Specsavers
2.5 from 1,290 reviews

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Average service with emphasis on add on sales

Ive seen the service diminish at Spec Savers with emphasis on add on sales like tinting , thinner lens or multi focals when you request a single pair for reading I find this annoying as Ive been a customer for a period of years and wont be returning because multiple staff will do this from the optometrist to the salesperson

Store LocationMiranda

Spec saver is not all the same

Mr K

Mr KSouth East Queensland, QLD

one staff member affects a sale!

I have given one staff member a bad rating. I was there on Thursday to get glasses. From the moment I walked in I was treated wonderfully by the welcome staff and optometrist. they listened and then I was handed to a salesperson who didn't smile or listen to my needs and was only after a quick sale. I walked out without buying glasses. I then went back in later in the evening and was met by a wonderful young lady who listened and smiled and sold me exactly what I wanted.

Store LocationNoosa Civic store

No customer service

Had a appointment at Specsavers Currimundi Qld. I arrived 5 mins early and was seated down and told someone would be with in shortly.?Waited 25mins with no one helping me,!plus 3 other people arrived after me that were looked after. Got up and walked to counter where two staff were chatting and I said I was leaving. Will never go back there again. Terrible service Currimundi!

Store LocationCurrimundi

Shai

ShaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vision evaluation versus production output

After paying $500+ for glasses, I expected improvement

Unfortunately, I believed the 'used car salesman' approach, went to reach for the 'better' option only to find that I was already wearing them.

Denise

DeniseMelbourne

NOT IMPRESSED

Store LocationCRANBOURNE

Pegasus2126Sydney, NSW

Spec savers Castle Hill NSW.

Lee

LeeHunter Region, NSW

Never ending drama

Never ending drama - purchased my first pair glasses in January,within a month the arm came off - had repaired at a cost to me -approximately 2 months later same thing happened went back but those glasses were no longer available so at the same cost I had to pick a new pair - I have just had the arm of the new pair come off. Funny I have a $20 pair from cheap shop I use every time a pair break which are 2 years old and have never had a problem.

Store LocationKotara
Jo Jo T

Jo Jo TSydney, NSW

Fantastic service at Nepean Centro store

I went into spec savers at Nepean Centro store in Penrith today to get my sunglasses fixed. The lovely young guy that assisted me really went the extra mile to ensure I was looked after and received excellent service. He was just so nice. In my opinion he went over and above to help me out and wished me a great weekend. Honestly, it made me feel really special to receive such good customer service. Spec savers are indeed lucky to have such a great staff member as customers are also. Im disappointed in myself for not catching his name as I would love to thank him personally but anyway...great service! Thank you so much.

Store LocationNepean Centro Penrith
Dave Guia

Dave GuiaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Service, Selection and Staff

What a great experience we had at Specsavers at Bateau Bay today.
It was fun going through the range of products and finding the best for both of us.
We also had a comprehensive eye exam which was professionally conducted.
Brad was our service provider this day and we have to say that he makes the process a breeze...and he's very competent and personable.
This experience just reaffirmed our decision to always go to Specsavers.

Store LocationBateau Bay NSW

Nikki Watson

Nikki WatsonSydney, NSW

NO DVA

I have dedicated my life to the Australian Defence Force, defending the people of Australia, fighting for what we believe in. Unfortunately I was injured and have now become a Veteran with full medical cover with DVA. This however is not recognised by Specsavers in Castle Towers NSW. THEY CHOOSE NOT TO LOOK AFTER VETERANS.

Please avoid this centre if you believe veterans should be treated as worthy Australians.

I would have scored it no stars however unless you give them at least 1 they won't review.

Fred Ballas

Fred BallasSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time and money!

If you want your glasses sooner rather than later, then go elsewhere! Also there is no guarantee that it will be the prescription that they misled you to believe it would be! They will try to hit you up for more money after the fact!

To their credit, there was no problem receiving a refund, although I am now without my original lenses that they removed to fit the new lenses (they removed them as well) as they were nowhere to be found (funny that). Lesson learnt the hard way! You will find the lenses you need for less elsewhere!

Store LocationPenrith Plaza

Operator Error

Operator ErrorCentral Queensland, QLD

No Care

After an operator error from Gladstone specsavers we had been left in a position of serious worry wondering what was around the corner. After a trip to Brisbane with the specialist $615, 1200k worth of fuel, two days off work we where told our son was perfect. After asking specsavers for some kind of compensation we where told that the machine that specialist used was of a better quality even after the fact they admitted it was operator error. Hopefully no other family has to experience what we did due to OPERATOR error.

Lea

LeaGippsland, VIC

Couldnt fault

I recently went in to our local Specsavers outlet in Warragul for an eye test that Id booked online. To say I was impressed by the whole process was an understatement. All staff were wonderful, i found the range of glasses satisfactory, I then picked my glasses, two days later I picked them up and now Im wearing them. I could not fault a thing and am disappointed by so many negative reviews when my experience was nothing but positive!

Store LocationWarragul
Aaron Newman

Aaron NewmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terribke service

Receive confirmation my glasses are in. Arrived at store to be told they havent arrived yet. We will call u when theyre in. Basically tough luck and deal with it. Never will I use spec savers again

Store LocationCranbourne
Susie

SusieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great store but Specsavers are not Savers in any way

Austio

AustioNewcastle

2 for one specials are a scam

I bought 2 pairs for the price of one. One was from the 2 for $199 range, one was 2 for $249. Total price was $599. They said the 2 for deal doesn't include the lenses. Like anyone is going to go in there and buy 2 frames. False advertising. Simple as that

Store LocationCharelstown

Briana F.

Briana F.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely bad quality - illegal standard of UV protection for sale in Australia!!!

Store LocationSunshine Plaza Maroochydore

Rachael Hallett

Rachael HallettAU

Quality has gone out the door

Store LocationCranbourne