Spirit

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent Service and Support for Those with Low IT Skills

As someone who is not very tech. savvy, I appreciate the reliability and speed of the service. I stress the reliability because I could not deal with dropouts, poor performance or lack of backup service.

Spirit has performed well and when necessary always made communication easy and put in the extra effort to be helpful with any issues.

Start DateMarch 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeUnlimited Data
This is fantastic to hear Lyn! We always do all we can to ensure the process is an easy one for customers just like you, after all, Internet & IT shouldn't be something that businesses need to worry about, we're here to take care of those worries for you! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave your kind words.

Very happy and no complaints so far.

Tech backup very patient and helpful.
I connected 3 days ago and so far so good. Happy with speed and absence of dropouts.
Located in St Kilda road apartment I experienced problems with Telstra cable speed which
was blamed on congestion in line use.

Start DateAugust 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Cheers Paladin, it's great to hear we could help you leave the issues of your past provider in the past. We look forward to you enjoying your new Sky-Speed Internet for many moons to come!

Great alternative to NBN

I recently moved into an apartment in Melbourne CBD and was looking for internet providers. Turned out Spirit - a non-NBN provider - offered cheaper prices with faster up/down speeds per month and with a 2nd month free promotion. Had to contact the company once due to a billing query and did not have to wait in a queue to chat to an online rep, who offered great service. Experienced a reduction in speed once or twice but otherwise speed is very consistent at other times. Would recommend.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Pete, thanks for your review. We're glad that you're enjoying your super speedy Internet and service with us.

Moving out from my apartment

I had lately some drop out, but I logged off and the connection come back. I was with Spirit for 3 years, and I was happy with the service. When I had to call the contact center my problem was sold promptly, in a very helpful, manner.

Start DateJune 2016
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Maria, we're glad everything worked out and are happy to have you as our customer! Thanks for your review.

Wonderful service!

We have had no issues whatsoever since joining Wires that then became Spirit. Wifi readily accessible on all devices upstairs and downstairs that met all our needs. Connection was totally reliable. No drop outs whatsoever.

Start DateMarch 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Paula, Thank you for leaving your awesome review! We're working hard to maintain this level of service. Glad to see it's paying off. Thanks again!

A great domestic wireless internet connection on the Gold Coast

The service is contracted at 30 down/10 up and consistently measures very close to these speeds.
I did not want to go to NBN HFC and this is a good future-proof alternative.
The support staff are always friendly and helpful.
I had some initial start up problems with speed but these were resolved.
Wireless internet relies on line of sight to base towers from your property and this is addressed at the initial sales contact and site installation. Ensure that you are getting the contracted speed at site installation time to avoid follow up.
In summary, a great service and I highly recommend Spirit.

Start DateMarch 2019

Spirit is awesome !!

- Ace in customer support
- Ace in service
- Only thing needing improvement is coverage. I hope they have wider provision coverage.
- Would opt for Spirit in place of any other ISP.

Start DateApril 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Hey Farhan, thank you so much for the awesome review! We're stoked on how stoked you are! Cheers!

Better than most ISP

Reliable and super fast internet. Customer service are generally nice and rarely any dropouts. Been using it for 4 years before moving out of Australia for good.

More area coverage and router flexibility would be great.

Start DateSeptember 2014
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hey Wibowo, thanks so much for your review! Glad you loved the speeds and service. We're working hard to make our service available to more people, so we couldn't agree more with your comment. We're sorry to see you go and hope you find an internet provider as speedy as us!

Great reliable internet with the promised speed at all times

Speed 50/50 was delivered whenever I checked it. No dropouts ever! Customer service used to be under trained a few years back but now seem to be professional and prompt.

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Same day service, Spirit delivers!

Due to the NBN being rolled out in our neighbourhood we had to change phone number. Spirit provide a teleconferencing service called KHConnect with we we had registered our previous number. As many people rely on this service we feared the worst. However, not only was Laura and Don incredibly helpful but they also restored our teleconference within a day even allowing us to keep our originally teleconference service number . Excellent service that was greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Chris./

Good product and great service. Internet is fast and reliable. Whenever I have had an issue they have resolved in straight away. The Australian based support team is fantastic. Thanks.

Start DateMarch 2019
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi David, we're wrapped you're enjoying our super-fast speeds! Thanks for your review!

Chris was a very nice and kind helping me when the wifi wasn't working properly/

My wifi didn'tlet me use more than one device at the same time. I called the team and they helped me get it fixed, by changing the way my router was plugged in. The customer service was very good.

Hi Christian, we're glad we could help you to get the most out of your wifi connection. Thanks for leaving your comment!

The assistance was valuable

As far as I know, the connection is reliable; dropouts have not been experienced.
Prior to receiving the assistance, I was unable to send e-mails via OUTLOOK.
That "problem" has now been resolved.
I appreciated the prompt response.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone

Pretty good service friendly customer support and stable internet

Good connection, responds well to issues and speeds are consistent across the board. Was able to get good customer service multiple times and much better pricing and availability than NBN.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hey Matt, thanks so much for your awesome review! We're stoked we've been able to provide you with super-fast Internet and the customer service to match! Thanks again!

Incredible speeds and reliability, one problem and was solved within 30mins by friendly staff

absolutely fantastic connection and speed along with reliable connection, even when used as an extender in another apartment. Had an issue when drop outs were occurring earlier this year, got onto the contact page and within 30 mins the problem was solved and now it runs perfectly.

Start DateMarch 2013
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hey Tristan, thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts. We couldn't be happier reading this first thing on Monday morning! Even more so that you're receiving a service you deserve! Cheers!

Excellent service

I have had a problem since December with microsoft outlook. A very patient Mel spent probably an hour getting to the bottom of it. It's working beautifully now. Follow up service with Spirit has been great.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Lorna, Thanks for your feedback. We're so glad that we could provide some help and get you on your way. Have a great weekend

not very bad, but need to improve

the port was disabled a couple of times with no reasons. the technical people were very kind and they fixed the issue in few minutes. will monitor and see whether it's better after last enable.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hey Leon, thanks for your review. We're glad we were able to restore your service so quickly. We're always looking to improve our service and value your feedback!

Working well, and always good help from the support team. Every now and again an outage, but generally very dependable.

Every now and again we have an outage, but it’s generally very dependable.
My first main problem was more because of my modem, but handled amazingly by the support team. Always good help from the support team.

Start DateApril 2014
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Fantastic to hear Sharny, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Absolute crap, just another call centre for service

Service continually drops in and out. Our service went out for 2 weeks and the call centre technicians couldn’t work out what was wrong, they sent someone out 2 weeks later who diagnosed the problem in a few minutes, he had installed another dish on my neighbours roof at the same time my network went down and it was robbing my signal. The tech changed the band I was on (which was also the same band as what they put my neighbour on) and problem fixed. I was then sent a bill to fix it ....? And no rebate on the 2 weeks I was without network? I am still in an argument with some call centre a week later about why I shouldn’t have to pay for the technician to come and fix what they broke?

Connection TypeI don't know
We're really sorry about the poor experience you've had with us, Lachlan. We hope the credit to your account and waiver of the fee has improved the Spirit experience for you. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and sorry you felt you had to write this feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in touch again if you experience any further problems, although we really don't expect you will. Hope you have a nice weekend.

DO NOT GO WITH SPIRIT. CRAP SERVICE. YOU WILL SPEND MORE TIME CALLING FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Really bad service with breakdowns every fortnight. You think that you have selected a reliable service for internet and phone. And they are just the opposite. Don't go with them at all.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless

If i get spirit will this solve the Internet issues we've been having...it's wifi but super slow I believe it's because there are too many signals but it's almost as slow as dial up was...
Not sure at all Tom. You would be best to check with Spirit. CheersTom, JP from Spirit here. Sounds like you're describing WiFi interference, but of course slow Internet can be caused by a bunch of things. If it's interference, there are a few steps to check and resolve: 1. Get a free WiFi Analzyer app on your phone - there are a few of these, but any showing you the channels under 2.4 and 5 GHz will do the job. Launch the app while at home and look for a channel graph. If there are a lot of WiFi networks all clustered at the same point then interference is likely the culprit 2. If you have access to your WiFi modem/router, log in and change the channel to something else. If you don’t, call your provider and ask them to do it. Another way to check if interference is the troublemaker is to use the "ping" command to check for packet loss - open a command line by hitting Start, then enter "cmd". In the new window, enter "ping www.google.com -t" and let it run for a bit. Ctrl-C will end the pings, which will then display stats including packet loss. If you see packet loss it could indicate WiFi interference. Of course depending what tech you’re on, it could be the upstream provider. NBN and DSL tech tends to run congested – everyone's trying to squeeze through the same pipe, which severely impacts performance. If you suspect that as the issue, give us a ring on 1800 SPIRIT :) Hope it helps. JPOK thanks will look into it

Are you guys ever going to branch out into standard home internet? If you are, let me know cu4t098@gmail.com
Hi Andrew, Thanks for getting in touch. We're expanding all the time, but currently, focus on business and residential apartment Internet. If you'd like to stay in the loop with our residential products and services, fill out this form https://spirit.com.au/speedy-waitlist/ . We'll let you know if our home product offering expands.

CategoryInternet Service Providers