3.4

• Adequate Speeds Yes (74%) · No (26%)
Nathan

NathanRichmond-Tweed, NSW

If I could give it no stars I would .

Absolutely disgusting . Speeds are up and down like a yo-yo . The customer service is useless and that’s being polite . Don’t do it . Tonight I finally got someone honest in there tech department who explained the issues I have been having is to much traffic on the supply tower, and that have no plans to upgrade . Thanks for lying and ripping me off since November ..

Start DateMay 2016
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Nathan, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience. This has been very poor from us and something that we will need to improve on. Once again we apologise for the performance issues.

TERRIBBLE

Terrible internet speed and connection. Always dropping out, MBPS is between 3 and 10 Mbps upload and download. It is acceptable to Spirit as generally over 5 Mbps not above 11 on a great day!!! Takes so long to do any work and speed is so slow and unreliable. Started off fantastic and has had a fast down hill decline in the last couple of years and getting worse by the week. Spirit just says the apologise, nothing else they can do.

Start DateApril 2014
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Scott, apologise for the poor speeds. This has been addressed with our technical support team.

Sarah P

Sarah PSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 Days and counting, no internet and horrendous staff and tech support.

Start DateOctober 2019
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Sarah, we apologise for these issues!! This will be taken up with our customer support team so that the likes of this does not happen again. Once again we apologise for the inconvenience.

Royan S.

Royan S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

terrible customer service & terrible internet connection

i am very happy to cancel my subscription. terrible customer service “they called it 24/7 support” but when i asked to checked about my subscription because i cant even login because the internet is losing connection to often, and they solution was “ill get your details and pass it to them and will contact you very shortly“ i mean ,“who is them??” and it is always no internet connection in the early morning. this service doesnt look professional (customer service) and very disappointing and frustrating to deal with.

Start DateJune 2020
jana

janaAlexandria

NO service or staff to resolve issues !! Stay clear

Changed providers in January 2020, have spoken to several staff to disconnect NBN service, which they continue to bill. Have dealt with 5 staff all making promises to resolve. Still waiting and when you call them they do not answer and the reception states someone will call you back. Honestly I have dealt with many companies but SPIRIT lack the level of service business customers require. Look for options

Customer C.Spirit

Hi Jana, we are sorry to see you go!! This will be addressed with our customer support team so that it does not happen again.

Vignesh

Vignesh

Abysmal tech support

Like any other internet service, service outage is common and understandable. Every our service resolves the outages in less than 12 hours if not 24 hours. Spirit takes atleast 3 days to respond and takes a week to resolve everytime the service goes down. We are all living in times where we had to work from home and internet is essential. It took half a day to connect to tech support and it took 3 days for them to send a team to see what is happening though there is clear outage with huge impact. Shows no value for customers.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Vignesh, we do apologise for all the inconveniences. This is something that is below standard and will be addressed straight away. We are sorry for our poor performance!!

Monte A.

Monte A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best experience ever

We have been with Spirit for more than two years. Honestly the best experience ever. We have had many zoom meetings each day for last two months. No outrage, no speed drop.

Start DateMay 2018
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Monte, thanks for the kind words. It is always nice to hear about Zoom meetings that do not freeze :)

Lauren Perrow

Lauren PerrowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking shocking shocking

Start DateSeptember 2016
Dane H.

Dane H.South East Queensland, QLD

Resolved our issue

We were originally signed up with Anttel had an issue that seemed irreconcilable until Grant stepped in and really went out of his way to resolve it quickly and professionally.

Start DateMarch 2019
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Dane, apologies for the inconveniences. This is something we are not use to at Spirit and will be addressed.

Alex Canton

Alex CantonGold Coast, Queensland

Terrible experience with wireless broadband on the Gold Coast.

Consistently terrible speeds with wireless broadband. Should be illegal to sell a service that doesn't perform at speed 99.9% of the time. Countless customer support tickets and still terrible internet.

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Alex, we apologise for the performance issues, usually our speed is something that our customers are happy with. This will be addressed with our technical support team. Once again we are sorry!!

dysphorian

dysphorianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reliable connection and excellent service

I actually get a solid 50Mb/s both ways with no slowing down during 'peak' periods. Can't say better. The staff are always polite and the follow through (they mail back to check all is well) is appreciated.

Start DateDecember 2016
Customer C.Spirit

Thank you so much! I'm glad that we are providing a reliable service:)

MaryJane P.

MaryJane P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Steer clear.

Customer service is terrible. Dropouts and no help from support. Really shoddy business. Will wait 45+ mins to talk to someone. Not cheap either. Premium price, budget products
The. Worst.

Start DateJune 2017
Foghat

FoghatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless now

This was pretty good when I first signed up about two years ago on the Gold Coast. Now I am lucky to get 2.5mps in the evening which means watching Foxtel or any sort of streaming is useless. I suspect that Spirit have just added more and more users without updating their system up here. When I complain all I get is useless tests which prove nothing. Move your modem etc (it is exactly where you installed it!) Last night I was the only user in the house trying to watch the RWC. Time 2050 hrs download speed 2.20 mbps ... up 5.03 .. then 197 down and 197 up. An hour later 4.56 down and 3.35 up. Pathetic. I am searching for a similar priced NBN retailer right now.

Start DateJuly 2016
Lyn

LynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent Service and Support for Those with Low IT Skills

As someone who is not very tech. savvy, I appreciate the reliability and speed of the service. I stress the reliability because I could not deal with dropouts, poor performance or lack of backup service.

Spirit has performed well and when necessary always made communication easy and put in the extra effort to be helpful with any issues.

Start DateMarch 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled
Customer C.Spirit

Very happy and no complaints so far.

Tech backup very patient and helpful.
I connected 3 days ago and so far so good. Happy with speed and absence of dropouts.
Located in St Kilda road apartment I experienced problems with Telstra cable speed which
was blamed on congestion in line use.

Start DateAugust 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Customer C.Spirit

Cheers Paladin, it's great to hear we could help you leave the issues of your past provider in the past. We look forward to you enjoying your new Sky-Speed Internet for many moons to come!

Pete P.

Pete P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great alternative to NBN

I recently moved into an apartment in Melbourne CBD and was looking for internet providers. Turned out Spirit - a non-NBN provider - offered cheaper prices with faster up/down speeds per month and with a 2nd month free promotion. Had to contact the company once due to a billing query and did not have to wait in a queue to chat to an online rep, who offered great service. Experienced a reduction in speed once or twice but otherwise speed is very consistent at other times. Would recommend.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Pete, thanks for your review. We're glad that you're enjoying your super speedy Internet and service with us.

Maria

MariaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Moving out from my apartment

I had lately some drop out, but I logged off and the connection come back. I was with Spirit for 3 years, and I was happy with the service. When I had to call the contact center my problem was sold promptly, in a very helpful, manner.

Start DateJune 2016
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Maria, we're glad everything worked out and are happy to have you as our customer! Thanks for your review.

Wonderful service!

We have had no issues whatsoever since joining Wires that then became Spirit. Wifi readily accessible on all devices upstairs and downstairs that met all our needs. Connection was totally reliable. No drop outs whatsoever.

Start DateMarch 2017
Customer C.Spirit

Hi Paula, Thank you for leaving your awesome review! We're working hard to maintain this level of service. Glad to see it's paying off. Thanks again!

Denis

DenisSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great domestic wireless internet connection on the Gold Coast

The service is contracted at 30 down/10 up and consistently measures very close to these speeds.
I did not want to go to NBN HFC and this is a good future-proof alternative.
The support staff are always friendly and helpful.
I had some initial start up problems with speed but these were resolved.
Wireless internet relies on line of sight to base towers from your property and this is addressed at the initial sales contact and site installation. Ensure that you are getting the contracted speed at site installation time to avoid follow up.
In summary, a great service and I highly recommend Spirit.

Start DateMarch 2019

Spirit is awesome !!

- Ace in customer support
- Ace in service
- Only thing needing improvement is coverage. I hope they have wider provision coverage.
- Would opt for Spirit in place of any other ISP.

Start DateApril 2017
Customer C.Spirit

Hey Farhan, thank you so much for the awesome review! We're stoked on how stoked you are! Cheers!

Shaun H.

Shaun H.asked

Spirit

Does Spirit have a map of their coverage in metropolitan Melbourne?
I am in Forest Hill, 3131

Customer C.Spirit

Hi Shaun, yes we do have coverage in your area for businesses, however if you are after home internet we do not provide in your area. If you are interested please send your address and business details through to sales@spirit.com.au. Thanks!

Tom Meadowsasked

Spirit

If i get spirit will this solve the Internet issues we've been having...it's wifi but super slow I believe it's because there are too many signals but it's almost as slow as dial up was...

Paula
Paula

Not sure at all Tom. You would be best to check with Spirit.
Cheers

Customer C.Spirit

Tom, JP from Spirit here.

Sounds like you're describing WiFi interference, but of course slow Internet can be caused by a bunch of things. If it's interference, there are a few steps to check and resolve:

1. Get a free WiFi Analzyer app on your phone - there are a few of these, but any showing you the channels under 2.4 and 5 GHz will do the job. Launch the app while at home and look for a channel graph. If there are a lot of WiFi networks all clustered at the same point then interference is likely the culprit
2. If you have access to your WiFi modem/router, log in and change the channel to something else. If you don’t, call your provider and ask them to do it.

Another way to check if interference is the troublemaker is to use the "ping" command to check for packet loss - open a command line by hitting Start, then enter "cmd". In the new window, enter "ping www.google.com -t" and let it run for a bit. Ctrl-C will end the pings, which will then display stats including packet loss. If you see packet loss it could indicate WiFi interference.

Of course depending what tech you’re on, it could be the upstream provider. NBN and DSL tech tends to run congested – everyone's trying to squeeze through the same pipe, which severely impacts performance. If you suspect that as the issue, give us a ring on 1800 SPIRIT :)

Hope it helps.

JP

Tom Meadows

OK thanks will look into it

Andrew T.

Andrew T.asked

Spirit

Are you guys ever going to branch out into standard home internet? If you are, let me know cu4t098@gmail.com

Customer C.Spirit

Hi Andrew, Thanks for getting in touch. We're expanding all the time, but currently, focus on business and residential apartment Internet. If you'd like to stay in the loop with our residential products and services, fill out this form https://spirit.com.au/speedy-waitlist/ . We'll let you know if our home product offering expands.

Get an answer from our members and Spirit representatives

Other Internet Service Providers