Spotlight
1.6 from 1,157 reviews

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

C. Andersen

C. Andersen

Ready-made Eyelet Curtains

I bought two pair of Ready-made Eyelet curtains and no two curtains are the same length. The difference in length ranges from 3 to 5cm across the four individual curtains. These curtains were $75 a pair. Very poor quality control.

Store LocationMount Gravatt, Qld

Ridiculous service / unintelligent staff

Virginia

VirginiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

4 seasons pure wool entwine

Purchased 10 balls of 4 seasons pure wool entwine 8 ply 100g balls on the 22nd of January. Knitted 10 inches of a mans jumper and the next four inches had a join every inch. Very disappointed in this product. It is not an A grade wool and sought wether it is pure wool!

Store LocationBurleigh Heads

Barb P

Barb PCentral West, NSW

Poor communication

Ordered 4 towels online and initially was charged for 4. Then received notification that I was being refunded for three. Why was I not asked if 1 towel was what I wanted when I ordered 4. I was also charged the full postage which is the same for 4 towels as 1? I should have been given the option of cancelling the complete order. Sent a message to the online site and am still waiting for an answer from them. Dreadful communication issues!!!!

Hillary K.

Hillary K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service representative was useless and company had no interest in resolving their defective product.

Had to talk customer service rep through the issue (product was missing parts) 3 times after which she was unable even offer a suggestion of how to resolve the problem...dead air on the line till I prompted by asking how the defective product would be replaced or refunded. Rep suggested going instore...but when I pressed further for stock check to ensure I wasn't travelling for no reason she couldn't even conform availability. Also was unable to process a refund or organise sending a replacement product. Will NEVER shop spotlight again. So many better options out there that are cheaper, better quality, and employ people who are not dimwitted.

Maureen F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rip off and terrible customer service

Wanting to purchase new blinds ordered a free measure and quote,had to wait till next day for the quote which was an outrageous amount 4 grand for 3 average rooms for fake timber blinds,it would of been 5grand but they had 30% off! I thought I would go instore to buy ready to hang blinds instead to save money but they refused to give me the measurements they had taken for me to choose! Avoid this place

Store LocationCranbourne

Natasha G.

Natasha G.South East Queensland, QLD

Non-existent customer service

KathleenMurray Region, NSW

Very disappointing service

Store LocationAlbury - Store No: S102
Kathleen

Update:
Still no contact from Spotlight. I will be seeking a refund tomorrow

Kirsten

KirstenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor M2M in home blinds

Very poor service, been waiting for 3/4 months for installation of blinds. No response from Spotlight, very unprofessional, no customer service experience in this Organization. Not recommending M2M to family and friends.

Customer service non-existent

I went to the Bayswater store today, ready to spend $500 on a Cricut machine, but left empty handed due to horrendous customer service. I initially approached 2 workers who were chatting together and received awkward looks of confusion when I asked them for help. They directed me to the Lay By desk where I was greeted by one worker who offered to call a person from the craft department to help me. One of the two ladies I had initially approached came to ‘help’ me. She could not tell me any information about the product, was very abrupt and bland with any brief response she gave. I tried to probe with questions for further information but she gave me as little response as possible. Very unimpressed.

Store LocationBayswater

BelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only Partial of my Order was delivered and then x1 was faulty!

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unhelpful staff

I bought two of the same item that are $7 each on the Spotlight website. The cash register showed these as $12 each. I pointed this out to the cashier and she just said she'd have to charge me what the cash register computer showed. I showed her the online price on my phone but she was unmoved and only gave me the option of not buying them. I paid her price as I needed the items, but pointed out to her that any other large retailer would always honour the lower price showed on their own website. She made no comment to this as I know she knew their attitude to customers sucks.

Sherry

SherryGippsland, VIC

Terrible customer service

Half my curtain order was sent to the wrong customer and I received his order. Contacted spotlight and was told that they’d heard from the customer who received my curtains and spotlight would send them in to me. In the meantime, they’ve cancelled my order, sent me one pair of curtains instead of 4 and don’t have the other 3 pair to send to me because they’ve obviously sold them to someone else. Will never shop with spotlight again

David N

David NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely disappointed with the customer service.

We had a bed sheet set given to us as a present (purchased from spotlight with obviously no receipt brand new still in plastic bag), The bed set was king size, we went there to change it to Queen size. The older lady at the counter (either manager or owner- WITHOUT A NAME TAG) said that they can't do a swap without a receipt. Love these franchisers giving Spotlight a very bad name. Do yourselves a favour, buy from K mart or Big W.

Store LocationMount Gravatt Queensland Australia
Gracie

Gracie

Extremely rude service

Literally every time I go to spotlight the more mature ladies there are so utterly rude. When they talk to you they turn their noses up and act as if your not worth their time. I’m terrified to go into the store sometimes because I can’t find what I need and the ladies will just be rude

Store LocationBelrose

miranda k.

miranda k.Illawarra, NSW

Don't use

Paid spotlight online through afterpay for a sewing machine week a machine 22/12 and told 2-5 delivery. 9 days later no contact from them machine fully paid by afterpay and payments still having to be made understandably to afterpay. Tried to call left waiting over half an hour. At an absolute dead end. VIP will not use again.

Ros

RosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero customer service

Have been waiting to be served at the curtains and blinds counter at Mt Gravatt store for 35mins now, have asked staff to find someone to help me, no luck

Store LocationMt Gravatt Qld

Angel

AngelAdelaide

Spotlight Noarlunga

Store LocationNoarlunga

David4023

David4023Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't people waffle !!

I've purchased many items from Spotlight stores, variety of stores. Read many reviews but the most annoying was from a so-called Christian Fanatic who claimed they had removed the Christian theme balloons.. Guess we may have to accept some people waffle for the sake of it. Nobody cares and the Kids couldn't care less, elephant theme or talking peanuts on the balloons.

Store LocationST MORRIS