Spotlight

1,331 reviews

Kathy

KathyHunter Region, NSW

Curtains falling apart

Purchased made to measure sheer curtains 4years ago for 2 very large windows which have an inside blind aswell as shutters outside, we are away a lot so shutters are drawn a fair bit! Took them down to wash and was shocked to see them deteriorated! Called Spotlight they didn't want anything to do with them as they are out of warranty! Never again!

Store LocationRutherford
sandra

sandraPerth, WA

Absolutely Disgusting

Ordered my blinds $8,500 worth to have it delivered two months later with two wrong measurements, so i now have to wait another 6 weeks for it be installed. One of the windows was a shamble and the blinds were incorrect for the area. Have been contacting the store and head office, with head office an absolute joke as they do not answer or action asap. Waiting on a refund for the stuff up and get told that they forgot to put the refund through. OMG, never again will I use or recommend this company. Get your act together and look at what is not working with this company and their process NOT in place.

Store Locationspecial custom blinds/Mandurah WA
Reviewer

ReviewerAustralia

Poor Inventory Management System + Lack of Empathy

Disgrace. 0 stars

Nickgs

NickgsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ORDER NOT RECEIVED

ORDER NO. 32212735 placed on 20th July with 2-5 days delivery. Still waiting 16 days later after advice that item was shipped on 21st July. Contacted Australia Post and Spotlight three times but no answers forthcoming. Pathetic service. Only efficient action was time to receive a requested refund which was within 15 mins. Obtained same item from another supplier within 3 hours of ordering. Won't bother with Spotlight online service which has a lot to learn.

Fraser N.

Fraser N.

Don't trust online store. They may fulfill part of your order without giving option to cancel whole order

This store does what it pleases. Purchased 4 items, Spotlight advised they will only be delivering 2. Delivery made the remaining two items MORE expensive than if purchased in-store. My point is, I was not given the option to cancel the whole order. Extremely poor service. Paypal claim looms.

Delores

DeloresCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Never again

Bought online and paid. 7 days later they decide they are out of stock on 2 items. Items should be “picked” when order placed not 7 days later they decide they don’t have stock. I don’t want the rest of the order. When I spoke to them the lad told me I should have read the Terms and Conditions, not at all helpful.

Samantha

SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Made to measure - what a joke. Don't bother to waste your money

Store LocationQld north lakes
Lisa W.

Lisa W.Perth, WA

Made to measure blinds DONT DO IT

Ordered house full of white Venetian blinds, measured on two separate occasions by Spotlight and they still didn’t get it right! Waited 3 months to arrive and another 6 weeks or so now for the replacement blind which is in my main living area- no response from customer service regarding my written complaint so in a nutshell go elsewhere- they’ve had full payment as they won’t install unless paid in full, what a joke!

Store LocationJoondalup

Luke

LukeHunter Region, NSW

Never again - Don’t use spotlight made to measure!

I placed an order with spotlight over 4 months ago for blinds and shutters. They took over 2 months to come out and measure the windows. They also cancelled an appointment without telling me.
Finally after everything was measured it took another month for them to tell me that the materials for the blinds were out of stock so I cancelled.
Funnily enough the cancelling was the easiest part of all with the staff actually being great to deal with.
I’m still waiting on shutters after 4 months.

Store LocationRutherford
Karen

Karen

Helping customers is against their terms and conditions!

I ordered 2 items and paid $12 postage. They decided one is out of stock. When I rang to get a replacement (That I am happy to pay for) with free postage (To compensate for their sudden out of stock item), they won’t help me. I was told “It’s against their terms and conditions!” So I’m missing one item that my child needs for a project and have to pay $12 postage again to get another?

Jonny bravo

Jonny bravoPerth, WA

Borderline corrupt

Purchased very expensive material, then the colour started come out all over the sewing machine and my hands, not even dyed properly.
They’re shonky sales exclude just about everything. Never Again!

Store LocationJandakot

extremly messy online shop

Pay $12 dollars postage for 2 pieces products from its online store?(most items of my order were cancelled without any notice! ) and until now, no item has been delivered! will never buy from spotlight.

Nat

NatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price Gouging and slow to ship

Ordered materials online at a set cost to make masks. The materials showed as "in stock". Days later I received an email that the order could not be fulfilled. Went back to the Spotlight website to order different materials, figuring that the material I ordered must have been out of stock. The material that I had originally ordered was "in stock", but at nearly triple the original price.

The items that were not cancelled had not been sent five days later when shipping times on the site are less than that.

Dan

DanNortheast, VIC

Don't buy from spotlight!!!!!

My wife a loyal customer of over thirty years made her first large online purchase due to Covid. She purchased a sewing machine from spotlight. When it arrived she tested it and was stunned that it has no on off switch which she needs for safety with our small relatives. She contacted spotlight and they will not refund.
THIS IS HOW SPOTLIGHT REWARD LOYALTY.
We will now be traveling another half hour to purchase my wife's fabric to avoid Spotlight.
DON'T SHOP AT SPOTLIGHT!!!

Hayley

HayleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Price gouging in tough times

Nay

NaySydney, NSW

Wrong product sent out from an online order, Rude staff & terrible old fashioned return system in-store.

I ordered some coasters online and they sent me the wrong ones. I went to return them in store and was told I needed a tax invoice. In my emails I had only been sent a shipping confirmation with the order number on. The staff member told me I need to call customer care and have them email me a copy of my tax invoice which I then had to email to the store and they would print it out.
How hard is it for spotlight to get with the times and improve their return system. Other companies you can just take your order number and it brings all your information up on the store register. Also you should be able to scan a barcode from an email!!
Your staff are also rude! They need to be taught how to deal with customers.

Store LocationPenrith Homemaker centre

Disgusting price gouging

Fat quarters are usually $1 to $2 often on sale 10 for $10
Went to Carnegie store and no price on them they are now $7 much cheaper to buy fabric by the metre

Store LocationCarnegie vic
 Benjamin

Benjamin

Poor service

Don't shop there they have items marked down but when you pay you get stung for the retail price and when you go back with the receipt they are unwilling to help you

Store LocationBayswater
Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Chaotic & badly organised

First time they didn’t accept their own voucher, second time the staff sent us around in the shop back and forth, they didn’t have the items despite saying online that they are in-stock and so on. I’ll shop elsewhere.

Store LocationGosford