St. George

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for St. George Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Aman H.
Aman H.Perth, WA

Worst bank with worst customer service

Worst customer service ever experienced.avoid this bank if possible.not reliable and helpful at all and charges you hell lot of money without explanation and rudest and senseless customer service.got car loan with this bank via dealer only will be my first and LAST experience

Mia
MiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst bank in Australia

I brought a car with salary sacrifice smartleasing and after two weeks I lost my job. Smartleasing said that the lease was with st George and I would need to call them. The person I spoke to was so very rude and unprofessional. They told me that I still had to lease the car even though my new job didn’t salary sacrifice. I had the car for two weeks, I asked them if I could to pay it out and was told that i would have to pay the car out and give them an extra $15000 dollars.
So after two weeks of owning a $55000 dollar car I would have to give them $70000.
So wrong and disgusting coming from a. Billion dollar company!!

Appalling on how they treat their loyal customers!

Smallmenissues
SmallmenissuesSydney, NSW

Best customer service - client for 20 years

Gina from Customer Service at St George Bank Leichhardt branch . Has exceeded all my expectations . Efficient and caring . Those qualities don’t often come together .
Thank you Gina for answering all my banking queries .

UpYours
UpYoursCanberra 2600, ACT

WHY CAN'T I SUBMIT MINUS 10 STARS?

Jim
JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pretty terrible, simple home loan refinance and credit card application issues

Terrible communication and service between StG and previous bank with simple home loan refinance.
Also applied for a credit card with StG that took 4 weeks for approval, multiple phone calls to follow up.
For context, I am a customer with a very low LVR, steady income, no debt and healthy credit history. Baffling!

TopicCredit Card Application and Loan Application

Where's my money

My elderly,90, mother has a term deposit that matures in 16 days, but at late notice we were able to get her into an aged care facility so we needed to access the funds from the term deposit. So the situation is actually urgent and we need to access the funds immediately. There is a lot more to the story but it's now been 5 days and my mum's money still has not been deposited to her account. Luckily the Commonwealth Bank understood the urgency in this situation and were able to help us to secure the accommodation. She has had the account for more than 20 years but now we will close it has they just don't understand or appreciate customers needs.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Anita
AnitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Customer Service, Incompetent Staff

Been with this bank for 3 years, every single time you call up you can expect to be:
a) directed to the wrong department b) told incorrect information c) expected to call back time and time again till you get someone who is half decent. The app and website is terrible, and loan applications can take weeks if not months and you will chase them up again and again. I'd rather pay more elsewhere with all the time I've wasted on the phone with this bank. Happy I've left.

holly
hollyPerth, WA

Worst banking experience

I have been with this bank since I was 16, never experienced worse banking issues. They would take hundreds of dollars out of my account only to replace it a week later (for no reason). They locked me out of my internet banking so I could not pay bills etc. and charged me a dishonour charge even though THEY locked me out! Only one branch in Perth city. Definitely changing banks.

Just answer the phone
Just answer the phoneQueensland

Answer the hpone

Still on hold for over an hour and still havent had someone answer to help with my question. They really need to hire some people in the call centre. Cancelling all accounts as soon as able

Natasha
NatashaSydney, NSW

Lost or stolen my money

I sent $ 1800 from overseas. St.George held my money 28 days!!! and not ready put on account or return back. They ignore my bank request. Maybe my money will help them if they are poor and they must be proud that a student presented $ 1800 to such poor bank.

Incentives Savings

With St George for over 3years now and Im happy how they helped me out with questions that I wanna know.
Ingleburn NSW 2565 St George Team are the friendly staff,so welcoming and make you feel confident enough to asked questions!
St George specialist Anita Fitzgerald was outstanding,small details are clearly defined to you.
Thankyou St George Team Ingleburn NSW 2565 ,keep up the good work!

Dem
DemSydney, NSW

Can’t wait to refinance from St George

I have been with St George for 1 year, I have recently done a valuation for guarantor removal in which St George have valued our property over 100k less then the median AVERAGE on RP Data. We had a valuation elsewhere for a refinance and the Lender value our property more then 100k over what St George will, which allows us to borrow more to finance our wedding and renovations.
Other then the several hours it takes for me to get through to the right department, it was a good stepping stone to my first house. But since you no longer want our money we are in the process of refinancing elsewhere.

Cats
Cats

St George _ Incompetent Customer Service !

TopicGeneral Transactions

Terrible, save yourself a lot of stress and go elsewhere

Submitted our loan application through a broker, got all the reference numbers. They then moved the application to a different department after 5 days and have new application numbers. It has now almost been 3 weeks and we are no where near getting our formal approval. We have had to ask for an extension due to their delays. Mortgage broker has been chasing this for us diligently but they keep ignoring emails and saying someone will be in contact but never anything. I will be telling everyone far and wide to stay away from this bank. Utterly disappointed.

TopicLoan Application