Online, Branches

1.5

Joel M

Joel MSydney, NSW

Nightmare

We started a simple remortgage application for our house at the end of feb, we where advised the application would take 2-3 weeks.... currently we are in 3-4 Months! And the lone is still not in place. Totally disappointed and would not recommend taking a lone with st George to anyone.

Harrison C.

Harrison C.South East Queensland, QLD

Office staff located in South Australia have no clue. At first I thought it was a sheltered workshop.

I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with back-end office staff located in South Australia. They could use trained parrots to do the same job. They just kept reading from a script and pushing out their titles. I thought Kristi Hathaway was intellectually disabled until she confirmed otherwise. I will never involve myself with St. George / Westpac again.

Jade

Jade

Professional customer service in Haymarket branch

Although I am an existing customer for a long time but it is the first time for me to walk into this branch. The customer service is well trained with full of knowledge in their own products. Very patient and passionate. Try her best to match my needs. Keen on maintaining their relationship with customers. Thank you Tuyet!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Ricky P.

Ricky P.

Terrible customer service, poor communication and stupidly high interest rates

Flynn

FlynnSydney, NSW

Pack of liars

I have been with St George for about 30 years. I have no bad credit , and zero debt. I applied for a car loan of $13,000, and was quoted (verbally and by email) interest at 7.5% over 3 years. After 3 days, I had to chase it up, and was given the "good news" that I had been accepted, only at 12.99% !! When I offered to email the quote from 'Peter' at St George as proof, they were not interested and refused to give me an email address to send to. Disgraceful.

Product Review

Product ReviewSydney, NSW

A loyalty Tax Winner

TopicLoan Application
Hopeu can sleep at night

Hopeu can sleep at nightSouth East Queensland, QLD

They will bleed you dry

Edward B.

Edward B.South East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful Service

I started a remortgage application via a mortgage broker 12/03/2020. Today 05/05/20 this is still not complete and even requests to be contacted are having the buck passed! All we hear is tomorrow, tomorrow, with another department, tomorrow tomorrow. Unfortunatley the first tomorrow was 15/04/20. Questioning the decision to remortgage!

Chrisalan

worst customer service I have ever had from a bank

I have been a St.George bank customer for 35 years, cannot recommend St.George Bank ( or Westpac ) under any circumstances, my CC account was paid off in full 18 months ago, yet, they have added charges for use of the card, when it never used , I have made six complaints for my CC account to be closed,and fee's refunded, yet nothing happens, hopeless customer service, will now be making a formal complaint to the AFCA, AND removing my Super from BT to a bank where customers are appreciated ( that could be a challenge ), wake up St.George/ Westpac never will purchase another Westpac product ever again by me or any other family member.

GTO

GTOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad customer service

TopicGeneral Transactions

Can't even send an email

John Townshend

John TownshendBrisbane

best move would be for them to get out banking......

cannot, under any circumstances recommend approaching St George for any sort of finance. simply have no idea how to process the most straight forward of loan applications.
*phone staff don't have a clue and tell you everything is in order and progressing through the system.......for two months
*numerous follow up emails never replied to
*departments at cross purposes creating the need for further pointless phone calls and emails (that are never responded to)

have no idea how to conduct the business that they are in.

TopicBusiness Banking
gino67

gino67Sydney, NSW

No service for existing customers

Been with St George over 20 years
They do not value existing customers, I knew this long time ago but had put up with it.
But not for much longer hopefully.
I have tried to speak to someone in regards to my loan and the help they are providing with COVID-19.
It has been 20 days and 3 applications for call back and hours on the phone waiting with no luck.

Looking at the Review's it does not surprise me at their score rating. I feel better now reading all the negative review's.
I was taking it personally, but that is normal at St George, they are never "here to help"

Charles_Galea

Charles_GaleaSydney, NSW

Absolute thieves not deserving of even one star.

I have been with these crooks for about forty years.
Their lack of loyalty to long term customers is atrocious.
Their mortgage rates are possibly the highest there is.
Dynamite would not shift their attitude.
Stay away from the dragon it will eat you alive.

Bad Customer Service

Very bad Customer service, over the phone they don't even let customer complete his query and intrupt between. I called them to get my statement for.my account , online annually statement available only, so called to get from January to April statement, wait is 67min to talk to them and after that they don't even listen properly, very poor services, they promised me to send statement in 5days, it's been 11days nothing yet, so called again, I got in contact with them again and guws have to wait for 62min now, I am over it, will change bank soon, thanks for your poor service st. George.

Fayaz

FayazSydney, NSW

Avoid completely

I opted for a St George credit card due to the amazing miles offer. But i am paying the price already. I dont care if my yearly fee is already taken, but I am cancelling this card right away.

TopicCredit Card Application
JEH

JEHSydney, NSW

Absolutely the WORST service ever!!

I have been with St George for several years with several million of dollars in lending. I received nothing but bad Service; My Service Manager called [name removed] he NEVER answered my calls not even once.
I decided to switch banks. it has been now 29 days and they still did NOT action the request. I missed settlement on a new purchase because of them.
In my 35 years with dealing with banks ST George is BY FAR the Absolute worst. STAY AWAY!!

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
RKR

RKRSydney, NSW

St George Directshares customer service is nil

TopicBusiness Banking
Ken H.

Ken H.

Out of touch in difficult times

While the rest of the world is coming to grips with COVID/19 and the banks have dropped there interest rates around the world. I get a letter from St George informing me of a RISE in my home loan rate for my SMSF to 5.85 % talk about been out of touch with what’s happening in the market place goodbye St George Maybe spend more time listening to what’s happening in the world.

Mitra.M