Online, Branches

Sim

SimSydney, NSW

Home Loan

If possible I would give a minus star. Do not apply for your home loan to this st george bank. Its horrible. No commitment. I got my pre approval and I applied for formals. It's been more than 3 weeks still no any answer. My cooling off period is finished. Because of these moron I might have to loose my deposit and the property.

Gail M.

Gail M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting service and won't refund and overpayment as paid by 3rd party (my husband)

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Minesh

MineshMelbourne

Paused repayments during Covid

I applied to pause my car loan again during lockdown as I was working reduced hours due to covid 19. I got text message saying someone will call me to assit me further but no one called. I called them myself to pause the payment. Everything was done through the phone. After four months I came to know my credit score got affected due to arrears in my car loan. Upon calling st georges I was told, their team member didnt put the right notes on the account when stopping the direct debit, resulting in bad credit score. The loan got paused because of Covid 19 not for any other reasons where my credit score got affected unlike my home loan where the credit score is intact. Such an irresponsible bank and unprofessional people. Stay away from them.

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Novate lease

This ties in with unethical and deceptive dealings with Remserv.
Once engaged with a Novated lease in 2015, it met maturity 8 months ago. Absolutely no correspondance was recevied and despite automated payments continuing to be received they agreement was shifted (assumedly) to a rental agreement, the residual balance on the lease held in areers and considered in default. No phone calls, no letters, no input. A simple notification and the balance would've been paid same day.
Clearly these people make their money through deception, avoid them at all costs.

peter

peter

Arrogant

i went to the St George branch at bateau bay this afternoon
i had $380 IN COINS all baged and already counted but noooooooo
not good enough the counter person gave me a few bags and asked me to recount them
into WAIT FOR IT $20 in each bag do they have a clue how long i'd be there doing that
1 person working behined the counter another in the information section thinking its a supermodel
1 in an office and 1 just looking busy not doing anything of course the person behind the counter said she'd help me but i doubt that due to she was busy behined the counter while the other 3 were
in a catwalk in france what a joke

Appalling Service - Would NEVER use this bank again

This is by far the most difficult bank to deal with. I find it interesting how my personal details match their system when they are wanting my money to pay a credit card but miraculously they don't match when it's time to close the account (no changes to my details either). I am told I need to travel to my local branch to prove ID - my local branch is hours away! Funny, they don't seem to care.

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.

I unfortunately have my home loan with this disgusting bank, I will be changing homeloans asap and never banking with them again. There are a disgusting excuse for a bank a business or whatever you want to call them. Disgusting!

Owen

OwenSouth East Queensland, QLD

From bad to better

I called the bank for basic customer service and from the get go it was obvious that the main priority of their call centre was to ensure I did not make it through to a customer service officer. I felt as if my call was a nuisance to them, being a detriment to their productive workflow. Where would they be without their customers? All I wanted was some guidance and advice and all they gave me was obstruction and negligence. However, in visiting a branch I found the staff welcoming and helpful so a bad experience has turned into something better.

Other Banks
Mike97

Mike97Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great when it works, but too many problems over 10 years

Terrible service

I opened business account with this bank more than 3 weeks ago, they said the business debit card will be sent to my home address within 14 working days. The staff didn't know the promotion that bank was offering. It's 20 working days with lot of following up, they said the card has been ordered but they can't say if it has been dispatched. Finally they said the card would never come (I had to call hotline). I had to cancel and order a new one. They promised 7-10 days more. No apology nor anything. I guess they don't need client.

TopicBusiness Banking and New Account

Beyond horrible!!

My have been trying to refinance my loan for over three months. They keep apologising and changing their word. I have lost an investment property I was applying for due to their delays. And is three months was not long enough they have not advised that my file will be looked at at the end of the month!!!!

Sunny

SunnySydney, NSW

All services are zero star.

Highly recommend don't use St George bank
Services are unbelievably slow, hard to contact phone service. Even talk to them, they don't do anything. No trust for them! No recommendation!!
I will withdraw our home loan from them.

Mazza

MazzaSydney, NSW

Misleading & FULL of errors

1) The bank opened me an account and after the first bill i discovered it was an ancient account that was joined with other people who could have accessed MY money!!! And they refusef to close it without ANY customer support wanting me to go into the brack taking more time off MY work to fix THEIR legal error.

2) Their 'Landlord' Insurance is the biggest roit in Insurance history with ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Landlord and will reject every claim even if it is legit 'Landlord' related. Misleading name is an understatement.

Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnab T.

Arnab T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can I give "0" star

This bank does not know what they are doing.
I closed off my loan account followed by a letter that all good & they will give me a refund.
After 1 month, they came back with thousand other questions. basically put me as a hostage.

Darren Burton

Darren BurtonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great customer service

Would like to take the time to thank jo Taylor from stgeorge bank for the fone call tday asking if i needed anything regarding my loans which i asked about interest rates and could they be reduced which they did its nit everyday you receive this from a bank.kind regards to stgeorge and there staff

Cris Nunes

Cris NunesSydney, NSW

Business customer getting a horrible service or I mean getting NO service

I have been a Business customer with the bank for over 13 year. Last recent years have been assigned to different account managers who provide no service, no reply to emails and requests. If I call the call centre to help me instead they say they can’t help me because I have an account manager. Issues unresolved! No feedback provided! Enough of this horrible service

TopicBusiness Banking

Invest more in call centre training

Never Again

Never AgainSydney, NSW

"We can get through this together" Yeah right!

After having jumped through all your hoops to get the financial hardship support through the Covid period, where I was unable to pay my car repayments, and having done all you asked me to do, having never missed a single dollar in previous repayments, I am now getting letters of default notices, threatening me with legal action.

You are a disgraceful bank and hope that each measure you use to treat your clients, will also to be used to measure you. Because if so, you'll be liable for so many dishonest dealings, that it'd make the news. Wait, hold on, it already has, so no surprise... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-24/westpac-misconduct-costs-head-toward-2-billion/11633554.

Brain dead morons.

Have been with St George since my teens but this episode has me looking at new banks finally. Fraud team is unaware of what risk is, supervisor was just an arrogant version of the dishonest employee. Literally have zero clue about risk.

TopicBusiness Banking
honestreviews

honestreviewsPerth

Dreadful experience. Frustrating and a WASTE of time

I just wanted to open a new bank account.
The instructions you've sent are so confusing and make no sense.
I was told I needed to confirm my ID by logging into my online account. But I haven't received any login credentials......

You need to make your instructions CLEARER.
Your instructions need to MAKE SENSE.
Your instructions need to WORK.