St.George

St.George

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bella

Bella

App sucks

Each time I need internet banking its asking for full banking details, CAN number and all the other security details. The idea of an App is supposed to be a quick and secure way to login hence finger print. Do something about this St George. I have decided to close my account and leave St George. Wake up

KyelR

KyelRCentral Queensland, QLD

St George Home Loan

I have never been since George Bank until prior going through Jon Dendle Mortgage Choice Rockhampton.
I have already given at the time of the loan a very negative review of Aussie Home Loans Rockhampton.
St George have been very fairly priced.(my mortgage is $500 per month) and I have a convenience of being up to BPAY it.
I would recommend both St George as a learning institution and Jon Dendle, Mortgage Choice Rockhampton as the brokerage company.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Don't trust St GeorgeBank - MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with privacy tampering - thousand miscount ATM miscounts

Don't trust St GeorgeBank - MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with privacy tampering - thousand etc miscounts, ATM miscount - They just DO NOT CARE - they have billions so why would they care - don't trust them.......

Philip

PhilipIllawarra, NSW

So disappointed

TopicNew Account

Never again

I had a novated lease for 5 years. When I moved companies I started paying directly to St George. 3 years later, when I disposed of the car, I paid out the lease, but forgot to turn off auto bpay and overpaid a couple of payments. I started chasing a refund in April and although the phone team were lovely and apologetic, the back office team did not return my money until this week... 5 months later!!! It took a manager to force them to find the money in a suspense account and send it back. Good people on the phones, but terrible systems to allow it to be that hard. It would be a different story if my payment was 5 months late

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy bank practices

I closed my bank account with St George well over 2 years ago. I have had no card and no statements. 2-3 months ago I started receiving statements and then today I get a letter saying I owe over $104 in fees. What the hell? How is this possible. I will be ringing tomorrow and if no joy I WILL BE taking it to the banking ombudsman as this is corruption and unlawful practice

martin w.

martin w.Sydney, NSW

Salary transfers from work should be same day

My work transfers money via EFT every Wednesday morning before 9am, other banks clear funds the same day, not St.George have been informed it could take 3 days. Not good enough especially when you have direct debits to pay same day and rents

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Customer Service

I have been a customer of St George / Bank of Melbourne, but for no more.
To get a simple issue resolved takes days and days of constantly calling their customer support numbers and moved around from department to department. Forever put on hold and never speak to an actual person who can use logic and communication to resolve an issue.

Pathetic service from an organisation that makes millions and millions who can easily afford to employ real people.

Wetwork65

Wetwork65Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Works well and no fees

Use this Visa as an eftpos card so fees are zero.
Handy as a back up credit card when other card has system errors.
Must keep to savings bank balance or will impose fees.

Ren C

Ren CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

useless

I thought a give these guys a chance. How wrong was I. Poor communication, no customer service, no care. . Same issues as others with credit card. Credit card conditionally approved, provided requested info 4 time and it was only when I chase them up they said it was decline. They could or would not give me a reason over the phone and said I will receive a letter in one week. It now been 6 weeks and still waiting. Emailed head office re poor service and just got standard repy. They just don't care. Went to another provider and got credit card approved in 1 day and had the card within 1 week. Useless as a bank.

Benjamin N.

Benjamin N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Transfer from my St George to another account takes 2 business days in 2019

Takes two business days to send money from one St George account to another in 2019. This does not include weekends so if your money doesn't arrive by Friday you won't be seeing it before Monday...

Zed49

Zed49Sydney

Customer loyalty means ZERO

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Highest level of branch customer service of the '4 big banks'

Unfortunately my credit card was hacked 2 weeks ago by someone in England leaving me over $500 in debt. I attended the Hurstville Branch on my lunch break 15/8/19 and was attended to by a member of staff immediately. In my opinion, this staff member went above and beyond her duties to ensure that I could leave the branch knowing i would be fully reimbursed for the fraudulent activity, which took a massive weight off my shoulders. I have also received follow up correspondence from the branch and relevant online department to confirm the matter is progressing accordingly. Overall, I am very satisfied with the customer service on this occasion.

Anurag

AnuragQueensland

Very very very poor customer service Do not recommend this bank for any services

I applied a credit card over the phone and it was conditionally approved and I uploaded my payslips , I got the same emails upload your documents I did it again and again , few days later I call them and looking for June month payslips , so I did upload
Today I called again after three days and got refused...... crap customer service

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

New customer, applying for a new card. The call centre is the poorest i have ever dealt with in my life the call centre's education/training/common sense seem to be missing! Do not bother applying for credit/home loans with them the process is a complete nightmare !! Im glad they have shown this incompetency early into my application so that i can avoid banking with them in the future ! SHOCKED at how bad they are, avoid them and do your research before applying for anyone else !

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Poor customer service

I have been with St George for over thirty years, they are difficult to deal with and lack empathy for their customers. They refused a small increase on our credit card, due to (in their words) our inability to meet the re payments. This is in spite of our always meeting our payments.

Rambler 101

Rambler 101

St George CREDIT CARD APPLICATION REJECTED

Ernest M.

Ernest M.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service provider

I was able to take a 10k loan and repaid in 2 months, when I applied for another 10k, I was asked to provide documents after documents which I gladly provided as I understand its a standard process. It got delayed for more than 4 weeks and counting. Contacted the customer service, it was a regrettable 55mins phone call. I was finally told even if I cancel the loan that it will affect my credit history. I don't advice anyone to use this bank!!!! Planning on calling relevant authorities to really know if my credit history will be affected or not.

TopicLoan Application

Rey

ReyGold Coast

Not Yet Competent

Applied for a investment home loan. Got stuffed around for two weeks. I got told I couldn't service the loan and I would need to increase my deposit from 10% to about 15-20%. Other banks including NAB and CBA have indicated I could borrow the amount no problems. Not sure what St George was on about. I don't recommend using this bank. They are NOT YET COMPETENT.

TopicLoan Application

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again - I don't even want to rate this bank 1 is being far to generous

Worst bank we have ever been with - charging us admin fees for over 3 years - then realized the mistake and credited us back on the daily basis!! Then charged us fee & charges on our residential loan account we paid out – was supposed to close the account did they nope. Do not bank St George – oh yes then forgot the bit where they actually mixed us up with another customer with the same surname !!!

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Salim Han

Salim Hanasked

Hi there I try transfer money to commonwealth bank why there is zero in begginng of account number?

ben dover
ben dover

ask the bank i dont why you would be asking here for

fred f
fred f

Why would you be begging?

Sharon

Sharonasked

Ive lost my debit card & put a block on it myself using the app. Now im reporting it on the app to the bank that ive lost it. If they put a block on it can i still access it by using cardless cash?

tony
tony

The logical thing to do to get the correct answer is to ask the bank

jkl
jkl

have you thought about contacting the bank

Gary Ritchie

Gary Ritchieasked

I paid out a home loan around 15 years ago. At the time St George said that it would be safer to keep our deeds with them. I have also had a Portfolio account with them for over a decade (they say 11 years, my recall is more like over 20 years) which I have no intention of ever using. On many occassions I have attempted to close this account saying that I have no need for it. I have constantly been told that I can not close the account as it is linked to the original home loan and that I would have to pay a fee of several hundred dollars to release the mortgage. I have been charged account fees every month and I feel that they had manipulated me into this for their own means. Years later and still forced to pay fees for something that I will never use.

Gary Ritchie