Online, Branches

David J.

David J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Same Old, Same Old!

It's been awhile since I've dealt with St George. But my experience brought flooding back all those previous poor interactions. They issue a new credit card (they are updating their products but no thought of how it helps the customer!) But of course a repayment has gone missing between my old and new card. Customer Service Officer, curt, efficient, and of course they couldn't wait to get off the call, and ended it abruptly! No wonder they don't ask you to wait to complete an online survey of the experience!

vincent gilbert

vincent gilbertSydney, NSW

Babbling Baffoons

Brendan

BrendanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just don’t bank here

I have had countless online and phone issues with this bank, communication is poor at best, no updates, no notifications, do yourself a favour and change banks. Customer service is extremely poor.

William J.

William J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst online banking ever

Worst online banking experience I've ever had. I can never login in, when I reset password and security number and then try to login, it doesn't recognise new passwords etc...
What should take 2 min to retrieve a statement takes me hours every time I try, I hate the online experience with St George to the point it gives me anxiety!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions
Nelly

NellySydney, NSW

Terrible service

I’ve had the worst possible experiences with this bank. Their support services are terrible, and they’re very unhelpful and frustrating. Takes hour and hours of effort to solve a simple 2 minute issue. Every time you call them, they somehow don’t verify the questions and tell you to go to a branch. I would NOT recommend this bank at all.

Kris

KrisCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Worst online banking and telephone experience

On hold for hours.
Regularly difficult to log in online and retrieve information.
Poor customer service.
Continually repeat questions and robotic pre recorded messages when trying to use phone banking.

Absolute joke of a business.

karlie

karlieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not loyal to customers and couldn’t be bothered helping you

Had a car loan with this company for five years, never missed a payment. When to apply for another (smaller amount) but due to having missed one credit card payment in 2019 (unknown to myself) they wouldn’t help. Ended up going with another bank no problems. Don’t waste your credit enquires on this company.

Linda G.

Linda G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't choose this Bank.....

I suggest if you want to choose a Bank for refinancing, don't go with St.George Bank. It's taken them over 4 months (and still counting) to go from 'Conditional Loan Approval' to 'Final Approval'....
Absolutely pathetic !! They're processes are ridiculously slow and they are so unknowledgeable about their own procedures that my Broker has even had to correct them.... Disgusting service.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Owner Builder Loan

Was informed St George will finance Owner builder Loans . The application has now been with them for 10 months , they continually request more and more of the same information we paid for and promptly provided . We tick all the boxes required for approval yet they just ask for the same information provided to them time and time again and will not make a decision on approving the credit . Their complaints email is incorrect -obviously gets inundated . They have cost us tens of thousands in lost government grants cancelled tradesman and ongoing rent and still no closer to an outcome 11 months on . Disgraceful Westpac

Watcher

WatcherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over 2 hours on hold including one call time-ou

I had been a long term customer with St George including for banking, mortgage and insurance. I dropped the banking and mortgage with them because of difficulty getting satisfactory real person contact. That has left me with home and contents insurance which I am to cancelling today and which can only be done by ringing the St George general number. I have been on hold for 2 hours, including 1 call time out. I attempted to get call back but that again just resulted in interminable on-hold music. When I finally got through to the agent, he was helpful and efficient, but there is no way that I'll ever give St George my custom again.

No better then them

No better then themRichmond-Tweed, NSW

False Service and Fraud Guarantee Policy

For a decade now I have always remained loyal to this bank, every account including mortgage held within. AND NOW, following aviation despair and drawing on much needed superannuation to maintain a single parents role, my account is hacked and what appears to be used as a money laundering medium. The fraud teams response - not our problem, its yours.
Apparently $35,000 in transactions in a 3 hour period is deemed authentic from a single parent on jobkeeper and govt support payments.
Claim for support rejected, customer service support rejected, HOWEVER 4 weeks on my everyday accounts remain locked, EXCEPT 1, the account that attracts 13.5% interest.
Fraud Guarantee policy false, customer service guarantee false.

#acurrentaffair #ninenews

Terry

Terry

Monkeys could assess an application better

Applied online a week ago for a no annual fee card. Was conditionally approved for $3,300 subject to providing payslips. Then I'm told go into a branch with ID as we have a duplicate profile for you. I do this then told no record of me going to the branch. I escalate to customer relations who only operate over email and they fix this. Then I'm told the card can only have a $1000 limit. No one can tell me why. My payslips match my application so I'm baffled. I've spent hours trying to get this card over the line. Worst customer experience ever!

Nims2011

Nims2011Sydney, NSW

Dont bother with their fraud dispute process - it doesn't work

My mother recently had an unrecognized transaction on her debit card from the UK. I checked her email as she did not know why she had the charge. There was no record of any order from the company.

We reported it to St George, and they opened a dispute. Some time later, there was an automated email asking for details of the transaction with the trader. She replied that there was none, and so we had no documents to give. I was there when she sent it.

Today, she receives an email saying the dispute has been closed as she did not provide any documents.

She has a substantial deposit with St George which is just about to disappear.

Sunny T.

Sunny T.Perth, WA

If i can give 0 star i would

Their application process is tedious and stupid. Very thi g is slow and would refer you to call three times with everytime confirming you detail but not able to help.

TopicCredit Card Application

Lack of Customer Service

I have experienced these with more than 1 person in St George, and all of them managed to disappoint me in some ways. All of them I speak to only focuses on getting you to become their customer, but not willing to help you out after you signed up. Lack of communication and professionalism to say the least. Trying to get in touch with them would be like immense work. Try giving them a call, left a few messages, but no one gets back to you.

MSP

MSP

The customer service people online are very helpful and polite. Have called many times, everyone I have been on phone are extremely nice. They have really good people's skill. Happy customer.

Tina

TinaBrisbane

They are expensive

I've got two loans, ING for my residential and St George for my investment. When compared to ING, I just wanted to get rid of St George.
Two things:
ING variable rate went down quite in line with the market interest rate, St George doesn't go down as quickly or heavily as ING.
When my ING fixed loan changed to the variable after the fixed term, ING stopped charging me the annual fees. But with St George, they keep charging me annual fees even my loan with them has gone variable.

Sandra M.

Sandra M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Service Zero

After many weeks of trying to change my deceased husbands credit card into my name I was hung up on by the complaints dept when I complained bitterly about their lack of communication to me . My term deposit matures in May will be withdrawn and super and sale of my house. Goodbye St George loyalty means nothing to them

Lowana

LowanaCentral Queensland, QLD

Autofinance

have had my car auto financed through st George in 2017 and asked to recieve a bank statement mid last year and found out my account had been in arrears by 1 week since my finance started as they took out on the wrong commencement date. made payment that day and advised them i was annoyed that no one contacted me to advise me of this. Also received another bank statement today to find out i am .02 cents in arrears as an arrears charge. so i have now been in arrears again since i made my payment mid last year.. stated i was furious about this and was informed no one contacts you to advise you of this. Asked them to note to contact if happens in near future which i got a response that they cant do that! what a joke. Will not recommend.

Corby

CorbyNorth Queensland, QLD

If I could give them no stars I would.

Application process is very confusing.
I was never contacted by the bank throughout the process, I had to contact them every time.
Credit application was declined with no clear explanation why.
I will never use this bank again.

Amanda M

Amanda Masked

St. George

Anyone know how long it takes st george to approve a home loan. It's been 2 months now.

blackorchid
blackorchid

I'm trying to increase my current home loan - am also at the 8 week mark with no approval yet. Really considering taking the entire home loan plus bank account and credit card to another bank.

Lee
Lee

The initial application seems to be quick. Everyone's circumstances are different of course. If I had known that an application started months go would take 4 months to settle, I would have withdrawn application. I could have asked current lender to review circumstances and negotiated top up loan. I don't know why it is taking so long but it has impacted in terms of causing uncertainty and worry for me. I have been reading the reviews to try and find answers myself. It is perplexing and the feedback I would give all banks is to simply keep customers informed and be open in terms of telling them how long the process could take. The uncertainty is an awful feeling and isolates customers. And then they go on product review seeking answers. I was so excited to change banks but that gloss has worn off. I am sure it will be reignited once it falls into place but if I ever apply for loans again, I will ask more questions around time frames.

Star L.

Star L.asked

St. George

Is there anyone I can contact to independently look at my account and the handling of Bank of Melbourne refusing to refund my account

Chrisalan
Chrisalan

info@afca.org.au

They may help, maybe a toothless tiger. I had to use them.

Charles_Galea

Charles_Galeaasked

St. George

St George would not bother to have a rep on this site.
They couldn't care less.