St.George

St.George

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SMc

SMcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away - You have been warned!

kk_yau

kk_yauSydney, NSW

Extremely Bad Home Loan Service at Chatswood Branch

Extremely bad service from the Chinese Lady in home loan department at Chatswood Branch and she caused me $4000+ extra for delay my property settlement just because she didn't check the settlement date. Also approved the loan in 6 months ago and even 3 months ago still say all good but end up loan not approved on the day of settlement. Went to CBA and they approved my loan in 10 days. Lodged a complaint to St George but they said it can takes 180 days. Don't think they will care anyway. I will not do any business with St George for my rest of my life.

TopicLoan Application
Dave

DavePeel, WA

stop on card/ suspected fraud transaction

I forgot my pin number at an ATM. It was blocked after four tries...that is how it should be...but for the rest of the day...and about 2 hours navigating the phone prompts and waiting for customer service , I was misdirected twice and when I finally got through to the appropriate department they emailed me a new security number and password to access my online banking and told me my card was reactivated.....it did not work!!....16+ years with the bank as "gold card " customers...we will now travel to Perth branch(90 kms away)....now our closest bank....and close our accounts and switch banks.

Mahesh Mididoddi

Mahesh MididoddiGungahlin 2914, ACT

STG Sub standard Customer service

I have been with Stgeorge 17 years. Initially we had good experience before merged with westpac.
Lately experienced issues with customer service(Still ongoing)....call centers be prepared to wait for hours together.....no one cares(customer service staff trying to help but their internal process is broken) to respond/acknowledge request.

Absolutely awful to deal with.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Julie C

Julie CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shocking service, people nice processes very poor

Been with the bank 25 yrs and found them difficult to work with in the last few years. Spent over two hours on the phone over three attempts to close accounts ( clearly dont want you to leave) profits before service.

Anthony O.

Anthony O.Sydney, NSW

Winner Worlds Worst Bank

happyCustomer

happyCustomerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not true to their word

I have recently been a victim of fraud to my Mastercard. St George Fraud team were less than transparent over the phone. The issue is partly resolved but a very unpleasant experience.

Terrible Customer service!

Have been with them for over 20 years, yet they have the most uncaring customer service call ctre.. I was locked out of my internet/phone banking, made 4 calls each time I was cut off when they tried sending me a code to my phone!! In the end I had to visit a St George branch as they could not get it right & resolve my issue over the phone. USELESS!!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Go to another greedy bank

Been with the bank for over 10 years, in the beginning it was fine you could go to a branch and speak to a real person, you used to get customer service now they have closed all the branches in W.A., when called how to make a cash deposit, they say use a ATM?, What stand in front of a ATM and try and deposit $10,000 in cash?, yeah, real bright St George, I can see no reason for me to pay fees on a account that provides NILL service.
Im done with St George, and I wont be going with the company that owns you either, Westpac, as It is the one making decisions to close branches.
Very poor form for a bank.

Mozaffar

MozaffarBrisbane

Terrible customer service

My st George credit card is expired.
Although the card subscription fee has been charged, they never replaced the card automatically.
I called them and they said you will receive it in 2 days- never happened
Called them again and they said you will receive it it 5 days - never happened
Complained through internet, someone called me saying "apologies... I make sure you have it in 3 days"- never received the card!
Really do not know any other way to follow up.

Brad S.

Brad S.Peel, WA

Rude services

Dont waste your time with these muppets. Gave them ago twice, pathetic services with applications, knocked me back on a cc because they closed their branch in my city and wanted me to drive to another city to show my license ??? As a new customer but now they know everything about me ???

Rebecca. M

Rebecca. M

They refuse to remove a mark off my credit rating

I have opened a dispute with at George as I dont even bank with them, but I made a credit card enquire and now I noticed they put a mark on my name on my credit rating. One guy said it cant be removed and them I spoke to Rita and she said it can be but she wont do it. She was arrogant and I want everyone to know not to trust or bank with them. Thanks

Honest purchaser

Honest purchaserIllawarra, NSW

Poor service...again

Bank with St.George for over 40 years. Service at branch in Nowra is shocking. In the last month i have needed to go into the branch. I'm all for face to face service.
However, both times 1 person serving and the queue....8 and 10 long. We pay for this service. Appalling St.George. Would be lovely to see the customer come first and no it was not lunch time.

John G.

John G.South East Queensland, QLD

Waited over one hour to talk to an opertaor but after another 30 minitues I gave up. Is that a way to treat customers?

Its not right to treat customers the way St George treats customers on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland. Waited for 90 minutes on the phone till I gave up is that the way to treat your valued customers or should I go to Bendigo Bank which offers more branches

Bella

Bella

App sucks

Each time I need internet banking its asking for full banking details, CAN number and all the other security details. The idea of an App is supposed to be a quick and secure way to login hence finger print. Do something about this St George. I have decided to close my account and leave St George. Wake up

KyelR

KyelRCentral Queensland, QLD

St George Home Loan

I have never been since George Bank until prior going through Jon Dendle Mortgage Choice Rockhampton.
I have already given at the time of the loan a very negative review of Aussie Home Loans Rockhampton.
St George have been very fairly priced.(my mortgage is $500 per month) and I have a convenience of being up to BPAY it.
I would recommend both St George as a learning institution and Jon Dendle, Mortgage Choice Rockhampton as the brokerage company.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Don't trust St GeorgeBank - MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with privacy tampering - thousand miscount ATM miscounts

Don't trust St GeorgeBank - MULTIPLE PROBLEMS with privacy tampering - thousand etc miscounts, ATM miscount - They just DO NOT CARE - they have billions so why would they care - don't trust them.......

Philip

PhilipIllawarra, NSW

So disappointed

TopicNew Account

Never again

I had a novated lease for 5 years. When I moved companies I started paying directly to St George. 3 years later, when I disposed of the car, I paid out the lease, but forgot to turn off auto bpay and overpaid a couple of payments. I started chasing a refund in April and although the phone team were lovely and apologetic, the back office team did not return my money until this week... 5 months later!!! It took a manager to force them to find the money in a suspense account and send it back. Good people on the phones, but terrible systems to allow it to be that hard. It would be a different story if my payment was 5 months late

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy bank practices

I closed my bank account with St George well over 2 years ago. I have had no card and no statements. 2-3 months ago I started receiving statements and then today I get a letter saying I owe over $104 in fees. What the hell? How is this possible. I will be ringing tomorrow and if no joy I WILL BE taking it to the banking ombudsman as this is corruption and unlawful practice