St.George Bank Home Loans

St.George Bank Home Loans

Simon

SimonSouth West, WA

Already have mortgage with St George but going to another bank

After 14 years never missed a payment. Great financial situation
Refinancing refused for daft reason
Makes no sense
I give up
$950,000 loan going to another bank as I cannot get help with St George

Rubbish built on crap

yvonne-vale

yvonne-valeAU

Cash back offer is a scam

St George is trying to attract new customers with a $4000 cash back offer.
Don’t fall for it.
I was told by my St George lender that I would receive a cash back by the end of November last year following my new loan settling in September. I’m still waiting....and the original lender is suddenly off the radar,,,,not bothering to answer emails or phone calls.
NOTHING BUT A SCAM
SHAME ON YOU ST GEORGE. I’ve been a loyal customer for over 30 years and am now looking at taking my business elsewhere

Chris

Chris

Don't Bother, Wasted Over 3 Months & Got No Where!

Application Process

Delays, delays and more delays. Communication? Forget it. Customer service? Directs you back to the problem.

Adam

AdamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pre-Apptoval

Worst bank ever would give negative if I could.
Over 5 weeks to acquire pre-approval.
Then told the system that generates the required letter is offline and not working. Still nothing confirmed.
This has to be the most useless lender around. Always being told the banks are powerful they dictate who does and doesn’t borrow money be kind and favourable to the banks. No transparency no honesty. Oh that’s right it’s a bank.
Worst experience ever. They need investigating.

vaneschka

vaneschkaFar North Queensland, QLD

one start only because can have negitive stars

I found St George to be very dishonest and charge happy. the initial application was very easy very low interest and signed up in less than a few minutes. Weeks after the contract was completed, St George attempted to add new terms into the existing contract.

I would not recommend St George to my worst enemy, they are very dishonest and lie constantly about everything... I was lucky as I reduce everything in writing and record all phone calls due to the work I do.

I was able to get all the extras charges back, however, the time I spent dealing with this bank I will never get back. Be very careful with St George bank, very predatory and dishonest bank to deal with

ali

aliPerth, WA

don't trust the broker or bank they lie

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Bad for loyal customers

The service and processing time to set up our home loan was fantastic and fast. We took the basic home loan and were told it would always be their base level home loan rate for variable products. Now they are offering NEW customers $4K to come to them and they offer the same product with a "special" 0.20 discount. They use their home loan contract to offer different discounts to different customers, so a basic home loan as advertised on their web site is not the same for each customer. The best part is we are not leaving them for a competitor and getting a rate 0.50% below their NEW basic home loan rate so we will be $3240.00 per year better off, after they paid us $4K to come to them only a year ago. Strange business model.

Charles_Galea

Charles_GaleaSydney, NSW

Sure to win worst bank award.

Have been with these dragons for 48 years.
Mortgages,loans, never late or missed a payment.
They are telling me that my current mortgage rate of 3.85% is the best they have.
They have to be in the running for the worst banking experience one could encounter.
Avoid these thieves.
Curse them.

Ryan P.

Ryan P.Sydney, NSW

Quick turnaround and settlement time at a good rate

After having to deal with the awful company that is Ubank, my wife & I were very stressed about organising the finance for a house that we were very excited about and had put in an offer in for. We decided to try St George who we had previously obtained a pre-approval from at their Greystanes branch.

Margaret was the consummate professional from start to finish and was able to easily accommodate our tight deadline. We are able to provide proof of finance to the real estate agent in time and also settle on the date. Would highly recommend.

Josey

Josey

still waiting

refinanced with St George, with the offer of $2000 cash back when all completed, this was supposed to be paid back 6 weeks after settlement, now over 12 weeks after settlement , numerous emails , phone calls, even to the Manager, did get reply's but no answers , and still waiting for our cash back. Not good enough St George

Joel M

Joel MSydney, NSW

Terrible wish we never joined them

We started a remortgage application in February with the bribe of cash back (our mistake). We where advised the allocation would take a few weeks due to high demand.
We are now in June and the lone has not yet been settled.
We are currently on a high rate and could have dropped 2% if we had remained with current lender ( only slightly more then St George).
This would have saved us approximately $500 per month over the last four months that’s $2000
Feeling totally let down by St George Bank and thereVery slow, poor service.

JohnSydney, NSW

Big warning to st george and other bank customers

John

I forgot to mention. This was fraud by staff working at the bank. This money was not taken by anyone hacking in to my account from outside.

dan801

dan801Queensland

Paid of my home loan in full but bank refusing to release title.

We paid out our home loan out in full finally yet the bank is refusing to release the title for unknown reasons. Claiming there is no one to do it because of COVId-19. This has been going on since February over 2 months. We are trying to sell the house and they refuse the engage with us or even talk to us. I’ve lodged a formal complaint and they are yet to respond after 45days. Tried the ombudsman and they simply stated that the bank didn’t respond. Their call centre operators barely speak any English and read of a script.

PJ W

PJ WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lied to Multiple Times and Still No Answer

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

St George have been the worst experience I have ever had with a Bank, it has taken many months for them to do a home loan application taking weeks between asking for different information receiving this than making calculation errors and asking again.
they rejected a government employer letter 5 times not liking the wording.
St George have proven to be the most incompetent group I have ever seen, we wasted many months not wanting an additional hit on our file, I will never deal with this group again.

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

St George used to be a good company

Sady

SadySydney, NSW

Mount Druitt branch Manager is joker

Had few issues with home loan and I approached Mount Druitt branch. I was advised to send email to Branch Manager and his business card was provided. I sent numerous emails to him but he never responded.

Such a great display of service. Stay away from your dealings with St Geoege. Save yourself time and find a bank who actually gives some service.

Siann Hobby

Siann Hobby

Mark Coates at Capalaba is a true professional who goes above and beyond for his customers!

Mark Coates is such an asset, he really did go above and beyond for us in securing our beautiful family home - for that we will be forever grateful!

If you are shopping around for a mortgage, I can't recommend Mark Coates at Capalaba highly enough he is an absolute delight to deal with.

Charles_Galea

Charles_Galeaasked

Is there anyone out there that wishes to request Product Review to facilitate the awarding of negative star rating for companies like stgeorge bank. They truly deserve it.

Kellie L.

Kellie L.asked

I am an existing home loan customer, we have 16 years left on our mortgage, however am I able to extend the years on my mortgage allowing the repayments to come down a little a month?

MrsB

MrsBasked

Going for a home loan & partner has 1x judgement from 2yrs ago. Have 20% deposit with a guarantor & when I sell my home. Will this be approved?

explorer2203
explorer2203

If you are obtaining the home loan in joint names or your partner is a borrower in any capacity then the answer is no - if the Judgment has not been satisfied. Every lender has different lending criteria so it is up to each lender. However, I have yet to see finance approved where a Judgment remains unpaid. If the Judgment has been paid, it will still be on the credit file. There is no mechanism between the courts and creditor to update Judgment debts. This is simply due to the fact that the court is only involved when there is an additional "step" in the process such as enforcement. To resolve this your partner needs to obtain evidence from the financier that obtained the Judgment that it has been paid in full. A letter from the financier is usually sufficient. Good luck!