St.George Bank Home Loans

St.George Bank Home Loans

Brand Manager for St.George Bank Home Loans? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

If I could give zero stars I would

Bad experience

St George messed us around for 3 weeks with still no answer and almost lost the house. Went to Commonwealth, had a pre-approval before we left the bank and unconditional the NEXT DAY. Won't touch St George again.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Heidi
HeidiHunter Region, NSW

Stay Away

2 months later, still waiting on a home loan approval. Missed out on properties that we wanted. Just no correspondence at all. Just a simple yes or no answer. But instead wait a few weeks, then want more documents. Just ridiculous

Natasha D.
Natasha D.Sydney, NSW

Worse mistake ever going with St George for a construction loan.

Ananda
AnandaVictoria

Apply if U have 4-5 months in hand.

Timelines and delays will make one miserable most of the comments here about months and months of waiting due to senior credit team are correct.my advise would be to proceed with application only if U have 4-5 months of time.may be they are heavily under resourced specially credit team

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
MosenMelbourne

Loan approval in 24-48 hours? Dream on!

Can't be the worst!!!!

I lodged an online application 6 weeks ago. Supposed to receive a call in 3 days, nothing happened.
I called customer service 3 times, and they assured me that they are going to ask someone to call me back, and still nothing.
I gave up and going with another lender.

mel
mel

Home loan refinancing with good communication

Got a home refinance loan with cash back with good service and communication at local branch. They did take some time to process application but communication was always clear and available. Very happy with loan service.

Santhosh V.
Santhosh V.

Excellent service

Got a home loan at 1.74 APR from St George along with Cash back of 4k. Additionally they even sent a welcome gift to my home. Can not ask for more.

Johnny W.
Johnny W.Sydney, NSW

DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. Incompetent. Slow. Mistake Ridden. Amateur. Not fit for purpose.

Tran M.
Tran M.Sydney, NSW

avoid all cost

Many contacts with no answer. Put in a home loan app in early Feb and wait forever, no answer until today end of Mar. They are the worst banks in Australia

Shariell M.
Shariell M.Perth, WA

ABSOLUTELY USELESS

Applying for home loan since late January.
It is now late march and two weeks past finance date, still no finslisation.
My side of the finances are all fine.
Most horrible experance ever.
Keep getting led on next wednesday, then on wednesday next friday.
Unfortunately i did not go elsewhere mid February when i realised there was something wrong with their processing. I gave them the benifit of the doubt but keept getting led on.
Now im in a situation late march where im losing my pre approved loan, and the house i was to make a home.
Most upsetting process ever

yvonne-vale
yvonne-valeAU

Beware of the Cash back offer

I’m sorry I refinanced with st George. Tempted by a cash back offer of $3000 that was meant to cover break costs. I was told the cash back would come through in November 2020. It’s March 2021 and I’m still waiting. The original loan manager hadn’t returned any of my emails, texts or phone calls. Feel very let down after having banked with them for decades and am planning on closing all my accounts

Simon
SimonSouth West, WA

Already have mortgage with St George but going to another bank

After 14 years never missed a payment. Great financial situation
Refinancing refused for daft reason
Makes no sense

Rubbish built on crap

Read more reviews - page 2

Charles_Galea
Charles_Galeaasked

Is there anyone out there that wishes to request Product Review to facilitate the awarding of negative star rating for companies like stgeorge bank. They truly deserve it.

Kellie L.
Kellie L.asked

I am an existing home loan customer, we have 16 years left on our mortgage, however am I able to extend the years on my mortgage allowing the repayments to come down a little a month?

MrsB
MrsBasked

Going for a home loan & partner has 1x judgement from 2yrs ago. Have 20% deposit with a guarantor & when I sell my home. Will this be approved?

explorer2203
explorer2203

If you are obtaining the home loan in joint names or your partner is a borrower in any capacity then the answer is no - if the Judgment has not been satisfied. Every lender has different lending criteria so it is up to each lender. However, I have yet to see finance approved where a Judgment remains unpaid. If the Judgment has been paid, it will still be on the credit file. There is no mechanism between the courts and creditor to update Judgment debts. This is simply due to the fact that the court is only involved when there is an additional "step" in the process such as enforcement. To resolve this your partner needs to obtain evidence from the financier that obtained the Judgment that it has been paid in full. A letter from the financier is usually sufficient. Good luck!