StarTrack
1.3 from 3,513 reviews

Overnight Service Rubbish

You pay $135 for overnight delivery for Air Bags, yes it will definitely be there. Well there is a big difference between what normal people consider overnight delivery and Startracks version . Yes the goods arrived at the sorting centre in Darwin the next day as they were suppose to, except their plane got in a few hours late so we are not delivering today because we like to do deliveries in the morning not in the afternoon and the trucks went out without your items so we will deliver them the next day. Somehow they like to make their problems your problems and they don't care, they advised that you can come and pick them up if we wanted to! We paid them to deliver, not a pick up. Forget customer service there is none

Sender or ReceiverSender

Absolutely hopeless

On 4 occasions my sender has used them. All 4 times the parcel was misdirected and arrived at least 1 week after the promised date. Avoid them like the plague and use someone else.

And don't bother contacting their customer service, the parcel could be on Mars for all they know. They will tell you to contact the sender. I did and the sender just laughed. People entrust this mob with goods and pay for a non-service. Unbelievable.

Terrible

Package dropped at an Aust Post depot. Called StarTrack who explained the reason why it wasn’t delivered was because there was no one home. This was impossible because we were home all day that day with a newborn baby. The customer service was terrible, no apology, no offer to have it redelivered. Was told I’d have to go pick it up myself or call the sender to authorise a redelivery. We don’t know who the package is from so not sure how we are meant to do the latter. Terrible experience and will keep in mind the next time I need a courier, unfortunately a company that doesn’t need to rely on customer service for repeat business.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi, Ted here. Some of our clients don't allow us to redeliver except that their specific (written) direction, so it's entirely possible that our representative would have advised you as you've said. If you've got your parcel's consignment number handy, I'd be happy to look into the specifics of this missed delivery for you.67BZ00014544 How do I request written direction from the sender when I don’t know who sent it?

This is disgraceful... I pay for express delivery and these halfwits don’t even bother ringing the doorbell!

I’ve got a $500 item and I needed it for a specific date, but these halfwits didn’t even ring the doorbell or anything their system is absolutely disgusting!!!!! I payed for express delivery and this is what I get... Would not recommend to anyone!!! Their services are extremely bad!!! I would give negative stars if I could...

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Sal, Ted here. Have you got your parcel's consignment number handy?

Tracking web page isn't that helpful

OK, so the tracking web page says my item was delivered.
But now, it was really dropped off at a post office.
All the tracking page has is an abbreviation of ABO, which is
presumably some abbreviation for the post office, but how am I supposed to know that or even
which one.
So then I have to ring Star Track to get them to interpret their tracking page. How useless is that?
It seems the tracking page is really meant for Star Track to be talking to themselves and not their customers.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionYes
Hi Kim, I'd need your parcel's consignment number to confirm (and to look into that parcel's location for you), but I suspect the tracking page says "APO," which yes would stand for Australia Post Office. Again if you've got your parcel's consignment number handy, I'd be happy to look into its whereabouts for you. -Ted

The worst courier company I have ever encountered. If I could give minus stars I would.

They left me a sorry I missed you card with an incorrect consignment number saying the parcel had been returned to the depot or Mascot Post Office I couldn’t tell from the scribble and without telling me which depot or what time they are open. Nothing on their website or after hours number answered my questions. No option to redirect to a post office on their website. After going first to Mascot then to Strawberry Hills post offices trying find my parcel I still don’t have it and no-one can help. That’s my Saturday morning. If I could leave minus stars I would.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Penelope, Ted here. I'm sorry to hear that your delivery has turned into such a hassle. Have you got this parcel's consignment number handy?Thanks Ted but I have already arranged for my parcel to be sent to my work address. Not sure how I am going to get it home from there because it weighs 12 kg. But apparently it's impossible to have it sent to a post office so that was the only option available to me.

Haven’t had a great experience

Not sure where my order is but I am still waiting to hear back from the company. Hopefully it will be delivered soon by star track delivery. I am just waiting for an email

Delivery TimeLate
Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Katieelle, If you've got this parcel's consignment number handy, I can look in on its status for you. -Ted

Apparent missed delivery.

I had a missed delivery card left at my door on a Friday afternoon for a parcel which was specified to be left at the front door. This parcel was urgently needed for this Sunday and now I apparently wasted money on something I will not have. I googled for reviews because my neighbour claims the delivery guy did not have any parcel when he walked up to the door and saw him walking with a card and leaving it there.
What is the point of giving a delivery date when the parcel will not be there that day! We have now wasted money on something which will not be needed after Sunday because there is no was of organising delivery or pick up before Monday. This is a ridiculous service to clients in today’s day and age. I’m investing in a doorbell camera next Before I choose to use them.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi, Ted here. I'm sorry to hear that our driver missed you. If you've got your parcel's consignment number handy, I'd be happy to look in on its current status for you.

No Respect for the Customer

Google sent a replacement phone which I needed for work via StarTrack Premium. The delivery address is a unit with a reception in the foyer. I know for a fact the driver did not attempt delivery. He did not call. He just left his stupid card in the letterbox. This was at 11:30 on a Friday and now I will have to pick up from the LPO on Monday. Three days later !!

How is this acceptable?

Startrack aka Starshit should not be trusted with any delivery.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Jeremy, I'm sorry to hear that our driver missed you. StarTrack doesn't issue company mobile phones to its drivers. As you can likely imagine, this is to discourage their unsafe/illegal use while driving. The downside however, is that we aren't able to guarantee a call upon their arrival. Apologies of course for any inconvenience. -TedHi Ted, This is weak. Handsfree has been around for 10+ years. Wouldn't be surprised if you deliver by horse and cart. All the best. Ta.

Delivery held

My delivery should have been delivered by 19th of March. But it shows unsuccessful delivery on 19th and held till today 22nd March. I am going to change house in two days. I tried to mail them but they just replied saying will investigate what does that mean. They are saying address is wrong like I get all of my delivery on same address and they are never late .

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Desh, Ted here. It may be that your parcel was incorrectly addressed. If you've got its consignment number handy, I can look in on the investigation's progress for you.

How are you not be able to find a 'tracked' item?

Item sent express overnight delivery Canberra to Perth. At Canberra depot am Mon 18th... Tue arvo I call tracking service and get the automated "your item status is… on its way"... Hmm, I think I already knew that! But it did tell me the last known location was Sydney... Ok, maybe Canberra stuff needs to go via Sydney. but from there, 3 days later, StarTrack has no idea where the item is. This is not the first time this has happened, and I wouldn't be surprised if this item ends up the same as the last item of ours they lost - it ended up on a truck to Perth (so we paid for express overnight and it ended up on a truck taking in excess of a week). Sorry StarTrack, my experience... your service is terrible! No contact needed as a case number already allocated.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Stew, Ted here. If you've got that case number handy, I'd be happy to look in on its progress for you.

Awful Service

Do not bother calling Startrack, because if you ring them they'll try and transfer you as quickly as possible to an automated service that doesn't work.

Finally got to speak to someone that didn't transfer me straight away and she offered 0(zero) help.

I had selected leave at a address but was told by startrack that it wasn't possible and that it was up to me to communicate with both startrack and the sender to organise my own delivery.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionNo
Hi Kane, I'd need you parcel's consignment number to confirm, but it's likely that you were advised correctly. Some of our clients require a signature upon delivery. In such cases, we are contractually obligated to comply. Again, I'd need your parcel's consignment number to confirm. In any case, apologies for any inconvenience. -Ted

'consignment has been successfully delivered'

Hi, I see at the bottom of the page it states successfully delivered but I've not received the parcel can you please check this for me?? J2086297 thank you v much.

Sender or ReceiverReceiver
Hi Lauren, This parcel does scan as having been delivered, but less than ten minutes ago. Have you still not received it or was your parcel delivered after this post? -TedGot it

Worst Delivery Attempt - Disappointed

I opted for a same day delivery on (18/03/2019) for a very important office work. The delivery person had called my mobile number which I couldn't attend or respond immediately. Later when I called the number back it didn't go through, as well the parcel was marked as Attempted Delivery Receiver Unavailable. Why didn't the delivery person made an attempt to deliver at the physical address at least by ringing the bell. The delivery person should have marked it as "Attempted Delivery Receiver Unavailable" only if no one responded at the physical address. Ref. SO01149074 (Job. 826995). Please advice if you are trying to delivery the parcel to the mobile number or to the physical address.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Ramesh, Ted here. This parcel isn't traveling with us. StarTrack Courier is a separate entity from StarTrack and an Australia Post service. As such, it's best to query this with them directly. I'll put their URL below. www.startrackcourier.com.au/

Terrible service from Traralgon depot

I ordered two items over two days. The first came from Perth (51GZ00084467), was picked up promptly on Wednesday afternoon and delivered to Traralgon overnight, in time to be loaded onto a truck for delivery on Thursday. I was quite impressed at how quickly it made it across the country!
The driver never delivered it. I called on Friday morning (because I'd read that StarTrack can deliver up to 6pm, and when it got past 6 their customer service line is closed) and was assured it would be given highest priority because the driver had run out of time the day before. In the mean time, another item I'd ordered had been picked up from Frankston on Thursday afternoon and was at Traralgon on Friday (A3HZ00101090). Both items were loaded and marked as onboard for delivery on Friday morning.
Halfway through Friday there was still no delivery, so I called again. I was assured the deliveries would be prioritised, and was asked to call them back if for some reason there was no delivery by 5pm. At 5.05 I called them, and complaints cases were opened. The soonest I could now hope for my deliveries was Monday.
I figured that the two complaints cases would be enough to get me my items on Monday (the day I'm writing this), but by 4.30 they still hadn't shown up. I called again, was told that a memo would go through to the delivery centre to ensure both packages were delivered today. I was also informed that the complaint case for my second delivery had been closed, so a new one was opened.
It's 8.45pm and I very much doubt my delivery is coming. Traralgon is just over an hour away from my house... My first parcel crossed the whole country overnight, but has taken 3 business days (and counting) to travel 100km to my house. As for the one from Frankston, I should have just gone and picked it up myself!

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Carolyn, I'm sorry to hear that these deliveries have become such a hassle. I've had a look into the system and your cases' investigator has prioritised them both. Your parcels are out for delivery today so you should be seeing them before close of business. Apologies of course for the delay and any inconvenience caused thereby. -TedAs of 5.55pm I received one of my packages, but the one from Perth (51GZ00084467) has still not turned up... Apparently there were three trucks in my town but no one managed to put both my parcels on the same one!

Didn't even attempt to try

Was waiting all day at home for a parcel that was due Friday, Monday rolls around and waited once again, in my home, all day only to recieve a slip because apparently no one was home.. I now have to try to find time in my short lunch break to drive to the depot and pick up my already late parcel. I pay for delivery TO MY HOUSE for a reason

Delivery TimeLate
Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Allie, I'm sorry to hear that this driver failed to knock (if I'm understanding this review correctly.) Depending on the sender's stipulations though, we can usually organise another delivery attempt if it's at our depot. If you've got your parcel's consignment number handy, I'd be happy to look into this parcel's specifics for you. -Ted

Delivered as promised.

MTB bike purchase from NZ distributors was handed off to Startrack in Sydney on Thursday and then forwarded on to Brisbane overnight. Received tracking notification of Brisbane depot departure at 12.45 Friday and expected delivery that same day. 5.30pm Friday in the middle of a huge thunderstorm the truck arrived, backed into the driveway and delivered the bike box straight into the garage. Great stuff.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionYes
Glad to hear it Drewe! :-) And thanks for taking the time to leave some positive feedback. -Ted

Total cluster crap. Terrible service

Terrible terrible service.

Ordered the item from a company in Victoria. Was given tracking number with STARTRACK couriers. Checked the tracking number and scheduled for delivery Friday 15th March. Remained at home waiting for delivery. Checked tracking again around lunch time date remains the same. Waiting waiting waiting. Checked tracking again at 4.50pm, delivery date changed to Monday 18th. Well wasn't I annoyed, waiting at home all day.

Contracted [name removed] (manager), well absolutely useless. Said that flights were experiencing delays. I explained that I can accept that things run late however do not accept that this company changes delivery date without any notification via email, with no consideration my waiting time.

I explained that it was to be presented one a present on Sunday, to no avail and no offer to rectify their crap up.

This company sucks and I will bag them every chance I get from now on. I will also contact my supplier and recommend a change in delivery company.

Shame on you.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Ron, Fast Track Courier is an entirely separate entity from StarTrack. As such, it may be best to address feedback regarding Fast Track deliveries to them directly. -TedThanks, amended. It was in fact StartrackHave you got that parcel's consignment number handy?

Would be no stars

2 Items were sent from Sydney to Launceston on Wednesday the 13th some time around the morning they were picked up, one of the packages (same size as it's the same item) arrived yesterday, however the other package which was scanned in to Melbourne on the same day, has sat in Melbourne all day yesterday and thus far hasn't updated to state it's now in Launceston. I ordered several packages through New Zealand DHL and they've all arrived, even one that was sent yesterday using their express service, why does it take so long for an express service from startrack? Why is my package sitting in Melbourne for 2 days, it's now Friday which means the package won't arrive until Monday at the earliest and even then I have my worries.

I understand I'm being slightly impatient, however when an express service takes the same amount of time as regular post, what am I paying the extra for exactly?

Not to mention the tracking updated to say it was scanned into Melbourne at 6am, then updated again to say it was scanned in at 2pm what happened in 8 hours with my item? Now it's sitting transit once again, needless to say I wish companies would give an option to use someone other than startrack as they're so slow when competing companies charge much less and are 10x faster.

Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Callouz, Ted here. Have you got this parcel's consignment number?Sure, it's IDQZ00064244. It's currently sitting in the delivery depot and I've been told won't be delivered until Monday. Won't be paying the extra for express again that's for sure. Startrack is the only company I know of that doesn't prioritize their express parcels..can only imagine regular post.Thank you. Your parcel is out for delivery today, so you should be seeing it before close of business. -Ted

Terrible. Completely ruined my surprise.

I had organised a surprise gift to be delivered on a certain date.
It was not delivered and LOST three days later. I had organised a surprised delivery contacted the hotel as well as the company to ensure it would be delievered as a gift. Instead they would not return my call, and told me to contact the company in which I purchased the item from. Thanks for ruining my surprise and a 30th birthday present! Oh and it’s a trip away so I’ll never see that again.

Sender or ReceiverSender
Shipping TypeDomestic
Hi Hayley, Ted here. I'm sorry to hear about this birthday present. When you spoke with StarTrack, you should have been issued a case number. Have you got that or failing that, the parcel's consignment number handy?