Ant

AntGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a bad look!

So...Resimac (ASX:RMC) have decided to cease new loan business for State Custodians. Meanwhile, as others have posted Homeloans.com.au have been started to get the new loan market leaving existing State Custodian customers to wither on the line as a cash cow for the greater business.

Really these warnings should be placed where Homeloans.com.au customers would read as they will be unaware of the ethical embarrassment they are signing up to.

To be caught up in what I consider an immoral business decision is disappointing. As the loser it’s frustrating.

This decision goes beyond the usual “funding costs” explanation. It’s segmentation and profit maximisation.

Peter

Peter Sydney, NSW

How to annoy existing customers

1. Cease to offer new loans
2. Start a new entity called Homeloans.com.au
3. Reduce interest rate for homeloans.com.au customers, 2 minutes after Reserve bank announcement
4. Cease passing on interest rate cuts to State Custodians customers
5. Offer disgruntled customers a fantastic introductory rate at Homeloans.com.au
6. Rinse and repeat

I have no issue with the staff, they are excellent at their job, easy to deal with, and their systems relatively seamless, but this whole Homeloans.com.au transformation just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was great but now a little disappointing

Signed a very competitive variable interest rate loan @ 2.9% for my investment. However, the failure to pass on any of the last two interest rate cuts is disappointing and should stand as a warning to new customers. State Custodians and Homeloans.com.au are both controlled by Resimac. Why are the interest rate decisions different between the two companies? Can a new customer even get a new product from State Custodians? I’ve only had a quick look but the structural changes to the entities and the failure to pass on interest rate cuts suggests State Custodian customers will continue being the losers under this strategic direction.

Jo.

Jo.Perth, WA

State custodians does not value loyal customers

On 4 March 2020, the RBA reduced the cash rate by 0.25 and this was duly passed on. But they refused to pass on to variable rate customers the reduction done by RBA of 0.25 on 20/03/20 and 0.15 on 4/11/20. This is a total of 0.4 not passed on to variable interest rate customers. Instead they are offering us to fix our loans like it is a better option in the current situation. We all live in the same world that has financial issues for the moment. Be fair in your dealings and kindly pass on the savings to your variable interest rate customers. That is the whole idea of a variable rate to move with the trend of the RBA.

Ayush

Ayush

Great customer service and streamlined process

It has been a great pleasure to collaborate with State Custodians again. Maryam has been great to liaise with making the refinancing process seamless. State Custodians definitely have competitive products.

Shannon K.

Shannon K.South East Queensland, QLD

Such a pleasure to deal with!

We have been going through the process to refinance with State Custodians from CUA. I never thought I'd say this about a financial institution, but wow the customer service and response times are top notch! Maryam has been our go-to representative and has ensured the process was as smooth as possible, even though CUA tried to make it difficult. At this point, couldn't recommend these guys more highly!

Eric

EricMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great experience, simple process

Justin was great to work with, really made things simple and was easy to get in touch with. The ability to send a text message through and get a response was so convenient I will be taking that idea onto my own business. No unexpected costs, and the interest rate was acceptable for what we were looking for. Took a little longer than expected to get everything sorted but that's also on me.

Lorraine

Lorraine

Unfair investment loan rates for existing loyal customers

I have just checked on the website that State Custodians has a rate of 2.74% for investment loans only for new customers with a LVR lower than 60%. It is very unfair to existing loyal customers who are paying their instalments on time even in the existing Covid-19 environment and have their loans lower than 60% LVR.

Luke

LukeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Customer Service & Communication

Tenille was allocated as my lending specialist and helped me greatly during the loan process. She always kept me in the loop during the application process and nothing was too much trouble for her. I achieved the best possible outcome on my loan including great rate for high LVR and no set up or ongoing fees. I don’t know what I would have done without Tenille and State Custodians. Thank you !

Great service again from State Custodians

Refinance top up went fast with excellent service from Sharn. I would recommend them as I already had in the past to my sister who is now with State Custodians.
Great customer service as far as I'm concerned, rate went up by .5% but I can live with that it achieved what I needed it to.

Jack G

Jack GPerth, WA

Refinance

Applied for refinance in Sept 2019. Got full conditional approval in Dec 2019, except it was for the wrong amount. Poor customer response to queries about the difference, further delays as in asking for re-submission of account history, asked for further information at the 11th hour had to re-set the loan settlement dates due to the extra amount required etc... so by the time settlement happened it was June 2020. If I had realised it would take this long I would've gone elsewhere. Seemed to struggle with property investors.

TonySydney, NSW

Review for Maryam - State Custodians

Maryam Siddique displayed the qualities that you want when getting a new loan or a refinance. Maryam delivered the perfect outcome. Maryam was honest, persistent and very resilient. Maryam was not deterred by any setback, remained calm, focussed and composed and she successfully achieved the perfect result in a very timely manner with the best possible loan terms and conditions. Maryam went over and above the call of duty and she remained accessible at all times to achieve the best outcome.

Tony

My pleasure - keep up the good work.

Mel Singleton

Mel SingletonSouthwest, VIC

Easy and efficient

Maryam has given us such great service. Easy to deal with and nothing was too hard. Made the refinancing process a breeze. thank you for all ur time. Ur hard work didn’t go unnoticed.

Excellent Customer Service

Following several unsuccessful and negative phone interactions with other lenders, I spoke to Tenille from State Custodians. She was professional, informative and helpful as I explained what I required in a home loan. Following our initial phone call, the customer service I received during the application process was exceptional. Tenille was in regular contact and helped me gather everything I needed to successfully acquire the best loan for my family. I am very happy that I chose State Custodians for my home loan and hope that the great service continues throughout the life of the loan.

M Elangovan

M ElangovanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best rates and quick response

drsharynwilkins

drsharynwilkinsSydney, NSW

Great rates but slow and painful process

The valuation was terribly slow and settlement was delayed twice due to slow document processing. Mostly good customer service from the call line but one British woman was very rude.

Amy

AmySydney, NSW

Started off with great offer, but too good to be true at the end

pabloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

Montly payment

Hi ..I have a question for you guys . My rate droppped to 2.80 last month and when I calculate my monthly repayment on different apps, I get 2424 figure wheras State Custodians is charging me 2440. Does anyone know why ?

Gold_Member

Gold_MemberAU

Great Rates. Terrible Application Process

All banks have policies for their due diligence, but State Custodians are beyond reproach; it is so excessive in comparison to other lenders. I keep wondering what the costs of these procedures must be.
It could be argued that a more thorough checking procedure is prudent, but asking for random and negligible documentation ad nauseum is a strange way to gain customers.
My documents are all signed but the requests keep coming. I feel that I have gained a master.

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards