478 reviews · Statistics

96% · 45917 · 4%
Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
See the Best Mechanics in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul Dunn
Paul DunnQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great service experience!

Professional, efficient, courteous. Both the office contact and inspection officer were great to work with. Would highly recommend. Thank you....Paul
Chris Hopper
Chris HopperQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts

A Must for pre-sale inspection

Extremely comprehensive reporting done. Detected issues I would have overlooked myself. A very worthwhile investment for peace-of-mind. Highly recommended.
Brian
Brian

5 STAR

Thanks State Roads.
Very comprehensive and easy to understand report and done in a very timely and professional manner.
Will recommend to others.
JOHN RICHO
JOHN RICHO

A wonderful informative experience that put my mind at complete ease

I am interstate buyer purchasing a vehicle Subaru wrx from Victorian. I viewed the car on a Saturday, booked the inspection ,same day, the report was finalized on Monday, loads of photos and comments. Then spoke to the experienced mechanic, who by chance owned a similar vehicle. Thanks Trevor
Tim
TimACTKowen 2620, ACT

Very Detailed and Reasonably Priced Pre-Purchase Inspections

I have used other pre-purchase services before but State Roads was by far the most detailed. They included videos of all the faults, and areas for concern with active commentary. They also road tested the vehicle, which helps a lot when you are based in another state/territory. Highly recommend, and I won't hesitate to use their service again.
Alan
AlanQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent work

The mechanic was extremely punctual, efficient and honest. He inspected my two cars within a couple of hours after I contacted him. Certificates were sent to Department of transport and me within an hour.
He is really efficient.
Karan
Karan

Amazing service, comprehensive report

John provided a comprehensive report outlining the vehicle inspection. He inspected additional items knowing the type of car and went above and beyond to ensure I understood everything. I would highly recommend.
Andrew mclean
Andrew mcleanNSWNorth Western Region, NSW

Fantastic service Great advice and treatment

I live in nsw and my daughter is on her own in WA. I was fully reliant on State Roads to give me direction on the condition of vehicle we were looking at. Both Jo and Thomas (inspector) were fantastic. Money well spent.... highly recommend them
Kat Hoy
Kat HoyNSWMid North Coast, NSW

Highly recommended

Rob did a pre-purchase car inspection for me today.
He rang me immediately afterwards to let me know his findings.
He was warm, friendly and professional and was happy to answer my questions.
He then sent through photographs and a detailed report, and he has given me the confidence to buy a car I have never seen, in a different state!
Less than 24 hour turnaround from when I paid for the service to when I was reading the report. I cannot thank them enough.
Calvin C.
Calvin C.4 posts
Gwen
GwenQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

100% Knowledgeable, Honest and Trustworthy

Thank you very much Anthony for your expertise. I enjoyed dealing with you. You are honest and reliable and always arrived on-time, even when I contacted you at late notice. I know I can count on you 100% to arrive and inspect my cars for any safety concerns so I can sell with a clear conscience. I equally will appreciate using you to do all my future pre-purchase vehicle inspections. Very grateful for your business.
Belinda Mair
Belinda MairQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and reliability

I recently had my Mercedes get a Roadworthy Certificate in preparation for sale. Very happy with this service - very good communication from the team and friendly professional mechanic Anthony.

Thanks again!

Gabriela
Gabriela

Amazing service

I highly recommend State Roads for their car inspections. I found their service to be professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They provided thorough inspections with attention to detail, clear communication throughout the process, and fair and transparent billing. Overall, I had a great experience and would recommend State Roads for anyone in need of roadworthy or car inspections Show reply
Jessica J.
Jessica J.

VERY HAPPY INTERSTATE BUYER

Thanks so much team! I was nervous purchasing a car from interstate but having you guys go out and do a pre purchase inspection was great and filled me with confidence to continue with the purchase without having seen it. Absolutely loving my car now! Show reply
Pete
PeteQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

A very smooth and professional process; will use again

The process was very easy and very professional; will certainly use again as required Show reply

Sacha

Hi. I would like any information how pre purchase of used care inspections work in Sydney atm. I need an inspection done in brookvale. Not interested in virtual ones. Thanks in advance.

Tim Mccloskey
Tim Mccloskey

Sacha, look no further than State Roads. You'll be very impressed from start to finish. they saved me from buying a complete liability. I don't work for them but used their service only 2 weeks ago

Sacha

Great. Thanks so much. So they went to the private residence and did a complete mechanical check?

Pankaj W.
Pankaj W.

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

State Roads   DM
Waz
Waz

2 part question

Q1 Does State Roads just contract mechanics local to the area of the requested inspected vehicle?

Q2 Can I request a mechanic that HAS NOT done an inspection for the dealership previously to which will give consumer confidence that dealership and inspector are not known to each other and a rwc report is done in accordance to laws without influence from known parties to the inspector?

State Roads   DM
Check Car D.
Check Car D.

always check car before buying
its free