96% · 47017 · 3%
Job Satisfaction

Never again
Never againSydney, NSW2 posts

Highly recommended

Very happy with the service provided!
Jo was impeccable in booking the job, while Flavio conducted a very detailed inspection report. Buying a used vehicle can be stressful, but State Roads made the process fast and smooth. Definitely worth it!
Lucas G.
Lucas G.

Pre purchase inspection experience

Jo was very quick with making the booking and very helpful with providing the details etc. Ray was on time and did an extremely detailed inspection and took his time to explain thoroughly any issues with the car which saved us a lot of money. Overall very helpful and worth every penny.
Ros P.
Ros P.Far North Queensland, QLD

Easy and thorough

I’m trying to buy a used car interstate and had to cancel my first inspection as the dealership sold the vehicle. Jo in the Booking Office was super helpful in getting it refunded and rebooked when I found another car. The vehicle Inspector, Ray who went out to view the car was on time, very thorough and gave a detailed and honest assessment of the vehicle which determined it was definitely not suitable for me and had many faults.
I’m really grateful for the ease of service and won’t hesitate to use State Roads again for pre-purchase inspections.
Robyn
Robyn

Excellent Service

The service I have received from booking in the car inspection to receiving it has far exceeded my expectations. The report and photos received from our inspector Ray was extremely thorough, arrived much faster than I thought and made a very easy decision on the vehicle. Not only did we receive the thorough report but also a follow up phone call from Ray who could not have been more helpful, especially for a non car person like myself. Explaining things in terms I could understand and giving some very helpful hints in our car search. We will definitely be using the service again and recommending to friends and family
Neal
Neal

very quick and efficient independent used car assessments

Stateroads were very quick, very efficient and professional communicators with myself (the buyer) and the seller. The reports they produce are clear and will give you the ability to make a purchase decision armed with independent and thorough facts about your intended purchase.
Marq U.
Marq U.

Never buy a car without using this vehicle inspection service

Remarkably responsive, great inspection level selection to enable a tailored approach. Chose the Platinum level inspection. Far more affordable than expected. The end result saved us from purchasing a problem vehicle and loosing thousands of dollars. The Mechanic who undertook the inspection contacted us and provided a thorough explanation of issues identified. It was the most comprehensive inspection of anything we have ever seen. There is no way we would buy a second hand vehicle without suing State Roads. Well worth the small investment.
Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

inspection report on a used car

Excellent service from Jo and Rick. Thanks for your efficient and professional service.
Jason W
Jason WIllawarra, NSW

Fast, comprehensive and professional service

State Roads completed a Platinum pre-purchase inspection for an interstate vehicle purchase for me as I was unable to inspect the car myself. The report was comprehensive and accompanied by a Dropbox link to more than 160 photos and videos of the car. They were able to carry out the inspection the day after I booked over the phone and the report was available within an hour of the inspection. I also spoke to the inspector over the phone to talk through some of the details. Fantastic service, very happy.
Luke P.
Luke P.2 posts

Excellent service

A very good and comprehensive inspection (in a different state, no less), and I love the photos/video that came with it which gave further insight. It was good being able to directly hear the comments the inspector had to make.

I have no hesitation in recommending State Roads to anyone looking for a car inspection.

GavD
GavDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First rate expereince

Meticulous attention to detail. Office staff were awesome getting this turned around in a very short time. Inspector rang and talked me through the report. Honest and reliable. Money well spent.
Philip O.
Philip O.

Awesome Service

An exceptional service. I am an interstate buyer, totally relying on others expertise and I could not be happier. Jo arranged and managed the service the next day, Flavio was brilliant, he meticulously covered all aspects of the vehicle with clarity. Excellent report, great relevant photos and super clear videos. Could not recommend them enough. Thanks State!
Paul Dunn
Paul DunnSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great service experience!

Professional, efficient, courteous. Both the office contact and inspection officer were great to work with. Would highly recommend. Thank you....Paul
Chris Hopper
Chris HopperWide Bay-Burnett, QLD3 posts

A Must for pre-sale inspection

Extremely comprehensive reporting done. Detected issues I would have overlooked myself. A very worthwhile investment for peace-of-mind. Highly recommended.
Brian
Brian

5 STAR

Thanks State Roads.
Very comprehensive and easy to understand report and done in a very timely and professional manner.
Will recommend to others.
JOHN RICHO
JOHN RICHO

A wonderful informative experience that put my mind at complete ease

I am interstate buyer purchasing a vehicle Subaru wrx from Victorian. I viewed the car on a Saturday, booked the inspection ,same day, the report was finalized on Monday, loads of photos and comments. Then spoke to the experienced mechanic, who by chance owned a similar vehicle. Thanks Trevor

Sacha

Hi. I would like any information how pre purchase of used care inspections work in Sydney atm. I need an inspection done in brookvale. Not interested in virtual ones. Thanks in advance.

Tim Mccloskey
Tim Mccloskey

Sacha, look no further than State Roads. You'll be very impressed from start to finish. they saved me from buying a complete liability. I don't work for them but used their service only 2 weeks ago

Sacha

Great. Thanks so much. So they went to the private residence and did a complete mechanical check?

Pankaj W.
Pankaj W.

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

State Roads   DM
Waz
Waz

2 part question

Q1 Does State Roads just contract mechanics local to the area of the requested inspected vehicle?

Q2 Can I request a mechanic that HAS NOT done an inspection for the dealership previously to which will give consumer confidence that dealership and inspector are not known to each other and a rwc report is done in accordance to laws without influence from known parties to the inspector?

State Roads   DM
Check Car D.
Check Car D.

always check car before buying
its free