State Roads

Excellent service, perfect every time.

This is the second time I've used state roads to perform a vehicle inspection on my behalf and once again the level of detail they put into each report amazes me.
This time round I had Trevor who was an absolute pleasure to deal with.
He was able to complete the job, email me the report and give me a direct phone call, all within 24 hours.
Will continue to use State Roads in the future!

Really worth the money

Trevor was a really helpful person to have look over the car, he was honest and knowledgeable. He took over 100 photos for me and wrote a detailed report, would use again

zoran m.

zoran m.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service

Trevor did a fantastic job by inspecting two vehicles I intended to purchase the owners claimed that they were in excellent condition and it turned out to be lemons so he probably saved me thousands dollars and lot of stress. I would gladly recommend him if anyone is in the process of purchasing a new car because his service was excellent and the report he provides gives you peace of mind and saving you from lot of stress and headaches

Kerry Haupt

Kerry HauptCentral Queensland, QLD

Highly Professional detailed Inspection

Highly recommend this service when your unable to inspect a vehicle yourself. Its very comprehensive and detailed inspection this company provides.
Worth the money for peace of mind.
Just Do it, don't think twice about it.

John Eddy

John EddySydney, NSW

Best Car Inspector

Trevor's knowledge, experience and attitude was invaluable for me to make the right decision whether to purchase a 50 year old car by remote control. Car was in Melbourne - I am in Sydney. The 307 photos was a real bonus plus the detailed report.
Thanks again Trevor.

Went the extra mile

Aster

AsterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Total excellence.

The service and customer care provided is absolutely of excellence and totally outstanding. Highly impressed with this wonderful team. I recommend State Roads Inspection to any persons who are wanting a report carried out on any car.

Jennifer

JenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Very professional from start to finish
This is the second time I’ve used this company The Inspector was very thorough and knowledgeable when explaining the report . The report was very comprehensive and detailed, photos were great. Fast and friendly service
Highly recommend

Two excellent reports from Trevor

I’ve bought two inspections from State Roads. In both instances, Trevor provided me with an accurate picture of what I was potentially buying and went the extra mile in explaining what would be required by me to get the vehicle to where I wanted it to be. Professional, timely and solid value for money.
Thanks Trevor and State Roads - an excellent experience.

Jordan

JordanMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Dont buy a used car without these guys!

I cannot recommend this service highly enough, i had Trevor inspect a car for me the review was amazingly thorough! The car turned out to be a bust but if it wasn't for this inspection would have blown 10k on a s**t box! trev you bloody legend! Will use again!

Great report and service

Service and report was number 1. Trevor was very thorough in explaining things and was also left a good impression to the seller of the vehicle being tested. Highly recommend Trevor and will use him again. Great work.

Very comprehensive & detailed report for my vehicle by Ray

Ray inspected the car. Extremely thorough. Sent through a full report, all major details, descriptions, including 75 photos of vehicle. Very impressed. I even got to have a chat to Ray About questions I had. Excellent service.

Anne

AnneSouthern and Hills, SA

Excellent report

Trevor was very thorough with pictures and written report. When I phoned him he was very friendly and helpful and answered my questions. Car is for my daughter. She is absolutely thrilled with her little yellow fiat and we know it is everything it was advertised as.
Inspection was done quickly and professionally. Very happy.

Honest and in-depth

Trevor was very honest and detailed with his inspection of the car. Nothing more you can ask for when you're looking at a second-hand car. I purchased the car and am very pleased.

Clint

ClintAlice Springs, NT

Excellent inspection, well worth the money

Trevor from State Roads did an excellent job of inspecting a Subaru Forester I'm looking at. Over 140 full-size quality photos means I know exactly all the small blemishes and the condition of the car, at least body wise. The platinum inspection with all engine codes and drive test etc has set my mind at ease to buy the car, and Trevor was able to give me a couple of tips, things to keep an eye on with this particular model of car. Great job, thanks Trevor!
State roads inspection company also very easy and professional to work with.

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Prompt, thorough and friendly.

Prompt, thorough and friendly, I will continue to use State Roads if needed in the future, Trevor was great, up front honest technical knowledge and advice, which really helped
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Eric

EricPerth, WA

Car inspection

Ray from state roads NSW conducted a thorough inspection of a car I was hoping to buy and send over to me in Perth. The owner didn't tell me the honest truth about the body work. Ray told me the amount of work required which pretty much consisted of an eventual respray rather than touch up plus about an oil leak.i wasn't told about either. I opted not to buy the car after his proper test drive and thorough car check. Disappointed not to buy it but Ray saved me big $$$ if I opted not to do the inspection and just go ahead and buy the car. He comes highly recommended by myself. ☺️

car inspection

loved the inspection on the car. the amount of detail and information they gave me was outstanding. it was very easy to understand the results of the inspection. i was very impressed and ended up buying the car!

Most thorough and detailed inspection I’ve received.

My inspector Trevor was by far the most informative mechanic I have used for an inspection. Showed an in-depth understanding of the vehicle and everything I should consider. I’ll definitely be using them again, fantastic advice and plenty of info on what to look out for.

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very professional highly recommended

Very informative and professional organization our inspection buy Trevor was very helpful in our decision to purchase the vehicle . The pictures were clear and precise the report was informative and helpful

Pankaj W.

Pankaj W.asked

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

Hi Pankaj
All of our mechanics are a grade mechanics and have the same equipment and same training and in particurlar, body repair training. Over the past 25 years of being in the same business we have sifted through many mechanics and have an awesome team. We stand by all of our mechanics and we are happy to guarantee their work

kishletteasked

How long does a platinum inspection usually take to be conducted? After that, what's the estimated timeframe for when the report will be provided? Thanks for your help.

John F.State Roads

The inspection really depends on the car type and age km etc, also if the car has problems and/or been repaired structurally. We generally allow 3 hours for the inspection which includes creating the 6 page report and pics download. The mechanic will usually call you straight after he is finished looking at the car and you will usually receive the emailed report by the end of the working day at the latest.

kishlette

Thanks for the fast response - perfect.

Waz

Wazasked

2 part question
Q1 Does State Roads just contract mechanics local to the area of the requested inspected vehicle?
Q2 Can I request a mechanic that HAS NOT done an inspection for the dealership previously to which will give consumer confidence that dealership and inspector are not known to each other and a rwc report is done in accordance to laws without influence from known parties to the inspector?

John F.State Roads

We have a dedicated inspection team that travel from one job to the next, in other words that is all they do. Good mechanics with extensive experience are hard to find then to include body experience where we guarantee to detect body repairs is extremely hard to find. Due to the level of training we provide to our inspectors we have a limited number so it is not possible to have inspectors in all areas or from a local workshop that put down there tools and we send to the nearest job. Our mechanics do not colude with car dealers, they are inspecting the vehicle honestly and accurately, we have been in the business a long time and most dealers know that if we are coming to inspect a vehicle what to expect.

Check Car D.
Check Car D.

always check car before buying
its free