• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Gary F.
Gary F.Sydney, NSW

Excellent prompt service and expert mechanical pre purchase inspection.

The inspecting mechanic was very professional, respectful, and thorough in their work. We really appreciated the depth of the report, phone call follow up, insights directly from the mechanic post inspection, and photos they supplied as part of the report. The screening to check on any encumbrances on the car was also very useful.

Pags
PagsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrific service

Recently used StateRoads service for an inspection on a used car I was looking at buying. They provided me with a detailed report outlining all aspects of the vehicle including photos and videos and any mechanical/cosmetic faults. Spoke with Trevor on the phone after the inspection to get his opinion and expertise regarding the car and its condition. Very happy with the service provided and recommend them highly if you are unsure about a used vehicle.

Honest reporting

I have hard 2 cars checked out and received honest reporting. Very happy with this service . I decided not to buy the first car as report was unfavourable and when I saw the photos it opened my eyes to how bad the car was.

Find out how State Roads compares to other Car Service / Repair Centres

High quality in depth report from Trevor

Good quality inspection providing detailed photos and outlining all mechanical/cosmetic faults. Trevor was very helpful when having a chat on the phone after the inspection to give his expertise and point me in the right direction. Would highly recommend if unsure about a used vehicle.

Jamie
Jamie Hobart, TAS

We had a car inspected today at state roads inspections, Melbourne. We live in Hobart and this was our first experience with vehicle inspections. The inspection was conducted on time by Trevor. Shortly after the inspection I received by email a very comprehensive report, complete with 130+ photos of the car inside/outside / underneath etc etc. Also included was a very valuable walk around video showing body/paint damage, wheel scrapes, brakes etc etc. I then spoke by phone with Trevor for 25 mins regarding the car and its condition. We were very happy with the report, and with Trevor's care and dedication to giving us good honest information, which gave us the confidence to make our decision. Thanks again.

Exceptional service

John was fantastic and gave a great inspection report as well as calling to go over the report to make sure I had a clear understanding of it.
Very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had.

Jon
Jon

Really happy with the service .

Trevor arrived promptly for the inspection did a full and detailed report and was friendly and informative when I phoned him back .Will definitely use State Roads again. Keep up the good work.

Job Satisfaction
Ness
NessCranbourne

Peace of mind is priceless

Job Satisfaction

Money well spent!

This is the second time I have used State roads for an inspection and I couldn't recommend them highly enough! Inspections have always been organised extremely quick. Trevor my latest inspector was fantastic and provided me with some very helpful insight and was very thorough with his inspection and report provided to me. Very satisfied customer!

Kandy
KandyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thorough and quick turnaround.

Excellent and thorough report. Trevor was super helpful and gave us more than enough information and expertise to buy our new van. Would recommend. Thanks for all of your help.

Warrick Boyle
Warrick BoyleCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent response time and quality of service

I rang up at 9:30am and by 4pm the job was done, all during COVID when the big boys weren’t flexible enough to even operate- outstanding service and they assisted fixing more items on the vehicle.

Rates and Fees

The best for an informed decision

Very thorough inspection of all the need to know about the car as well as historically common problems to be aware of before purchase. On call to explain everything so fantastic customer service. Thanks Trevor.

Rates and Fees

Absolutely professional and clear report

I am extremely satisfied from the service. The Inspector did an amazing job and gave me a clear advice regarding the purchase of car. I have already recommended State Roads to few people. I will always use this service for future transactions.

Very thorough and detailed. Trevor was extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to.
Worth spending the money for the price of mind.
Unable to do cold start test as better communication needed with vehicle owner.

Rabeeh
RabeehGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great detailed feedback

Easy to deal with. It was organised for the same day. Flavio sent through detailed pictures and report on the car. Received a call with relevant feedback. Great service. I would highly recommend as it brought me peace of mind to proceed with the purchase.

Pankaj W.
Pankaj W.asked

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

Hi Pankaj
All of our mechanics are a grade mechanics and have the same equipment and same training and in particurlar, body repair training. Over the past 25 years of being in the same business we have sifted through many mechanics and have an awesome team. We stand by all of our mechanics and we are happy to guarantee their work

kishletteasked

How long does a platinum inspection usually take to be conducted? After that, what's the estimated timeframe for when the report will be provided? Thanks for your help.

John F.State Roads

The inspection really depends on the car type and age km etc, also if the car has problems and/or been repaired structurally. We generally allow 3 hours for the inspection which includes creating the 6 page report and pics download. The mechanic will usually call you straight after he is finished looking at the car and you will usually receive the emailed report by the end of the working day at the latest.

kishlette

Thanks for the fast response - perfect.

Waz
Wazasked

2 part question
Q1 Does State Roads just contract mechanics local to the area of the requested inspected vehicle?
Q2 Can I request a mechanic that HAS NOT done an inspection for the dealership previously to which will give consumer confidence that dealership and inspector are not known to each other and a rwc report is done in accordance to laws without influence from known parties to the inspector?

John F.State Roads

We have a dedicated inspection team that travel from one job to the next, in other words that is all they do. Good mechanics with extensive experience are hard to find then to include body experience where we guarantee to detect body repairs is extremely hard to find. Due to the level of training we provide to our inspectors we have a limited number so it is not possible to have inspectors in all areas or from a local workshop that put down there tools and we send to the nearest job. Our mechanics do not colude with car dealers, they are inspecting the vehicle honestly and accurately, we have been in the business a long time and most dealers know that if we are coming to inspect a vehicle what to expect.

Check Car D.
Check Car D.

always check car before buying
its free