Thanks!

Very thorough documentation and testing, including compression checks, photos, and video. Trevor was very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about helping customers make informed decisions. Written report was also very detailed, very much worth the money!

Thanks for the review

Very happy and will use next time I purchase a used car!

Trevor was great in providing a detailed report with heaps of photos and a couple of videos which made the process stress free. Highly recommend and will use again next time I buy a used car.

John F.State Roads

Thank you for taking the time leaving a review

Robbo

RobboMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth every cent

Great job done by Trevor, plenty of photos and picked up quite a few things that would of been missed; included a few videos also.
Definitely using again when I purchase another vehicle.

John F.State Roads

We appreciate your feedback thank you

Guy

GuyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Peace of mind

We just had an inspection by Trevor from State roads and was blown away by the extremely comprehensive check he performed. He took dozens of photos of every part of the car, including the suspension and underneath the car, as well as a detailed written report. He was very thorough and found every little fault with the car, inside and out. I cannot recommend Trevor and Stateroads enough to give you peace of mind when buying a second hand car!

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Fantastic Service from booking team and Inspectors (Mechanics)

So impressed with State Roads. Purchased a car from interstate and due to COVID could not travel to Melbourne to inspect. I felt so uncomfortable thinking about buying without seeing it first but, the team at State roads assured me they do it often for interstate buyers, we discussed the options they have and made it very easy to book and schedule with the owner. The Inspector, Trevor was the icing on the cake. Such a legend! Did the check and supplied more photos & videos then I knew what to do with. Called me and talked over everything that was great with the car and the few minor issues. Made me feel completely comfortable with going ahead with the purchase. Would highly recommend State Roads and definitely ask for Trevor.
Steve

John F.State Roads

We really appreciate your review

andrew

andrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

glad i done it

never really considered getting an inspection when going through a car yard as cars all need to be road worthy however when spending a fair amount of money i decided to get it tested and glad i did was very helpful and im really happy with the report and the service everything was explained and i left with peace of mind on my choice of car

John F.State Roads

Excellent. Like being there in person but with the knowledge

Very helpful. Took plenty of photos and issued to me immediately. Very quick response. Was on the phone to me after explaining the issues and Received report that night. Inspector was happy to answer questions and provide advice even after fulfilling his obligations. Would reccomend 10/10.

John F.State Roads

Hi Stewart, thanks for taking the time to leave a review

Charles from Victoria

Charles from VictoriaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service.

We were impressed with Flavio's professionalism and exceptional customer service. He went above and beyond his call of duty. He was proactive in going back to the dealer for a second car inspection after an error by the dealer. His inspection was thorough. He was very approchable in responding to our queries. Jo from reception was courteous and also very helpful. We have been very happy with their service.

John F.State Roads

Your review is one of the reasons why we love our job, to give great service to all our customers. We are really glad that you had a great experience and thank you for leaving a review

Harley D.

Harley D.Queensland

Amazing Service - Best experience I've ever had with a mechanic!

I called Anthony late on Thursday and he was here, on-time, the very next morning. Extremely satisfied with the service, the most honest Mechanic I've ever had! After issuing the Safety Certificate He was quick to give me useful advice on the future maintenance of the car. Highly Recommended!

Leigh

LeighSouthwest, VIC

Fantastic and thorough service!

John F.State Roads

Fast and excellent service!

I needed a last minute roadworthy to sell my car and luckily they were able to fit me in the same day!! John arrived within 2 hours of my call and provided quick and excellent service. Even managed to crack a joke and have a laugh!
Thanks again :)

John F.State Roads

Worse than a waste of money!!

Jim P.

Jim P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Saved us!

Fantastic service. The platinum package saved us buying a car with significant problems. Getting a phone call to talk through all the results was really useful, they provided really helpful interpretation of the results.

Great information

I found the report very comprehensive and allowed me to get a good understanding of the vehicle. Trevor was very detailed on his information and commentary. I would definitely use again

State roads

Trevor from State Roads was very detailed and knew his stuff. We bought a car interstate but felt confident after speaking with Trevor and receiving his report, photos and video's. I would recommend Trevor and State Roads

Grant J.

Grant J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Company

Excellent services, very friendly, very professional, provided photos of every aspect of the car, engine and all under body. Fair price have used them several times and would use them again.

steven N.

steven N.Sydney, NSW

Gratitude and appreciation

Great service, would definitely recommend!

Great service and would definitely recommend, came on time and checked every detail of the car. Took more then enough photos. Service was great, thanks for the great service. 5 star

Professional service - sellers point of view

As a seller I was nervous about allowing a stranger access to my car. Ray was very professional and put me at ease right away. He was thorough and efficient. As soon as it came time for him to test drive the car, he asked for me to join him. At that point I would have trusted him to take my car on his own, though came along for the good company anyway.
The lady who I spoke to over the phone at State Roads (Joe?) was also very helpful and patient. I will definitely be using these guys for my next car purchase.

Stephen

StephenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

State roads Report

Trevor gave me a detailed report that fulfilled all questions relating to the car. Have used state roads in the past and would recommend to anyone buying a car. Plenty of photos and detailed description gave me the confidence to purchase the car and has been a fantastic vehicle.

Pankaj W.

Pankaj W.asked

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

Hi Pankaj
All of our mechanics are a grade mechanics and have the same equipment and same training and in particurlar, body repair training. Over the past 25 years of being in the same business we have sifted through many mechanics and have an awesome team. We stand by all of our mechanics and we are happy to guarantee their work

kishletteasked

How long does a platinum inspection usually take to be conducted? After that, what's the estimated timeframe for when the report will be provided? Thanks for your help.

John F.State Roads

The inspection really depends on the car type and age km etc, also if the car has problems and/or been repaired structurally. We generally allow 3 hours for the inspection which includes creating the 6 page report and pics download. The mechanic will usually call you straight after he is finished looking at the car and you will usually receive the emailed report by the end of the working day at the latest.

kishlette

Thanks for the fast response - perfect.

Waz

Wazasked

2 part question
Q1 Does State Roads just contract mechanics local to the area of the requested inspected vehicle?
Q2 Can I request a mechanic that HAS NOT done an inspection for the dealership previously to which will give consumer confidence that dealership and inspector are not known to each other and a rwc report is done in accordance to laws without influence from known parties to the inspector?

John F.State Roads

We have a dedicated inspection team that travel from one job to the next, in other words that is all they do. Good mechanics with extensive experience are hard to find then to include body experience where we guarantee to detect body repairs is extremely hard to find. Due to the level of training we provide to our inspectors we have a limited number so it is not possible to have inspectors in all areas or from a local workshop that put down there tools and we send to the nearest job. Our mechanics do not colude with car dealers, they are inspecting the vehicle honestly and accurately, we have been in the business a long time and most dealers know that if we are coming to inspect a vehicle what to expect.

Check Car D.
Check Car D.

always check car before buying
its free