State Roads

See the Best Car Service / Repair Centres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Great service from Trevor from State Roads Inspections.

Just had our 3rd vehicle inspected by Trevor for a pre purchase inspection. Trevor was extremely professional, thorough and his attention to detail is excellent. On all 3 occasions he provided good sound advice regarding the vehicles. If you’re Melbourne based and you need a vehicle inspection, make sure you ask for Trevor.

Steve D.

Steve D.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Service with a range of flexible inspection options

Had Stateroads conduct 2 vehicle inspections for me and I am extremely impressed with the service and after sales/inspection service. Anthony conducted the inspection on the initial vehicle only to find that it had a questionable past clouded by extensive vehicular damage that had been repaired and many other indications that the prevailing kilometers were not accurate. My 2nd inspection was much smoother and Steve told me the vehicle was honest and although needed a couple of minor repairs, the vehicle did not show any signs of having had major body repairs and odometer reading being realistic.
Will definitely be using you again and thanks for your service.
(both vehicles <100k km's and post 2012 manufacture)

Joey

Joey

Money well spent to make the right decision

I was hesitant at first whether to spend the extra money on a state roads vehicle inspection as the car was being sold with a RWC and had great mileage. But the $300 outlay for the premium package not only saved me the 10K asking price for the car but also a huge mechanical bill to rectifiy the engine problems with the car. The indepth report by Flavio and his follow up phone call provided me with the confidence to walk away from the sale. The detailed information provided was more than I expected and the inspection was arranged with seller on the same day! Probably the only loser in all of this was the seller as he missed out on a sale. Thanks Flavio. will definitely recommend your services!

isllzaumseil

isllzaumseilPerth, WA

Professional and spot on Service!

Very professional, punctual and spot on service! Highly recommending State Roads in order to make the right decision on purchasing a decent car. Many thanks to Perth State Roads Inspections!

Massive help

I used the lads twice, first they saved me from buying an absolute dud and second was for my current car. It runs like a dream and has no issues. I work away and not able to view cars easily, this service completely removed the worry of trying to figure out if they seller was having me on. Prompt and thorough. Would recommend

Tate W.

Tate W.Perth, WA

Would not recommend

bought a car after an inspection, within 1 week had a cracked head and now 2 weeks later a broken harmonic balancer car cost 16000 now cost another 5600 within 3 weeks got an inspection so I had piece of mind but then when I told the company they had the inspector call me who said not his problem was good when he looked at it big waste of money and a shocking service

Dean G.

Dean G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

State roads has a wonderful prompt service starting from making the call to the office with my details
The next morning I had a very detailed report which included photos of all aspects of the vehicle
Then, the follow up call from the technician which gave me the confidence to make the purchase
Highly recommended

Nik

NikGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incredible services

a big thank you to stateroads in Victoria the report was so detailed and the photos were very helpful it made it easy for me to make my decision to purchase the car it drives great

John F.State Roads

Your review is one of the reasons why we love our job, to give great service to all our customers. We are really glad that you had a great experience and thank you for leaving a review

Adam

AdamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

Thanks to the team at state roads Melbourne great detailed report and saved me lots of money and the car drive fantastic I will recommend you to all my friends and family.

Highly recommended!

Anthony was able to fit in a last minute Roadworthy Inspection/Safety Certificate for a car I purchased through a dealer in Victoria and brought up to Queensland.

In the end I was able to register the car that same day.

On time, prompt, knowledgeable, helpful and professional service. Highly recommended!

Hi Katie
Glad to hear you made it the same day and appreciate the feedback
Happy motoring

Steve

SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Professional service

Couldn't be happier, helpfull,professional, saved me time and money as I was out of state.Mechanic that reviewse the car phoned me personaly and was cocerned it was such a "bucket".

John F.State Roads

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback

Sylvia L.

Sylvia L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic service

Highly recommend this service to be done before you commit to purchase. Very thorough report. All completed within 24 hrs from initial booking call. Also had follow up call from engineer and had good chat about the vehicle. Good value for money.

Richard O.

Richard O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great help

Sorted me out they were just a real help and the knowledge was 2nd to none! I had no idea what I was doing but they made me feel like I walked out a winner!! Would 100% use again!

Hey Richard

Thanks for a great service flavio the seller agreed to repair everything you found and the car drives well now. You saved me a lot of money this week awesome service.

shane

shane

Awesome experience

Very happy with the guys at State Roads, there customer service was exceptional. The inspector who managed my car did such a fantastic job and I couldn’t recommend these guys any more!

Hi Shane
Thank you for the review, always glad to help when buying a car, thanks again and look foreward to helping with any vehicle inspections in the future
Stateroads team.

Pork

PorkMelbourne

Excellent service

Thanks Rick in Melbourne great service your report and photos
Made it so easy to understand your comments by phone and easy
to understand what you found faulty on the car.
I would recommend everybody to have stateroads inspect the car before purchasing first and save hard earned money.

Paul Woods

Paul WoodsSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent job.

Excellent job from start to finish. The man named Steve, was very friendly, polite and arrived on time. Did the job quickly and professionally. I would highly recommend this company.

Outstanding service.

Highly recommended fantastic service. Get this service before you buy a car.

I called 9am for an inspection and received the full report in the afternoon - appointment, inspection and report all within 7 hours.

The report is very thorough and has a lot of valuable recommendations.

Over 100 photos showing car externals, internals, under the boot and below the car: wow!

John F.State Roads

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, We really appreciate the feedback
Stateroads team.

Expensive. Poor communication. Good admin.

The receptionist Lisa is very good at her job; attentive and flexible.
Inspector seemed decent at first but failed to advise of some important issues picked up after buying the car. He then became defensive when brought up.
State roads did not return emails eventually. Ended up taking vehicle back so didn’t bother chasing them up.
Over priced for the service given which seemed rushed once they have your money.
Would personally not use them again.

John F.State Roads

Hi Ernesto we take all our reviews very seriously however we cant see a booking in your name nor do we know anything about an incident as such. Would you mind contacting us to clarify which job / vehicle / state it was please. 1300737450

Ernesto L.
Ernesto L.

Good Reliable Service

We had an inspection done on a used car and after the inspection we were able to speak directly with the mechanic who did the inspection. Go told us that the car was good and that it is the sort of car that he would personally buy. He reported that the brakes needed doing and we were able to get a reduction in the agreed price from the owners. The mechanic arrived on time and was thorough. I would recommend this service.

Pankaj W.

Pankaj W.asked

Ok so after a lot of research, I have narrowed down to State Roads & NRMA for Inspection of a car that I am interested in buying. From what I understand, the quality of Inspection also depends on the Mechanic assigned to do the job? (Based on Negative Reviews Posted here)
I dont mind paying $265 for Inspection but I dont wanna end up chasing State Roads for missing things in the report. Can you make sure that a Mechanic with a good reputation is assigned to do my job?

Hi Pankaj
All of our mechanics are a grade mechanics and have the same equipment and same training and in particurlar, body repair training. Over the past 25 years of being in the same business we have sifted through many mechanics and have an awesome team. We stand by all of our mechanics and we are happy to guarantee their work

kishletteasked

How long does a platinum inspection usually take to be conducted? After that, what's the estimated timeframe for when the report will be provided? Thanks for your help.

John F.State Roads

The inspection really depends on the car type and age km etc, also if the car has problems and/or been repaired structurally. We generally allow 3 hours for the inspection which includes creating the 6 page report and pics download. The mechanic will usually call you straight after he is finished looking at the car and you will usually receive the emailed report by the end of the working day at the latest.

kishlette

Thanks for the fast response - perfect.

Linda Paeleman

Linda Paelemanasked

What is the actual mileage without clocking?

John F.State Roads

Not sure exactly what you are asking?

Get an answer from our members and State Roads representatives