Stayz

Stayz

• Trip Completed Yes (85) · No (126)
  • Ease of Booking

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Worst Experience ever / Stay Away / 215 Stanhill Dr Surfers Paradise QLD 4217

$4,300.00 stay in a house infested with bed bugs. Bed bug are so big that we could see and catch them. Pictures of the bed bugs taken and showed to the GP we attended while on holiday due to the bites and it was confirmed. The property manager pretty much denied the medical certificate and the doctor opinions and said a pest control expert should confirm that over a medical opinion from a registered GP.
No apology or compensation was offered. Holiday turned into a nightmare for me and our family.

No Assistance

I had no assistance with a property stay. I was very disappointed in a property stay the stay was not as advertised. I complained to stayz and nothing done about it
Never use Stayz again

Brigid

Brigid

poor service

I booked a property, after contacting the owner, to find it was not suitable. The owner had given wrong information. I left after one night. I did not complain, write a review or ask for a refund. Now I get a bad review from the owner. I have not been able to contact stayz

Lidia

LidiaSydney

Beware of STAYZ

We were scammed by a supposed owner named [Name Removed] using STAYZ for accommodation in QLD.
Paid money to him and he has disappeared. Or so he thinks...
STAYZ are wiping their hands. Absolute rubbish company

Margaret

MargaretMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

one star too many

we have looked for pet friendly accommodation in various locations and have tried using STAYZ but it lists all accommodation all the time - In the title it tells you these are pet friendly but they aren't

Ridiculous website and service

I have booked a holiday rental in Huskisson, south coast NSW from 9 th to 16 January through Stayz (Home away group) with free cancellation advertised before a certain date. I then decided to cancel well before the free cancellation date and then the trouble began - whilst gone away gave their share of the refund, unbeknown to me that there is a local real estate mob take a giants share of the money and haven’t refunded that amount - it took 3 months of repeated phone calls to Stayz abs nothing happened. I finally reached the local real estate mob who refunded their share less transaction fee (not declared at the start).

Issue - Stayz doesn’t take any responsibility of getting your money back.

Booked property doesn't exist anymore and they don't know it

We have booked a property in GoldCoast for the Easter holiday, and to our surprise 2 days before the vacation (that too I called owner), we got to know that the property is off the market for months and its demolished. The owner confirmed that he has already informed Stayz months ago that the property is not available. Now to get the refund I have called their customer service n times but still waiting... Will never use this website again..

GIvemegoodservice

GIvemegoodserviceSydney, NSW

Property # 9074370 Ormeau Gold Coast! Total waste of time Julie Graves!

If kids under 12 are not allowed it should be stated more obviously Julie. It is at the end of description in a new paragraph. I suggest you start the description with the no children (under 12) Apparently it may take 1week for a refund, not happy. Stayz please ensure money isn't taken if criteria not met!

Lexus Lizzie

Lexus LizzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One star too many. Be very careful-Exorbitant booking fees

I will never again use this website. They advertise homes that are listed with other booking agencies and I was charged $60 booking fee by one agency and a shocking $204.60 by Stayz so $264 in total for a 4 night stay. I think this is outrageous. I did not realise I was going through two booking agents when I booked. I will be avoiding this company at all costs and going direct to owners wherever I can. If the Stayz site directs you to another agency advertising the property, I would suggest you ring that other agency directly and save yourself a lot of money.

Trip CompletedNo

Suzie

SuzieSouthwest, VIC

Outrageous "service fee" & terrible customer service - WILL NOT USE AGAIN!

In November 2020, I enquired for 4-night stay & was immediately charged a "service fee" - at time of enquiry, was I notified that I would be charged this rate IN ADDITION TO rate I was viewing on Stayz website. I changed booking to 2-nights and expected refund. My effort to email customer service, and then called TWICE, to be told it is their service fee & then they hung up on me (I wasn't being rude). No where was this additional fee included in what I was viewing on their website. Will never use Stayz again.

Kelli

KelliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exorbitant service fee!!!!

I booked a property for a stay in Phillip island through the Stayz website.
Initially my card was charged $101.20 - whisky awaiting the final confirmation for the booking dates.
Booking confirmed, received invoice for payment, property agent advised that service fee would be refunded after the stay, paid in full, had a great stay.

Contacted stayz about my refund, they advise that it is their service fee in addition to the Property price for the stay.

Service fee for what!? They didn't provide me with ANY service, All they did was post the property. I did ALL of the communication and payment then with he property agent directly.

Absolute scam.

Do not book with Stayz, rip off.

Terrible customer service and no support for guests

Owner cancelled 4 business days out of a trip. No one at stayz assisted to find a new place. Holiday was ruined. There is no customer help line for stayz and emails are operated through a separate company who do not listen to your problems.

Lorraine

LorraineVictoria

Zero communication

Booked with Stayz, then found out owner had left Stayz and was only using airb&b. Made many attempts to contact Stayz help centre and owner, through emails and phone calls to have someone verify if our booking would still be honoured. Eventually, we had to cancel as date to receive full refund was up. Other than acknowledging our emails, Stayz did not answer our requests until after they received our cancellation and then only to say they were sorry we had cancelled. Still no answer on our booking. Very dissatisfied.

Caron Somers

Never book accommodation through the Stayz website

Please read all of the reviews below they are true do not book through Stayz they accept no responsibility whatsoever for the property you have no rights with them they do not verify the content of the advertisements or the properties do not feel safe because they advertise on tv. There are many companies out there don't give away your hard-earned cash to Stayz use an alternative provider

Maggie M

Maggie MGoldfields, WA

Property for rental.

Spent one week at a property booked through Stayz in Victoria Park. It was not as advertised, many issues with it, not good value for $$. Would not book with Stayz again.

Wayne D.

Wayne D.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No Compassion shown to us, no reply to emails and given the run around.

We booked a holiday through Stayz and will never book with them again. We couldn't go on holiday due to covid border closures and they were happy to move our booking, but when my wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer I tried contacting them and got the run around and when I emailed them, no reply. All they care about is money not their customers.

Altin

AltinMELBOURNE

Very shady business. Does not care about anything but money in their pocket.

Property owner lied that we broke something in the house. Stayz did not want to involve and i was forced to contact my bank to get them to pay me instead as we were basically robbed by the property owner and Stayz is completly responsible.

Trip CompletedYes
George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Cancelled my booking 1 day out from the date

Russell M.

Russell M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst place I ever Stayzed

We entered the premises and smell of something dead was overwhelming, we complained and got told to leave if we weren't happy. The owner was rude (but only via text), the property manager was insulting over the phone the help from Stayz has been almost non existent.

Olly H

Olly H

Won't post negative reviews

The property we booked through Stayz was in really poor condition - unclean, stove not working, lights not working, bad local management firm. We wrote a fair but 2-star review with positives and negatives, it was not posted on the site. Interestingly no reviews have been posted for the month prior to our stay (summer holidays).
In addition to this, Stayz did not keep our credit card details private. Do not want to use this service again.

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.