Stayz

Stayz

Brand Manager for Stayz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (111) · No (201)
  • Ease of Booking

Ant
AntSydney

Extremely poor quality rental with no comeback for the hosts

I have rented many short-term rental properties over the years, but this latest one was the absolute worst. I understand that Stayz cannot necessarily stop this from happening, but they need to take action when it does. The property had many faults including leaking sewage onto the bathroom floor, AC broken, Stove and oven broken, holes in the walls, etc. etc. The hosts sent us to a different address to what Stayz told us to go to. Hosts lied about trying to resolve the issues. Stayz has done nothing to address the issues and the listing to this property is still up there. I would never use Stayz again as there is no protection for tenants.

Trip Completed Yes
Booking TypeAccommodation
Jodie
JodieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad business practice

Having our holiday postponed a year ago with Stays to go covid lockdowns we were told we could only have a credit not a refund. But after trying to rebook the last 6months to use the credit Stayz no longer has the accommodation we originally paid a $700 deposit on and won't refund my money or give me credit for another property .The 1800 number to contact is constantly having technical difficulty and the overnight number goes to overseas and they don't have to authority "apparently " to help. I have been constantly email with no response.
This company is fraudulent and has scammed my family if $700 deposit. Stayz is not a trustworthy website at all.

Clare M
Clare M

Disgusting. As a host, I do not recommend you book using Stayz.

Jodi
JodiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If I could leave less than 1 star I would.

Having tried to make a reservation on the website, only for the owner to let the request 'expire' as they have obviously realised they can make more money from other forms or reservation, I tried to contact Stayz to leave feedback only for them to be "experiencing technical difficulties" and my request to be deleted.

Will not be using Stayz ever again and will also never recommend them to anyone either.

Virginia W.
Virginia W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Anna Bay getaway

28 Morna Point Road, Anna Bay. 27-29 May 2022. The house was a delight to stay in with gracious & friendly hosts who gave excellent communication for arrangements. Well appointed, clean, modern & spacious with beautiful, relaxed decor. As a group of 6, it was a delight to relax & spread out. Close to beaches & walkways, made for some lovely strolls with lots of pics in such a beautiful part of the coast. Would stay again.

Baileys Mother
Baileys MotherGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling Guest Service

wheres g.
wheres g.Tasmania

Double booked!

Stayz booking system allowed an owner to take two bookings on the one night. We arrived to a full house and had to drive home in the dark. DO NOT USE STAYZ IF YOUR WANT TO BE GUARANTEED ACCOMODATION THAT YOU'VE BOOKED. Terrible.

Rose
RoseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DISHONEST - DO NOT TRUST

We booked a house 3 months in advance - paid the deposit and the full payment 1 month before check-in. Less than 24 hours before check in, the site cancelled our booking - no reason, no explaination - while are refund was give - we incurred extra charges which afte one month we are still waiting for reimbursement - do not trust the gurantee or security of this site - Apalling

Jack
JackMount Coolum

Dishonest, they do not honour their own advertising

They advised free cancellation before the first of August. After I cancelled the booking I received only part of the deposit. I asked for the entire deposit and they refused to do it.

Dee
DeeNew South Wales

My property listing has been put in the wrong area

I have read the reviews from people booking but it is impossible as an owner to get
stayz mistakes corrected. Emails don't get answered, phone calls are impossible.
If an owner refuses bookings they can get taken off the site.
Before you book make sure you contact the owner with all your questions. Do it in writing, not verbal.
Make sure you read all the information, don't think it is like an Australian site who would help. It was much better before it was taken over.

wade
wadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting on refund

I booked a place online but unfortunately the host cancelled the same day informing me it wasn’t available for those times. (No problem)
So the booking was cancelled straight away at the fault of the owner but money (deposit) had been taken from my credit card. That was on the 7th May and I still haven’t received a refund. Unacceptable. I’ve emailed (no reply) and tried to call (due to technical issues we are unable to take calls). What kind of business is this?

Accommodation cancelled Anzac Day Long 2022 weekend by hostess in Nagambie, Victoria.

Rob D.
Rob D.Goldfields, WA

Accommodation as expected but unneeded stress

Booked for 3 weeks stay and did not realise until after I had booked that they have a no cancellation policy within 60 days of booking. This I expect is unlawful and breaks consumer law. This is not on especially in this day and age with covid and having to isolate or change plans at a drop of a hat. Luckily my plans did not change otherwise I would have lost 3 weeks worth of accommodation until I fought to get it back.
This caused unnecessary stress and should be changed. The accommodation also had no smoke detector installed. Just seamed like a budget AIR BnB. Would not go through them again unless I was desparate.

Xuan Duy T.Sydney, NSW

Be careful overcharged and never look after customer

I booked a house for 12 guests and then my friends come over but they not sleep overnight after returned the house they charge $1000 extra because stay over guests

Ease of Booking
Xuan Duy T.

Never and ever on this travel website

Leanne. D
Leanne. DSydney

USE AIRBNB INSTEAD

Tracey F.
Tracey F.asked

Hi
I've booked a place in WA for November 2022. Looking at the host fees I've been charged $500 for an early arrival. I don't remember organising this. Any suggestions?

JILL W.
JILL W.asked

I want to remove/edit a review posted in error. How can I do this?

Shar R.
Shar R.asked

3 family members got Covid while staying in a Stayz Air BnB, the host is going to keep their bond of $500 to cover the deep clean, on top of the cleaning fee. Is that legal? I must add the home was not that clean on arrival and the host knew nothing about any process regarding Covid issues or deep cleaning. He even tried to make them lease another property he owned, because the property they were in was booked. Im half thinking the family may have become infected after they arrived at this property. I rang Stayz, the person I spoke with was absolutely hopeless and kept reminding me that it was all about the "host"