Stefmar

Refused to refund an out-of-date product, terrible customer service

Purchased a bag of timothy hay blend - a premium product - for my aging, special-needs guinea pigs. The bag Stefmar sent was 6 months out-of-date - brown, dry, dusty, and hard. I have purchased the same brand of hay from other suppliers for >10 years and have never once had an issue. I emailed Stefmar and was given a condescending excuses about "freshest by" (versus "best before") dates and harvesting practices, and incorrect advice about "rehydrating" the hay by soaking it. The importer does not recommend soaking the hay, and I have never had to soak the other hundreds of kilos of hay I've bought over the years. When I requested a refund, I was told to pay for return postage. So $61 hay went straight on my compost heap.

Lidia
Lidia

Great range of products

I’m a regular customer to stefmar and I’ve had great experiences with all the girls there,they are lovely and very helpful when I need help

Debbie
Debbie Sydney, NSW

Failed delivery

Placed an order and tracking says that my order has now been with courier for past 6 days, trying to get any response as to what's happening and typically no reply from stefmar won't ever be placing another order with them. Advise that everyone give this company a miss

Lyn
LynSydney Surrounds, NSW

Non delivery of order

I ordered the Rosehip for K9 as I have a 13 year old retriever. Order was confirmed and I received an email on 24/12 at 13:41 stating that product had been delivered 24/12 at 18:54. Red flag!! Math does not make sense. Needless to say I have never received goods; no proof of delivery offered despite many requests. Would not purchase from this store again.

Dont waste your time with Stefmar online. Rude and full of lies.

Once were great but now terrible. Tried through Ebay but they refunded money for an invalid tracking number. Stefmar responded by saying it was an invalid address which is completely false. No issues ever with other sellers. They have an excuse for all negative feedback but now ive found a better alternative which delivers with in 48hrs and free for i always spend a considerable amount with my extended family. Dogs, fish and birds.

Judy
JudySydney

Disappointing Response to online order error

I purchased online and made an error by not requesting the low fat version of the Prescription Diet Food I usually purchase from Stefmar. I did not realise my error until I cut the plastic sheeting covering the order down the centre and they would not replace or refund this purchase. I am not quite as clever on the computer as most and the low fat version is the same colouring as the normal version (only shows ‘low fat’ if you look carefully which I didn’t). I now have $100 worth of dog food which I can’t use. Thankfully our wonderful vet will take it off our hands and replace it with what my dog can have. Because of Stefmar’s inflexible approach I will never buy another item from them again.

Veronica C
Veronica CSydney, NSW

Bad management

Used to be an employee for a very short time. The owner was rude, dismissive and couldn't be bothered to properly train me. Made me feel incompetent when he was too lazy to properly demonstrate how to do anything and never gave me the space to learn. Had unrealistic expectations and no concept of people skills. Coworkers were okay to work with but never going back there again.

Store LocationMatraville
Justifier
JustifierSydney, NSW

Blatant rip off.

Returned 2 x 200mls packs and charged $21.00 for a return to sender with aus post. ebay bodge job protecting their sellers. Here comes fair trading.
Better still ill drive over there and see what they say before i turn the place upside down lmao.

Other Pet Shops

Do not deal with stefmar

Did not receive the product ordered and paid for. Will not refund my money, dishonest and untrustworthy. Stay away from STEFMAR.

Total mongrels to deal with, now lodging a complaint with Dept of Fair Trading.

Eddie
EddieMelbourne

extremely poor customer service

I purchased something from the ebay store and had it returned due to the item being faulty. They refused a refund as I have opened the box and removed the seal. Comical. The feedback on ebay was removed as it seems ebay protects their power seller revenue cash cows, apparently the wording "extremely rude" was defamatory to the seller.

Brett
BrettSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Never received the paid for items! Stay away from this company!

We ordered 2 x boxes of the Blackmores Osteocare Paws chews. Received one only. Called and they said "we had dispatch issue affected many customers, sorry" Promised to deliver box but it never arrived. Rang yesterday and they told us to take it up with Amazon and manager refused to discuss the issue over the phone. He ([name removed]) was heard in the background saying: "Tell them I'm unavailable".

Sally
SallyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor Quailty Control and Customer Service

We have used this online store in the past but they have now lost us as a customer! Poor quality control and the Complete Mix bag was damaged inside the box. They claim it was checked 3 times in Quality Control, the slit in the bag appears to be nothing more than the Greenies boxes puncturing the bag during transit and that the images also show very minimal loss of product and therefore can still be used. The product was not fresh when we received it. If it was packed properly this would not have happened. A somewhat arrogant reply to the problem and no responsibility was taken at all. Not even an offer of a discount voucher on our next order. Very poor Customer Service!

• +1Thumbnail

Stefmar stuffs up your order and you pay

I've been a loyal customer for years but no more. They incorrectly fill out your order and take your money. Give you promises of fixing the situation but don't do anything. They follow the no care and no responsibility customer service policy. They wear you out and you give up.

What a shamozzle!!! My ragdoll has become a ragedoll now because she couldn't get her food.

UpYours
UpYoursCanberra 2600, ACT

Fast delivery, great prices!

I don't know who they are or where they are but I've been ordering Royal Canin Cat Ragdoll 10kg for my cats for five years now. I always get a good price and it arrives 48-72 hours after ordering. My cats only eat this dry food. Don't know why but they love it.

Thanks guys.

Kay C
Kay CSEAFORTH

Great product and great service

These guys are great, we use them all the time. The product range is really good and the price are competitive. I recommend them.