Sterling Homes

See the Best Home Builders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Another Amazing Job

Third time building with Sterling Homes and dealing with Anthony Cristescu from the Parafield Gardens display homes and I couldn't be happier. Anthony continued to understand what we wanted for our home and constantly provided suggestions for us. He continued to keep us informed throughout the entire process and was just generally lovely to work with! Thanks again team, greatly appreciated.

Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Sales and marketing is excellent... TBC

April 2018-My consultant was/is [name removed] he is a great guy. Explains everything 100% makes some promises at times that doesn't happen however he is reliant on the rest of the chain of command. Not to mention he is a great salesperson and make you feel like a real customer and you are not wasting his time like most sales people. Good job [name removed].

September 2018-Then the selection department [name removed] wonderful. Friendly and made the selections easy and good advise.
October 2018-Council- [name removed] always friendly and assisted where she can. Pleasant person to deal with. Council approval Dec 2018.

Then the good service stopped. You have to call to get answers. 8 weeks into the year and our block is still Untouched. We were promised that we will have a slab in the first week in Feb 2019, tick tok tick tok.

Let's hope Sterling does not fracture this experience.

Build StageMid-Construction

Happy Sterling Homes Customer

My journey with Sterling Homes started in early June 2016 when I visited the Parafield Gardens Display Village with my Daughter. This is when I first met Anthony Cristescu who showed us through the 2 homes. At this point I had not considered building, however after discussions with Anthony after this visit I decided to consider the possibility of sub-dividing and building two homes on the site.
Anthony then assisted me by providing me with potential plans that would suit the size of my long and narrow blocks should I decide to sub-divide. He then further assisted me with details of contacts that could assist me in the sub-division process. I then proceeded with the sub-division, development and demolition processes required.
On 21/06/2016 I signed a contract to build with Sterling Homes.
After completion of sub-division and demolition at the site, selections for each home were completed and construction commenced in early December 2017.
Handover of both houses occurred on 26 September 2018 with the final result of the build exceeding my expectations. I found the build process to be a positive experience with the build being well managed and no issues experienced during construction. The final costs compared favourably to my estimated costs and any variation I required was dealt with quickly and efficiently in order not to delay the building process.

I would like to say a heartfelt thanks to Anthony Cristescu, Casey Van Hamburg, Matthew Flounders, Andrew White and Tom the Site Foreman for their assistance and support during the whole build process and also the many other staff that I dealt with along the build process, your assistance was greatly appreciated and valued.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Sterling Homes to others in the future and thank them for the beautiful homes you have built for me.

Kind Regards
Teresa

Construction End DateSep 2018

Very helpful and great advice

My first property development was made so easy with the assistance of Anthony cristescu. He assisted me with things that were beyond his duty of work. from helping me with knockdown until the completion. i really appreciate the effort and care taken to make sure everything went to plan. will definately get him to build for me again on the next development.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Great help, very accomodating and quick to reply to any emails

Planning with John Lea was excellent as we were first home builders john was very accomodating and helped us through the whole process

Stirling were happy and very quick to reply to any questions that we had during the build process which was a lot.

Was a couple minor paint touch ups needed before handover but he overall quality was outstanding.

Construction End DateSep 2018

Maintenance issue poorly managed and design issue not resolved

We choose to build with sterling for development purpose, post handover we found lots of issues to be sorted, due to new house need to be settle with nurse buyers, timeframe for the repair is limited. We tried to contact the maintenance coordinator several times, still no fixed time or appointment made. Always received feedback as ASAP but no reply afterwards. Never heard from the handyman for repair. We have been charged of penalty rate for delay settlement.
Also the design of the house is a issue, we did not request the change of door opening direct during color selection but it was changed in the final plan and light switches was located behind the door in the bathroom. Who would go into the bathroom and turn the light on behind the door.
Not recommended for developer who want to build their houses for sale. As post sale maintenance will be big issue.

Construction End DateAug 2018

Wonderful Outcome

Sterling homes didn’t just deliver a house but a home. From the initial consultation with Anthony Cristescu at the Parafield Gardens display home until the final handover we had no worries or concerns. A massive thank you to Anthony our building consultant and Casey from customer service who were very helpful and transparent with us. Without the guidance and support this process would’ve been a different story. This house is amazing and very high level of finishing beyond our expectations. I will definitely be recommending Anthony and Sterling homes!

Construction End DateMar 2018

Very poor workmanship and no pride in attention to detail.

Construction was completed then had handover inspection. Sterling Rep was very poorly behaved and seemed to be wanting to be somewhere else rather than take the time to listen to issues needing addressing. Rep had an answer for every issue being identified as well and stating Sterling not being at fault to fix this.

Window installers have been shocking and terrible. Dining room window was installed with a dent in the corner as if they didn't realise they hit it pre install and did not bother to get it fixed before being noticed by myself, the homeowner. Another window, this time in one of the bedrooms has been dented in the same corner pre install. But now, after the maintenance period has now passed, Sterling are at no obligation to fix this. Their resolution is to just install a piece of metal over the top to just cover up this dent.

Painters have not bothered to paint the wall space underneath the window ledges. Still shows the undercoat/primer, which is a different colour to that of the walls which are finished in a very light blue. The undercoat is clearly visible being a yellow colour paint.

Contractor was asked to install a door stopper to the skirting board itself and expressly told NOT to install into the door itself. This was the main entrance door which was finished in a clear stain and costing $1000 being a non standard wide door with frosted glass inserts. This contractor has then installed the door stopper into the door itself, then realising his mistake, removed the screw, patched up the whole with putty (a darker colour and very noticeable) and did not bother to notify myself or the building manager.

I will say that there was damage to the garage door during construction caused by kids, which Sterling Homes took on and actually replaced the damaged garage door panel.

First House, First Build, Couldn't Be Happier

Being our first house and build, we were extremely happy with our finished home. From the beginning John Lea was very helpful with planning our new build - taking into consideration council requirements and what we really wanted. He was upfront and honest with his quote, and any variation was minimal.

When it came to selections, Faye understood that we had a budget and never tried to push upgrades. She offered advise on our kitchen layout, powerpoints, and colour schemes, but always left the decision to us. We never felt rushed, and she made the whole experience enjoyable for us.

As with every build, hiccups always happen. Robin our site supervisor was always on the ball to rectify and manage everything. We could not have been happier having him manage the build.

Everyone we interacted with at Sterling was honest and made this a great experience. We would definitely recommend them, because they made the whole process smooth and stress free.

really happy

Thankyou to Anthony Cristescu and the team at Sterling homes. If I ever I have to build again I will not look anywhere else. Overall process from the start was excellent, Anthony was very honest and executed our wants and needs. He was very thorough and made sure we understood exactly what we would be getting, he was very transparent unlike alot of other builders/consultants we came across. During construction there was change of supervisors, but it didn't impact the speed or the quality of work. We have been in our house for more than a 6 months now and just love it. We had some delays in the pre-construction period and we found communication was quite poor. We would've preferred to be updated more often from the office staff but besides that everything went to plan. Thank you Anthony we really appreciate your efforts and have already recommended you to our friends and family.

Construction End DateJan 2018

Extremely Happy

The Quality and Workmanship was excellent.
Our Supervisor Tom gave us a stress free build.
Sterlings customer service was great and everything was explained in detail, and
any problems we had were fixed. We are an older couple and were concerned at building a new
home at this stage of our life, but Sterling homes made it a great experience.

Construction End DateDec 2017

Above and beyond

We walked into many display homes and were never taken seriously due to being so young, until we walked in to the Sterling Parafield Gardens display centre and met the man himself, Anthony Cristescu. An absolute gentleman, shook our hands on arrival and gave us all the time in the world from the second we stepped foot inside. As soon as we walked out of the office and into the first house on display, my partner and I looked at each other and smiled simultaneously, agreeing he was our man.

For a good three months we went back and fourth with Anthony trying to finalise a plan to suit our needs and most importantly our budget. Such a time consuming task generating plans and then the quote but he did it over and over again without a single complaint! He took all our our dreams and made it a reality, everything from the quality of the door handles, to the 2.7 ceilings and double shower in the onsuite, every single thing I wanted was there in the finished product.

I cannot wait to be able to build again, working with him was an absolute pleasure. For first time builders like ourselves, he made the experience simple and extremely smooth!

Anthony Cristescu is your man!

Construction End DateFeb 2018

A++

After speaking to many different builders my partner and I were almost ready to hang up the boots and purchase an established home. Then we walked into the Parafield Gardens Sterling display homes and spoke to Anthony Cristescu. He greeted us with a smile and handshake and the rest was history. When told numerous times by friends and family that it would be a nightmare going through the building process I was waiting for something terribly wrong to happen. Anthony and Sterling homes were very prompt and kept us up to date through the process. We had a couple delays here and there but besides that everything went according to plan with very minimal hiccups. The build took 6 months which is what Anthony promised and we couldn't be happier with the finished product. I will definitely be referring my friends and family to Anthony because he was honest and fulfilled his promises. Thank you Anthony and Sterling homes A+++

Construction End DateOct 2017

Great Quality & Quick Build

I have been meaning to write this review since August! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Sterling homes especially to Peter Finocchio from the Nortgate Display centre. You were so easy to deal with from the beginning to end & always got back to me quickly with any queries, no question being too small. You gave me your honest opinion even when my mind wandered & I am thankful for that as I can now see the reason behind all your advice. The build was quite fast, only took 6 months from slab pour, although it felt ages at the time, I now can appreciate that it was pretty quick in the grand scheme of things. The quality of the house is great, we only had a few minor things on our maintenance list, with everything being looked at/fixed within weeks of sending the list. All the selections that we chose have come together beautifully thanks to all the advise and help from the selections team (we had Bronwyn). If I were to build again, I would definitely give Peter a call. Such a smooth process. Great work Sterling!

Construction End DateAug 2017

Nobody said building a house is easy but we are lucky to made the right decision to go with Sterling Homes. Everyone was very helpful and professional specially Anthony Cristescu (Parafield Garden Display Home) who is always on top when things needs to be done. He helped us get through the whole process with ease and gave suggestions that will suit our requirements. Given a chance, will built with Sterling Homes again with no hesitation.

Construction End DateApr 2017

SLOW SLOW SLOW!

I can honestly say that this whole process has been somewhat painless with Sterling Homes as we are patient people (until now).
We are now 18 months into this and are waiting to hear from the supervisor to arrange our first inspection time - which feels like he is never going to call so I'll have to follow that up too. The time that this build has taken is a complete joke. Block was levelled out in June 2017, slab went down July, frame took 3 weeks and then sat there doing nothing for 3 weeks before roof went on, bricks took 4-5 weeks. The paint job is rubbish - we can still see silver gutters and there is paint splashed all over the top of our bricks! Also brick quality is terrible! We have multiple chips all throughout.
When you call to inquire about what is happening you seem to get a generic response and nothing that is specific to you or your build (although the office staff are very friendly). You wont hear anything from them unless you call. FOUR houses surrounding ours all started months after ours and are all finished and the owners are occupying. So WHY is it that Sterling Homes are the slowest builder going around? What takes so long compared to every other company?? I think they need to have a good look at themselves and fix this 'slow' situation. We were told it was a 12 month process which we can now see was a total lie as we have had no serious hold ups. It's been almost 19 months and we are still without a home. Very disappointed. Overall, the customer service has been great but phone calls to let you know what's happening would be courteous. The finishings also need some improvement - for a house which takes this long to build, you would expect less than average things that need to be fixed.

Construction End DateJan 2018

Downsizing for empty nesters

Having been unable to find an established home in our preferred area, and after looking at other builder's displays (not being impressed with the standard of their finishes) we decided to buy a house and land package from Stirling. The consultant on site was extremely affable and knowledgeable, so we bit the bullet and decided to go ahead with them. All in all it hasn't been too bad an experience, Stirling have done a pretty good job, the only hold ups really have been due to inclement weather, (you obviously can't dig trenches when the ground is muddy!). Whenever there was an issue, the consultant (Gary Pilbeam) was quick to come to our aid, allaying any concerns we may have had. Our Site Supervisor (Rob) was very attentive and approachable and all the trades we had were excellent. Building a home is never going to be easy, but all things considered, we can recommend Stirling Homes on a job well done!

Construction End DateJul 2017

Very slow!

Our house hasn't finished yet but so far we are not off to a good start. We have been waiting three months just to get the house dug out and poured and keep getting told it is the weather when the weather hasn't been too bad. There was one week I left them alone because it was pouring with rain all week but other then that there has been lots of time to do it. There is a house next door that in the last two months had the slab poured and now frame is up so obviously weather is not the issue here. If I knew they would have been this slow I would not have gone with them. The lady I talk to a few times a week is very nice but the excuses are wearing thin. I really hope by the end of this we end up with a fantastic house and the wait is worth it, because at the moment I am very unhappy.

Construction End DateApr 2018

Enjoyable Experience

The idea of wanting to subdivide and build two homes became such a success and enjoyable process after walking into the display home at Parafield Gardens and meeting with Anthony Cristescu. Anthony was absolutely lovely to work with and went above and beyond our expectations to keep us informed throughout the entire process, answered many of our annoying little queries and assisted without hesitation to any variations required. He was on top of it all and we are enormously thankful for the effort he put in. He notified the site supervisor straight away with any minor hiccups we came across and together they addressed and answered everything with priority and without asking twice.

The two homes were completed in just over six months at a very reasonable price and we were extremely satisfied at the final inspection with the quality of the homes. We will definitely be building with Sterling again.

February 5th 2019 Update: Another amazing job

Third time building with Sterling homes and dealing with Anthony Cristescu and I couldn’t be happier! Anthony, at the Parafield Gardens display homes, continually assisted with my queries and went above and beyond to find out all the answers. The build was completed within the estimated time and cost with no neglect to the finishing touches. Thank you Anthony and the team at Sterling once again!

Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateJanuary 2019

Downsizing with Sterling Homes a Wonderful Experience

From the moment we walked into Sterling Homes display village at Freeling and met Gary Pilbeam, to the date we took possession of our new home it was a smooth, fuss-free and well managed experience. Sterling, through their customer service support, and especially Gary Pilbeam could not do enough for us. Our queries were answered in a timely fashion and the workmanship and quality of the finished home is the best we have had, and we've owned a number of previous homes, two of which we built from scratch. We made a large number of variations to the original plan and all were carried out perfectly without us having to prompt or correct anything. The build was finished within the six months promised and the final inspection before occupancy was completed with no issues. We couldn't recommend Sterling highly enough and are doing so to all our friends who are considering downsizing.

Construction End DateOct 2016

Hi guys, we built with Sterling 3 years ago, moved in 2 years ago. The water pressure in our ensuite shower is virtually nothing but pressure in the main bathroom shower is great. Im guessing its a head or handle flow problem. Would Sterling cover this issue since the house is only 3 years old or do i have to call a plumber and cover the cost of the fix myself?
Sorry, I don’t really know. Maybe try Sterling and see what they say?

Hi did anyone built a home with Stirling homes in Gympie? , and what was your experience?
Did you end up building with them? We are considering them for our build too.Hi we end up building with them biggest regret in our life . They under quote you and also sweet talk you to hide their lies, they told us between 6 &8 weeks before they start building it been 12 weeks since we settled our land and they stil say waiting on council approval to me that is a lot off poo I wil never build with them again even if they pay me to and neither recommend themI'm sorry to say we engaged Stirling Homes Queensland to build our home and it has also been a nightmare. They promote that it's Stirling with an "I" as obviously the other Sterling Homes in Adelaide seems to get a lot of bad reviews but they both sound about the same. Sweet talk and cheap price at the front end and nothing but lies and incompetence once you are signed up and they have a hefty deposit and you have nothing much to show for it. I wish we had never heard of them. How they continue to do business is because people like me didn't look into them properly. A mistake I will never make again and probably the best advice I can give a potential owner is do your research- check the QBCC website, google them, ask for referrals which are not by staff members with an alternate surname, and go on to sites like this and ask others about their experience. If I'd done those things I would have run a mile! I think product review needs to create a seperate listing for Stirling with an 'I' (for Incompetence) - so people can share their experience and not get caught out like I did.

What can be done about the apparent fraud being committed by sterling homes. There appears a lot of the same type of complaints appearing on a regular basis. ...... Finding rock on site despite no indication on soil reports, this is interesting given that in many cases they have established the blocks and filled the block? ...... Need for more cable to meter box and hole, This is an obvious rort when they set the block and house position on block and why does it seem the same lengths are appearing in all cases? Does anyone else find these types of variances odd?
Yes that sounds like sterling homes to me and glad I am not alone. I believe that is how they make their money. At first the house and land build price is good better than other builders but I feel when all the extras are added to your account it brings the build price up on par with other builders and maybe even slightly higher. After all my estate was completely developed by sterling yes they brought the fill they planned the house positions they planned it all. They will tell you Actium developments isn't part of sterling homes but if you ring the developers office who would believe the receptionist at Sterling homes answered your call.Just an update, Sterling where asking for extra cable above their 10 m allowance, measured from pit to house, 4.8m ground to box 2m , allow .5 m down and .5m up for below ground component. That totals 7.8m well less than the 10m allowance, could this be classed as an attempt to obtain extra money by false pretences?Hello Everyone, I applied to work for Sterling Homes as a sales consultant. Whilst I have not heard back from them yet, I did have concerns about most of the comments here that were all similar to each other, as in the negative comments about people's experiences. Whilst I can understand the frustration of most of the comments on this site and can relate to all of them as I have built myself (not with Sterling Homes though). On the flip side of most of these comments, I did realize there are only 43 comments/complaints about Sterling Homes in this forum. Most of them were over a 4-5 year period. I feel terrible for all the people that had a bad experience Sterling Homes as it should not be this way when building a home. But you have to ask yourself as I have done after reading all the comments, this is a company that builds 800 plus homes per year. Maybe I will not hear back from them as most of you have said LOL (said with tongue in cheek). However, if I do, I hope I can turn things around for the better. One thing is true though, a building company can be let down or even destroyed if it is only as good as it's tradesmen. Cheers

Contact Number (08) 8340 1115