Sterling Homes

• Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Great Experience

In early 2019 we purchased a block of land in the Sovereign estate Tanunda.
After careful consideration we decided to build with Sterling homes and were introduced to John Lea.
From our first meeting with John, to the signing of our final approval on August 20/8/19 we found John to be so helpful and professional. During the build I met quite a few of your contractors on site, and they were very willing to answer any questions when asked. We were very fortunate not to have any holdups during this time and we were handed the keys in 2020.

Rosa

Rosa Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect

I would like to thank Anthony for helping me with the build of my new house. It was my first time that I have ever built and he made the process so easy and stress free. If I ever had a question he would respond to me quickly. Thankyou to Sterling Homes for building a stunning home that will be loved for years.

Andy5114

Andy5114Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Virtually no communication

My wife and I are so depressed and we haven't even done selections yet. I asked for an itemised contract and was refused, we received the Builders Indemnity Insurance and the "Declared Contract Price" is $40,000 more than the contract price we have. Will add to this as we go.

Darryl Lord

Darryl LordMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Positive and enjoyable build.

I have built before with Sterling and again found the entire project to be an enjoyable one. To my sales representative Peter who negotiated a great price with many extras, the selections team, reception, accounts and of course the supervisor Robin and all the tradies I say thank you for your efforts to produce a very nice home that will be enjoyed for many years to come.

Fantastic Builder!

Sterling Experience!

Ren  Linda

Ren LindaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

10th build & still smiling

10th build with sterling homes .
fantastic & functional house designing from Peter Finocchio all 10 homes.
Peter really knows how to design houses & the positioning of window, doors ,rooms that makes a great flowing home .
Our last build was managed well
workmanship/quality A1
final cost was spot on, as Peters estimates on the contract were perfect
Thanks Peter will see you for the 11th build soon

Great work and Excellent Consultant

Another Amazing Job

Third time building with Sterling Homes and dealing with Anthony Cristescu from the Parafield Gardens display homes and I couldn't be happier. Anthony continued to understand what we wanted for our home and constantly provided suggestions for us. He continued to keep us informed throughout the entire process and was just generally lovely to work with! Thanks again team, greatly appreciated.

Quintin

QuintinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sales and marketing is excellent... TBC

Teresa

TeresaAdelaide

Happy Sterling Homes Customer

Joe

JoeAdelaide

Very helpful and great advice

My first property development was made so easy with the assistance of Anthony cristescu. He assisted me with things that were beyond his duty of work. from helping me with knockdown until the completion. i really appreciate the effort and care taken to make sure everything went to plan. will definately get him to build for me again on the next development.

Build StagePost-Construction

Great help, very accomodating and quick to reply to any emails

Planning with John Lea was excellent as we were first home builders john was very accomodating and helped us through the whole process

Stirling were happy and very quick to reply to any questions that we had during the build process which was a lot.

Was a couple minor paint touch ups needed before handover but he overall quality was outstanding.

Construction End DateSept 2018

Maintenance issue poorly managed and design issue not resolved

Construction End DateAug 2018
Gemma

Gemmaadelaide

Wonderful Outcome

Sterling homes didn’t just deliver a house but a home. From the initial consultation with Anthony Cristescu at the Parafield Gardens display home until the final handover we had no worries or concerns. A massive thank you to Anthony our building consultant and Casey from customer service who were very helpful and transparent with us. Without the guidance and support this process would’ve been a different story. This house is amazing and very high level of finishing beyond our expectations. I will definitely be recommending Anthony and Sterling homes!

Dan A

Dan A

Very poor workmanship and no pride in attention to detail.

First House, First Build, Couldn't Be Happier

really happy

Construction End DateJan 2018
Paul B

Paul B

Extremely Happy

The Quality and Workmanship was excellent.
Our Supervisor Tom gave us a stress free build.
Sterlings customer service was great and everything was explained in detail, and
any problems we had were fixed. We are an older couple and were concerned at building a new
home at this stage of our life, but Sterling homes made it a great experience.

Construction End DateDec 2017
Jas

JasAdelaide

Above and beyond

Construction End DateFeb 2018

Shay O

Shay Oasked

Hi guys, we built with Sterling 3 years ago, moved in 2 years ago. The water pressure in our ensuite shower is virtually nothing but pressure in the main bathroom shower is great. Im guessing its a head or handle flow problem. Would Sterling cover this issue since the house is only 3 years old or do i have to call a plumber and cover the cost of the fix myself?

David and Chris
David and Chris

Sorry, I don’t really know. Maybe try Sterling and see what they say?

Worry1asked

Hi did anyone built a home with Stirling homes in Gympie? , and what was your experience?

Kate Mawson
Kate Mawson

Did you end up building with them? We are considering them for our build too.

Worry1

Hi we end up building with them biggest regret in our life . They under quote you and also sweet talk you to hide their lies, they told us between 6 &8 weeks before they start building it been 12 weeks since we settled our land and they stil say waiting on council approval to me that is a lot off poo
I wil never build with them again even if they pay me to and neither recommend them

Nothaapyeither
Nothaapyeither

I'm sorry to say we engaged Stirling Homes Queensland to build our home and it has also been a nightmare. They promote that it's Stirling with an "I" as obviously the other Sterling Homes in Adelaide seems to get a lot of bad reviews but they both sound about the same. Sweet talk and cheap price at the front end and nothing but lies and incompetence once you are signed up and they have a hefty deposit and you have nothing much to show for it. I wish we had never heard of them. How they continue to do business is because people like me didn't look into them properly. A mistake I will never make again and probably the best advice I can give a potential owner is do your research- check the QBCC website, google them, ask for referrals which are not by staff members with an alternate surname, and go on to sites like this and ask others about their experience. If I'd done those things I would have run a mile! I think product review needs to create a seperate listing for Stirling with an 'I' (for Incompetence) - so people can share their experience and not get caught out like I did.

Big Gasked

What can be done about the apparent fraud being committed by sterling homes. There appears a lot of the same type of complaints appearing on a regular basis.
...... Finding rock on site despite no indication on soil reports, this is interesting given that in many cases they have established the blocks and filled the block?
...... Need for more cable to meter box and hole, This is an obvious rort when they set the block and house position on block and why does it seem the same lengths are appearing in all cases?

Does anyone else find these types of variances odd?

Craig
Craig

Yes that sounds like sterling homes to me and glad I am not alone.
I believe that is how they make their money.
At first the house and land build price is good better than other builders but I feel when all the extras are added to your account it brings the build price up on par with other builders and maybe even slightly higher.
After all my estate was completely developed by sterling yes they brought the fill they planned the house positions they planned it all.
They will tell you Actium developments isn't part of sterling homes but if you ring the developers office who would believe the receptionist at Sterling homes answered your call.

Big G

Just an update, Sterling where asking for extra cable above their 10 m allowance, measured from pit to house, 4.8m ground to box 2m , allow .5 m down and .5m up for below ground component. That totals 7.8m well less than the 10m allowance, could this be classed as an attempt to obtain extra money by false pretences?

touchstone64
touchstone64

Hello Everyone, I applied to work for Sterling Homes as a sales consultant. Whilst I have not heard back from them yet, I did have concerns about most of the comments here that were all similar to each other, as in the negative comments about people's experiences. Whilst I can understand the frustration of most of the comments on this site and can relate to all of them as I have built myself (not with Sterling Homes though). On the flip side of most of these comments, I did realize there are only 43 comments/complaints about Sterling Homes in this forum. Most of them were over a 4-5 year period. I feel terrible for all the people that had a bad experience Sterling Homes as it should not be this way when building a home. But you have to ask yourself as I have done after reading all the comments, this is a company that builds 800 plus homes per year. Maybe I will not hear back from them as most of you have said LOL (said with tongue in cheek). However, if I do, I hope I can turn things around for the better. One thing is true though, a building company can be let down or even destroyed if it is only as good as it's tradesmen. Cheers

CategoryHome Builders