Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302

AdrianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What A Revelation

Purchased in July 2020.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for the 5 stars, Adrian. We appreciate your feedback. I have shared your review with Vince.

Jane

JaneNortheast, VIC

It’s failed twice already and the warranty runs out soon

Less than a year after installation the problem was a failed thermostat seal resulting in a corroded terminal. Last week it needed regassing. Both faults occurred in cold temperatures. The warranty runs out in September and I’m very worried it will fail again. (Not to mention the inconvenience). And by the way it is quite noisy and I’m very glad it is away from bedrooms. It seems to be on for hours at a time. I am however very encouraged that Siebel reply to reviews

Purchased in September 2018 at North East Heating and Cooling Wodonga .

Janet

JanetCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Noisy fan issues... Not happy

Stiebel Eltron water pump installed at my mothers place 30 March of this year. While expected leaking issues were resolved the Water pump fan is too noisy especially as the pump is located just outside a bedroom and the pump fan switches on all hours during both day and night. Lately the fan stays on for 3 to 5 hours at a time. I am trying to stay objective but I can't understand how a brand new water pump makes so much noise when the old hot water system made no noise at all. Very frustrated as it is having a major effect my elderly mothers life.

Purchased in March 2020.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Janet. We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact us on 1800 153 351 or email service@stiebel-eltron.com.au.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302 compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Bob

BobHunter Region, NSW

Was having issues but now am happy

We were having problems with the unit leaking alot of water and so running out. To Stiebels credit, they arranged someone to look at it and I was informed the units are quite sensitive to high water pressure, which I have. A pressure regulator install later, and all is well. Haven't run out since.

Purchased in December 2017.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Bob. We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact us on 1800 153 351 or email service@stiebel-eltron.com.au with the job number so that we can resolve this issue.

2 problems in 12 months

Purchased in May 2019 at Reece for A$3,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Brno

BrnoSoutheast, SA

Great product

Installed 2018 as part of a new build, No issues so far and has been a very good unit. Unit is on the external wall of our main family room and it cannot be heard from inside. Very quiet and keeps up with a family of 4 no problem. We run out of hot water occasionally but with most of us liking long showers it is hardly surprising...lol. Unit recommended by our builder who has used them in the past and he said that Stiebel stand by their product and have very good customer service. Hopefully I never have to find out...lol.

Purchased in July 2018 at Reece for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for the five stars, Brno! Much appreciated.
If you ever have any questions about your heat pump, we offer local support and are available on 1800 153 351.

StewartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

Purchased in May 2017 for A$2,500.00.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Stewart, Thanks for the 5-star review. Pleased that we were able to resolve the issue in a timely manner!

Caroline N.

Caroline N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problem with Heat pump

Purchased unit after totally lost everything in a fire in 2016, great up to now, today there was no hot water, just barely tepid. Not sure what the problem is or who can help with resolving this. Please call 0411029247.

Purchased for A$3,500.00.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Caroline. Our service team are available Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm on 1800 153 351. I have notified them to give you a call to assist with this issue.

Deborah C.South East Queensland, QLD

Faulty unit multiple issues

Purchased may 2018 list of issues after installed failed to run due to faulty weld and unit lost all its gas replaced under warranty
Issue two seal in top failed unit leaking water and as I’m on tank water had to turn unit water off between uses while awaiting repair unit again repaired
Issue three further issue with seal lower seal than first seal when repaired a part was dropped into tank that was replaced with dropped part left in tank
Issue four February 2020 no hot water unit leaking water between top and tank
Needless to say very unhappy with quality of this heat pump

Purchased in May 2018 for A$3,500.00.

RichardLawson 2617, ACT

Usually no hot water

Just buy it least 1 year. I think It is not good enough. Always stop work and no hot water. I need restart it every day. If not, I will no hot water to use on second day.

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

WillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 11 years on!!

Installed in 2008, replacing old electric storage unit. We have a family of 5 and ran it on a timer from 9am to use the heat of the day and it will only run for around 2 hours max in the coldest party of winter. Always had plenty of hot water. Cost around 50c a day to run as it will only need an hour to reheat in summer.
We have since moved to a new house in (2016) with gas h/w and I’m just about to get another Stiebel electron to replace it to save on the $1200 a year gas bill.
In short it has been a great investment and I highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in June 2008 for A$4,100.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

RichardVictoria

Unit Failure , Faulty Thermostats and Washers.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$2,799.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Richard. We are very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we can't find your name in our records and we would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact our service department on 1800 153 351.

whitbyoz

whitbyozSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

OUTSTANDING

Great unit. 2 yrs old now. Works perfectly and always has.
Hot water to spare even when we, 2 folks, have visitors, many times 3-5, always hot water to spare.
Quiet, efficient and reliable. Highly Recommended - not the cheapest but THE best.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your feedback. Pleased that you are enjoying your heat pump!

Malaki

MalakiPerth, WA

Great Heat Pump

Had the WWK302 for a few months now, very happy with unit. I was actually quite surprised how quiet it is, I'd say about the same as a pedestal/desk fan on low/med speed. Power consumption is about 600w & normally runs for about 4-8 hours per day. I do have two issues with it, one being the size but being 302L not much can be done about that (issue is more I did not provision for such a big HWS when building). The other issue is there is no timer/controller, so you will need a external timer to take advantage of solar production or off-peak tariffs.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$3,110.00.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your feedback. Pleased that you are enjoying the heat pump. We have forwarded your comments about the timer/controller to our R&D department in Germany.

Dutchy

DutchyBunbury

Heated up within 4 hrs from the start quiet operation and a great look.

no issue so far copes with our families needs well. looking forward to our solar power system to help out with the running costs soon. 302l is plenty for our families needs and worth the investment so far. only early days i will re post once the system has been operating for a bit longer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing more about the running costs after it has been connected it to your solar PV system.

Coho

CohoBlue Mountains

Incredible, very efficient compared to what we had

We've only just had it installed so I'll have a follow up review in the future. Initial impressions though are it's up there with some of the better investments we have made to our house. Not noisy at all as we've installed it under our house. A lot wider than the old one it replaced, required a new cement pad to sit on.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the new heat pump.

rs2000

rs2000

Stiebel Eltron 1 st class engineering

Only early days so far , First impressions ,quality German designed unit (made in Slovakia ), plumbing setup is standard ,will fit where your old unit was ,It is higher than most at around 1950 mm . Quiet operation , hums like a refrigerator , much quieter than others I’ve heard , energy use minimal ,this is what they are all about saving power . Back up heater element for heating outside of standard unit operating temps

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks so much for the 5 stars. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your new hot water heat pump and that it is saving you power.

Saltcastle

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Silvo

Silvo

Stiebel eltron heatpump

Stiebel eltron heatpump are leading the way in the hot water market as now we are able to truly help the environment and also pay back our financial investment compared to electricity in less than 5 years.
Its a no brainer!
An important part though to all, it must be installed by a licenced plumber who specializes with Stiebel.
Love german engineering

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Samuel N.

Samuel N.asked

WWK 222 / 302

I have the 302 in my Newly built house in Canberra. Very cold this time of the year.

My partner had an approx 20 min shower. I took a shower about 30 mins after her and lost hot water totally after less than 10 mins.

The hws has been running all day without being used. Is this normal ?? I've never had this happen before.

Sam

Hello Sam

Some advice for you. The weather has been unusually warm for Canberra for this time of the year, Our system went in about a year ago and stopped working after a minus 5 night in July, The software installed was not suitable for Canberra and new software had to be installed. This was covered by warranty but we had no hot water for about a week. You may want to be proactive and ensure the software you have is correct for Canberra.

The tempering valve supplied with our unit was not the correct pressure for our system as described in the user manual. I suggest you check this. Stiebel advised that problems with the tempering valve are not covered by warranty but did reimburse me when I advised the valve supplied was incorrect.

Where you have your unit will affect its efficiency. Ideally it should be in a position where the sun shines on it as this will help with the heat transfer.

Cheers

Ian

Radio Glasot Na M.asked

WWK 222 / 302

I have a 302 unit installed last year August 2019 in my new house, worked fine till now (Today) but today there was no hot water when i went to have a shower. I checked the fuse box and found the switch tripped? I put the switch back on and went outside to the unit, all i could hear was a click click over and over but no sign of the unit starting. Then returned to find the switch had tripped again. Called my electrician to check the power, who attended and who advised its coming from the unit. I need the service running ASAP??? Can anyone help me with this?! We need the hot water its still under warranty.

Stewart

Sounds like the first issue I had. I would call Stiebel Elton and they should come out tomorrow, they don’t work Sundays. Your Electrician will charge a bomb but StIebel should fix it under warranty.

Radio Glasot Na M.

You had the same issue with the switch tripping? What was the cause in the end??? What caused the switch to teip

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Radio. We are very sorry to hear that. We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact our service department on 1800 153 351.

Caroline N.

Caroline N.asked

WWK 222 / 302

we purchased the Stiebel Eltron after we were totally burnt out in a fire 2016 - has been working fine - but now only getting tepid water - no hot water - not sure what the problem is - would appreciate any thoughts. Located on Mornington Peninsula, please call 0411029247.

Will

Check tempering valve- should be blue or orange cap. These fail often. If you release water from the pressure relief valve is it hot? The valve should be labeled as to what it is. If its hot at the relief valve then it will be likely that the tempering valve is faulty. You could try and adjust the tempering valve using the cap or small handle that came with it. This may give a clue to the valve being okay or not also.

Deborah C.

We had water leak from faulty seal and corrodes the temp sensor wire off the anode easy fix and this is a known fault call the warranty agent ours was free under warrenty

Get an answer from our members and Stiebel Eltron representatives