Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302

• Heating Speed
Ding D.

Ding D.Hobart, TAS

Noisy fan.

I've only had this in for a few weeks but already I'm disapointed with noise it makes. It seems to pulse when on and it can be easily heard upstairs from it. For the money I thought it would be quieter and now I'm concidering going back to electric.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$3,500.00.

Adam J.

Adam J.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

1 rubber ring replaced, working again now.

Stiebel sent a very nice pair of service technicians to repair a rubber seal that was leaking, at the earliest opportunity...they reassured me of the quality, longevity and cost effective benefits of the 302...now I have calmed down after having no hot water for the weekend, I can say that the service was quite good, they took the time show me some cleaning tips to increase the longevity..looking forward to a warm shower...

Purchased in August 2018.

Household Size6 person(s)
robertbickle

robertbickleSouthern and Hills, SA

Rust Coloured Water!

Purchased in September 2019.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302 compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Peter of Canberra

Peter of Canberra

Stop press - stiebel have replaced it hooray - Fails at least once a year since year -

Purchased in November 2017.

AdrianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What A Revelation

Purchased in July 2020.

Household Size1 person(s)
Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for the 5 stars, Adrian. We appreciate your feedback. I have shared your review with Vince.

Jane

JaneNortheast, VIC

It’s failed twice already and the warranty runs out soon

Less than a year after installation the problem was a failed thermostat seal resulting in a corroded terminal. Last week it needed regassing. Both faults occurred in cold temperatures. The warranty runs out in September and I’m very worried it will fail again. (Not to mention the inconvenience). And by the way it is quite noisy and I’m very glad it is away from bedrooms. It seems to be on for hours at a time. I am however very encouraged that Siebel reply to reviews

Purchased in September 2018 at North East Heating and Cooling Wodonga .

Janet

JanetCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Noisy fan issues... Not happy

Stiebel Eltron water pump installed at my mothers place 30 March of this year. While expected leaking issues were resolved the Water pump fan is too noisy especially as the pump is located just outside a bedroom and the pump fan switches on all hours during both day and night. Lately the fan stays on for 3 to 5 hours at a time. I am trying to stay objective but I can't understand how a brand new water pump makes so much noise when the old hot water system made no noise at all. Very frustrated as it is having a major effect my elderly mothers life.

Purchased in March 2020.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Janet. We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact us on 1800 153 351 or email service@stiebel-eltron.com.au.

Bob

BobHunter Region, NSW

Was having issues but now am happy

We were having problems with the unit leaking alot of water and so running out. To Stiebels credit, they arranged someone to look at it and I was informed the units are quite sensitive to high water pressure, which I have. A pressure regulator install later, and all is well. Haven't run out since.

Purchased in December 2017.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Bob. We would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact us on 1800 153 351 or email service@stiebel-eltron.com.au with the job number so that we can resolve this issue.

2 problems in 12 months

Purchased in May 2019 at Reece for A$3,500.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
Ian Hosking
Ian Hosking

Brno

BrnoSoutheast, SA

Great product

Installed 2018 as part of a new build, No issues so far and has been a very good unit. Unit is on the external wall of our main family room and it cannot be heard from inside. Very quiet and keeps up with a family of 4 no problem. We run out of hot water occasionally but with most of us liking long showers it is hardly surprising...lol. Unit recommended by our builder who has used them in the past and he said that Stiebel stand by their product and have very good customer service. Hopefully I never have to find out...lol.

Purchased in July 2018 at Reece for A$3,000.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for the five stars, Brno! Much appreciated.
If you ever have any questions about your heat pump, we offer local support and are available on 1800 153 351.

Stewart

StewartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

Purchased in May 2017 for A$2,500.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Stewart, Thanks for the 5-star review. Pleased that we were able to resolve the issue in a timely manner!

Caroline N.

Caroline N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problem with Heat pump

Purchased unit after totally lost everything in a fire in 2016, great up to now, today there was no hot water, just barely tepid. Not sure what the problem is or who can help with resolving this. Please call 0411029247.

Purchased for A$3,500.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Caroline. Our service team are available Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm on 1800 153 351. I have notified them to give you a call to assist with this issue.

Deborah C.

Deborah C.South East Queensland, QLD

Faulty unit multiple issues

Purchased may 2018 list of issues after installed failed to run due to faulty weld and unit lost all its gas replaced under warranty
Issue two seal in top failed unit leaking water and as I’m on tank water had to turn unit water off between uses while awaiting repair unit again repaired
Issue three further issue with seal lower seal than first seal when repaired a part was dropped into tank that was replaced with dropped part left in tank
Issue four February 2020 no hot water unit leaking water between top and tank
Needless to say very unhappy with quality of this heat pump

Purchased in May 2018 for A$3,500.00.

RichardLawson 2617, ACT

Usually no hot water

Just buy it least 1 year. I think It is not good enough. Always stop work and no hot water. I need restart it every day. If not, I will no hot water to use on second day.

Purchased in January 2018.

Will

WillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 11 years on!!

Installed in 2008, replacing old electric storage unit. We have a family of 5 and ran it on a timer from 9am to use the heat of the day and it will only run for around 2 hours max in the coldest party of winter. Always had plenty of hot water. Cost around 50c a day to run as it will only need an hour to reheat in summer.
We have since moved to a new house in (2016) with gas h/w and I’m just about to get another Stiebel electron to replace it to save on the $1200 a year gas bill.
In short it has been a great investment and I highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in June 2008 for A$4,100.00.

RichardVictoria

Unit Failure , Faulty Thermostats and Washers.

Purchased in January 2017 for A$2,799.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Richard. We are very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we can't find your name in our records and we would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact our service department on 1800 153 351.

whitbyoz

whitbyozSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

OUTSTANDING

Great unit. 2 yrs old now. Works perfectly and always has.
Hot water to spare even when we, 2 folks, have visitors, many times 3-5, always hot water to spare.
Quiet, efficient and reliable. Highly Recommended - not the cheapest but THE best.

Purchased in June 2017 for A$3,000.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your feedback. Pleased that you are enjoying your heat pump!

Malaki

MalakiPerth, WA

Great Heat Pump

Had the WWK302 for a few months now, very happy with unit. I was actually quite surprised how quiet it is, I'd say about the same as a pedestal/desk fan on low/med speed. Power consumption is about 600w & normally runs for about 4-8 hours per day. I do have two issues with it, one being the size but being 302L not much can be done about that (issue is more I did not provision for such a big HWS when building). The other issue is there is no timer/controller, so you will need a external timer to take advantage of solar production or off-peak tariffs.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$3,110.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your feedback. Pleased that you are enjoying the heat pump. We have forwarded your comments about the timer/controller to our R&D department in Germany.

Dutchy

DutchyBunbury

Heated up within 4 hrs from the start quiet operation and a great look.

no issue so far copes with our families needs well. looking forward to our solar power system to help out with the running costs soon. 302l is plenty for our families needs and worth the investment so far. only early days i will re post once the system has been operating for a bit longer.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing more about the running costs after it has been connected it to your solar PV system.

Coho

CohoBlue Mountains

Incredible, very efficient compared to what we had

We've only just had it installed so I'll have a follow up review in the future. Initial impressions though are it's up there with some of the better investments we have made to our house. Not noisy at all as we've installed it under our house. A lot wider than the old one it replaced, required a new cement pad to sit on.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the new heat pump.