4.1

• Heating Speed
Ding D.

Ding D.Hobart, TAS

Noisy fan.

I've only had this in for a few weeks but already I'm disapointed with noise it makes. It seems to pulse when on and it can be easily heard upstairs from it. For the money I thought it would be quieter and now I'm concidering going back to electric.

Purchased in September 2020 for $3,500.00.

Adam J.

Adam J.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

1 rubber ring replaced, working again now.

Stiebel sent a very nice pair of service technicians to repair a rubber seal that was leaking, at the earliest opportunity...they reassured me of the quality, longevity and cost effective benefits of the 302...now I have calmed down after having no hot water for the weekend, I can say that the service was quite good, they took the time show me some cleaning tips to increase the longevity..looking forward to a warm shower...

Purchased in August 2018.

Peter of Canberra

Peter of Canberra

Stop press - stiebel have replaced it hooray - Fails at least once a year since year -

Purchased in November 2017.

Household Size2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron Eltron WWK 302 compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

RichardLawson 2617, ACT

Usually no hot water

Just buy it least 1 year. I think It is not good enough. Always stop work and no hot water. I need restart it every day. If not, I will no hot water to use on second day.

Purchased in January 2018.

Will

WillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 11 years on!!

Installed in 2008, replacing old electric storage unit. We have a family of 5 and ran it on a timer from 9am to use the heat of the day and it will only run for around 2 hours max in the coldest party of winter. Always had plenty of hot water. Cost around 50c a day to run as it will only need an hour to reheat in summer.
We have since moved to a new house in (2016) with gas h/w and I’m just about to get another Stiebel electron to replace it to save on the $1200 a year gas bill.
In short it has been a great investment and I highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in June 2008 for $4,100.00.

RichardVictoria

Unit Failure , Faulty Thermostats and Washers.

Purchased in January 2017 for $2,799.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Hi Richard. We are very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we can't find your name in our records and we would like to investigate this issue further. Please contact our service department on 1800 153 351.

Malaki

MalakiPerth, WA

Great Heat Pump

Had the WWK302 for a few months now, very happy with unit. I was actually quite surprised how quiet it is, I'd say about the same as a pedestal/desk fan on low/med speed. Power consumption is about 600w & normally runs for about 4-8 hours per day. I do have two issues with it, one being the size but being 302L not much can be done about that (issue is more I did not provision for such a big HWS when building). The other issue is there is no timer/controller, so you will need a external timer to take advantage of solar production or off-peak tariffs.

Purchased in February 2019 for $3,110.00.

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

Thanks for your feedback. Pleased that you are enjoying the heat pump. We have forwarded your comments about the timer/controller to our R&D department in Germany.

SaltcastleSydney, NSW

Stiebel Eltron Product and Company Integrity

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Great product - Great Service

When planning to build our brand new home, we researched the for best Hot Water solution and ordered a new Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump. We wanted a reliable and efficient hot water supply. We received great service and advice and our new heat pump was delivered on time so it could be installed when the builders required it. We have now been in our new home for about 2 weeks and are very happy with our decision. The Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump is super quiet and delivers plenty of hot water.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Chloe G

Chloe GPerth

So far so good!

We needed to urgently replace our hot water system with an energy efficient electric system. We have solar panels and after much research came to the conclusion that a heat pump was the most cost and energy effective solution for our set-up. Dan at Stiebel Eltron was very helpful. We purchased the heat pump through retravision commercial Osborne Park who gave a great price (much cheaper than competitors). We always have hot water, it's quite quiet (located behind our laundry) and our electricity cost has come right down to not much at all. So far so good!

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Awesome water heater!

We needed to replace our faulty solar pannels and the pump in the tank.The solar has been nothing but trouble so acter doing some research and getting a recommendation from a friend we decided to go with the Stiebel Eltron WWK302 system.

The install was done with minimum interruption for us and so far it's been great, hot water when we need it.

Worth mentioning that on some reviews that I read people were concerned about noise from the pump, yes you can hear it but it's a quiet hum that hasn't bothered us at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

So Quiet!!!

I've recently installed 6x Stiebel Eltron WWk-302 units at various locations.
Compared to the new units they are so much quieter, and no complaints from the clients.
We have also complete a few solar hook ups, great option!!!!! Simply and easily done, great selling point for some for clients who have are going to install solar panels.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
See all Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302 reviews

Ian

Ianasked

Eltron WWK 302

What is the normal electricity comsumption over a 24 hour period?

Sunny
Sunny

Dear Ian ,
Very good morning to you.
Thank you for your message.
Power consumption of a stiebel eltron depends on your usage. If you are comparing a stiebel eltron heat pump with a standard electric tank. Normally for a replacement at same house its 80 % less power consumption .
Hopefully this helps.

Vicki
Vicki

Have checked with Stiebel Eltron and below is the reply:
The average daily consumption on Tariff 33 Energy Bill is 1.9kW

Saltcastle

We are a household of 5 (4 of them female, I feel I need to mention that :-) ) with a WWK302 in Sydney. The geek I am I have installed a Watt meter on my unit which has been measuring the electricity usage for the past 97 days (1 Feb to 9 May). Total usage is 210kWh which makes 2.16kWh per day. So, multiply this with your electricity price (average is around $0.22/kWh) and that gives you a cost of abut $0.45 per day to run. Note that this period is the warm weather period in Sydney, so I would expect the consumption to go up as outside temperatures drop (less heat to pump from the surrounding air, cold water inlet temperature lower, hence more energy needed).

I have three different rates, peak, shoulder and off peak and I run my unit on a timer to only kick in after 22:00 when my rate is $0.12/kWh which results in about $0.26 per day or just under $100 per year. Hope this helps.

See all Stiebel Eltron WWK 222 / 302 questions