Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH

WWK300A and WWK300AH

See the Best Electric Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

countrygirl

countrygirlCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Sadly another 7 year death

Inherited this hot water service when I purchased the house 4 months ago ,and was happy to have a German manufactured system. Found it to be noisy but happy with the pressure and temperature of the hot water and the electrical bill. Sadly like other reviews a fatal leak of refrigerant within the sealed section, rendered the unit useless except for scrap.
Had great service from the gentlemen at Stibel who organised parts to be posted for best case scenario and also organised a second opinion at their cost. They were professional and above helpful.
The disappointing thing is such an expensive unit having such a short lifespan which seems to be a common issue. Despite the excellent service I could not justify another Stibel.

Purchased in January 2012 for $3,000.00.

Household Size 5 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Good till it dies.

Good for nearly 9 years but water leakage from top of cylinder led to total failure - apparently a common problem. Leads to corrosion and failure of heating elements at bottom of cylinder. Being European manufactured, I would say that they are not suitable for Australian conditions. Good initially but I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Purchased in May 2010 at Local Electrical & Solar Services for $4,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Norm

NormNew South Wales

Continuing problems

Purchased our heat pump water heater 4 years ago when converting house to solar, unit works great, continuous hot water at any time of day, however in the past 3 years we have had to replace the pressure valve 3 times, and now today 20/11/2018 it looks like it has gone again, has now come to the stage that we will replace it with a off peak model, very disappointing.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Not fit for purpose.

I bought 3 of these machines in 2010.
Since then all three have been replaced by stiebel Elton under warranty. This was 2 years ago.
Now they are all failing again, 2 have stopped working in the last 10 days.
They are noisy and I had to buy acoustic hoods.
I have given up with them and have replaced them with instantaneous gas.
They are a joke $3k each and a rubbish product.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible Service from Eltron

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Anna L
Anna L

Sol

SolPort Macquarie

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

I brought a Stiebel Eltron WWK300A back in May 2011, I live near the coastal area and it seems to affect those areas the most. Cylinders close to sea water erodes quicker. After 7 years now I'm thinking of buying something else having problems. Same problems as everyone else mentioned. Repair $1200 for call out and replacement of motor and cylinder.

The warranty only last as certain parts work. 1 year for all other parts, 2 years for Evaporator, 2 years for Compressor, 5 years for Condenser and extra expense may be after 3-5 years.
After Seven years having issues...

Total disappointment! Don't buy it!

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Damo

DamoMelbourne

Failed after 7 years

Initially reduced our electricity bill substantially. Fan makes a bit of noise but it worked well and keep our water hot and our winters are often -2 to 5 degree mornings. After 7 years it started to leak heavily from the top water outlet which cannot be fixed. Our friend bought one at the same time and they have needed to hit the reset switch every morning for 18 months to keep theirs going.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Marcelle Ogg

Marcelle OggBrisbane

Failed - Garbage

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Fotomate88

Fotomate88Scarborough

Extremely disappointed - by the product, and also the company!

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Ted

Ted

Failed after 8 Years Throw in the Bin

Date PurchasedJul 2008

Great product

Got mine about the 6 years ago under a government incentive program in SA. They can be a little noisy due to fan running but isnt too bad, they will run longer in cold weather.....i have a smart meter which allows me to boost during the day when ambient temps are higher. Have not had a problem with support from company as i rang them because i had concern with pressure relif valve opening a little, they sent a new valve which i havent replaced yet as i havent got around to it. Not an issue really. Temps do get down to minus 2 where i live during winter.....my brother has one as well and we are both happy. Overall a very good system.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

TheFactsSydney, NSW

Poor product, poor service, major disappointment with a German product.

Date PurchasedDec 2012
TheFacts

update 02/2019 - again , no issues a year later. Looks brand new.

Sharon

Sharon

Expensive, noisy, does not provide value for purchase price.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Great customer service!

I wrote the previous review 'Not Happy Jan' but now must retract some of my sentiment as the supplier in Melbourne backed up the warranty even though it was a month out and has just replaced the unit. The tradesman who turned up was polite, informative, skilled and helpful. I couldn't be more happy. The heat pump is producing steaming hot water, the unit is quieter and its no more cold showers for me! Thankyou!

Date PurchasedJan 2012
HXBischof

HXBischofAU

Purchased 2 units and both work just fine.

One unit has been in operation for one year, the other for 3 years. I have them indoors (laundry and garage) where you can hardly hear them but where they are protected from the elements. They are on a timer to come on when we are usually out. The water is always hot and it uses very little electricity (about 50 cents a day). They have never missed a beat. One replaced a useless Solar HWS which cost over $4000 and never worked. After that company went belly up I switched to Stiebel Eltron and so far I'm very pleased with their product.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

BOBASYDNEY

WHAT AN EXPENSIVE MISTAKE

Date PurchasedAug 2009

5 years of hassles

At least once a year we have to call a technician in to sort out our 2 x heat pumps. Unacceptable!!! We now once again have no hot water and we have 2 huge heat pumps. Ultra rubbish. I would like someone from Stiebel Eltron to come and fix or remove these heat pumps.

Stiebel Eltron
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

John B

John BCairns

7 Year Failure

It appears that 7 Years is the limit of these units.
Same problem in most of post's i have read, the Technician Stiebel Eltron advised me to use told me that it had a Gas Leak and was irreparable due to Incorrect installation and Suggested Replacing the unit.
This advise cost me a Total of $467.50.

Simon N.

Simon N.asked

WWK300A

Is it true that STIEBL ELTRON heat pump hot water system need direct electricity form Switch,
Board and normal electrical plug is inadequate.

Simon N.

Simon N.asked

WWK300A

Is is true the STIEBL ELTRON heat pump hot water system need a Special electrical Switch,
Board.

John

Has to be a dedicated feed from the switchboard i.e. cannot share a feed with a power point or other service.

Stiebel Eltron
Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

John's response is correct. We'd like to add that the breaker size required for the standard models is 10A (WWK 222 / WWK302), and 16A for the element models (WWK 222H / WWK302H). Feel free to call us on 1800 153 351 if we can assist with anything else.

Norm

Normasked

Hello we have had our WWK300AH for going on 5 years, in this time we have had no real problems with pump, except for external fittings.
However our pump has not turned off for over 2 weeks now, I have contacted our plumber and he has advised us that he thinks it is a sensor, and would need to be replace fix by a a/c mechanic.
Could you enlighten me as to is this a easy fix and do the parts exist,
We are happy with our system and would like to keep it.
hope to hear back from you soon
cheers