Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.2

COUGHT FIRE-be careful before purchasing it

Purchase this vaccum few month back, today it started smoking all of sudden and than turned into flames, within seconds it was all melted down. I got burns on my feet. I was lucky enough that it did not happened into rooms, otherwise It could have burned my house. I am very disappointed.

• +1

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$89.00.

Ready01

Ready01South East Queensland, QLD

BE CAREFUL - FIRE HAZARD

Purchased this Vaccum in September. Whilst using it on tiles, the vacuum started smoking a lot and before I could turn it off, it burst into flames. If his had happened on carpet, there could have been serious damage as my house could have burned down. Please be careful whilst using this product.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for A$89.00.

Sakura

SakuraSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great suction, but head falls off every three strokes

Okay on floor boards, has good suction and beat my clapped out old dyson however as soon as I try to vacuum carpet, the head repeatedly falls off. It doesn't "click" on, just pushes on and no matter how hard I push it on, it falls off soon after.
I spend half my time vacuuming bending over to push the head back on. Very annoying. Also quite poorly put together with sponges for filters, feels very cheap but it was cheap so..

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for A$89.99.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how ALDI Bagless Vacuum Cleaners compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

brisang11

lasts for a couple of years if you are lucky

They go ok, I have had two, the first lasted about 4 years, the second only 18months. They just stop suddenly when they get too hot. If you leave them for a few hours they'll go again, no use if you have a house, maybe ok for a small flat. I have to change the filters every 4 weeks (my old Dyson lasted 6 months before the filter needed cleaning). Going back to Dyson.

Purchased at ALDI for A$100.00.

Floor TypeWood

Great Vacumn!

I have used this for 3 years now. The strongest suction I have found in an inexpensive or any other vacuum. My friend used it today and agreed. She said the best vacuum she has used. She wants one.

Purchased at ALDI.

Product is usedMonthly
Lara

LaraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero suction

Worst suction I’ve ever seen in my life. Waste of time and money. Because it won’t suck anything up we basically just put the brush down and use it like a broom.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$50.00.

Clogging IssuesYes

GondaliniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of time and $. No stars.n

2000watt easy home cyclonic bought in bendigo 2020 and just found out they were dumping old stock from 2018.
Loud as hell and lots of heat but wouldnt pull the cream off milk.
No issues with anything getting stuck in it coz nothing would go in.
I used it to suck up some plaster dust then chucked it on the rubbish heap.
An insult to anyone who sells them.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$55.00.

Product is usedRarely
Michael B.

Michael B.Northeast, VIC

Great value for money item.

Happy with this purchase.
As stated by manufacturer, these units really need regular filter cleaning to be effective.
Definitely worth the money and performs on all surfaces... Recommended over other vacuums that cost 4 or 5 times as much.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$89.00.

amit

amitSydney, NSW

worst

it broke in 2 months
stars and runs for few minutes
suddenly stops working
not sure what to do with this one now
I bought it in aldi dec last year and broke in 2 months

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for A$49.00.

Mrs Biehler

Mrs BiehlerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vacuum cleaner

This vacuum cleaner is wonderful I love how it picks up dust in the house it's got a good suction I would recommend it to anyone go theere Kmart it's got good products

Purchased in February 2020 at Toombul for A$99.00.

Product is usedDaily

rina

rinaSydney, NSW

very very good

love it cleans sucks well and great price ! i use it on my tiles to suck all different types of rubbish as i have kids at home they make big mess. it does the job well it even cleans well on carpet i use it in the rooms. i definitely recommend it

Purchased in January 2020 for A$49.99.

Product is usedDaily
Emwalerc

EmwalercMelbourne

Doesn't work at all

This vacuum cleaner does not work well at all. I returned it as quickly as I could. I wouldn't purchase vacuum cleaners from Aldi anymore. I will also be hesitant in purchasing any other products from there but at least they have a good returns policy. Doesn't suck anything up at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Idubbbz

IdubbbzMelbourne

Do not buy!

Worst ninety dollars I've spent. Suction was decent for less than two months. Wish I could get a refund will most likely contact their support team and see if there is anything I can do. Power Cord is fairly short and is marked for maximum length but the marking rubs off very quickly. Please save your money

Date PurchasedNov 2016
John K

John KMelbourne

Ok I guess

Bought for <$100 and thought it was great to begin with. I found the suction to be fantastic in comparison to my old piece of junk but have noticed that it struggles recently. Cons hair is a killer and I'm just over six foot and find the handle too short

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Riss

RissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner

I have had this vacuum cleaner cleaner for over a year now and still love it. I must admit, it doesn't glide over the floor when pulling it but it's been fine. The suck starts to get bad after awhile of using and I have to do a full clean of it (including washing the sponge etc in the filter) and after that it runs well again. I'm especially happy with the price I paid for it!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Fiona

FionaSydney, NSW

High performance and low price

Vacuum timber floor, carpet, rug and tiles...
Can adjust heads to suit smooth or porous surfaces.
Also can adjust engine power depending on the heavy duty or not, save power.
PRICE is good, reliable quality

Purchased in April 2017 at ALDI for A$150.00.

Shocked

ShockedSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK. Not very robust

Used this vacuum cleaner for about 18 months. The thingie broke that joins the vacuum to the hose. Couldn't get a replacement. Chucked it out. Ok value for the $ spent.

Francesco R.

Francesco R.Sydney, NSW

Ab fab - Why is it discontinued please bring it back

I have bought two of these machines and have been wwaiting for them to be stocked again. Amazing machines, great suction, hard floors and carpets. They have taken a beating as I clean several apartments with them. I would buy again if they were to be placed back into stores. The hose gets clocgged occasionally, but it is no different to other machines I have owned and I have been able to clear oit with relative ease. The filters need to be cleaned regularly, but I am able toi do my whole 4 bedroom home easily in one go. ALDI, please bring it back

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for A$95.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Clogging IssuesYes
Ramjet59

Ramjet59Canberra

Works great first time. Only. That's it.

The first time I used this I was so impressed I encouraged my significant other to get one for her house.
Second time I used it, it lost a huge amount of suction.
I emptied it and cleaned the main filter, still no joy, it was just never as good as that first time, ever again. Maybe 50% as powerful is the 'norm'
The pipe size seems to be non standard too as no other fittings from other vacuums fit on, this is the first time I've ever had this problem.
This was a controlled test because my partner suffered exactly the same fate. She wants her $99 back.... from me!

Purchased in February 2019 at Aldi for A$99.00.

Bikash Sunuwar

Bikash SunuwarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Yeah the vacuum cleaner works perfectly .

I usually use vacuum cleaner in the rugs,carpet .Yeah it works perfectly and smoothly and does not take extra time for cleaning.No till now I haven’t got any issues with the vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in February 2019.

Mary

Maryasked

Easy Home Multi Cyclonic 1400W (Mar 2014 - Mar 2017)

The vacuum pulls so hard that we cannot slide the brush end across a carpet. Either the brush end comes off or it will not move. We have tried changing the switch on the brush and opening the air adjustment on the wand. Even together they do not solve the problem. What can I do?

James Jimmy G.

James Jimmy G.asked

Stirling / Easy Home Multi Cyclonic 2000W (Sep 2014 - Sep 2019)

Recently bought the aforementioned vacuum cleaner, which has now stopped working for no obvious reason. The accompanying manual suggests checking for blockages, which I have done....it’s still dead. Could someone provide any further advice what else can be done to fix the problem?

brisang11

I found mine would stop working when it got hot, but would be fine the next day when it had completely cooled down. It may also need the foam filter cleaned? they clog easily.

Vic Nguyen

Vic Nguyenasked

Stirling / Lumina / Easy Home Cyclonic 2000W (2013 - 2020)

How can we buy the replacement filters for this model { ALDI Stirling / Lumina / Easy Home Cyclonic 2000W (Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Nov 2015, Nov 2016, Nov 2017, Nov 2018) } ?

Gondalini

Take the filter to bunnings, they have filters for most vacs, or godfreys they sell filters most but not sure if these can be classified as vacuum cleaners as their inability to suck the cream off a coffee but make alot of noise.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 6 ALDI Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$99.99A$99.99A$99.99A$49.99
Bin Capacity3.5 L4 L2.5 L3.5 L
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length5 m8 m6 m5 m
Power2,200 W2,000 W1,400 W2,000 W
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateMar 2018Sep 2014Mar 2014Dec 2013