Stirling (Aldi) STR-23RSJAIF (2.3kW)

Stirling (Aldi) STR-23RSJAIF (2.3kW)

See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul G.

Paul G.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish. The unit failed after 8 months, E0 error. Contacted Stirling about warranty they replied asking for details which I gave them and then never heard from them again.

JeffIllawarra, NSW

good air conditioner with great warranty service

The AC works well it just has a slightly long delay before it operates. Had slight issue with outside unit power board which was resolved without any issues by Tempo. Great company to deal with.

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for $599.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom

AngusSydney, NSW

Buyer Beware

Purchased in October 2016 at ALDI for $599.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Small Bedroom
Elsie C

Elsie CBrisbane

Amazing

It is so good and very good and it works amazing and my favourite product from the good guys! I got 2, and the do the job! I think there are the best. The way they work is easy to set up and place on! It works so well! All people should have it!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Stirling Split System pathetic

I bought the Stirling 3.8 Split system at Aldi in Dec 2017 and the heating component does not work at all. I have had to call Stirling seven times who have given me the run around. I eventually spoke to an electrician from Stirling who said this is a common problem would order me the parts if they are not on back order. A month later and nothing. Will never buy anything from Aldi.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I bought 2 of these and they are fantastic work perfectly, I would definitely buy again. 1in the bedroom 1 in the family room using on heat now for winter large one in the family room warms our very large room. Smaller one in bedroom is excellent as well. Thank you

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Stumpy

Stumpy

Certainly beats the heat

We brought this unit thinking for such a low price if it only done our bedroom I would be more than happy at such a low price and as I work shift work we would use it in the hottest part of the day n it would do the whole 30 square house and I would have to put my hands in front of it to see if it was working it was so quite n it took one man 3hours to put it in n he commented on how easy it was to install

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Peter K

Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Exactly what I wanted. Works well. Low power consumption.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Archi

ArchiPicnic Point

Would pay more a branded unit

The ac unit was very noisy and took a long time to start. And when it did it would start off very loud and then come back to normal.
The thermostat was really fiddly and woukd often switch off.

No memory function on the directiinal swing would need to adjust it evertime.

The airflow wasnt great. And overall wouldnt recommwnd it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Eugene66

Eugene66Brisbane

Good Split System

Happy with cooling and heating performance
Quiet
Installation was Ok
This system is easy to use, manuals give full detailed information how to install and use
Not happy that power light is always on.
Plastic finishing of indoor units is not of high quality
Had to spend time to remove stickers from indoor unit.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

gr3gw

gr3gwSydney

Aldi Stirling Air Conditioner

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lynette

LynetteBrisbane

2 units puchased - just going through warranty process with 1 unit

Bought 2 units in October 2014, installed and been working great up until 1 unit stopped cooling about 6 weeks ago. Now going through the warranty process to have it replaced as it lost all it's gas and caused corrosion. Other than this I found the units quiet, east to use and practical in the 2 areas used in. We'll be using the remaining unit a lot more now as we didn't use that one as much as the problem one......just to see if the same thing happens to this one.....lucky there is another 2.5yrs warranty left. Really hoping we don't have the same problem. Fingers crossed!

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Keza

KezaGold Coast

Possibly should of spent more money and purchased a better one

I am a first time purchaser of an air conditioning unit
.My partner did a lot of looking around and said this one would suit .
We purchased 1 for upstairs lounge /dinning and 1 for downstairs in the main bedroom.
I am happy with the one downstairs except for the bright standby lights .I have had to put a sheet over it at night cause the light is so bright .
The one upstairs had to be re gased as the gas leaked out prior to installing.
I find this one is not at all suitable but that is not Aldi's fault.
The units are very quite . And the remote is easy to use .

Lino45

Lino45BRISBANE

Seems to use way more power than claimed.

Doesn't cool effectively

On a hot day this small unit does not cool my very small home effectively, it is fine with heat but not cool. I have to put the temperature on 16 but it only feels like 24 degrees .The unit was very reasonably priced but cost a lot to install. To get another is just too costly.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
PAFMELB36

PAFMELB36Melbourne

Aldi $599 Air CON

Date PurchasedDec 2009

Carly M

Carly MIpswich

Not a bad unit one issue

We have only had this installed a day, so far it cools effectively. The only issue is that you can't make the power indicator turn off. So when you want to go to bed you either have to put up with a fairly bright blue illumination or turn the power to the unit off at the wall (which is outside on a standard installation).

Haz

HazBrisbane

Cant complain

The a/c unit was relatively cheap and was 4 stars (out of six) on the diagram. One issue was the wiring diagram was a little confusing and the electrician/fridgy guy had to seek another from Stirling themselves. Apart from this the unit works perfectly. The advantages are:- it has mobile vents up/down and side to side, very simple remote control, quiet inside and outside operation, they didnt have to run a seperate wiring circuit (which saved on installation) and a huge 5 year waranty. Not sure about running costs as I havent got the first bill yet. Cant fault it!

Robbie

RobbieGippsland, VIC

Awesome split stsyem

Date PurchasedJan 2013

See all ALDI Split System Air Conditioners reviews

Doggiesasked

We bought a sterling air conditioner from Aldi an we do not know how to set the air conditioner to heating. Can you please advise us what is needed to do to make heat come out and then how to set it to cold? Antonietta

Jeff

Open the battery flap on the control there you will find two small switches. Change it but you will have to take battery out and then replace it. Regards Jeff

Doggies

Thank you for replying but the unit is mounted (of course) high on the wall. Where is it found--on the left or right hand side of the unit or underneath? We are unsure if there should be a 'special' symbol on the remote which is displayed when it on heat. I do not know where my mother has placed her instruction booklet- sorry.

Tracasked

I keep getting which looks like EA flashing what does this mean the air conditioner will run for a short time then this happens help please cheers Tracey

Jeff

If you contact tempo they are very helpful. No doubt it will be outside units power board as it was in my case.

ok thank you Jeff

Robert J

Robert Jasked

I have P0 flashing.and also
E9. Both not listed in instructions. Any ideas.
Robert

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

CategorySplit System Air Conditioners