Streets Splice Pine Lime

Streets Splice Pine Lime

Madi Cook

Madi Cook South East Queensland, QLD

Yummy!

I love the tangy fresh pine-lime icy /ice-cream combo. The other flavours are great too, when the shops stock them. Streets have been making them since the 50's, so many other people love them too!

Purchased in February 2021 at IGA for $5.00.

Peter E.

Peter E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great tasting icecream

Unable to find any at local supermarkets. Woolworths near me have said they are unable to place orders for this product. Dont know why it would be out of stock and unable to order. Must be a problem with supply chain or at Streets itself. I liked them when they were a bigger size. They should sell both sizes.

Purchased in January 2021.

Rich

RichBrisbane

Magnificent

Just delish. Refreshing, sweet, tangy and quenching. This treat has it all. Thirty words is far too many to describe it because of it's simplicity.
Anyone who thinks otherwise has no taste.

Andrew

AndrewNorthern Region, NSW

Who thought shrinking the product was a good idea?

I purchased a box of pine/lime splice today and noticed the box was different. When we got home I opened the box and felt ripped off. Yet another company shrinking the product, changing the recipe and then wondering why their market share has dropped and eventually discontinue the product because it’s not performing. Even the sticks they come on are smaller. If you have a product that’s been around for ever and it’s not performing, changing the recipe that’s contributed to its longevity in the market place to use cheaper ingredients and then reducing product size is a sure way to fail as many before you have.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles.

Paula

Paula

it is smaller and it falls off the stick

My mum who is 93 years old has had these for a long long time: she came in with the new box of 'same great taste just a new box' stating that they weren't the same thing. I looked closer and they looked smaller and fell off the stick. When I wrote to Streets, they wanted to know the barcode, the date of purchase and where I bought it. ..

Purchased in December 2020 for $5.00.

Can't find 8 pack ??

Or woolworths Ultimo Road has stopped stocking it - it's the best and I need to know when they restock !

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $8.00.

The BEST icecream on the market

Splice icecreams are a game changer... they are the GOAT. If anyone doesn’t agree then we can’t be friends

Purchased at Woolworths for $7.00.

Trinity

TrinityGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

SMALLER & DOESN’T TASTE AS GOOD AS BEFORE

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Burnt-Twice

Burnt-TwiceAU

As Good As Ever

Low fat ice cream nowadays, but just as creamy and tasty as ever, and still made in Sydney.

Made from 24% lime/pineapple fruit juice.

Aldi sell an 8 pack for $4.99, whereas it's $7.00 at Coles & Woolies.

2 thumbs up!

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $4.99.

Michelle A

Michelle A

Tastes disgusting.

Extremely disappointed and very confused as to why Splice now tastes like rosemary or some sort of herb?! So gross that I couldn't even have more than 2 licks. Won't be purchasing again unless I hear the recipe is back to original.

Purchased in April 2019.

Mushman

MushmanAdelaide

Shrinking in size and quality.

Wow what a disappointment! The first thing I noticed was the size, two thirds what it used to be. I’m fed up with our favourite food items shrinking in size, yet we pay just as much, or more. Also, I agree with many of the reviews above in regards to flavour. Definitely different and another example of cost cutting. Arnotts gave it a go with their ‘shapes’ biscuits and look what happened there. Sales dropped significantly and they had to resort back to the old recipe. Let’s see what happens here but for now I’m done buying this product.

Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best of both worlds.

I love these ice creams! You get the icy pole-like exterior and then you get the yummy vanilla ice cream in the middle. The perfect treat!

JoR

JoRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bitter taste

I recently bought a box of pine lime Splice.It used to have a predominately pineapple juice taste but now it has changed to a bitter taste.I noticed the lack of ice cream compared to the Splice of the 1970’s.I would not bother buying this particular ice cream again.Three other household members ate them and also complained taste had changed.

Spliceisbad

SpliceisbadWollongong

Absolute Dirt

Streets Splice is the absolute lowest form of ice cream. It is a perfect example of the work of the devil. Everyone hates Splice. Why do they even make it anymore?

Change for the worse

Adored it for years --for tangy tartness even more than for icecream centre ---combination UNIQUE! Now bland & characterless, alas. Please return it to original recipe so I would continue to buy it & share box with friends.

Find out how Streets Splice Pine Lime compares to other Ice Creams

Not The Same as in The Good Old Days!

I recently bought streets splice only to be very disappointed. The top third of the splice is now solid ice. Another cost cutting measure that has spoilt the reputation of a brand name once synonymous with quality. I'll be buying the cheaper brands in the future because they have a greater proportion of ice cream.

consumer67

consumer67AU

Changed for the worse

The one pictured is not like what you get these days. Top third of the ice cream is now solid ice, the ice is more acidic, the cream is less creamy. The ice and cream used to be a perfect pair, but now you barely notice the creamy part... when you get to it that is.. It's still alright I guess, but I won't be buying them again in the future.

Elleran

ElleranSydney

Doesn't taste the same!

Had a spice recently and the taste is differen to what it used to be, doesn't have the same tang that it used to have. ice cream in centre also isn't as creamy. Disappointing

RhondaW

RhondaWAU

Refreshing

Wow this iceblock/icecream is as good as ever. Very nice natural pine lime iceblock on the outside and inside a sliver of white icecream. This is delicious and could not be improved upon. I would eat the iceblock part by itself if they made it as an iceblock alone. So refreshing.
Tasted like true pineapple and lime flavours.
Nothing.

chezryl

chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This ice block has the best of both worlds as it is icy on the outside and creamy in the middle. I find this combination is very refreshing and they outside is lovely and tangy. This is a reasonably priced ice treat. The perfect beach ice block as it is great on hot days as it is icy on the outside but you don't miss out on a creamy ice cream treat either. This is one of my mums favourites and I can see why.
A lovely treat to have in summer. I love to take off all the outer tangy layer which is quenching and then enjoy the super soft vanilla centre. Just delicious.
Can't think of any cons.