Sumo Energy

Electricity, Gas

• Rates and Fees
HKim

HKimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why was it so hard to join

Jody M.

Jody M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick action & Friendly

My call regarding electricity was answered quickly so no long wait time. Very helpful team member Melissa. She was friendly, enthusiastic & efficient. Happy with the service today and in general.

ServicesGas

Finding Sumo very good as a power provider, and easy to talk to when ringing for advice.

I have been with Sumo for some years now, when moving house and was a customer of Sumo the transition was very easy and quickly done couldn’t be happier Power is very reliable. Thanks Sumo great job.

Excellent service from Customer Service rep

Morgan was very helpful. Gas disconnection due to moving. Marketing states no cancellation fee, which is correct, but you have to pay for a Final Read. It doesn’t state that anywhere. A bit disappointing.

ServicesGas
Brendan C.

Brendan C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service was Excellent!

My Customer Service Consultant, Vanessa, was an excellent communicator and followed-up with me frequently for electricity, gas, and NBN enquiries. She was determined to make sure my new unit was set-up quickly. Keep up the good work!

mossy

mossyGippsland, VIC

Excellent customer service reps.

Called Sumo with billing problem (seniors discount).
Rep was happy and eager to quickly help with my (billing) problem and resolved it while I was on the same phone call.

Ethan

EthanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So friendly and considering, love it!

Just installed Electricity only
It was easy to set up the electricity which just took couple of hours to connect
It’s stable to use without any issues, very satisfied with that

Simple process

very good, gas and electricity, 20 mins.

no dropouts nothing else to say, i'm happy. that's all that counts, is it not.

I still to locate into my new address so I cannot complement or otherwise as yet.

Helen M

Helen MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

I have an on-going issue with my smart meter and Morgan could not have been nicer or more helpful in trying to get this resolved. Along with a great rate and no dropouts, I couldn't be happier with Sumo

Judy G.

Judy G.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Fantastic Service

Brad was extremely friendly and helpful with my account enquiry. He gave me clear explanations and check to make sure I was on the best plan for me. I would certainly recommend Sumo service .

Pat Hughes

Pat HughesSouthwest, VIC

Thank you for providing very helpful people who treat you with respect by listening to your concerns and provide help.

Electric which was a very easy setup provided by Sumo.
The process was explained and I was made to feel this is a great company to do business with.
It is very reliable and I've had no problems.

Scott P.

Scott P.Sydney, NSW

If you leave, they will call you every hour on the hour for 5 days straight.

I was fine with the service when I was with SUMO, but after leaving, I keep getting calls to stay with them. 2-3 calls would be fine. So far I have received 30+ calls, it's getting ridiculous!

Lindsay Hosking

Lindsay HoskingGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very helpful

Brad was very understanding and very helpful regarding my account and this is not the first time that brad has helped me out. Thank you brad for your understanding of me

Jimbo

JimboHunter Region, NSW

Sumo = competitive electricity rates

Our organisation transferred to Sumo in February this year because of its competitive electricity rates. Recently, I enquired about a bill and Poornima from Customer Solutions resolved the issue both professionally and politely. Can't fault Sumo so far!

Great customer service, reasonable prices.

I've been a Sumo customer for a couple of years now, their prices always seem fair and are competitive to the rest of the market. When I've needed to contact them regarding my account, it's always been super easy and quick, staff are very friendly and helpful.

Find out how Sumo Energy compares to other Household Utilities

Customer service is excellent I love it

I am not going to change my energy plan to Sumo, but I am surprised by the service. Eventually, I decided change both of my plan to Sumo. All good!

Leanne

Leanne Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

I spoke to a gentlemen named jay who went above and beyond to help me , and was able to give me a cheaper deal in both my electricity and gas accounts . Very happy

brett F.

brett F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Opening hours of the call centre

Who closes a call centre at 4.30? Can not call during normal working hours due to my job. But also can not contact them as they close BEFORE offices close! ridiculous call centre times. when I have tried to call in my lunch break. Spent 35 mins on hold trying to get through to speak to someone. Outrageous wait times and opening hours. Can not wait for my year to be over so I can change.

Great Australian Company

Have been with Sumo for three years. Found them great to deal with, rates are very competitive, staff excellent, can do attitude. Willing to give you the best deal every time. Recommend them.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Nicole

NicoleHunter Region, NSW

Perfect

I’m a new customer to Sumo gas and electricity had a little problem call up and fixed in second a lovely young man fixed it up for me I was so pleased

James N Raelean M.asked

Energy

i want to compare my current bill with your offer, but i cant see anywhere you offer this

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Good Morning James and Raelean, I can give you a call back to ensure you are on our best offer! What was your account number and best contact number? Thanks for reaching out. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warm Regards, Georgia @ Sumo

James N Raelean M.

i called you guys, but unfortunately you dont offer extra solar feed in on top of the 44 c rebate i already get, origin offer 6 c on top

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Thanks for getting back to me and letting us know the reason you didn't join us as that helps us improve things for the future. Hopefully we can do something a little better for you one day soon. All the best and warm regards, Georgia @ Sumo

Noel S.

Nil

Simon F

Simon Fasked

Electricity

I'm a prospective Sumo energy customer and struggle on the telephone. Does Sumo support email or online chat? They only advertise telephone numbers :-(

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Good Morning Simon, Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your enquiry. We certainly do have webchat available on our website just follow the link and enter your postcode to get started! Here is the link: www.sumo.com.au This will also let you complete an entirely online sign-up for your energy needs!
In addition to this, you can submit an enquiry via the update my details webform here https://www.sumo.com.au/update-my-details/
If there is anything further I can help with please don't hesitate to reach out. Warm Regards, Georgia @ Sumo

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Compare all 2 Sumo Energy
Sumo Gas

Sumo Gas

4.2
CategoryHousehold Utilities and Energy ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Energy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricityGas