Sumo Energy

• Rates and Fees
Carl

CarlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

question answered

I was concerned that my gas invoice had been lost somewhere so I called Sumo to make sure all was OK, the customer service person checked and told me the gas account was every 2 months and electricity every month. The problem solved and he was easy to talk to and efficient. Thanks Carl

ServicesGas
Diana Gonzalez

Diana GonzalezGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service always

I have gas and electricity and when i moved it was installed on time never had problems. Never experienced dropouts and I've been using sumo services for almost 2 years.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi Diana, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this fantastic 5-star review. We will be sure to pass on the good feedback! If there is ever anything more we can do please don't hesitate to reach out. Warm Regards, Team Sumo

Great Help On the Phone!

Electricity. Fast. Quick changeover at end of previous bill. No dropouts. Investigating why it is still quite expensive though. Hoping to achieve a better deal with a call back tomorrow.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very polite, handled very quickly.

I spoke with ‘Zach’; he was very polite and caring manner- respectful!
Organised payment plan for me, for my electricity account within minutes. This was a huge relief, especially in these times of COVID-19.
Great service!
Thank you Zach.

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer service excellent

Transferring electricity back to Sumo, Archy was an excellent customer service representative, clear communication & understanding of what I wanted. The set-up process was easy & the timeframe was 15 minutes long, electricity is continuous & no dropouts experienced.

Tatte

TatteMelbourne

Customer Service Operator who actually cares about offering service to the customer

Rang up with a request about a recent promotion. The operator tried all sorts of ways to find me deals and incentives. He even found money sitting dormant in an old account.

Umit

UmitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer service.

Always have been great company to deal with. Prices are great and information provides also very accurate. We have gas and electricity with sumo and dont need to look anywhere else for better deal.

Donna S.

Donna S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zack was extremely pleasant and solved my problem. I'm very happy with Sumo Electricity and Gas

Just an awesome customer service experience. Zach solved my issue in minutes. I have both Electricity and Gas and I'm very happy with their services and customer service. Better than my last supplier by far.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Quick response and a Great help!!

Bill query answered quickly and all sorted in minutes. Always a pleasure dealing with nice, understanding customer care employees on the other end of the phone. Thank you for your help

Bailee

BaileeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Helpful

Zach was extremely helpful and prompt with setting up my new address with gas and electricity. I was very happy with his great service, and I’ve never had issues with Sumo!

Bonnie K.

Bonnie K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent customer service

I was confused with the payment due to discrepancy in payment amount listed in email and the actual bill. Called to the service centre and my problem was answered and explained fully and promptly. The service agent is excellent.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Was very helpful and understanding

Have have electricity and it’s going good , but I have to say and witch I said to the customer service lady I think the electricity has gone up .
As I have been injured and I have not work now for the last 20 months myself and my family have been very careful and then I see the bill is still high .

Total rip off !!

I was with Sumo for a couple of years thinking I was getting a good deal paying on time . Don't be fooled . I am now with a 100% Australian company and paying quarter of what I was. Shop around it is well worth it.

Andrea

Hi your prices are much higher especially if you don't pay on time . Your prices started off quite reasonable but went up quick. No need to resolve I am with a different company now . Thankyou regards Andrea

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Request for refund managed quickly & professionally

I called to arrange refund of my electricity solar credits. Anthony was very helpful with organising this, including arranging to offset amounts owed for our gas account to keep it simple and quick. Thank you!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Julia

JuliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect company

The amazing customer service team has always gone above and beyond each time I called, helping me out and resolving issues wherever possible. They make you feel like a valued customer and not just another number.

Connie Amato

Connie AmatoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Customer Service

Liam was extremely helpful when changing over my Gas & Electricity plans to a better rates. I was transferred from another Dept and he already had my ID details so I didn’t have to go through the whole process again.

Ieva Kains

Ieva KainsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

all good

I had questions to ask. All answered. Was checking on my solar rebate. My solar inverter had been switched off - I did not know that. All has been explained well. Thank you.

Excellent customer service

Excellent customer service, very helpful agents in these 3 year journey. They have solved wrong connection address and wrong payment to previous address flawlessly. No issues at all. Keep it up!

VickyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Staff are excellent. Easy to deal with and helpful.

I was able to resolve my query efficiently and with good result. The 2 ladies that I spoke to were helpful and easy to understand. They both made me feel my business was valuable to them.

Friendly and helpful staff

Been using Sumo for 18 months now. Called Sumo this morning to review my current rates. Staff were so helpful and found an even better rate. Ending up changing my gas too!

J Barry

J Barryasked

Energy

I agreed to sign up with Sumo yesterday for our power bill, now very concerned with some of the comments on this page - the discount is amazing. Will I be advised of an increase before it happens? How long is this discount offer available for? Do I have a cooling off period to satisfy myself if it is worth changing over to Sumo or not.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thank you for getting in contact. Our discounts are locked in for 12 months and in regards to the rate increases, it is our practice that we advise as much advance notice for an increase, however, we always act in accordance with 46(4) of the Energy Retail Code and provide as soon as practicable or by no later than a customers next bill. You are entitled to a 10 business day cooling off period the day from when you receive your Welcome Pack. Please give us a call on 13 88 60 or send us an email to info@sumo.com.au and we would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo

James Aasked

Energy

I've waited over a month to be connect to the NBN and after weeks of calling, during which they constantly told me it was the NBN being behind schedule due to Christmas, they finally told me that they had infact forgot to request proof of residency. Now I've had the NBN technician connect the property and sumo say I am connected yet I'm not. They haven't given me any technical information to input onto my modem and their technical support team which is supposedly open from 10am till 4pm on Saturdays does not answer any calls? So I'm after any technical data to put in to my modem to get connected

Annoyed
Annoyed

Have you tried ringing the 03 number instead of the 13? You get put straight through to technical support that way

James A

annoyed, what is the 03 number?

sam123456
sam123456

I strongly suggest don't touch this compnay , I perfer either use TPlink / Dodo / even Telstra on special price..
I just in their electricity plan , price increase for 15% on second month . Gas bill still haven't received yet . that's totally no point to consider this company .. stay away!!!!

Cjm

Cjmasked

Energy

I have adsl with sumo and i called to ask for my isp address to put into my router only to be told they dont have one? All internet needs to have a isp address as far as i know then i was called back and given my customer number as the address wth someone needs to fix this or of to the ombudsman i go smh

Bruce
Bruce

Don’t know if this will help, but if you’re running windows (any version) if you click on the signal icon at bottom right of screen, then go to properties from the box that opens up, you should be able to see the isp details displayed there. Hope this works for you.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, Amelia

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives