Sandra Musso

Sandra MussoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vanessa was terrific - i had a gas issue, and then realized my Electricity was never in my name

we received a sumo gas bill saying it was overdue- never received the original invoice- Vanessa explained it was an all customer issue. it will be resent next week. issue was resolved.

Kiwi B

Kiwi BCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Slow Transfer - still waiting

Paresh

PareshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome Customer service

I got electricity and gas connected at new property and had to call sumo for confirming my electricity rates that I will be paying. They were very polite and explained in details about my new connection. They don't have an app for monitoring smart meters so they did guide me on how register on United energy (electricity distributor) to monitor my usage. I was also getting letters from Energy Australia about "deemed contract" with them for gas at the new rental property, after contacting Sumo they promptly said I can ignore those letters as I have already been moved to Sumo. Very satisfied with the response.

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Credit card payment

Wanted to pay by credit card., but if I do I will be charged for the privilege of paying my account on time by credit card.
The help and advice I received from Venessa was fantastic. She was polite, well spoken, easy to understand , knowledgeable and helpful.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

NADEEM

NADEEMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

excellent customer service

Merem at Sumo was extremely helpful and understanding when I explained the nature of my inquiry at Sumo, she straightaway fix the problem and notify me via
email thanks Merem and Sumo

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Good customer service

Received a SMS that power bill was almost due - my account had been set up incorrectly in terms of my email address. I rang Sumo and they were able to send me the actual bill and update everything very quickly, while also offering an extension for payment due to it being their error. Very friendly and helpful.

Danielle

Danielle

Very understanding

I just got off the phone to Joshua and can't thank him enough for being understating and empathetic of my situation. He was very helpful and provided an outcome that I greatly appreciate!

ServicesGas

Michelle

MichelleNortheast, VIC

Fantastic customer service

I rang Sumo regarding my Electricity Account.
I dealt with Andrew and could not fault his customer service skills, they were exceptional!
Andrew’s customer service skills made dealing with Sumo a pleasant experience. Thank you Andrew and thank you Sumo!

Matthew

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Tyson at Sumo was extremely helpful and understanding when I explained the nature of my enquiry at Sumo.

Tyson seemed to understand my physical limitations in relation to why I need to have my quarterly account posted to my home address. My next enquiry will be in regard to my 19 solar panels and will Sumo be able to do better in the future with solar rebates.

Absolute pleasure

It is/was an absolute pleasure dealing with Sumo’s customer services officers, whilst the latest understanding and helpful person from Sumo I communicated with was Georgia, all of the other officer were great. I postponed my review until I received my first bill to ensure that what was promised was actually provided. I was very pleased with the result

Great Job!

The customer care agent resolved my issue on my electricity disconnection so well because she really tried ways to make a right assessment of it first then provided a quick solution. Great Job!

ServicesElectricity

Great service from the call centre on both gas and electricity. Thankyou

Have great service from Sumo. No issues at all. Am offered better deals don't have to ring and enquire. We have both gas and Electricity thru Sumo and any calls have been answered with outstanding professionalism.

Happy

HappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

I have gas and electricity with Sumo and have been impressed with the continued great customer service.
The set up process was immediate and the services reliable.
Any questions have been answered promptly.

Bhima

BhimaSydney, NSW

Electricity bill and NBN information

Satisfactory customer service, solved issues with any hesitation, straight to the point, didn't bother to clarify to make the customer understand even many times. Thank you and keep it up.

george pollak

george pollakGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

review

we received a gas bill for 240 days. i called to complain and Vanessa was very courteous and helpful. she offered me to pay it in 240 days without any penalty

ServicesGas
Mich

MichGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Account for my invoice was confusing..

My invoices were confusing due to all the percentages of usage shown. However after a long conversation it was explained in detail how it all worked. Very satisfied with the outcome.

Easy to deal with.

I’ve had sumo power and gas for a year now with no problems all. Glad I change providers.
Easy to understand. Was able to solve all my inquiries with one call.
Very polite.

Sass

SassSydney, NSW

Sumo rules!!!

From the get go Sumo have not only been helpful... but they are reliable and theres no fuss! So much cheaper than other providers! They won me over in 5 minutes after being with my old provider for over 10 years....!!!! Awesome company!

Start DateSeptember 2019
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledBundled
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Sass

SassSydney, NSW

Absolutely amazing customer service!!!

I can't even explain how pleased i am with Sumo! Everyone is exceptional at helping you, amd straight to the point and HONEST!!!
Not a single drama! Straight up loving my provider!

Great customer service

Brad was lovely and understanding.i felt calm and relaxed after the call. Just wanted to say a massive Thank you for listening and not jumping to conclusions. The company needs more people like him.

J Barry

J Barryasked

I agreed to sign up with Sumo yesterday for our power bill, now very concerned with some of the comments on this page - the discount is amazing. Will I be advised of an increase before it happens? How long is this discount offer available for? Do I have a cooling off period to satisfy myself if it is worth changing over to Sumo or not.

Sumo
Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thank you for getting in contact. Our discounts are locked in for 12 months and in regards to the rate increases, it is our practice that we advise as much advance notice for an increase, however, we always act in accordance with 46(4) of the Energy Retail Code and provide as soon as practicable or by no later than a customers next bill. You are entitled to a 10 business day cooling off period the day from when you receive your Welcome Pack. Please give us a call on 13 88 60 or send us an email to info@sumo.com.au and we would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo

James Aasked

I've waited over a month to be connect to the NBN and after weeks of calling, during which they constantly told me it was the NBN being behind schedule due to Christmas, they finally told me that they had infact forgot to request proof of residency. Now I've had the NBN technician connect the property and sumo say I am connected yet I'm not. They haven't given me any technical information to input onto my modem and their technical support team which is supposedly open from 10am till 4pm on Saturdays does not answer any calls? So I'm after any technical data to put in to my modem to get connected

Annoyed
Annoyed

Have you tried ringing the 03 number instead of the 13? You get put straight through to technical support that way

James A

annoyed, what is the 03 number?

sam123456
sam123456

I strongly suggest don't touch this compnay , I perfer either use TPlink / Dodo / even Telstra on special price..
I just in their electricity plan , price increase for 15% on second month . Gas bill still haven't received yet . that's totally no point to consider this company .. stay away!!!!

Cjm

Cjmasked

I have adsl with sumo and i called to ask for my isp address to put into my router only to be told they dont have one? All internet needs to have a isp address as far as i know then i was called back and given my customer number as the address wth someone needs to fix this or of to the ombudsman i go smh

Bruce
Bruce

Don’t know if this will help, but if you’re running windows (any version) if you click on the signal icon at bottom right of screen, then go to properties from the box that opens up, you should be able to see the isp details displayed there. Hope this works for you.

Sumo
Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, Amelia

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Sumo NBN 25

Sumo Gas

Sumo Gas

Sumo Electricity

Sumo Electricity

CategoryHousehold Utilities and Internet Service ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Internet Service ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Internet Service ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Energy ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Energy Providers
Monthly Price $80.00$90.00$70.00
Contact Number 13 88 6013 88 6013 88 6013 88 6013 88 60
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat YesYesYesYesYes
Service TypeNBNNBNNBN
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractSet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period