Sumo

• Adequate Speeds Yes (13%) · No (87%)
  • Rates and Fees

sumo electricity review

fixed pole electricity
frequent drop outs for several hours at a time
we rely on electricity entirely ( no gas , Solar power not reliable due to weather conditions and poor return on extra power to mains )

ServicesElectricity

Very happy with the service

Reliable supply no dropouts. Very helpful customer service. Easy and quick resolve of my issue due to paying wrong account number. Friendly service by the operators. Recommend to new customers.

Great prices

Electric power easy to deal with. Quick service helpfull . No long waiting on phone . Initially problem solved quickly . Happily recommended to other friends. Nice to speak to a Australian representative

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

comedian

comedianBrookville

special request

Sumo power, which I am disappointed to say has increased in cost...but today I called as I had a request to place my wife''s name on to my account for future billing, and an operator Greg was pleasant and most helpful, thank you.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Alternatively, email social@sumo.com.au with your details and I can arrange a call back when it suits you. Ta!

Happy customer

Happy customerSydney, NSW

Provided solution and was easy to talk to

Contacted service desk re: bill payment and not having received an invoice.
Customer service rep was polite and accommodating in listening and providing solutions
Thank you will continue to use Sumo for services

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Sumo is very reliable power supply and i will not change from them as far as they look after me.

The facrs is that sumo is a very good electric and gas supply in Australia, i encourage people to join sumo because they know what the customers want and reliable.

Vincent Orji
Vincent Orji

I will stay with sumo as far as they keep looking after their customers and treating them well.

BruceSydney, NSW

Extremely helpful and friendly staff

We are with Sumo for electricity and the changeover from AGL was extremely easy. So far everything is great and when our gas contract is over I will enquire with Sumo regarding rates

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
orsen cart

orsen cartCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very good telephone service

each time I call SUMO the phone is answered quickly by a polite person who speaks very good english and is easy to understand. They do everything they can to resolve my issues on the spot and do not hand me off to someone else. this is very good customer service. keep on doingthis.

Matt

MattVictoria

Great service from Vanessa

Vanessa made the process of discontinuing my service, because of a move out, simple and quick. She did a great job and made the process entirely painless. I really appreciate it.

Marie

MarieGippsland, VIC

Excellent customer service as usual!

Called to check the account I had mislaid. Received clear and courteous customer service. The time I waited for the call to be answered was very reasonable, as I had learned to expect from Sumo.

ServicesGas
ah1984bosna

ah1984bosna

I have Gas and electricity with sumo
I am Existing customer
Great service and good stuff i always get when i contact Sumo for gas and electricity and they are always there to support and help me

Claire B.

Claire B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really great service

Have been with Sumo for about a year. Very happy. Just called up because I am late on my payment. First time late, and they are going to cover the pay on time discount because it's my first time late. Very surprised and happy.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi Claire, Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback :). We are delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised and if ever there is anything more we can do to help, please do let us know. Warmest Regards, Georgia @ Sumo!

Joy Lorainne Martyn

Joy Lorainne MartynGippsland, VIC

Perfect, and electricity charges and discounts are amazing. So glad I came over to SUMO.

My call wasn't about black outs. My was calling in relation to a credit off my electricity account. As usual the the gentleman who took my call was courteous, patient and knowledgeable. Most importantly he did help me with my plight. thank you

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

All is great thank you Georgia. Actually, I am so pleased with Sumo, I am going to tell my daughters how good this power/gas company is and see if i can persuade them to join also. bye for now JOY

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

That is fantastic to hear Joy, feel free to give them your account number and when they sign up you BOTH get $50 off your electricity bill! Thanks again, Georgia @ Team Sumo!

Athena

AthenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy customer

It was lovely to speak to an Australian over the phone and not from overseas. I believe we need to keep our own in the workforce. The staff understood me and my questions were answered quickly and with no difficulty. Keep up the work in employing local people.

very satisfactory

always very helpful , whenever I had a query or a problem it was always solved . never been passed onto anyone they very willing and reliable , I would recommend Sumo to everyone

Ieva Kains

Ieva KainsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

All good

It was about a different matter. My enquiry was dealt with satisfactorily. I was asking about the governmental rebate concerning my electricity costs. I got all the answers that I needed.

Amazing service from Brad

Brad was kind and reliable. He gave me great advice and service. I am so happy with his service. It really makes me want to recommend people for this service.

suszrob

suszrob

solar

sumo I a good company. I am very happy with them. Josh explained where my solar is on my bill. I can now keep track on everything . Thank-you for your help

Sid P.

Sid P.Gippsland, VIC

service and pr

When I rang to pay my bill the person that helped me was very polite and helpful I think his name was Josh My power drops out late at night on a regular basis

Blaze

BlazeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very kind and well spoken to the point.

Change of Bank account for direct debit. Job was done in a few minutes. Good work, well done. very prompt and well spoken, directly to the point. everything OK within 5 minutes.

J Barry

J Barryasked

Sumo

I agreed to sign up with Sumo yesterday for our power bill, now very concerned with some of the comments on this page - the discount is amazing. Will I be advised of an increase before it happens? How long is this discount offer available for? Do I have a cooling off period to satisfy myself if it is worth changing over to Sumo or not.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thank you for getting in contact. Our discounts are locked in for 12 months and in regards to the rate increases, it is our practice that we advise as much advance notice for an increase, however, we always act in accordance with 46(4) of the Energy Retail Code and provide as soon as practicable or by no later than a customers next bill. You are entitled to a 10 business day cooling off period the day from when you receive your Welcome Pack. Please give us a call on 13 88 60 or send us an email to info@sumo.com.au and we would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo

James Aasked

Sumo

I've waited over a month to be connect to the NBN and after weeks of calling, during which they constantly told me it was the NBN being behind schedule due to Christmas, they finally told me that they had infact forgot to request proof of residency. Now I've had the NBN technician connect the property and sumo say I am connected yet I'm not. They haven't given me any technical information to input onto my modem and their technical support team which is supposedly open from 10am till 4pm on Saturdays does not answer any calls? So I'm after any technical data to put in to my modem to get connected

Annoyed
Annoyed

Have you tried ringing the 03 number instead of the 13? You get put straight through to technical support that way

James A

annoyed, what is the 03 number?

sam123456
sam123456

I strongly suggest don't touch this compnay , I perfer either use TPlink / Dodo / even Telstra on special price..
I just in their electricity plan , price increase for 15% on second month . Gas bill still haven't received yet . that's totally no point to consider this company .. stay away!!!!

Cjm

Cjmasked

Sumo

I have adsl with sumo and i called to ask for my isp address to put into my router only to be told they dont have one? All internet needs to have a isp address as far as i know then i was called back and given my customer number as the address wth someone needs to fix this or of to the ombudsman i go smh

Bruce

Don’t know if this will help, but if you’re running windows (any version) if you click on the signal icon at bottom right of screen, then go to properties from the box that opens up, you should be able to see the isp details displayed there. Hope this works for you.

Sumo Customer ServiceSumo

Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, Amelia

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives