MPN: EM5300

Love love love!

Love love love! Took a few try’s to get the hang of it but absolutely love it now!
Even my partner who has never used a coffee machine before has got it down pat!

Purchased in September 2019.

Hi Steph A, Thanks for the great review! Enjoy :) Kind regards Sunbeam

Not consistent, at least for us

We bought this machine from Good Guys a few weeks ago. Initially we thought we were doing something wrong, so my wife and I bought a precision kitchen scales and a calibrated tamper. That way we could rule out applying to much/little pressure and having too much/little grinds on the basket. We even bought a Sunbeam Precision Grinder EM0700 separately. It turns out we get different results every time.
Not consistent, at least our machine isn’t.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $475.00.

GrinderSunbeam Precision EM0700
Hi Raf N, So sorry to hear of this. We can assist further. Please call us on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your contact details and purchase receipt. We can further trouble shoot. Kind Regards SunbeamHi, We took the machine back to Good Guys Joondalup. I noticed the shower screen was pouring only on a few spots. The sales guys told on my wife’s face and mine that he did not believe the machine was faulty and he was quite sure we were doing something wrong. What a bad experience!! We got a faulty machine and were humiliated being called liars in a public area.

Great coffee, not durable!

This machine is capable of making great coffee and suits a home environment where it may be used 3-4 times a day. Easy to use, clean and produce barista quality coffee with the right beans. Only problem is the two machines we have now had, developed water leaks from the bottom of the unit. Based on other reviews on this page, it seems to be inherent in the quality and design of the unit. I’m not sure I will use another as there is risk of electrical components coming in contact with water that is leaking internally.

Purchased in May 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Hi PIS7OL, So sorry to hear of this. Please return this unit to the store of purchase for a replacement or a refund. Kind Regards, SunbeamThanks, but my concern with this happening twice now is it will just happen again. What has Sunbeam done to fix the root cause of the problem? Internal water leaks on an electrical appliance could endanger someone's life.Hi PIS7OL, This is not a major fault, however being a newly released product we do monitor any issues closely. These units are a replacement warranty only. Kind Regards Sunbeam

sunbeam barista max 5300

bought the Sunbeam barista max 5300 just over a week ago from the Good Guys Bunbury WA, I have to say money well spent works a street cant fault it not one bit

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Hi red, Thank you for the great reveiw! Enjoy :). Kind Regards Sunbeam

Loving it!

We have had this for a month and we are loving it, game changer! Better tasting, better for the environment and cheaper over the long term than PODS. Breville Barista Express may sell more but only for asthetics, Sunbeam does it just as well and cheaper even the sales people will tell you that. Plus as you see on previous reviews Sunbeams after sales service is miles ahead, you don't see any responses from Breville. Our local coffee professionals have confirmed this also. All previous reviews are correct including the water leaking from the base but this minor for us. Coffee quality is excellent. All beans are different so it is all about trying different coarse grades, shot sizes and tamping pressure and it will be worth it. We have used three different beans so far and all have required coarse grinding, 20+.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $479.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Julian D. Thanks for the great review! If you do experience any issues please call us on 1300 881 861. Enjoy! Kind regards, Sunbeam .Thank you. We have called the customer service line to ask some questions and you guys were excellent.

Changed my life (well my mornings anyway), a ritual i look forward to everyday

I ended up getting the EM7000 Cafe Series with a separate grinder. The EM7000 is truly cafe grade from the portafilter, the tamper and just the way the grouphead is hot and the finish is entirely in metal just like the speciality Italian jobs.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi M P. Thanks for the great feedback! Great coffee does make an excellent start to the day.Hi M.P, You are indeed correct. :) The new Instruction Manuals have been updated to reflect 20 as the better grind setting.

Seems great so far

We Brought this in just under a week ago so still trying to work out the perfect grind and tampering for us
The coffee is nice and hot and the machine very easy to use.
The only issue I have with it is how slow it grinds the beans! not sure if I am doing anything wrong but it just seems to grind really slowly. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. Other then that, very happy with out purchase. We owned an Automatic grinding machine prior which lasted 8yrs so hoping to get the same lifespan out of this Sunbeam :-)

Purchased in February 2019 for $490.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Janee69 . Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear you're enjoying your EM5300. In regards to the grind - the finer the grind - the slower it will take to extract. Enjoy !Thanks for that. Unfortunately when I select the slower grind the grinder stops due to overheating. How full should the head be filled? Overflowing? I'm thinking I might be trying to put too much in?Hi Janee69, Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can assist you further.

Cute but messy.

The machine sits nicely on the bench and the built in grinder works really well. The negatives for me (and it is probably me doing something wrong) are the excess coffee grinds is wasteful and messy (and I do move the handle side to side), and using the steam wand is quite a process. You need to turn right and wait until the light glows blue, then switch back for a while until it heats, then switch to the right again. Seems quite convoluted.

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Ange01, You could always grind into a container then use from there to avoid waste. Thank you for taking the time to review for us.

Fantastic machine at last

First off I want to say I have had many espresso machines , both manual, full auto and Pod, and this is the best machine I have ever owned.
It makes a terrific cup of coffee, I have mine as a small black and after getting the grind and doing everything the manual says to do I get a perfect cup every time. A great cup the correct temperature and a wonderful thick creama

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $558.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Steve T, it is a great machine, thank you for taking your time to review it!

The ultimate at home machine for a cafe style coffee

This machine consistently delivers cafe style coffee with the convenience and affordability of having it in your own home. Easy to use, clean, set up.
I'm still a little off nailing the milk frothing but all in all, highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2018.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Mama P, thank you for giving our coffee machine such a great review, so please you are enjoying using it!

Fantastic Machine - Makes the perfect gift!

The quality of the coffee is definitely cafe barista quality. The quality is consistent and the temperature is nice and hot. The milk frothing wand is great easy to use and the machine comes with a handy jug to froth the milk. We love being able to purchase and try new coffee beans and the inbuilt grinder works really well.

Really love that the machine is nice and compact and looks great too. It fits well on our bench.

Would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for the great review Erin!

Best home coffee machine!

I'm very fussy with my coffee and absolutely love the quality of the coffee this machine makes. Its as good as a Melbourne barista made coffee. The machine is easy to set up and use. It took a little bit of playing around with the settings to get it just right for the beans I was using, but worth it to make the perfect coffee. Very simple to clean too. It does spill a little excess coffee grinds out the sides when grinding it, but other than that I love this machine.
Highly recommend this machine for anyone who loves coffee and wants to make it at home.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Tris!

I've stopped buying cafe coffees...because the coffees I make with this are better!

If you're in the market for a coffee machine, you must take a look at the Sunbeam Barista Max. Basically, I hope it stays in my life forever. I think it's the perfect machine for those who loved the convenience and ease of a pod machine however want to branch out to a real espresso machine. The coffee I'm making is cafe quality - I used to buy at least one coffee per day from the local cafe, and since I have had the Barista Max I've bought only one (and I didn't enjoy it!).  It's easy to use out of the box, however the different settings for grinding, tamping etc make it fun to experiment with if you're after more manual controls. We have limited bench space so I loved the built-in grinder. I found the two-cup filter basket much easier to use than the one-cup (need more practice with that). Also, I've set my grinder to 20 which I find is perfect. I love it, and a few of my friends have their eyes on one too.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Jasmine.

Best at-home coffee I've had.

We're very satisfied with this, and we both have access to commercial machines at work so have kinda high expectations. We use it every day.

It can take a few goes to get the grind coarseness, volume of coffee and tamping right - still occasionally have a miss that pours too quick with no crema or drips out slowly - but once you've worked it out you're good to go. Temperature is spot on. Fresh, fresh beans definitely makes a big difference! If you're not getting the crema you'd expect from a cafe coffee, try some fresh beans from a local roaster.

Love that a grinder is integrated, pleased to not be creating waste a-la pod machines, and it looks good in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Easy to use but too much ground coffee wasted

This is my first coffee machine yet I found it easy to use. I can now enjoy cafe style coffee at the comfort of my own home. Grinding, extraction and texturising milk is simple to do. The final outcome is of course dependent on the quality of the coffee beans you use. What I see as an improvement to this product is a re-design to the grinding section so that no ground coffee ends outside the grouphead. Too much ground coffee ends splattered around - a mess I don't appreciate cleaning up. Also, it would be good if you can simultaneously use coffee extraction and milk texturising. At the moment, you can only do one at a time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Alfred, thanks for the feedback on the EM5300 - when you are grinding the beans you can move your group handle from side to side which can even the peak down reducing the spillage. There is a little bin under the drip tray which can catch the spilled grounds. This machine has a single thermoblock therefore you can't extract and texturise at the same time on this one.

WE LOVE IT!

The Sunbeam Barista max is a great coffee machine, so easy to use, easy to clean and lets people like me make cafe quality coffees at home! The inbuilt grinder is super handy and takes up no extra space on the bench which is great for people like us with little bench space. We will NEVER be going back to pods again!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi, thank you for the great review, happy to see you are enjoying using the machine

My favourite kitchen appliance

I love a gadget that saves time and space. The Sunbeam Barista Max does both! I love how compact and efficient this machine is, but most importantly it makes beautiful "caeft-style" coffee. The inbuilt grinder is also a plus and keeps my kitchen bench tidy and clean. Love the Sunbeam Barista Max!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
It seems everyone is loving this machine, thanks for sharing!!

A Mum must have : we love it!!!

We are so impressed with this machine; the sunbeam barista max is the perfect addition to our kitchen and daily routine. The machine is simple to use and creates a beautiful coffee that’s cafe quality. The coffee is the perfect temperature and I feel like I’m getting my daily cafe hit In the comfort of my own home. As a mum, this saves me time and money. We love our barista max and highly recommend!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Cassandra Mic, great to see you so happy using this machine, thank you for reviewing!!!

I can never go back to the pods!!

I LOVE THIS MACHINE. It is easy to use, easy to clean and not full of fandangled gadgets that add no value to the end result. The inbuilt grinder saves bench space. Perfect cafe style coffee at home.
It's a good looking machine too, so I am not sorry about it being on the bench. Not too big either which is perfect for not clogging up your bench!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Jess, great and thanks for taking your time to leave us a review!

Espresso martinis on me!

I love this little guy. I’ve wanted a machine for a while but am a bit of a snob about coffee and didn’t think I’d be able to make decent coffee myself. This machine drew me in with it’s clean, simple design and integrated grinder (I don’t have much bench space). It delivers the goods and makes great coffee. In fact, it’s pretty hard to stuff it up. The instructions work. Coffee nerds will appreciate the manual programming options but I didn’t change a thing, the default settings are perfect for me. Now I walk out the door smug as with my takeaway coffee ready to go. My mum liked my barista max so much she bought one for herself.

Surprise benefit- I can now make cracking espresso martinis at home!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Great to hear !!! thanks heaps for the review

Hi, we bought this machine yesterday for my husband for Fathers Day today. We had a couple of lovely coffees this morning, but tonight when we went to make one the machine won’t turn on! We have tried a number of different power points, but nothing turning on. Looks like a return to Domayne tomorrow. Really disappointed.
Oh not good mine is working really good I made a ice coffee the other day you will be happy when you get a replacementHi Fiona, So sorry to hear of this. The EM5300 is sold with a 12 month replacement warranty - noon repair. Please return it to the store of purchase. We will be sure to pass this feedback onto our product manager. Kind Regards Sunbeam

We’re on our second machine, the first was replaced due to water leaking out of the bottom, we’ve had the second machine for two months and it is also leaking from the bottom. Based on the number of complaints, I feel there is a design issue? Please advise if this has been rectified?
Hi PIS7OL, There is no design issue with this. All we can ask is you return your unit if you find an issue...we just picked up our second machine on Saturday and our second one is also leaking from the bottom. could we be doing something wrong? it's not leaking from the jug / machine connection

We got our coffee machine over the weekend, the first few coffees were great however now when we put the group handle in to make a coffee, water won’t push through the coffee into the cup. We have tried it multiple times with different levels of pressure pushing the coffee into the group handle but it hasn’t made a difference. Please help as this is frustrating. Thanks.
Hi Emma G, Please call our team on 1300 881 861 so they can go through some troubleshooting with you...

CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines