Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300

Mustie

MustieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Machine Leaking

Hello Mustie,
I have sent you a DM with some options for you. Please have a read, hopefully we can make you a happy coffee drinker again.

Leaked more water than a garden hose. Gave an electric shock.

Bought this almost a year ago and thought it was good until we noticed it leaked water, so took it back for a replacement. Our replacement leaks worst than the first. And the last time I used it I pressed the button on the manual shot and got an electric shock. We bought this for the good reviews, but I see we are not the only ones with these problems. Will be asking for a refund.

Hello Very unhappy,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with this unit, please unplug and do not use this unit anymore.
All our products come with a 12 month replacement warranty so please do return your faulty unit for another one.

moonsmoke858South-Eastern Region, NSW

Unhappy.

Bought this machine two days ago from Harvey Norman. It leaked like a sieve ( I took out the red plug from the base of the water tank as indicated) all over the bench top and on the floor the twice I tried it.
Also the red light came on from the grinder which meant it was protecting the motor. There were a lot unspent beans in the lower burr too.??
I phoned Harvey Norman and they were most helpful, said bring it in for another new one.
Debating risking another Sunbeam after reading so many negative comments about this same problem, or go for a Breville Express BES 780.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $568.00.

Hello moonsmoke858,
We're sorry to hear about your bad experience. Unfortunately you have purchased a faulty unit, please return it to the retailer you purchased it from for a replacement.

moonsmoke858

Seems like I didn't seat the water tank properly according to the dealer, but I wasn't happy with the machine in any case so decide to sell it and buy a Breville Oracle instead.

Customer CareSunbeam

We are sorry about that but hope you enjoy your new machine!

Chiken

ChikenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A dud!

I had this for exactly 1 month. The unit started to leak after 10 uses, my wife thought it wasn't an issue, but it leaked during the night and left the stain on the table to lift up. If that wasn't bad enough, the unit stopped mid way through a shot of coffee and never turned back on.

Purchased in September 2019 at Sunbeam Australia for $350.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

Hi Chiken,
Sorry to hear, sometimes things happen but you can of course return under warranty.

Great machine but repeated no power faults

First machine worked for 3 weeks then no power, second replacement machine approx 6-8 weeks, exact same issue. Fantastic coffee machine but frustrating to have to organise travel to store and replacements each time .

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $479.00.

Hi Unhappycustomer,
Sorry to hear but sometimes things do happen and that's why you have the warranty.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

HI Unhappy customer,
Hopefully all good now.

Disappointed

DisappointedSouthwest, VIC

Repeated faults

Originally purchased 2 months ago, and loved our machine! Made fantastic coffees. This machine then had an electrical fault that was cutting out our power and had to be returned. Our replacement machine had a problem with the grinder straight out of the box and would only grind on a setting on 25 or higher. Any less, and it would spit out almost no beans. Rang customer support who advised me that they knew what the issue would be, but said to take back for a replacement machine. Now onto our 3rd machine in 2 months and this machine also has the exact same issue with grinding. Have tried all troubleshooting and different beans, with no success.

Purchased in July 2019.

Steph A

Steph ANew South Wales

Love love love!

Love love love! Took a few try’s to get the hang of it but absolutely love it now!
Even my partner who has never used a coffee machine before has got it down pat!

Purchased in September 2019.

Hi Steph A,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy :) Kind regards Sunbeam

Raf N.Perth, WA

Not consistent, at least for us

We bought this machine from Good Guys a few weeks ago. Initially we thought we were doing something wrong, so my wife and I bought a precision kitchen scales and a calibrated tamper. That way we could rule out applying to much/little pressure and having too much/little grinds on the basket. We even bought a Sunbeam Precision Grinder EM0700 separately. It turns out we get different results every time.
Not consistent, at least our machine isn’t.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $475.00.

GrinderSunbeam Precision EM0700

Hi Raf N,
So sorry to hear of this. We can assist further. Please call us on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au with your contact details and purchase receipt. We can further trouble shoot. Kind Regards Sunbeam

PIS7OLCanberra 2600, ACT

Great coffee, not durable!

This machine is capable of making great coffee and suits a home environment where it may be used 3-4 times a day. Easy to use, clean and produce barista quality coffee with the right beans. Only problem is the two machines we have now had, developed water leaks from the bottom of the unit. Based on other reviews on this page, it seems to be inherent in the quality and design of the unit. I’m not sure I will use another as there is risk of electrical components coming in contact with water that is leaking internally.

Purchased in May 2019.

Hi PIS7OL,
So sorry to hear of this. Please return this unit to the store of purchase for a replacement or a refund. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

PIS7OL

Thanks, but my concern with this happening twice now is it will just happen again. What has Sunbeam done to fix the root cause of the problem? Internal water leaks on an electrical appliance could endanger someone's life.

Hi PIS7OL,
This is not a major fault, however being a newly released product we do monitor any issues closely. These units are a replacement warranty only. Kind Regards Sunbeam

red

redSouth West, WA

sunbeam barista max 5300

bought the Sunbeam barista max 5300 just over a week ago from the Good Guys Bunbury WA, I have to say money well spent works a street cant fault it not one bit

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Hi red,
Thank you for the great reveiw! Enjoy :). Kind Regards Sunbeam

Julian D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Loving it!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $479.00.

Hi Julian D.
Thanks for the great review! If you do experience any issues please call us on 1300 881 861. Enjoy! Kind regards, Sunbeam .

Julian D.

Thank you. We have called the customer service line to ask some questions and you guys were excellent.

M P.

M P.

Changed my life (well my mornings anyway), a ritual i look forward to everyday

I ended up getting the EM7000 Cafe Series with a separate grinder. The EM7000 is truly cafe grade from the portafilter, the tamper and just the way the grouphead is hot and the finish is entirely in metal just like the speciality Italian jobs.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Hi M P.
Thanks for the great feedback! Great coffee does make an excellent start to the day.

Hi M.P,
You are indeed correct. :) The new Instruction Manuals have been updated to reflect 20 as the better grind setting.

Seems great so far

We Brought this in just under a week ago so still trying to work out the perfect grind and tampering for us
The coffee is nice and hot and the machine very easy to use.
The only issue I have with it is how slow it grinds the beans! not sure if I am doing anything wrong but it just seems to grind really slowly. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. Other then that, very happy with out purchase. We owned an Automatic grinding machine prior which lasted 8yrs so hoping to get the same lifespan out of this Sunbeam :-)

Purchased in February 2019 for $490.00.

Hi Janee69 .
Thanks for your feedback. Great to hear you're enjoying your EM5300. In regards to the grind - the finer the grind - the slower it will take to extract.
Enjoy !

Janee69

Thanks for that. Unfortunately when I select the slower grind the grinder stops due to overheating. How full should the head be filled? Overflowing? I'm thinking I might be trying to put too much in?

Hi Janee69,
Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can assist you further.

Ange01

Ange01Nelson

Cute but messy.

The machine sits nicely on the bench and the built in grinder works really well. The negatives for me (and it is probably me doing something wrong) are the excess coffee grinds is wasteful and messy (and I do move the handle side to side), and using the steam wand is quite a process. You need to turn right and wait until the light glows blue, then switch back for a while until it heats, then switch to the right again. Seems quite convoluted.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hi Ange01,
You could always grind into a container then use from there to avoid waste.
Thank you for taking the time to review for us.

Steve T

Steve TMurray Region, NSW

Fantastic machine at last

First off I want to say I have had many espresso machines , both manual, full auto and Pod, and this is the best machine I have ever owned.
It makes a terrific cup of coffee, I have mine as a small black and after getting the grind and doing everything the manual says to do I get a perfect cup every time. A great cup the correct temperature and a wonderful thick creama

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $558.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Steve T, it is a great machine, thank you for taking your time to review it!

Mama P

Mama PSouth East Queensland, QLD

The ultimate at home machine for a cafe style coffee

This machine consistently delivers cafe style coffee with the convenience and affordability of having it in your own home. Easy to use, clean, set up.
I'm still a little off nailing the milk frothing but all in all, highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2018.

Product is used: Several times a week
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mama P, thank you for giving our coffee machine such a great review, so please you are enjoying using it!

Erin

ErinCanberra

Fantastic Machine - Makes the perfect gift!

The quality of the coffee is definitely cafe barista quality. The quality is consistent and the temperature is nice and hot. The milk frothing wand is great easy to use and the machine comes with a handy jug to froth the milk. We love being able to purchase and try new coffee beans and the inbuilt grinder works really well.

Really love that the machine is nice and compact and looks great too. It fits well on our bench.

Would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Erin!

Tris

TrisAU

Best home coffee machine!

I'm very fussy with my coffee and absolutely love the quality of the coffee this machine makes. Its as good as a Melbourne barista made coffee. The machine is easy to set up and use. It took a little bit of playing around with the settings to get it just right for the beans I was using, but worth it to make the perfect coffee. Very simple to clean too. It does spill a little excess coffee grinds out the sides when grinding it, but other than that I love this machine.
Highly recommend this machine for anyone who loves coffee and wants to make it at home.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Tris!

I've stopped buying cafe coffees...because the coffees I make with this are better!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Jasmine.

Brizzo

BrizzoBrisbane

Best at-home coffee I've had.

We're very satisfied with this, and we both have access to commercial machines at work so have kinda high expectations. We use it every day.

It can take a few goes to get the grind coarseness, volume of coffee and tamping right - still occasionally have a miss that pours too quick with no crema or drips out slowly - but once you've worked it out you're good to go. Temperature is spot on. Fresh, fresh beans definitely makes a big difference! If you're not getting the crema you'd expect from a cafe coffee, try some fresh beans from a local roaster.

Love that a grinder is integrated, pleased to not be creating waste a-la pod machines, and it looks good in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedOct 2018