Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300

Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300

MPN: EM5300

Fantastic machine at last

First off I want to say I have had many espresso machines , both manual, full auto and Pod, and this is the best machine I have ever owned.
It makes a terrific cup of coffee, I have mine as a small black and after getting the grind and doing everything the manual says to do I get a perfect cup every time. A great cup the correct temperature and a wonderful thick creama

Purchased at Bing Lee Physical store for $558.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily
Hi Steve T, it is a great machine, thank you for taking your time to review it!

The ultimate at home machine for a cafe style coffee

This machine consistently delivers cafe style coffee with the convenience and affordability of having it in your own home. Easy to use, clean, set up.
I'm still a little off nailing the milk frothing but all in all, highly recommended.

Purchased .

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Mama P, thank you for giving our coffee machine such a great review, so please you are enjoying using it!

Fantastic Machine - Makes the perfect gift!

The quality of the coffee is definitely cafe barista quality. The quality is consistent and the temperature is nice and hot. The milk frothing wand is great easy to use and the machine comes with a handy jug to froth the milk. We love being able to purchase and try new coffee beans and the inbuilt grinder works really well.

Really love that the machine is nice and compact and looks great too. It fits well on our bench.

Would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for the great review Erin!

Best home coffee machine!

I'm very fussy with my coffee and absolutely love the quality of the coffee this machine makes. Its as good as a Melbourne barista made coffee. The machine is easy to set up and use. It took a little bit of playing around with the settings to get it just right for the beans I was using, but worth it to make the perfect coffee. Very simple to clean too. It does spill a little excess coffee grinds out the sides when grinding it, but other than that I love this machine.
Highly recommend this machine for anyone who loves coffee and wants to make it at home.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Tris!

I've stopped buying cafe coffees...because the coffees I make with this are better!

If you're in the market for a coffee machine, you must take a look at the Sunbeam Barista Max. Basically, I hope it stays in my life forever. I think it's the perfect machine for those who loved the convenience and ease of a pod machine however want to branch out to a real espresso machine. The coffee I'm making is cafe quality - I used to buy at least one coffee per day from the local cafe, and since I have had the Barista Max I've bought only one (and I didn't enjoy it!).  It's easy to use out of the box, however the different settings for grinding, tamping etc make it fun to experiment with if you're after more manual controls. We have limited bench space so I loved the built-in grinder. I found the two-cup filter basket much easier to use than the one-cup (need more practice with that). Also, I've set my grinder to 20 which I find is perfect. I love it, and a few of my friends have their eyes on one too.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Jasmine.

Best at-home coffee I've had.

We're very satisfied with this, and we both have access to commercial machines at work so have kinda high expectations. We use it every day.

It can take a few goes to get the grind coarseness, volume of coffee and tamping right - still occasionally have a miss that pours too quick with no crema or drips out slowly - but once you've worked it out you're good to go. Temperature is spot on. Fresh, fresh beans definitely makes a big difference! If you're not getting the crema you'd expect from a cafe coffee, try some fresh beans from a local roaster.

Love that a grinder is integrated, pleased to not be creating waste a-la pod machines, and it looks good in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Easy to use but too much ground coffee wasted

This is my first coffee machine yet I found it easy to use. I can now enjoy cafe style coffee at the comfort of my own home. Grinding, extraction and texturising milk is simple to do. The final outcome is of course dependent on the quality of the coffee beans you use. What I see as an improvement to this product is a re-design to the grinding section so that no ground coffee ends outside the grouphead. Too much ground coffee ends splattered around - a mess I don't appreciate cleaning up. Also, it would be good if you can simultaneously use coffee extraction and milk texturising. At the moment, you can only do one at a time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Alfred, thanks for the feedback on the EM5300 - when you are grinding the beans you can move your group handle from side to side which can even the peak down reducing the spillage. There is a little bin under the drip tray which can catch the spilled grounds. This machine has a single thermoblock therefore you can't extract and texturise at the same time on this one.

WE LOVE IT!

The Sunbeam Barista max is a great coffee machine, so easy to use, easy to clean and lets people like me make cafe quality coffees at home! The inbuilt grinder is super handy and takes up no extra space on the bench which is great for people like us with little bench space. We will NEVER be going back to pods again!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi, thank you for the great review, happy to see you are enjoying using the machine

My favourite kitchen appliance

I love a gadget that saves time and space. The Sunbeam Barista Max does both! I love how compact and efficient this machine is, but most importantly it makes beautiful "caeft-style" coffee. The inbuilt grinder is also a plus and keeps my kitchen bench tidy and clean. Love the Sunbeam Barista Max!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
It seems everyone is loving this machine, thanks for sharing!!

A Mum must have : we love it!!!

We are so impressed with this machine; the sunbeam barista max is the perfect addition to our kitchen and daily routine. The machine is simple to use and creates a beautiful coffee that’s cafe quality. The coffee is the perfect temperature and I feel like I’m getting my daily cafe hit In the comfort of my own home. As a mum, this saves me time and money. We love our barista max and highly recommend!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Cassandra Mic, great to see you so happy using this machine, thank you for reviewing!!!

I can never go back to the pods!!

I LOVE THIS MACHINE. It is easy to use, easy to clean and not full of fandangled gadgets that add no value to the end result. The inbuilt grinder saves bench space. Perfect cafe style coffee at home.
It's a good looking machine too, so I am not sorry about it being on the bench. Not too big either which is perfect for not clogging up your bench!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Jess, great and thanks for taking your time to leave us a review!

Espresso martinis on me!

I love this little guy. I’ve wanted a machine for a while but am a bit of a snob about coffee and didn’t think I’d be able to make decent coffee myself. This machine drew me in with it’s clean, simple design and integrated grinder (I don’t have much bench space). It delivers the goods and makes great coffee. In fact, it’s pretty hard to stuff it up. The instructions work. Coffee nerds will appreciate the manual programming options but I didn’t change a thing, the default settings are perfect for me. Now I walk out the door smug as with my takeaway coffee ready to go. My mum liked my barista max so much she bought one for herself.

Surprise benefit- I can now make cracking espresso martinis at home!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Great to hear !!! thanks heaps for the review

Great coffee machine!!! Using it in a camper trailer.

We are using the coffee machine in a camper trailer powered by a 12 volt battery through an inverter. The coffee is great, as is the steamed milk and the integrated grinder is terrific. As we camp around Australia, we find the aroma of real coffee attracts many friends and the machine does a wonderful job of churning out great coffee for us and friends in some of the most remote parts of Australia.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Jon L, so envious of your travelling! Great to see you using the machine in such a great way...

Have you heard the rumour? I bloody love it!

The Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300 is a great compact coffee machine. Love the all-in-one design which saves kitchen bench space and the machine is very easy to use and clean. Finding the right grind setting took a bit of experimenting but once you find it the machine produces a great smooth coffee in minutes. Definitely recommend this one from Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Ken!

Simple Cafe quality coffee at home

The Barista Max is so easy to use. The grinder takes two or three goes to get the right consistency and then beautiful flavoured coffee is created, each and every time. It looks beautiful on my countertop and huge water tank. The temperature is consistent and easy to change, if needed. Never have I used a machine that is so easy and simple with great results. Ps: the grinder is very quiet too!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Deeb!

Sleek, modern and easy to use

I have loved the coffee this machine makes, it is actually better than some coffee shops I have sat at and I can't believe how easy it is to use and I feel like anyone can be a barista! The grinder is pretty cool and very quiet. At a touch of a button I can have a double shot and within seconds I am frothing the milk, the texture is silky and hot.

By the way It looks great on my kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great review Royboy.

Best choice ever

I bought this machine for my daughter and she loves it, nice design specially the black one, it looks and produces the tastiest coffee.

Very satisfied with my choice for a gift for a special person.

Sunbeam products always been so reliable and value for money.

I will be buying one for my self also.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Best Barista Machine

I've had the Barista Max for 3 months. It was more for my partner who loves italian-style coffee but I started to drink coffee every morning since we got the machine. We have tried different beans, and whatever the grind size and quantity, the coffee is always excellent. The machine is very easy to use and is perfect for espresso, but I like to use it to do chai latte or soy latte thanks to the great Steam wand for frothing. My partner and I, got Nespresso coffee machine in the past, and we are very happy to switch to a real barista machine, the taste and the experience are totally different. We are used to host guests in our bed&breakfast house, and everyone is enjoying our new coffee!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the great review!! You can't beat the taste of freshly ground coffee!!

Everyone needs a Barista at home.

Its the ideal Barista coffee machine to have at home at the tip of your fingers. With its creamy coffee blend and perfect temperature this machine machine makes the perfect café coffee blend.
Its 58cm group handle delivers the consistency of the right amount of coffee poured everytime.
Its pre infusion allows the coffee oils to be released before the coffee is poured, which that gives it the perfect crème and blend.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi TDM, thanks for the fab review, so happy you love using it!

Brilliant Coffee Machine

We purchased this machine about a month ago and so glad we did, easy to use, found the grind level that suits us and the coffee has the same consistency and temperature every time. The machine just needs a wipe and looks like new, no need to stainless steel cleaner to make it shine. One of the best coffee machines we have purchased and would highly recommended the Barista Max EM5300.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Rosie, so happy you love the machine, it really is a great one so love seeing the great results!

I have read in reviews that the optimal grind setting is 15 for this machine - but I find that I need setting 4 (using supermarket Vittoria beans, which are marked with expiry date of Oct 2019). Even with setting 4 the extraction time is 10-15sec (max) with ordinary crema. I use the 2 cup basket, fill to the same level and tamp consistently. Please, can you let me know?
There are so many reasons why including coffee brand, weather, grind and machine issues. Assuming you have checked the manual and done a google search the next logical step is ring them rather than hope that one member knows.Hi Peter, Sunbeam's recommended setting of 15 is based on using freshly roasted beans. However this is just a recommendation as age/brand/ambient room temperature can affect the grind setting. A tip would be not to buy beans based on their expiry date but to always check the 'roasted on' date. Typically you won't have a roasted date on supermarket bought coffee beans. Hope this helps.

We purchased the coffee machine in September 2018 for our office and last week when we switched the unit on, the grinder light comes on as normal followed immediately by both steam lights that flash continually. The steam knob is in the off position. We dont know how to rectify this as it prevent us from making coffee. Any ideas?
Yes. Contact Sunbeam obviouslyHi Lee. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We haven't come across an issue like this before so it's hard to diagnose. Could you please give our customer care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our coffee experts will be able to do some trouble shooting with you.

I purchased this machine after reading nothing but good reviews. Got it set up and was thrilled with quality of the quality that it makes. However, randomly after less than two weeks the grinder has stopped working. I have followed all instructions, taken the beans out, cleaned etc and it still wont grind the coffee. It makes the noise but no grinds are produced. Seems like the beans are jamming the grinder maybe? Is there anything else I can try or is this a fault and the machine needs to be returned?
HI Toni, Hard to determine exactly what this may be. Why don't you give our team a call to discuss further or if easier for you, please return to store.

Barista Max EM5300