Sunbeam Sleep Perfect

Queen (BL5151), King (BL5171), Single (BL5121), etc...

Electric Blankets Buying Guide

Along with hot drinks and thick socks, electric blankets are one of winter’s most-loved creature comforts. If you’re looking for wraparound warmth that clings to you deliciously, an electric blanket or heated throw is a top pick.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Lalbert

LalbertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A big thumbs-up to Sunbeam!

This product is well designed with good features and functionality. I have had good use of mine for almost 8 years, but then the controller failed. (Maybe a rare case. A premium-priced product should last for 20+ years.) I called Sunbeam customer service and they arranged to send me a replacement controller free of charge! A big thumbs-up to Sunbeam.

Purchased in June 2014 at Betta Home Living for $90.00.

Michael012

Michael012Melbourne

Very poor quality product

Bought this electric blanket from Appliances Direct for $154 in November 2014. Worked well initially but over the first three years we had one controller and then the other fail before the blanket itself also failed. All replaced under warranty but had to return the failed blanket with receipt to the selling retailer which was on the other side of the city. Very inconvenient! Replacement controllers also both eventually failed but were not covered under warranty so had to buy further replacement units. Very poor quality product.

Purchased in November 2014 at Appliances Direct Online for $154.00.

BERNY ITALIAN DIVA

BERNY ITALIAN DIVASydney, NSW

We bought 7! All stopped working very quick!

Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Find out how Sunbeam Sleep Perfect compares to other Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Mandolin C.

Mandolin C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Work well as described

Work well as described. Heated up fast with timer but the connector is too obvious when sleep on it, that makes sleeping not quite comfortable. Moreover, quite expensive compared to other brands.

Sarah

SarahVictoria

So warm!!

I Love it!
Warms up so quickly. And I love that I can set it to a lower temperature, and timer on so I can fall asleep with it on safely.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $179.00.

Michaela

Michaela

Does what it says it will

I’ve only had this electric blanket for a short time but very happy already. It’s easy to fit on the bed and warms it up really well on a cold night.

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer.

NAMD

NAMDSydney, NSW

Expensive blanket

Blanket worked perfectly fine so far but one side of the blanket has stopped working. Controllers are ok as I swapped them and they were working fine. So the fault is in the actual blanket. Unfortunately, warranty expired by just one week so unable to get replacement. Quite disappointed. I did call Sunbeam on 8/06/20 and sent email as well from pushpa.nand@hotmail.com. Pls check your records

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $117.30.

Mooey

Mooey

Expensive for what is a fairly standard sort of blanket

I have had poor luck with electric blankets over the past years. The last one was a fitted Jason brand which didn't even fit properly, prior to that was Goldair which had a failed controller within 4 months. So, I decided to bite the bullet and go for Sunbeam although it was 3 times the price of the Jason brand. The blanket does what it should - it heats up the bed. That's about it. There's no bells or whistles, it won't make you breakfast in the morning or make the bed for you. Is the price justified? Not in my opinion but if it lasts a few winters then I'll consider it a worthwhile purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 at BriscoesNZ.

Control stopped working

One controller stoped working. Only had the blanket for 14 days.
Should have known better than to purchase as my parents have had the same trouble with there's and then the replacement one too.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $159.00.

StewWestern Australia

Doesn’t work like cheaper brands. Dials hard to read being red light even with my reading glasses.

Very disappointed with this Sumbeam electric blanket, I never spend this much on a blanket as the ones I buy usually only last about two years before I throw out. I decided to buy myself a good brand this year and after reading up about how it heats your feet I was hooked, so when it arrived I couldn’t wait for the weather to change first time felt cool in top half and warmer down towards the bottom anyway it still hasn’t improved wish I hadn’t bought now as 4 cheaper brands to just 1 of these. Also the dial is hard to read being red light that is so bright you can’t see the numbers for heating.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bed Buys for $157.00.

EmmiGippsland, VIC

Toasty night sleep

Easy to put on bed as it is fitted takes no time to warm up, and nice and toasty when you get in. Good value for a quality electric blanket.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Emmi,
Thank you for the great feedback!

John Candido

John CandidoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An Excellent Electric Blanket

I have been kept fabulously warm during a very cold winter by my purchase of a Sunbeam Electric blanket. Its control hangs conveniently by my bed and has a blue light to make the control visible in a darkened room.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello John Candido,
Thank you for the lovely review!

Lynda H

Lynda HPeel, WA

This is Blanket 5 in this series - I thought the fault had been fixed.. not so!!

Purchased in April 2018 at The Good Guys for $137.00.

Emcee

Emcee

Expensive blanket, poor quality controllers

One controller stopped working during the first winter, so have been using the other for 3 years. This one failed last week. I now find that I can replace one controller for $47.50 on ebay, but the 758 sold already from just one seller tells me not to waste my money. For the price of 2 controllers I can buy another blanket. This time I'll do some research. Meanwhile I'm using my Jason $25 blanket from Big W.

Purchased for $200.00.

Karina

Karina

Excellent in every way but only lasted 3 seasons

My partner and I have enjoyed our blanket for three seasons but now one sides handset is now longer working.
It warms the bed in 10 mins saving on our power bill and even quicker - like one minute if you are in bed.
There are no cold patches. The attachment to the bed is not in the way and it fits our bed well - even with a memory foam topping.
You can set it for 75min - which is all we usually need - as we are sufficiently warm. Of the 9 settings we only use number 7. There is an option to set for 12 hrs. An option I’ve only used once when I had the flu.

We will buy another given the poor reviews on the Breville option.

Purchased in April 2017 for $199.00.

John

JohnPeel, WA

Blanket is good, Control is questionable.

I purchaced the blanket in July 2014,In May 2015 one of the controllers ceased to operate, I spoke with Peter at Customer Care and a replacement was sent to me straight away. Yesterday one of the controllers ceased to function, whether it was the original or the replacement I do not know. There was no flashing light just stopped functioning. The first fault in 2015 was most likely a loose contact in the timer as it would work if turned upside down. The blanket is now well out of warranty and a new controller is in the vicinity of $65, so what is the choice, a new controller for a five year old blanket or a new blanket? if the latter what brand.

Purchased in July 2014 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Hi John,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The controls on the electric blankets have delicate wires (as do the elements). Whilst not everyone needs to replace theses it can happen from time to time. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

N.IB.P

N.IB.PWestern Australia

Warranty

I was told that my King fitted electric blanket BL5174 by Sunbeam Customer Service was out of warranty (response no.00694568).I used for the first time in 2018 and now the element was faulty. I am very disappointed with the product and felt that it was unfair for me. It was supplied to the shop in 2015 but it was sold to me in 2017. As I do not have my receipt I can’t get replacement for that reason.

Purchased in December 2017.

Muppetvet

MuppetvetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Rubbish

Would give 0 if I could. Have now purchased 2 of these blankets and both stopped working due to faulty controllers. Controls just flash and don't turn on, happened on both sides of the bed and one of them didnt even make it halfway through first winter of use!! This is an extremely common problem with these products which the manufacturer has clearly not tried to improve. Save your money - these are rubbish.

Purchased in May 2018.

Hi Muppetvet,
So sorry to hear of your experience with the blankets. I will ensure this is passed on to our product team. You feedback is taken seriously. Kind regards Sunbeam

Paul

PaulAU

Not Happy

I bought two electric blankets and both of the switches on both blankets are gone dead. I don’t know how to fix the problem. What does that say for the safety

Purchased in March 2018 at David Jones.

Hi Michael,
I'm not sure what model you purchase but most of our blankets come with a 3 year warranty. You can return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we may be able to assist you with replacement controllers.

Bsmith81

Bsmith81

Worked perfectly for 2 years

Have never had any issues with this for just over 2 years but now it is dead on both sides, no lights no nothing and David Jones says “out of warranty” which is a shame I mean I don’t know many people who use it in summer so it could have broken months ago! I’d expect much better warranty for a higher end product like this!

Purchased in March 2017 at David Jones Online Store for $199.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Bsmith81, this blanket comes with a 3 year warranty so you can return to the store for a replacement