Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

MPNs: 36023362 and SNB-EM5000

• Product is used:
    • Daily (14)
    • Several times a week (3)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Bbb100

Bbb100Illawarra, NSW

Love a good cuppa

I was very happy with this purchase. Great value for money. I can make a good coffee I'm the comfort of my own home. I even use it to make coffees on the go in my take away cup.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Hi Bbb100,
Thank you for the review!
ENJOY!

Beccaxx

BeccaxxSydney, NSW

I love my coffee machine

I absolutely love my coffee machine I use it multiple times a day works perfectly and very fast extremely good value for money and affordable I recommend this product highly

Purchased in July 2019 at Bigw for $200.00.

Hello Beccaxx,
Thank you for your feedback! Glad your loving your Sunbeam Cafe Barista coffee.

Bunny M.Central Queensland, QLD

Fragile

I was happy with this machine up to a point. It made nice coffee, frothed milk well and seemed like good value. However, every so often it decided to purge the contents of the water reservoir all over the bench (and floor). This became increasingly prevalent and impossible to fix. Still, I put up with this "quirk" until after owning it for 13 months it decided not to work at all. All 3 lights would illuminate but pressing them for any length of time did absolutely nothing. Unable to fix and out of warranty it was chucked in the bin. Maybe Sunbeam have now initiated 'built in obsolescence' in their manufacturing process. What they don't understand is I'm now put off the brand for life.

Lyn CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great easy morning cappuccino at home

We purchased this for my soldier son returning from operation. We decided to unpack it and try it in case it didn’t work well. Wow. I said to my husband it’s really good. Let’s keep it. We used it in our van everyday. We now have one at home. The froff isn’t as tight and creamy as your up market cafe but better than instant. If you don’t want to spend $1000 on a better coffee machine, and you don’t want a pod option then this is the best machine. We got our money back from it after 3 weeks

Purchased in September 2019 at Bigw for $169.00.

GrinderCusinart

Hello Lyn C,
So Happy to hear you love the Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000 and so very glad we will be making a soldier happy and energized!

OldManDingo

OldManDingoSydney

There are better options out there.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for your feedback.

Tye_HIlly

Tye_HIllySouth East Queensland, QLD

After 6 months still going string

Purchased this machine about 6 months ago. Picked it up for $170 while researching what $1000+ machine to get. I don't think I will be importing an Italian machine. For the money I'm pulling great coffee out of this, it's super easy to use and convenient milk container is a plus. Easy to clean. It is a mass produced machine so if you get a filth one just replace it. I was a coffee machine tech and trust me the $7000 machines have way more faults. So for the money if it last me a year I'm stoked anything after that is just the cream on the top lol, happy brewing

Purchased in May 2019 for $170.00.

Hello Tye_HIlly
So glad you love your Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000! Thanks for the review.

Faulty - broke before we had a single cup of coffee

It turned out the machine was faulty when we first set it up. The water does not flow from the reservoir, so need to bring it back on day 1

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for $179.00.

Hello Neil,
So sorry to hear that we have let you down, I hope the issue was resolved and you have a new machine?
Please do update me, in case you do still need assistance.

Angela M.

Angela M.Sydney, NSW

Easy to use, simple coffee machine

I didn't want to spend a small fortune on getting a decent coffee to drink at home. This is compact, and very easy to use, and easy to clean.
I had read several bad reviews, but after owning one, I have 0 issues with anything.
12month replacement guarantee seemed good to me too. Honestly, the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because when it starts frothing the milk, it scares the s**t out of everyone in the kitchen...it's pretty loud lol.

Purchased for $150.00.

Hello Angela M.
Thank you for the wonderful review, we're so happy to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam coffee!

Susan Sharpe

Susan SharpeApple Tree Creek

Coffee lover .

This machine is brilliant the coffee it produces is hot ,flavoursome and easy to make . Cleaning is a breeze and it looks terrific on our bench . Once it was set up it took no time to learn how to make great cups of coffee . Highly recommended .

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

GrinderSunbeam AutoGrinder II EM0420
sawx11

sawx11Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great budget auto coffee machine

Bought this coffee machine about 9 months ago. It is a solid product and never miss a bit. The coffee quality is very closed to the medium to high level machines. At least, it woke me up every morning by providing me instant but good quality coffee. I like it so much. Recommend this machine for your routine lives.

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for $179.00.

Hello sawx11,
WOW - What a wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000. I hope it brings you many more happy coffee morning!

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

terrible..

So disappointed with this coffee machine. I bought it 2 years ago and the porta filter holder was missing a screw in the middle and when we called up within the first month they told us that they do not do spare parts for this machine and that we would have to return the WHOLE machine ( meaning we would not have a machine for a month or so). 2 years on.. and still dissappointed with the product. The milk frother does not work well at all, foam is too thick even on lower setting, and the coffee ALWAYS tastes bitter, no matter what coffee we try. I wish we could change this machine for a NON automatic milk frothing machine.

Purchased at Catch for $200.00.

NatalieSydney

Disappointed with temp of water

Hello,
Purchased this machine 3 weeks ago from Amazon and I must say it's a great machine however the temperature of water is disappointing. Is there any other type of step I can follow to make the water temp much hotter rather than warm?

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $159.20.

Hi Natalie,
The water temp is never high in Espresso Machines and is designed this way. Please call our team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

Natalie

Item has been returned. Never heard of a coffee machine that doesn't produce enough hot water. Ridiculous.

Hi Natalie,
Apologise for your inconvenience.

Love this little machine

I purchased this machine October last year from Big W and I absolutely love it.
Makes great tasting coffee and it’s so easy to use and wash.
The only thing that has started to happen recently is that the milk overflows every time in both the latte and cappuccino mode which means I have to stand there to stop it and do the shots separately.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W.

Craig M.

Craig M.South West, WA

cheap

i bought 4 months ago worked fine then i noticed i couldnt get it to pump water i pushed the water tank down hard and it started this would happen every time i removed the water tank TODAY descaled i got half way threw flush and the pump stopped working

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $159.00.

Hi Craig M.
So sorry to hear this. Please return the EM5000 to BIG W for a replacement.
Kind Regards Sunbeam.

wira

wiraAU

Frothing is below standard.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Product is used: Several times a week
GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder 11160-294UK (Red)

Hi wira,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the EM5000. Your feedback will be passed onto our product manger. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Great Machine and Value, Coffee taste a little burnt

easy to use and value for money.
feels half decent and seems to froth well.
easy to clean as well
Unsure if it's me but coffee always tastes a little burnt or bitter

Purchased in May 2019 for $199.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dylan,Thanks for the great review. The bitter taste could be that the grind may be too fine and taking longer to extract. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Dylan
Dylan

Thanks for the suggestion , I’ll try a different blend :) great service

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thank you Dylan. Also make sure you wipe under where the handle goes to get rid of any waste coffee as this can affect the taste as well...

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Great for at home mums

Being a former barista and working in the office I was finding I needed a coffee fix before work
Sunbeam make good appliances - it’s light weight and easy to clean
I do worry that some of the parts when being cleaned could be lost down the sink if you’ve got an old fashioned farm house like myself...
The coffee itself has a nice extraction but be warned the milk comes out so frothy even on the less frothy setting and is burn your mouth hot - which is fine if you’re one of those people who like burnt coffee taste anything over 65 degrees changes the flavour of coffee actually burns the coffee shot so unfortunately I’m selling mine

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for $350.00.

Product is used: Rarely
GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Rachel P. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent product! Easy to use

Purchased this product online. The product doesn't take too much space, it's easy to use and I have been using it over the last few months and its pretty amazing for the price I paid for it. No complaints.

Purchased in April 2017 for $195.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Tom, great o hear it's going well, thank you for reviewing!

nomeAdelaide, South Australia

Good machine, really disappointed with milk frother

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Nome, thank you for reviewing our machine...

nome

Thanks, can I still return it without the box as I didn't keep the packaging?

Dan17AU

Milk dispenser doesn't work. Will return tomorrow.

Bought a week ago and arrived today. Went through all steps carefully for setup. Milk doesn't dispense at all. No foam nothing. Just steam. Not sure I want a replacement maybe I'll go for a different model. Very disappointed after spending $299.

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dan17, sorry to hear you are having problems. Sometimes there may be an airlock and after running for a bit it will clear but if not please return to your store of purchase.

Dan17

I returned it and when I setup my replacement I saw there was a tube missing that draws up the milk in the one I had gotten sent originally. Part was simply missing.