MPNs: 36023362 and SNB-EM5000

Love this little machine

I purchased this machine October last year from Big W and I absolutely love it.
Makes great tasting coffee and it’s so easy to use and wash.
The only thing that has started to happen recently is that the milk overflows every time in both the latte and cappuccino mode which means I have to stand there to stop it and do the shots separately.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Vanina, Thanks for the great review!. We love this machine too. In regards to the milk over flow please try running a cleaning cycle. If this does not resolve it and you have kept your receipt please return it to BIG W for a replacement. Kind Regards Sunbeam

cheap

i bought 4 months ago worked fine then i noticed i couldnt get it to pump water i pushed the water tank down hard and it started this would happen every time i removed the water tank TODAY descaled i got half way threw flush and the pump stopped working

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $159.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Craig M. So sorry to hear this. Please return the EM5000 to BIG W for a replacement. Kind Regards Sunbeam.

Frothing is below standard.

After we used a few similar machines, my wife noticed this online more than 3 years ago, and decided to give it a go. We also watched the YouTube promotion video and was impressed with the ease of use when compared to manual frothing type. Sadly our skill have grown to frothing the milk quite well with the manual type, and hence this automatic one is honestly, really poor. The frothed milk is not fine enough despite turning the selection to give finest frothing. Also, cleaning the frothing part is troublesome when one has to dissemble all for thorough cleaning, as compared to the simple purging for the manual type. On the good side, it lasts longer than the usual manual types. So we will probably be waiting a bit longer for it to break down as the excuse to buy a new one that frothe better.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Product is used: Several times a week
GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder 11160-294UK (Red)
Hi wira, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the EM5000. Your feedback will be passed onto our product manger. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Great Machine and Value, Coffee taste a little burnt

easy to use and value for money.
feels half decent and seems to froth well.
easy to clean as well
Unsure if it's me but coffee always tastes a little burnt or bitter

Purchased in May 2019 for $199.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Dylan,Thanks for the great review. The bitter taste could be that the grind may be too fine and taking longer to extract. Kind Regards, SunbeamThanks for the suggestion , I’ll try a different blend :) great serviceThank you Dylan. Also make sure you wipe under where the handle goes to get rid of any waste coffee as this can affect the taste as well...

Great for at home mums

Being a former barista and working in the office I was finding I needed a coffee fix before work
Sunbeam make good appliances - it’s light weight and easy to clean
I do worry that some of the parts when being cleaned could be lost down the sink if you’ve got an old fashioned farm house like myself...
The coffee itself has a nice extraction but be warned the milk comes out so frothy even on the less frothy setting and is burn your mouth hot - which is fine if you’re one of those people who like burnt coffee taste anything over 65 degrees changes the flavour of coffee actually burns the coffee shot so unfortunately I’m selling mine

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for $350.00.

Product is used: Rarely
GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B
Hi Rachel P. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Excellent product! Easy to use

Purchased this product online. The product doesn't take too much space, it's easy to use and I have been using it over the last few months and its pretty amazing for the price I paid for it. No complaints.

Purchased in April 2017 for $195.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Tom, great o hear it's going well, thank you for reviewing!

Good machine, really disappointed with milk frother

Update: Thanks to Sunbeams excellent and fast response to my reviews I returned this machine and got the Mini Batista instead at a fantastic price and so far I'm absolutely loving it, definitely need to practice my milk frothing skills but that just means more coffee drinking.
EDIT: I've persevered with trying to use the milk frother of this machine, if you like lattes definitely avoid this particular model, the milk comes out watery, way too much froth even on the lowest froth setting, I've given up now and I'm using Nespressos milk frother.

I have had this machine for a few days now after using a pod machine for years. I still need to perfect the grind. The machine is easy to operate but I'm already regretting not getting one with a manual milk frother because I'm just not satisfied with the way the milk turns out and I'd like more control over it, doesn't matter where I turn the knob to it doesn't make much difference. Feeling a bit disappointed but it's not the machines fault as it does what it says.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405
Hi Nome, thank you for reviewing our machine...Hi nome, We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your product. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams. Based on the date of purchase you have provided, and if you have retained your proof of purchase, this model is still under warranty. Please return this to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund. Kind Regards , SunbeamThanks, can I still return it without the box as I didn't keep the packaging?

Milk dispenser doesn't work. Will return tomorrow.

Bought a week ago and arrived today. Went through all steps carefully for setup. Milk doesn't dispense at all. No foam nothing. Just steam. Not sure I want a replacement maybe I'll go for a different model. Very disappointed after spending $299.

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Milk Frothing
Hi Dan17, sorry to hear you are having problems. Sometimes there may be an airlock and after running for a bit it will clear but if not please return to your store of purchase.I returned it and when I setup my replacement I saw there was a tube missing that draws up the milk in the one I had gotten sent originally. Part was simply missing.

Garbage. Pure garbage.

As they say, when it seems to good to be true, it usually is:
- Milk comes out luke warm if you’re lucky
- froth controller has no impact on how frothy the milk is
- milk frother draws in so much hot water that it spits out very watery milk.
- the button to control one shot verses two shot of coffee is laughable. It’s basically a game of Russian roulette. You might get 5ml, you might get 25ml. It doesn’t matter which option you select!
- the coffee might come out with cream on top. MIGHT!
All round; this does not do what it says and does not deserve a good review from anyone.
Epic fail

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $199.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Jay jay, Sorry to hear of your issues with your coffee machine. All feedback is passed on to our design teams. If you have your receipt, please return it to the store of purchase.I have returned it. I replaced it with the Cafe Espresos 11 that when pushing the coffee through, makes a sound like a Boeing 747 trying to clear golden syrup from its motor. Does your design team sit around and see what garbage the CEO will take to market? Is this supposed to make this sound? The steam wand is so quiet and normal.

Excellent little coffee machine

Makes great coffee - espresso, latte, cappuccino. Automatic coffee machine with a milk container. Quick and efficient, we are very happy with the purchase as our old coffee machine broken.
Coffee just tastes exactly as from the coffee shop, instructions on how to use are very clear as well. Also an affordable type of a decent coffee machine, we bought on Promo so it had $50 off, the current price is $200

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Lana, Perfect! Glad to see you're loving the coffee!

Worth of your penny

I am satisfied with the taste of the coffee. The quality of coffee produced is always consistent. The temperature of coffee is pretty right for me, not too hot and not cold. It suits my taste. One thing I could comment is the warranty of this product. I am looking forward for few years using this machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Thanks for the great review Janice.

once you get to know this machine it is pretty good

the offee tastes good like other espresso machines that I have had, I found that I heated up my cup first letting just hot water in for 10 seconds, then put the filter in and voila, 24 december however I encountred a slight glitch and that because the weather was hot thewater container stayed pretty hot and did not let the milk froth so i tried something and that was put it in the freezer for around 4 minutes, then started to make some froth first and it worked welll

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the great review Beth...and the great tip on how to deal with hot water in the hot weather we are having at the mo!!

Very inferior

Thought we would replace our pod machine in the office. Only two of us who use it. I have a very expensive machine at home, and I understand the compromise for the price, but this is just not a great machine. No matter what grind of coffee I try, it is bitter and extracts very little coffee, not even 10secs worth. Tried to extract a longer coffee (as I enjoy a long black) by pressing the manual button, doesn't work. There is only one tiny hole for the coffee to escape through the coffee filter, and leaves a very watery mess with coffee in the filter. Just not impressed at all. The material that the porter filter and cup filter is made from is really quite inferior I think. When pulling the cup filter off the porter filter to clean it, there is an awful smell of ?metal or something most unpleasant. My colleague feels the same about this machine and is not happy with the taste of coffee either.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Bushbaby, sorry to hear you are not happy with the machine. Would you maybe consider giving our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you and maybe attempt some troubleshooting with the grind.Thanks- I have sold it on.

Excellent and affordable

The machine produces great quality coffee and it's quite simple to use.

It's also easy to clean up and does not take much space.

If there is one problem with the machine is that sometimes it releases so much froth even on the lowest setting.

Would still recommend as it's a great way to save money in the long term.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
HI Amro E, thanks for writing a great review!

Compact

I am satisfied wth the second one .I had to return my first one as it leaked water and the steam didn't work very well.When I returned it I had no trouble JB exchanged it for a new one.They were very professional.The second is great.works like a charm .Easy to use and clean.I save a lot of money now as I don't buy take away coffee any more.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Thanks for the great review Mary O.

Bought today. Will be returning for a refund tomorrow

I was so excited to buy this machine and try it out today.
I made 2 cups of coffee. Both tasted really awful but I thought I needed to work out the strength due to trial and error.
I then unplugged the unit. I went back to it a couple of hours later and it was sitting in a pool of water on my benchtop. Maybe I had split some.
I dried the mess and returned a while later. More water. This time I lifted the unit and water was coming from the base of the unit. The drip tray was dry. But it was dripping from the unit itself. The water reservoir was in correctly and was not overfull.
I will be returning it for a refund tomorrow

Great coffee machine

I've upgraded to this machine from an Aldi pod machine. Why didn't I do it years ago! So easy to use and the coffee is fabulous. I find it the perfect temperature, plenty hot enough and the milk frother works well. So far I've only used Grinders coffee which is lovely but will try some others over time to compare. Cleaning is very simple and quick, I'm really happy with this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Redrobin!

Makes better than outside bought coffee

The sunbeam coffee machine in my opinion creates the best coffee every time and is so much better than bought out side coffee. It's simple to set up and use and dose the perfect mix of milk and coffee. I always have a coffee in the morning and some times take a cuppa out in a flask. It cost a bit to own but the savings have come on after

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Davey, so happy you are using and enjoying this machine, thanks for sharing your opinion of this machine....

Nice coffee Machine

This is a good quality machine for the price range. Prepares good quality cappuccino and latte. Can not control the amount of frothing milk but manually can adjust for each cup. It has two cup option however the space not enough to place two cups side by side. However it has functions like a expensive machines. We are very happy with the results.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the great review Gune!

Makes perfect cafe coffee every use

We been so happy since we picked one of these up. It makes the best coffee in the same style as a cafe one. The only draw back I had was the buttons could be a little bigger making it easy to press them but that's the only issue I had.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Rachael, great to see you are enjoying your cuppa and thanks for the positive review.