Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

MPNs: 36023362 and SNB-EM5000

Excellent little coffee machine

Makes great coffee - espresso, latte, cappuccino. Automatic coffee machine with a milk container. Quick and efficient, we are very happy with the purchase as our old coffee machine broken.
Coffee just tastes exactly as from the coffee shop, instructions on how to use are very clear as well. Also an affordable type of a decent coffee machine, we bought on Promo so it had $50 off, the current price is $200

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Lana, Perfect! Glad to see you're loving the coffee!

Worth of your penny

I am satisfied with the taste of the coffee. The quality of coffee produced is always consistent. The temperature of coffee is pretty right for me, not too hot and not cold. It suits my taste. One thing I could comment is the warranty of this product. I am looking forward for few years using this machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Thanks for the great review Janice.

need more warranty 12 month is not enough

Mine is just 12 months old one week out of warranty and the milk s not coming out properly the rest of the machine is fine, I was hoping to get more than 12 months out of this machine , very disappointed. cant fault the machine any other way, good coffee, the coffee great , there should be more than 12 months warranty on this product, clean it as noted, but still wont pump milk right.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi sandy, Sorry to hear of the problem. Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assistwent back to BIG w they gave me a new one

once you get to know this machine it is pretty good

the offee tastes good like other espresso machines that I have had, I found that I heated up my cup first letting just hot water in for 10 seconds, then put the filter in and voila, 24 december however I encountred a slight glitch and that because the weather was hot thewater container stayed pretty hot and did not let the milk froth so i tried something and that was put it in the freezer for around 4 minutes, then started to make some froth first and it worked welll

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the great review Beth...and the great tip on how to deal with hot water in the hot weather we are having at the mo!!

Very inferior

Thought we would replace our pod machine in the office. Only two of us who use it. I have a very expensive machine at home, and I understand the compromise for the price, but this is just not a great machine. No matter what grind of coffee I try, it is bitter and extracts very little coffee, not even 10secs worth. Tried to extract a longer coffee (as I enjoy a long black) by pressing the manual button, doesn't work. There is only one tiny hole for the coffee to escape through the coffee filter, and leaves a very watery mess with coffee in the filter. Just not impressed at all. The material that the porter filter and cup filter is made from is really quite inferior I think. When pulling the cup filter off the porter filter to clean it, there is an awful smell of ?metal or something most unpleasant. My colleague feels the same about this machine and is not happy with the taste of coffee either.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Bushbaby, sorry to hear you are not happy with the machine. Would you maybe consider giving our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you and maybe attempt some troubleshooting with the grind.Thanks- I have sold it on.

Excellent and affordable

The machine produces great quality coffee and it's quite simple to use.

It's also easy to clean up and does not take much space.

If there is one problem with the machine is that sometimes it releases so much froth even on the lowest setting.

Would still recommend as it's a great way to save money in the long term.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
HI Amro E, thanks for writing a great review!

Compact

I am satisfied wth the second one .I had to return my first one as it leaked water and the steam didn't work very well.When I returned it I had no trouble JB exchanged it for a new one.They were very professional.The second is great.works like a charm .Easy to use and clean.I save a lot of money now as I don't buy take away coffee any more.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Thanks for the great review Mary O.

Bought today. Will be returning for a refund tomorrow

I was so excited to buy this machine and try it out today.
I made 2 cups of coffee. Both tasted really awful but I thought I needed to work out the strength due to trial and error.
I then unplugged the unit. I went back to it a couple of hours later and it was sitting in a pool of water on my benchtop. Maybe I had split some.
I dried the mess and returned a while later. More water. This time I lifted the unit and water was coming from the base of the unit. The drip tray was dry. But it was dripping from the unit itself. The water reservoir was in correctly and was not overfull.
I will be returning it for a refund tomorrow

Great coffee machine

I've upgraded to this machine from an Aldi pod machine. Why didn't I do it years ago! So easy to use and the coffee is fabulous. I find it the perfect temperature, plenty hot enough and the milk frother works well. So far I've only used Grinders coffee which is lovely but will try some others over time to compare. Cleaning is very simple and quick, I'm really happy with this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Redrobin!

Makes better than outside bought coffee

The sunbeam coffee machine in my opinion creates the best coffee every time and is so much better than bought out side coffee. It's simple to set up and use and dose the perfect mix of milk and coffee. I always have a coffee in the morning and some times take a cuppa out in a flask. It cost a bit to own but the savings have come on after

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Davey, so happy you are using and enjoying this machine, thanks for sharing your opinion of this machine....

Nice coffee Machine

This is a good quality machine for the price range. Prepares good quality cappuccino and latte. Can not control the amount of frothing milk but manually can adjust for each cup. It has two cup option however the space not enough to place two cups side by side. However it has functions like a expensive machines. We are very happy with the results.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the great review Gune!

Makes perfect cafe coffee every use

We been so happy since we picked one of these up. It makes the best coffee in the same style as a cafe one. The only draw back I had was the buttons could be a little bigger making it easy to press them but that's the only issue I had.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Rachael, great to see you are enjoying your cuppa and thanks for the positive review.

A great little coffee maker.

I purchased my Sunbeam EM5000 coffee machine from Myer at the lowest price I could find on the net, so Myer wins my support for that. The Sunbeam EM5000 makes a great cup of coffee, either espresso, cappuccino, or flat white. it has its own milk container and froths the milk automatically for either large or small cups. It is very easy to use and cleans itself automatically after use. I recommend this product for those beginning on their coffee machine journey. Cheers.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Gaz, great to see that you are enjoying great coffees with this product, thanks heaps for the review.Its a pleasure to review your products as Sunbeam have had Stellar products for a lifetime. My Mother had Sunbeam appliances when I was a young boy and they always had a good name for quality. Thank you for my EM5000.

Easy to use machine

I've used a semi-automatic coffee machine for about the last 5 years, so when it finally went I hated the thought of going back to using a steam wand. So, I settled on this machine. It cost a bit more than my previous machine and doesn't come with a grinder - unfortunately. The pre-ground coffee I've tried from the supermarkets seem too coarse for this machine and come out watery and weak. Gloria Jeans caramel infusion is the exception. I don't know if it's because the caramel taste masks it or if the grind is finer. I don't have a lot of time to mess around in the mornings and what I find is, this machine takes a fair bit of cleaning. The frothing hose and reservoir need to be cleaned - unless you store the milk which I don't. This machine also has two drip trays and I don't know how but the second one which I don't even use, ends up with water in it, plus there's a cavity under the main tray which pools with water and milk and needs to be wiped out or it starts to stink and it's not easy to empty. I have to use a paper towel or dishcloth to sop it up. The coffee is always lukewarm and it's part of my morning ritual to pop it in the microwave. On the upside, this machine is very easy to use and doesn't take up much space. And the milk frother is great.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Fantastic feedback Impulsive Lady, which we will pass on to the tech team...thanks heaps for posting a review

This coffee machine should come with a warning ⚠️

This machine is so easy to use AND clean, plus it makes the BEST coffee! Because of this machine, my coffee intake has significantly increased, I find myself wanting more!!!! I have to consciously resist or I would drink coffee all day and night!
Before purchase, I read some reviews that claimed the coffee could be hotter. I have not found that to be the case. I followed the instructions to prime the machine (which would be important) then make my coffee. Any hotter and it would blister my mouth!
This is the perfect machine for people wanting a compact, efficient and economical machine that makes great coffee!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great review AliD!!

Excellent Value

Makes a great coffee and is easy to use. This is a good product for those who want to use fresh beans (no pods) and don’t want to have to froth the milk themselves. The milk frother had a metal nozzle that fell off however it was probably decorative as the plastic nozzle underneath works perfectly fine. All in all a good product for a very reasonable price.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Thanks for the positive feedback Cat!

Great cafe style coffee

We love making coffee now each morning with the EM5000 unit. It's simple to use and easy to clean and is a great addition to every morning. The heat could be a little hotter for my liking but my parter says it's all fine and that its just me that things it's not hot

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thanks for the great review Penny! The water temperature is set to 92 degrees which is the optimum temperature for the extraction process!

Disappointed in the EM5000 product life

The EM5000 started out beautifully except that the coffee was never very hot. It is only used for a breakfast coffee, it is cleaned after every time it is used and descaled as per the manual but it has not lasted. It is not quite two years old and no longer froths in cappuccino and does not make a large cup coffee on automatic. About the only way is a manual latte to get any milk. Sunbeam would only consider a replacement up until 18 months. This really should have made it to two years. It seems that others have purchased it have had faults before two years of age sadly. Not good. I would not buy it again. I expect more years of service for a product that is only used to make about three coffees a day.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi August!! Have you checked out the operating functions on page 12 -14 on the instruction booklet? There are step to step guides on how to add froth and increase the amount of water used in the extraction process!Yes I have thank you but no improvement.Any more suggestions Sunbeam? I replaced the milk dispenser but very little improvement.

Great coffee to start your day

I purchase this machine approx 7 months ago. I wanted a machine which frothed milk, and this looked like the best affordable. I did not want to spend thousands. Only sad this machine does not grind coffee beans. I am buying ground coffee at the supermarket. I love the features, automatic cleaning and automatic milk frothing, removable milk compartment. The flavour is amazing! I never have to have takeaway coffee anymore.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Janis, Thanks for the great feedback, we are getting super reviews for this machine. So happy you love it!!!!

Easy to use

Hubby brought this and wanted something simple to use and we got that. Great price and love we can use whatever coffee we like.
Just one button to clean product after use.
Love that we can take the milk container off and pop into fridge.
Super easy to use, only has a few buttons and had options of what type of coffee you want. As we as how much milk you would like.
Highly recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Bec, Yes I think the fact that this machine is super easy to use makes it a winner! Thanks for the fab review