Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Phillip J.

Phillip J.South East Queensland, QLD

12 months on and my coffee has gotten better.

Well I've had this machine for over 12 months. Bought it at Big W for $199 (still that price). For ages I was just pressing the auto buttons with satisfactory results but then i started playing around with it and wow, I am over the moon with it now. Best money I have ever spent on a coffee machine, and yes i have had expensive auto De'Longhi machines worth over $3k. Like any purchase of any item you get the odd lemon and usualy they are the reviews you hear but no lemon here, ALL positive AAA 5 STAR.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W for A$199.00.

Andrew j

Andrew j

Perfect coffee machine great price

This machine works great, I have had it for a week and so far so good.
I just hope for the price $217 it doesn't fail in a few years.
Makes great cappaciouno great froth.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$217.00.

JaySydney, NSW

Great value machine

Makes a really good coffee
During the lockdown we miss our cafe coffee ( prefer to sit and drink it) so this is a good substitute
I like the temperature but if its not hot enough you can add boiling water
Great machine for the price

Purchased in September 2019 for A$199.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Peter M

Peter MQueensland, 4118

Perfect coffee when you wake of a morning easy to use

Brilliant coffee machine for the price Easy to use and nice and hot not scolding hot it frofs up nicely but the best thing is the taste brilliant luv my machine

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good features for price

Purchased in December 2016 at Billy Guyatts for A$150.00.

Chloe

ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its flawed.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$199.00.

SuzG

SuzGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best little coffee machine

Purchased when I moved to working from home full time (per Covid-19 lock-down), so it is used daily. It's brilliant - better than the coffee from coffee shops which are often either too strong or bitter tasting. I love that it uses ground coffee (not a fan of non-environmental pods). It's also quick and very easy to use, has excellent choice of options (black, white, small, large, amount of froth selector etc), and a breeze to clean. I used to pay approx $5 per coffee in the city, so after 40 cups it will have paid itself off. Plus I don't have to suffer instant coffee while in lock-down. I love it! Highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2020 at BigW for A$200.00.

Hi SuzG,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Robyn W

Robyn WPalmerston, NT

Great little machine.

Works really well and easy to follow guide. However the coffee bean receptacle could be a little larger. It is hard to put a full scoop in the provided coffee holder

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$94.00.

Product is used Several times a week
GrinderSunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Hello Robyn W,
Thank you for the feedback and review!

Zearah McCracken

Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my coffee machine

I use this product daily, it makes a superb coffee! Very simple to use and has great cleaning features! Also comes with great accessories and options for coffee strength! Couldn’t live without it!

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for A$200.00.

Hello Zearah McCracken,

WOW thank you for the great feedback!

Ana Alonso

Ana Alonso

Amazing for our coffee addiction! :)

We got this machine a couple of years ago and it is still an amazing product! We make every morning our coffee there and friends love to come to our house to get coffee :). My only note would be to be able to buy some of the accessories individually, for example, the coffee tamper broke + scoop spoon broke and I could not find the same one.

Purchased in October 2017 at Kogan.com for A$199.00.

Hello Ana Alonso,
Thank you for your wonderful review.

Bbb100

Bbb100Illawarra, NSW

Love a good cuppa

I was very happy with this purchase. Great value for money. I can make a good coffee I'm the comfort of my own home. I even use it to make coffees on the go in my take away cup.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Hi Bbb100,
Thank you for the review!
ENJOY!

Beccaxx

BeccaxxSydney, NSW

I love my coffee machine

I absolutely love my coffee machine I use it multiple times a day works perfectly and very fast extremely good value for money and affordable I recommend this product highly

Purchased in July 2019 at Bigw for A$200.00.

Hello Beccaxx,
Thank you for your feedback! Glad your loving your Sunbeam Cafe Barista coffee.

Bunny M.Central Queensland, QLD

Fragile

I was happy with this machine up to a point. It made nice coffee, frothed milk well and seemed like good value. However, every so often it decided to purge the contents of the water reservoir all over the bench (and floor). This became increasingly prevalent and impossible to fix. Still, I put up with this "quirk" until after owning it for 13 months it decided not to work at all. All 3 lights would illuminate but pressing them for any length of time did absolutely nothing. Unable to fix and out of warranty it was chucked in the bin. Maybe Sunbeam have now initiated 'built in obsolescence' in their manufacturing process. What they don't understand is I'm now put off the brand for life.

Lyn C

Lyn CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great easy morning cappuccino at home

We purchased this for my soldier son returning from operation. We decided to unpack it and try it in case it didn’t work well. Wow. I said to my husband it’s really good. Let’s keep it. We used it in our van everyday. We now have one at home. The froff isn’t as tight and creamy as your up market cafe but better than instant. If you don’t want to spend $1000 on a better coffee machine, and you don’t want a pod option then this is the best machine. We got our money back from it after 3 weeks

Purchased in September 2019 at Bigw for A$169.00.

GrinderCusinart

Hello Lyn C,
So Happy to hear you love the Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000 and so very glad we will be making a soldier happy and energized!

OldManDingo

OldManDingoSydney

There are better options out there.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for your feedback.

Tye_HIlly

Tye_HIllySouth East Queensland, QLD

After 6 months still going string

Purchased this machine about 6 months ago. Picked it up for $170 while researching what $1000+ machine to get. I don't think I will be importing an Italian machine. For the money I'm pulling great coffee out of this, it's super easy to use and convenient milk container is a plus. Easy to clean. It is a mass produced machine so if you get a filth one just replace it. I was a coffee machine tech and trust me the $7000 machines have way more faults. So for the money if it last me a year I'm stoked anything after that is just the cream on the top lol, happy brewing

Purchased in May 2019 for A$170.00.

Hello Tye_HIlly
So glad you love your Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000! Thanks for the review.

Faulty - broke before we had a single cup of coffee

It turned out the machine was faulty when we first set it up. The water does not flow from the reservoir, so need to bring it back on day 1

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for A$179.00.

Hello Neil,
So sorry to hear that we have let you down, I hope the issue was resolved and you have a new machine?
Please do update me, in case you do still need assistance.

Angela M.

Angela M.Sydney, NSW

Easy to use, simple coffee machine

I didn't want to spend a small fortune on getting a decent coffee to drink at home. This is compact, and very easy to use, and easy to clean.
I had read several bad reviews, but after owning one, I have 0 issues with anything.
12month replacement guarantee seemed good to me too. Honestly, the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because when it starts frothing the milk, it scares the s**t out of everyone in the kitchen...it's pretty loud lol.

Purchased for A$150.00.

Hello Angela M.
Thank you for the wonderful review, we're so happy to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam coffee!

Susan Sharpe

Susan SharpeApple Tree Creek

Coffee lover .

This machine is brilliant the coffee it produces is hot ,flavoursome and easy to make . Cleaning is a breeze and it looks terrific on our bench . Once it was set up it took no time to learn how to make great cups of coffee . Highly recommended .

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$299.00.

GrinderSunbeam AutoGrinder II EM0420
sawx11

sawx11Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great budget auto coffee machine

Bought this coffee machine about 9 months ago. It is a solid product and never miss a bit. The coffee quality is very closed to the medium to high level machines. At least, it woke me up every morning by providing me instant but good quality coffee. I like it so much. Recommend this machine for your routine lives.

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for A$179.00.

Product is used Several times a week

Hello sawx11,
WOW - What a wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000. I hope it brings you many more happy coffee morning!