Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000

MPNs: 36023362 and SNB-EM5000

Susan SharpeApple Tree Creek

Coffee lover .

This machine is brilliant the coffee it produces is hot ,flavoursome and easy to make . Cleaning is a breeze and it looks terrific on our bench . Once it was set up it took no time to learn how to make great cups of coffee . Highly recommended .

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Noise Level
GrinderSunbeam AutoGrinder II EM0420

sawx11

sawx11Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great budget auto coffee machine

Bought this coffee machine about 9 months ago. It is a solid product and never miss a bit. The coffee quality is very closed to the medium to high level machines. At least, it woke me up every morning by providing me instant but good quality coffee. I like it so much. Recommend this machine for your routine lives.

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for $179.00.

Noise Level

Hello sawx11,
WOW - What a wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam Cafe Barista EM5000. I hope it brings you many more happy coffee morning!

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

terrible..

So disappointed with this coffee machine. I bought it 2 years ago and the porta filter holder was missing a screw in the middle and when we called up within the first month they told us that they do not do spare parts for this machine and that we would have to return the WHOLE machine ( meaning we would not have a machine for a month or so). 2 years on.. and still dissappointed with the product. The milk frother does not work well at all, foam is too thick even on lower setting, and the coffee ALWAYS tastes bitter, no matter what coffee we try. I wish we could change this machine for a NON automatic milk frothing machine.

Purchased at Catch for $200.00.

NatalieSydney

Disappointed with temp of water

Hello,
Purchased this machine 3 weeks ago from Amazon and I must say it's a great machine however the temperature of water is disappointing. Is there any other type of step I can follow to make the water temp much hotter rather than warm?

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $159.20.

Hi Natalie,
The water temp is never high in Espresso Machines and is designed this way. Please call our team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further.

Natalie

Item has been returned. Never heard of a coffee machine that doesn't produce enough hot water. Ridiculous.

Hi Natalie,
Apologise for your inconvenience.

Love this little machine

I purchased this machine October last year from Big W and I absolutely love it.
Makes great tasting coffee and it’s so easy to use and wash.
The only thing that has started to happen recently is that the milk overflows every time in both the latte and cappuccino mode which means I have to stand there to stop it and do the shots separately.

Purchased in October 2018 at Big W.

Craig M.

Craig M.South West, WA

cheap

i bought 4 months ago worked fine then i noticed i couldnt get it to pump water i pushed the water tank down hard and it started this would happen every time i removed the water tank TODAY descaled i got half way threw flush and the pump stopped working

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $159.00.

Hi Craig M.
So sorry to hear this. Please return the EM5000 to BIG W for a replacement.
Kind Regards Sunbeam.

wira

wiraAU

Frothing is below standard.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Product is used: Several times a week
GrinderBodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder 11160-294UK (Red)

Hi wira,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the EM5000. Your feedback will be passed onto our product manger. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Great Machine and Value, Coffee taste a little burnt

easy to use and value for money.
feels half decent and seems to froth well.
easy to clean as well
Unsure if it's me but coffee always tastes a little burnt or bitter

Purchased in May 2019 for $199.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dylan,Thanks for the great review. The bitter taste could be that the grind may be too fine and taking longer to extract. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Dylan
Dylan

Thanks for the suggestion , I’ll try a different blend :) great service

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thank you Dylan. Also make sure you wipe under where the handle goes to get rid of any waste coffee as this can affect the taste as well...

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Great for at home mums

Being a former barista and working in the office I was finding I needed a coffee fix before work
Sunbeam make good appliances - it’s light weight and easy to clean
I do worry that some of the parts when being cleaned could be lost down the sink if you’ve got an old fashioned farm house like myself...
The coffee itself has a nice extraction but be warned the milk comes out so frothy even on the less frothy setting and is burn your mouth hot - which is fine if you’re one of those people who like burnt coffee taste anything over 65 degrees changes the flavour of coffee actually burns the coffee shot so unfortunately I’m selling mine

Purchased in July 2018 at Myer for $350.00.

Product is used: Rarely
GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Rachel P. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto our product team. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent product! Easy to use

Purchased this product online. The product doesn't take too much space, it's easy to use and I have been using it over the last few months and its pretty amazing for the price I paid for it. No complaints.

Purchased in April 2017 for $195.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Tom, great o hear it's going well, thank you for reviewing!

nomeAdelaide, South Australia

Good machine, really disappointed with milk frother

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Nome, thank you for reviewing our machine...

nome

Thanks, can I still return it without the box as I didn't keep the packaging?

Dan17AU

Milk dispenser doesn't work. Will return tomorrow.

Bought a week ago and arrived today. Went through all steps carefully for setup. Milk doesn't dispense at all. No foam nothing. Just steam. Not sure I want a replacement maybe I'll go for a different model. Very disappointed after spending $299.

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dan17, sorry to hear you are having problems. Sometimes there may be an airlock and after running for a bit it will clear but if not please return to your store of purchase.

Dan17

I returned it and when I setup my replacement I saw there was a tube missing that draws up the milk in the one I had gotten sent originally. Part was simply missing.

Jay jaySydney, NSW

Garbage. Pure garbage.

As they say, when it seems to good to be true, it usually is:
- Milk comes out luke warm if you’re lucky
- froth controller has no impact on how frothy the milk is
- milk frother draws in so much hot water that it spits out very watery milk.
- the button to control one shot verses two shot of coffee is laughable. It’s basically a game of Russian roulette. You might get 5ml, you might get 25ml. It doesn’t matter which option you select!
- the coffee might come out with cream on top. MIGHT!
All round; this does not do what it says and does not deserve a good review from anyone.
Epic fail

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $199.00.

Hi Jay jay,
Sorry to hear of your issues with your coffee machine. All feedback is passed on to our design teams. If you have your receipt, please return it to the store of purchase.

Lana

Lana

Excellent little coffee machine

Makes great coffee - espresso, latte, cappuccino. Automatic coffee machine with a milk container. Quick and efficient, we are very happy with the purchase as our old coffee machine broken.
Coffee just tastes exactly as from the coffee shop, instructions on how to use are very clear as well. Also an affordable type of a decent coffee machine, we bought on Promo so it had $50 off, the current price is $200

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hi Lana,
Perfect! Glad to see you're loving the coffee!

Janice

JaniceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth of your penny

I am satisfied with the taste of the coffee. The quality of coffee produced is always consistent. The temperature of coffee is pretty right for me, not too hot and not cold. It suits my taste. One thing I could comment is the warranty of this product. I am looking forward for few years using this machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Janice.

beth m

beth madelaide

once you get to know this machine it is pretty good

the offee tastes good like other espresso machines that I have had, I found that I heated up my cup first letting just hot water in for 10 seconds, then put the filter in and voila, 24 december however I encountred a slight glitch and that because the weather was hot thewater container stayed pretty hot and did not let the milk froth so i tried something and that was put it in the freezer for around 4 minutes, then started to make some froth first and it worked welll

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Beth...and the great tip on how to deal with hot water in the hot weather we are having at the mo!!

BushbabyMelbourne Victoria

Very inferior

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Bushbaby, sorry to hear you are not happy with the machine.
Would you maybe consider giving our team a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you and maybe attempt some troubleshooting with the grind.

Bushbaby

Thanks- I have sold it on.

Excellent and affordable

The machine produces great quality coffee and it's quite simple to use.

It's also easy to clean up and does not take much space.

If there is one problem with the machine is that sometimes it releases so much froth even on the lowest setting.

Would still recommend as it's a great way to save money in the long term.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Amro E, thanks for writing a great review!

Mary O

Mary OGold Coast

Compact

I am satisfied wth the second one .I had to return my first one as it leaked water and the steam didn't work very well.When I returned it I had no trouble JB exchanged it for a new one.They were very professional.The second is great.works like a charm .Easy to use and clean.I save a lot of money now as I don't buy take away coffee any more.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Mary O.

Cat

CatAU

Bought today. Will be returning for a refund tomorrow

I was so excited to buy this machine and try it out today.
I made 2 cups of coffee. Both tasted really awful but I thought I needed to work out the strength due to trial and error.
I then unplugged the unit. I went back to it a couple of hours later and it was sitting in a pool of water on my benchtop. Maybe I had split some.
I dried the mess and returned a while later. More water. This time I lifted the unit and water was coming from the base of the unit. The drip tray was dry. But it was dripping from the unit itself. The water reservoir was in correctly and was not overfull.
I will be returning it for a refund tomorrow

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Mecyo

Mecyoasked

Brand new machine not working at all. Follow all the instruction from the manual. But no water came out during the priming. I have removed the red plug before the priming.

Hello Mecyo,
Please return the unit to your retailer for a replacement - the unit should work perfectly after following the setup steps in the manual.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anna

Annaasked

How do i get a strong latte. I've tried a couple of different brands, pre-ground and beans that i have ground myself but it still comes out very weak. Or am I doing something wrong?

Hello Anna,
We have plenty of videos and tips on how to make a great coffee on our Simply Great Coffee web page: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/coffeehub/

Have a look and if your coffee is weak, message me back and we'll see what else it could be.

Susan Sharpe

My husband likes strong as well and he does the espresso twice and then latte once .

Roisinasked

Brand new coffee machine doesn't seem to be working at all, have followed all the instructions in the booklet on how to set up but it doesnt seem to be pulling the water from the reservoir (yes I have removed the plug) and the lights wont stop flashing on the front

Hello Roisin,
It sounds like you have done everything right, the lights are supposed to flash like that each time you turn it on until it is ready and the water is at the correct temperature. Then the flashing lights stop and now it is ready for you to start. Can I ask if you have given the machine time to heat and stop flashing?

Roisin

I think I am, yes. Typically how long does it take for the lights to then stop flashing?

Customer CareSunbeam

A full tank usually takes a minute to heat up and for the lights to stop flashing. If it's much more than that please take it back to your retailer for a replacement.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives