Sunbeam Cafe Espresso II EM3820

Sunbeam Cafe Espresso II EM3820

MPN: EM3820

DamienAustralian Capital Territory

Great coffee but died on me after a year

I bought this machine just over a year ago and it was doing a great job for the price. However, now it is past the warranty period it has decided to stop working- makes all the right sounds but the coffee doesn’t come out!

Purchased in July 2018 at Big W for $150.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week
Damien

Hello, thank you for the prompt reply and helpful advice. It turns out it was exactly that, just a blocked filter basket! Is there any way of unblocking it or do I need to buy a new one?

RobynQueensland

Upgraded from Expresso One and very happy

Excellent quality machine for the low price. Upgraded from the first Expresso, and this one is actually easier to use. Temperature of coffee is good. Only issue is paint is coming off plastic tray at bottom.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Robyn

Wow, Thankyou that is great :)

Kylee

KyleeGippsland, VIC

Not as good as our last coffee machine- Kambrook KES110

Our last coffee machine lasted over 6 years but had but discontinued. Husband bought this Sunbeam product from Big W at end 2018. 1st machine had the motor die- which Big W replaced. The second machine- coffee is weak, and can only half fill the extractor cup otherwise the machine won’t work properly and then the extractor part bursts when you undo it- making coffee grounds go everywhere, meaning big clean up. It’s a very disappointing product. Won’t buy again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Big W for $150.00.

Hi Kylee,
So sorry to hear of your experience with our EM3820. Noted you have returned the to the store. However I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our product team.

Ellie E.

Ellie E.

So convenient!

I used to buy coffee outside every morning but now i no longer need to! Easy to use, the coffee tastes good, especially loving the frothing milk! It also saves up me a lot of money.

Purchased in December 2018.

Hi Ellie E.
Many thanks for the great review! Enjoy

RobertWheatbelt, WA

Disappointing

Hi. This is my third Sunbeam. Previous ones were really good. But after just a few coffees with my new EM3820 have found the coffee flavour very weak. Tried adjusting coarseness of grain and increased tamp, still the same. A little disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Grindercuisinart

Hi Robert,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Sorry to hear you are not enjoying your coffee. The taste of the coffee will depend on the tamp and grind. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Robert

Thanks. Made some adjustments with better results.

neaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Sunbeam Product that keeps breaking down :-(

Well For the (almost) 3Mths that it worked, I loved it and made 3 or 4 excellent cups of flat white every day. {And as it was Christmas Gift from my family with Three Years Extra Warranty} Well then i tool it back to "The Store of purchase" And they didn't have any more in stock and was not replacing that model QUOTE "They have had a lot of trouble with ?This model" Soo I went to another store that sold them and The $199. for another one Now this one has stopped!
I have had a real trying time with this product but as i know Sunbeam always stands behind their customers Iam not worried. Soo as this is out of the warranty time because i have been changing the item Great product that dosent last long. Now for another new one

Purchased in December 2016 at Myer Retail Stores for $199.00.

nea

We have had Two of your Sunbeam Cafe Espresso and we are not happy. Could I pay the difference and would you do a Upgrade for us?

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Good while it lasted

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Hi Rob,
Thank you for the review, your input is important to us...

Great little money saver!

I bought this to save me from spending $5-$10 a day in cafes because I have large almond milk coffees. It’s really making a difference :-). It’s so quick and easy to use and there’s something about the ritual of making the coffee that makes it more special. The only vaguely negative thing is I’d like to be able to make the coffee hotter so it lasts longer. It’s a great little machine and easy to clean and use.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sammee
Sammee

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated :-)

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Good Product - Great company

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Steve, great feedback on the appearance of this machine, we will pass this on for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if necessary and enjoy your cuppa!!

Trent R

Trent R

Great Coffee Machine

We are very satisfied with this coffee machine, having bought it 5 years ago. It hasnt missed a beat and is used every day. It is easy to clean and pulls apart very easily. I would recommend this coffee machine for its simplicity to use and price, they wont be disappointed.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Trent R!!

70sDavo

70sDavomelbourne

Reliable Coffee Machine Average Coffee

This is cheap for a coffee machine and so maybe the ole "you get what you pay" for comes into play. It looks nice in the kitchen but it can only make average coffee not as good as a cafe but better than instant. It always comes out a bit meh and ordinary - same with whatever brand of coffee we use.. I largely just use the old stovetop these days and put it in a cupboard.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

LightsOn

LightsOnmelbourne

Average Machine On A Good Day

We bought this because the old model had a cult following. This is just not as good as the old one. It works but it simple cannot make the lovely crema coffee that the old model did. I have tried everything. All different types of coffee - coarseness and fineness of grounds and tamping pressure. It just does not have the pressure inside to get nice espresso. It consistently produces ho-hum average coffee. Look elsewhere for a better machine. this is average,.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Disappointing

After several weeks of use my machine only gives out drips of coffee. I read the handbook and followed the steps to correct the problem. I cleaned the head, didn't tamper as much and tried coarser grounds but the coffee still only drips out of the head. It is disappointing as my Dad's older model still works well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Warhol69

Warhol69melbourne

Not As Good As Old Model

We had the old model and just got this. Long story short. It is no in no way as good as the old model. The old one was a popular because it punched well above its weight as an amazing producer of delicious cafe coffee with a good body and solid crema. This thing is like a bad knock off. Basically its worse at everything and the coffee is just insipid compared to the old model. I think the pump pressure must be much less, it just can't produce the results no matter what I do. Not happy with it at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Cyber12

Cyber12melbourne

Makes Nice Coffee

This is the 'quiet achiever' coffee machine. There are dearer bigger and fancier models but this just makes good coffee every day without fuss. Crema is nice, extraction good. There not much to it once you have the technique down. The only problem is if you overload the basket, it tends to drip coffee over the sides, apart from that it is a simple, no fuss machine and works well.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
paully2012

paully2012Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Fantastic crema every time. Fast and reliable.

This machine creates a very smooth espresso with a perfect crema. For an entry level coffee machine it produces a great coffee. Ive had mine near two years using it every day on average three times a day. Regular cleaning a maintainance which is easy is key to longevity of this machine. Once younwork out the tamoer pressure you will enjoy the same coffee style every time. Water cart is easy clean and good size. This machine will not dissapoint. Milk frother is fast and delivers a smooth silky milk formthat perfect cappuccino. I couldnt be happier.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Len1010

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Value Great Coffee

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

curlicue

curlicueMelbourne

Makes a nice coffee but needs a very gentle touch

The machine makes a lovely coffee, is easy to use and clean. However if the coffee handle is pushed the tiniest bit too far, it can become stuck and once stuck, it's really stuck! We learnt that the hard way and now take more care to be gentle. We don't use the steam wand, having never found a small coffee machine with one we liked (hard to clean and risk milk splattering everywhere), we use a separate milk frother which can run at the same time, no waiting, one item to clean and it goes straight in the washing up. We have only had our coffee machine for ten weeks. Sometimes machines at this price last only a couple of years, other times you can be luckier (I'm hoping we are lucky this time).

Date PurchasedDec 2017

frosty_1

frosty_1Melbourne

Very Impressive Coffee From This

My wife had been bugging me for ages to get a home coffee machine and we bought this on a whim without doing any research. I would say we hit a bullseye first time.
It consistently makes cafe-quality coffee. Even a complete novice can run this unit and get good results. Lovely crema on top, every time. Even using supermarket coffee. No worries at all. It is a little fiddly to clean the grip but it comes with little cleaners to help with that. Want a latte? No worries it has a steam wand and with a little practice you can even get soy milk just right
I am more than satisfied with this machine. I see others say it leaks but ours never has. It has a quality feel to it despite the price and has never missed a beat.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Jo Collins

Jo CollinsQueensland, 4560

Machine is Ok

The taste of coffee is great, its easy to use, but I've had to replace it under warranty in the first 3 months. It started leaking and steam wand only produce a flow of water. Crossing fingers this one is ok. I had no choice but to get a replacement as it was right on christmas week and I had a house full of visitors.

Date PurchasedAug 2017