Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100

Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100

MPNs: 36291455, EM7100 and SNB-EM7100
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
stephenbgood
stephenbgoodSydney, NSW

I'm very happy with this machine. Beautiful, quick, versatile, reliable, quiet, efficient.

I bought this reburbished machine and it has been excellent. I make about 10 coffees every day. It is quick to heat up and it is possible to make a couple of latte coffees from scratch faster than it takes to boil a jug and make a pot of tea.
The water tank is large at 3.5L and it's easy to fill. There are two thermoblocks, allowing milk and espresso to be made at the same time. The milk temperature guage is very helpful. The coffee pressure guage is great for judging how well you have prepared the coffee in the portafilter, which is by the way, cafe size 58mm. I'm advised that these machines give many years of great coffee.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bravo Repair Centre for $350.00.

Kathy
KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Milk Steamer issue .

I’m happy with the ease of use I’m really struggling with the milk steamer.No matter what I do and following the instructions in the booklet it consistently produces big bubbles and watery milk. The steamer is so forceful and loud I’m thinking there’s something wrong with it and it’s ruining the flavour of the coffee . My last Cafe series produced great smooth milk.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

montxsuz
montxsuzAU

Quite happy with it so far

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for $640.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Thank you for the great review, we're happy to hear that you're loving the control and power the EM7100 gives you.
Enjoy,
Sunbeam Customer Care

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Clint
ClintSouth East Queensland, QLD

I want 5 coffees a day from this machine

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for $639.00.

Chris s
Chris sSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing coffee, quality build, supreme versatility!

This machine is a dream, makes great coffee and built well. Keep the filter in the head clean, too many people don't clean their machine and ruin the taste or the machine.

Hello Chris s,
Thank you for the AWESOME review! You're so right, giving your machine a little love and care and it will be PERFECT for years and years to come.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Evie
EvieMelbourne

The best Coffee Machine!

Purchased this coffee machine 2 years ago. I use this machine daily, sometimes up to 6 coffees a day when friends drop in. Together with the Sunbeam burr grinder, it makes the perfect coffee. Very easy to use and maintain. Easy to descale and replace the filter and the group head seal when needed. It never fails to deliver the best cappuccino or latte! Must admit I do not use to capsule option. Can't beat freshly ground coffee beans! My previous machine, a Jura Ena 5 was a great machine but could not deliver a coffee as good as this machine does.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $824.00.

Hello Evie,
WOW! Thank you for the GREAT review. Glad to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Coffee.

Dan
DanHamlyn terrace

Have bought every model since the 6900 over 10 years

This is fantastic, the additional pod filter flexibility is great , I have owned 3 versions of this sunbeam machine over the years and it truly makes the best coffee!
I use it at least 3 times a day and couldn’t live without it.
This was a replacement machine as my Em7000 developed a small leak after using it 3 times a day for close to 4 years.. Harvey Norman product care offered a refund so decided to buy the same model for a 3rd time... first machine lasted 5 years, and was still going when I upgraded

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for $730.00.

Hi Dan,
Wow! That's so GREAT to hear - thank you for your review.

Matt E
Matt EHunter Region, NSW

Poor Customer service and parts availability

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Matt E,
Sorry to hear, all I can do is pass the feedback on.

FCTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Happy

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Carmel f.
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this onto our product manager. If you do experience any issues with the replacement unit please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Hi Carmel,
All brands have machines returned and this is why we have the warranty. All we can ask is you contact us if you have an issue

Cap
CapMid West, WA

Its alright loses pressure

Its alright machine i like the extra cup part that does pods thats about it but the expresso loses its pressure to mutch for me shouldve gone with another machine its okay but i do like the steam seperate from the water presser for coffee pumps

Purchased in September 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for $799.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Cap, If you get the time, please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to troubleshoot the pressure issue

Nick
NickMelbourne

A disappointing frustration

Backflow valve design prone to failing. Mechanical fault. After 3 replacements I've given up. The milk temperature gauge is a lie. It shows time not temperature. Heat the milk and turn the steam off and on quickly. The gauge resets and starts slowly counting again and does not reflect the milk temperature. The drip tray is poorly designed resulting in constant mess. The water reservoir is so badly designed the "out of water" alarm goes off with anything less than a litre in it. Tollerance for grind is terrible. The slightest difference in tamping will take it from no crema to totally blocked.

Makes me miss my old em6900.

Purchased in November 2016.

Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear of your issues with your EM7100. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you further.

Helen
HelenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy for the novice

This machine is my life savour. Every morning I come out switch t on and within a couple of
Minutes it has heated. I grind my beans and place the handle ready to pour. Press a button and out comes coffee. There is a little gage with red and green and the dial will always be between the green, which I know tells me it’s perfect to pour. I have never had a bad coffee, the coffee is always consistent pours smoothly and easily. Frothing milk has never been easier as well. The little temp gage tells you when it is the perfect temp. So no more burning your hands whilst trying to figure out if it’s good enough. I love this machine, can’t believe how easy t is to use.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Helen, so great you are enjoying the machine. Once you master this type of coffee machine it will give you fab coffee time and time again. Thanks for writing such a wonderful review....

n.k
n.kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Superb Machine

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Hector
Hectormelbourne

Great Combo Machine

Was so pleased to find this machine that can do both pods and ground coffee. I didn't realise it was possible.
We really do use both. Pods for a quick blast and grounds when we have the time. That way I can still enjoy my favorite flavored pods and experiment with different coffee roasters. Adding cuppocinno milk is really fun but watch it! That steam wand packs some power. I got milk all over the bench the first time. We have already enjoyed this heaps and only had it three months.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Julian W
Julian W

Solid Coffee Machine

I recently got one of these coffee machines after the previous one died on us. It's got a pretty powerful steam wand, which has taken some time to get the hang of as sometimes the milk gets too hot before I am able to get a decent froth. The espresso I get can't be faulted. I like that I am able to do the espresso and steam the milk at the same time. I haven't used the pod functionality on it so can't comment on that.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100

My machine works with most capsules except Nespresso, what should I do?

Café Series Espresso Machine + Capsule comes with a capsule adaptor and is compatible with: Nespresso Original, Lavazza and Caffitaly capsules. It is not compatible with Nespresso Vertuo capsules. Ensure the black coloured Nespresso Capsule Adaptor Base and Capsule Adaptor Top are attached to the Group Handle for Capsule Adaptors. Place the Nespresso Original capsule between the Capsule Adaptor Base and Top and press CAPSULE button on the machine to extract coffee.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quickand easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Stephen
Stephenasked

Is there a new model coming to replace the EM7100? EM7100 has been around a while now.

Hi Stephen,
The EM7100 is still a current model.

arnallaasked

Hi, I find that the water is not hot enough. Is there a setting somewhere to change this?

Hi arnalla,
Yes you can adjust the temperature I have attached the product manual for you if you could please refer to pages 16 & 17 https://sunbeam-s3-production.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/EM7100_16EM1_web_file_3d290c786f.pdf this will show you how to adjust.

arnalla

Thankyou so much. I only upped it by 4 deg and it is much better. Good to now have a cuppa that is not luke warm. :-)

Derek
Derekasked

Had our machine 3 months but cant get the coffee grind right. Started 4.5 , pressure wouldn't reach green on gauge. Now we're on 3.8 and it will only go into the green if it's totally full and tampered down but too much and it goes into thr red and stops.

Hi Derek,
It sounds like your grinder may need to be recalibrated can you please confirm the model number of the grinder you are using so I can send you through instructions on how to do this.
Thank

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines and Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Pump Pressure15 bar