Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100

• Milk Frothing
Kathy

KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Milk Steamer issue .

I’m happy with the ease of use I’m really struggling with the milk steamer.No matter what I do and following the instructions in the booklet it consistently produces big bubbles and watery milk. The steamer is so forceful and loud I’m thinking there’s something wrong with it and it’s ruining the flavour of the coffee . My last Cafe series produced great smooth milk.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$799.00.

montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Quite happy with it so far

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for A$640.00.

GrinderSunbeam Precision EM0700
Clint

ClintSouth East Queensland, QLD

I want 5 coffees a day from this machine

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for A$639.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Chris s

Chris sSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing coffee, quality build, supreme versatility!

This machine is a dream, makes great coffee and built well. Keep the filter in the head clean, too many people don't clean their machine and ruin the taste or the machine.

Hello Chris s,
Thank you for the AWESOME review! You're so right, giving your machine a little love and care and it will be PERFECT for years and years to come.

Evie

EvieMelbourne

The best Coffee Machine!

Purchased this coffee machine 2 years ago. I use this machine daily, sometimes up to 6 coffees a day when friends drop in. Together with the Sunbeam burr grinder, it makes the perfect coffee. Very easy to use and maintain. Easy to descale and replace the filter and the group head seal when needed. It never fails to deliver the best cappuccino or latte! Must admit I do not use to capsule option. Can't beat freshly ground coffee beans! My previous machine, a Jura Ena 5 was a great machine but could not deliver a coffee as good as this machine does.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$824.00.

Hello Evie,
WOW! Thank you for the GREAT review. Glad to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Coffee.

Dan

DanHamlyn terrace

Have bought every model since the 6900 over 10 years

This is fantastic, the additional pod filter flexibility is great , I have owned 3 versions of this sunbeam machine over the years and it truly makes the best coffee!
I use it at least 3 times a day and couldn’t live without it.
This was a replacement machine as my Em7000 developed a small leak after using it 3 times a day for close to 4 years.. Harvey Norman product care offered a refund so decided to buy the same model for a 3rd time... first machine lasted 5 years, and was still going when I upgraded

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$730.00.

Hi Dan,
Wow! That's so GREAT to hear - thank you for your review.

Matt E

Matt EHunter Region, NSW

Poor Customer service and parts availability

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Matt E,
Sorry to hear, all I can do is pass the feedback on.

FCTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Happy

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr Grinder II EM0500

Hi Carmel f.
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this onto our product manager. If you do experience any issues with the replacement unit please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Hi Carmel,
All brands have machines returned and this is why we have the warranty. All we can ask is you contact us if you have an issue

Cap

CapMid West, WA

Its alright loses pressure

Its alright machine i like the extra cup part that does pods thats about it but the expresso loses its pressure to mutch for me shouldve gone with another machine its okay but i do like the steam seperate from the water presser for coffee pumps

Purchased in September 2018 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$799.00.

GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Cap, If you get the time, please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to troubleshoot the pressure issue

Nick

NickMelbourne

A disappointing frustration

Backflow valve design prone to failing. Mechanical fault. After 3 replacements I've given up. The milk temperature gauge is a lie. It shows time not temperature. Heat the milk and turn the steam off and on quickly. The gauge resets and starts slowly counting again and does not reflect the milk temperature. The drip tray is poorly designed resulting in constant mess. The water reservoir is so badly designed the "out of water" alarm goes off with anything less than a litre in it. Tollerance for grind is terrible. The slightest difference in tamping will take it from no crema to totally blocked.

Makes me miss my old em6900.

Purchased in November 2016.

Hi Nick,
Sorry to hear of your issues with your EM7100. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you further.

Helen

HelenAdelaide

Easy for the novice

This machine is my life savour. Every morning I come out switch t on and within a couple of
Minutes it has heated. I grind my beans and place the handle ready to pour. Press a button and out comes coffee. There is a little gage with red and green and the dial will always be between the green, which I know tells me it’s perfect to pour. I have never had a bad coffee, the coffee is always consistent pours smoothly and easily. Frothing milk has never been easier as well. The little temp gage tells you when it is the perfect temp. So no more burning your hands whilst trying to figure out if it’s good enough. I love this machine, can’t believe how easy t is to use.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Helen, so great you are enjoying the machine. Once you master this type of coffee machine it will give you fab coffee time and time again. Thanks for writing such a wonderful review....

n.k

n.kSouth East Queensland, QLD

Superb Machine

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hector

Hectormelbourne

Great Combo Machine

Was so pleased to find this machine that can do both pods and ground coffee. I didn't realise it was possible.
We really do use both. Pods for a quick blast and grounds when we have the time. That way I can still enjoy my favorite flavored pods and experiment with different coffee roasters. Adding cuppocinno milk is really fun but watch it! That steam wand packs some power. I got milk all over the bench the first time. We have already enjoyed this heaps and only had it three months.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Julian W

Julian W

Solid Coffee Machine

I recently got one of these coffee machines after the previous one died on us. It's got a pretty powerful steam wand, which has taken some time to get the hang of as sometimes the milk gets too hot before I am able to get a decent froth. The espresso I get can't be faulted. I like that I am able to do the espresso and steam the milk at the same time. I haven't used the pod functionality on it so can't comment on that.

Anthony J

Anthony JBrisbane

Want a solid machine to progress beyond puny "pods"? The EM7100 is recommended.

This machine has met my morning espresso expectations. Aromatic coffee even with supermarket beans. A good refinement over my EM6900 which still works after 10 years. The thermoblock EM7100 is fast to heat up (over a boiler machine) and easy to cleaner. The machine prefers well ground beans so invest in a decent grinder too. If want to progress beyond the huge shortcomings of a pod machine this is good place to start. Recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Jmitzi4

Jmitzi4Melbourne

Hubbies favourite toy

We researched well before purchasing the EM7 100, being able to use pods and beans was the extra incentive to buy this model. Coffee tastes great from the pods all of the time. Learning how to grind and tamper the beans perfectly is a challenge. It's been a month of trial and error but I think the hubby has perfected it. I'm still learning.

KL.

KL.South Australia

Best thing I've purchased!

Was in the market for a coffee machine but we couldn't decide if we wanted pods pr beans. This one was perfect. The fact it can do pods as well as beans is amazing and it can adapt to 3 different brands. Easy to use and well worth the money!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Charlie

CharlieFlinders

Fantastic machine

I use the pods when I’m in a rush and beans when I have time and don’t mind making a mess. The fact you can interchange between was a big plus for me but make perfect coffee every time. You do have to get the grind right for it to be a perfect coffee but after some trial and error it’s all sorted.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
ilovefood

ilovefood

perfect milk every time

We had the first version of this machine, which lasted 4 years of being used every day, and recently upgraded to the next model. I am a barista by trade and am very happy that the steam wand makes fantastic milk every time, even my 8 year old daughter can use it!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hannah

HannahMelbourne

Top quality machine producing top quality coffee.

I was recommended this product from a friend who insisted I spend that little bit extra for a machine that would produce great quality coffee and last years. I was so glad I listened, originally was looking at the EM7000 but purchased this model as it was on special. Although I don't use the pod extension, I can vouch that the machine produces a quality espresso made from freshly ground Coffee Cartel beans. Easy to use, once you know what to do and easy to clean. Highly impressed.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100

My machine works with most capsules except Nespresso, what should I do?

Café Series Espresso Machine + Capsule comes with a capsule adaptor and is compatible with: Nespresso Original, Lavazza and Caffitaly capsules. It is not compatible with Nespresso Vertuo capsules. Ensure the black coloured Nespresso Capsule Adaptor Base and Capsule Adaptor Top are attached to the Group Handle for Capsule Adaptors. Place the Nespresso Original capsule between the Capsule Adaptor Base and Top and press CAPSULE button on the machine to extract coffee.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quickand easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

gail c

gail casked

Where can I get my em7100 coffee machine fixed near me at Collaroy nsw. Lights come on but nothing happens. I purchased it May 2019. Has worked daily since then. Don’t use the capsules. GAil Chin.

CMA

CMAasked

Has anyone had an issue with the steam wand?? I had an old sunbeam for 13 years, so decided to go with a brand I was happy with. My wand doesn't shoot steam out consistently. I've tried to wrap a cloth around it and turn it on and I've used the cleaning tool as I thought something may have got blocked at the factory but .... I'm not sure. Any suggestions. Cathy

Kathy W.

Kathy W.asked

The power button on my Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 has started to constantly flash when I try and turn it on, and the other function lights will not come on, therefore I can't use the machine. I have turned the power off to try and re set it, but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives