3Sunbeam Cafe Series Kettle

Sunbeam Cafe Series Kettle Questions & Answers

Apco J
Apco J · Cafe Series Kettle

My Sunbeam kettle has lost it's beep, idea ideas to fix it ?

lance s.
lance s. · Cafe Series Kettle

What wrong when stating dirty.

lance s.
lance s. · Cafe Series Kettle

Dirty

Deenie
Deenie · Cafe Series KE9600

I am having the issue where the lid will not stay closed, hence the temperature cut off is not working and just keeps boiling without cutting out. Mine is a KE9500 and long out of warranty, but is there anything I can do?

Rachel M. · Cafe Series Kettle

This kettle has been working very well until a few days ago, now it won’t boil. It gets to 80 or so degrees then switches off.
I’ve tried descaling it which I do often but nothing is working.
Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Rachel, Could I ask you to please check that you've selected the 100 degrees setting and not the 80 degree setting.
Sunbeam Customer Care

Hi, yes I always select 100 degrees ☺️

Sunbeam   DM

We are happy to help. Please give us a call at 1300 881 861, from 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST. Thank you,
Sunbeam Customer Care

Damo n
Damo n · Cafe Series Kettle

All my heat buttons have stopped working sterilisation button still works others do occasionally otherwise years old still good jug

a m.
a m. · Cafe Series Kettle

Hi.Ref. probably the newest model sunbeam kettle. An excellent product with superb temp set buttons. Very well made. Is there a way to turn the beeps off permanently? Not overly a problem but unnecessary.

Josh G · Cafe Series Kettle

Purchased one of these about a month ago as part of a ground-up house furnishing. Looks good, Fairly quiet, lots of features.

Big issue is that boiling to 100deg takes an inordinate amount of time compared to other kettles I have used in the past. Timer indicator starts at about 4mins, but gets to zero then just sits there, or may decide to reset 30secs at a time up to about 7 or 8 mins, or until I intervene because the kitchen is getting thick with steam and the walls are dripping.
I don’t expect this is normal - could there be something wrong with the temp sensor (?)

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Josh, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

Josh G

Folow-up. Big thank you to Sunbeam & Amazon for resolving this quickly. It was indeed a product fault - replacement unit is functioning perfectly.

David U. · Cafe Series Kettle

I have a Sunbeam Pure Elements kettle. The kettle sticks to the base after boiling, and i have to shake it to separate it. What's the best way to stop it sticking?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi David U, Try unplugging from the power point & empty out the water & clean the base with a rag & some methylated spirits also do the same with the base & let it dry out before using again.

David U.

Thanks, good advice, now it's like a new kettle!

Penny Z. · Cafe Series Kettle

I have this kettle and have been using it for just over 1 year. For the last few months, it makes a funny beeping sound while the water is heating up and the temperature jumps up and down really quickly once it gets over 75 degrees? Has anyone else experienced this?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Penny, Have you tried decaling the kettle?

Penny Z.

Hi, yes I descale it quite often.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Penny Z, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

Jay M.
Jay M. · Cafe Series Kettle

After 3 years of use 1-2 times per day, water is leaking out of the level indicator. The seal is compromised somewhere internally. Is this worth repairing, or should I simply move on to another kettle?
We have loved the additional features of this kettle, so would like to hold onto it IF it can be repaired.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Jay, Have you tried descaling the kettle?.
Below are the steps to do so:
1-Fill the kettle with 1/2 cup of lemon juice and the remainder with water and allow to stand vernight. Allow to stand overnight OR for quicker results, using the sterilising function run through one cycle and stand for 4 – 5 hours.
2. Empty the water solution from the kettle.
3. Rinse the kettle with clean water.
4. Fill the kettle, bring to boiling, and discard this water.
5. If any deposits remain wipe with a dry cloth
Please try doing this otherwise it may possibly need replacing. Also we recommend descaling 2 to 3 times a year for future usages.

Sonia C.
Sonia C. · Cafe Series KE9650

My kettle constantly beeps saying its dry , the kettle is filled to water level. After l replace kettle on platform it will work.

WEH124
WEH124

This has happened to us a couple of times. Each time, a family member had not placed the kettle onto the base properly so the kettle was not fully connected to the heating element. Nothing was faulty with the kettle. Make sure the base is level and the kettle sitting properly. If it still happens then suggest you refer back to Sunbeam or retailer in case there is actually an electrical connection issue inside.

Terry J.
Terry J.

We get the dry error almost every time but it’s not because the kettle isn’t seated properly. Lifting and replacing the kettle does usually allow you to get it going again though, at which point it will operate correctly. A definite fault and very annoying!

Spikkels
Spikkels · Cafe Series KE9650

Hi there, is it possible for a Sunbeam representative to provide some reassurance whether this kettle has been rectified from its lid melting and breaking issues.

I am very keen on its features but am quite put off by the negative reviews, can anyone shower some light on this strange issue that seems to keep rolling over year after year.

One would think it would be sorted out after the first faulty batches

Please help

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Spikkels, The issue has been recified with the KE9650 & the lastest models you should have no issues with. Hope this helps.

David P
David P · Cafe Series KE9600

Hi Sunbeam Customer Service, my kettle base unit START/CANCEL button works, but at different stages of the heating process, it stops working - sometimes the temperature reading spirals to zero and flies back up again. It seems very confused. The actual kettle heating element etc is fine. The computer is not.

Matthew M.
Matthew M.

This is my issue recently as well i have had the kettle for a while but the random beeping is a concern.
What i find is that it will sometimes not register that its got to 100 and sit at 99 and just boil i am worried that if i walk away and this happens its going to boil all the water and burn the unit :(

Stella
Stella · Cafe Series Kettle

I too have a Sunbeam Kettle - Model KE9151 which needs a knife to ooen the "POP" top. Could you please let me know how to fix this.

Tom K
Tom K

The same happened to our first kettle and we oersted with it even though our son bought us a new one which remained in its box till ours became unusable due to the lid. The new one only lasted three weeks. Soon after starting to use it the mechanism attaching the handle to the body loosened and it became an electrical danger
All we got out of Sunbeam was” thank you for letting us know - we’ll look into it”. No refund, no replacement on either unit.
Stay clear of these kettles - DANGER WILL ROBINSON

harold r
harold r · Cafe Series KE9650

can you purchase new lid. my hinge has broken.

Sunbeam   DM

Hello harold r, Unfortunately we do not have that as a spare part. Can I ask how long you have had the kettle for?

Rick
Rick

Yep mine broke same as yours plastic hinge has separated after it became sticky to open ,pretty crappy sunbeam cannot replace or supply a replacement part and what does age have to do with it ????

auntymad
auntymad · Cafe Series KE9650

How can I stop the random beeping when heating please?

Belinda
Belinda

I too have random beeping. If I set it at 100 degrees the temperature goes up as it gets hotter. As it's heating, the temperature gauge goes down and it beeps. Then the gauge goes up and it stops beeping, then it goes down again and continues to beep on and off as the gauge goes up and down. It can do this about 20 times while I'm trying to boil it. When I can hear it's boiling and the temperature gauge has fallen again and beeps, I pick it up to pour. This is also a replacement one that leaked only a few months after buying, now out of warranty. Going out to get another kettle today but it definitely won't be Sunbeam. Very poorly made and very disappointed.

JlI
JlI

Any news on the beeping - how do you turn this off. mine has started to beep every ten degrees hotter. very annoying.

Steve

'PROBLEM SOLVED' to all, get a sledge hammer and flatten it (sarcasm of course lol) that is the only solution to this problem as there is no solutions! Sunbeam haven't thought of this problem, and that is funny because, Sunbeam have had this kettle design for many years and this problem since this kettle was released 8 years ago, as my friend bought one then and had the same problems and he got a refund and bought a different brand kettle, no problems after that.

If your product is under warranty then you either 'Take it back and get it replaced' or as in my case, when I complained that the kettle was beeping (just out of warranty about 14 moths old) the guy at Sunbeam told me that they will 'give me a 20% discount' on another Sunbeam kettle and/or any other Sunbeam product that I buy. Whippy, I was jumping up and down for joy (sarcasm), That was useless, as the kettle broke down and didn't function at all and I had to throw it out, shortly after that . Thanks Sunbeam, never ever again.

Berocca · Cafe Series KE9600

Hi Sunbeam,

Can you please advise how to fix the sticking lid issue that many of us are encountering after the unit is out of warranty? I'm sure that there is a simple fix as the levers all appear to still be working OK?

Berocca

I will answer this myself. I called Sunbeam and they didn't have an easy fix for the lid sticking issue. Out lid finally became so stuck that a knife was required to lift it. After telling Sunbeam that it was just out of Warranty they said no problem so long as I have the receipt they will replace! I ended up taking to Harvey Norman, Bunbury who were great and replaced despite it being 4 months out of warranty. 5 Star rating for Sunbeam and Harvey Norman Bunbury for service despite the faulty product. It makes me think that it is worth buying from Bricks and Mortar stores rather than online even if there is a price difference for the service.

Graham M.
Graham M.

I too have one of these sticking lid kettles which I managed to fix by simply paring a small .5 mm sliver of plastic off the locking tongue at the spout side of the lid making it effectively shorter as the issue I believe is in the release button wearing and not being able to activate the locking piece in the lid far enough for it to open. A Stanley knife was used but only take a sliver off,. Probably not a good thing to do if still in warranty period. Note the lid still fastens securely when shut. Graham

Tina greeves
Tina greeves · Cafe Series KE9650

I'm looking at buying this kettle but the reviews are poor. Have sunbeam made any changes for the complaint of leaking kettle?

dean
dean

Hi Tina,

I am not sure, I looked at the kettle yesterday while shopping for a new one and it looks the same to me. I have purchased a kettle that comes with a 3 year warranty.

Steve

WARNING DO NOT BUY THIS KETTLE!!! I gave it a 1 out of 5 but that should be a -5!!! This kettle is a bad design and bad quality, it comes at a very expensive price too!!! If you want to waste your money then 'dont tell me that I told you so'!!! This is my simple answer to your question!

BaciGirl69
BaciGirl69 · Cafe Series KE9600

Hi,

I just LOVED my Sunbeam Kettle (KE9600). I've had it for 18months & it's worked perfectly!!! No leaks (like alot of other people have experienced). But....the lid became jammed so we could only refill through the spourt. I know it's not under warranty but is there anyway to fix it? New spring or something?

Cheers,

Vikki

Berocca

I too would love to know how to stop the lid sticking. We've had our kettle for a little over 12 months and it has been great, but the lid sticking is a show stopper. The levers still appear to work OK I'm wondering if it is lime scale build-up? Has anyone had any success? Has anyone bothered to contact Sunbeam? Sunbeam if you are reading can you please advise if there is a fix, this appears a common problem?

Jay D.
Jay D.

We have had our Sunbeam kettle for 3 weeks and the lid no longer opens unless prised open with a knife. Unfortunately we can’t find our receipt so have just wasted $100.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sunbeam Cafe Series Kettle