Sunbeam Carveasy Twinblade EK6000

MPNs: 3038 and EK6000

1.2

Ann

AnnWanniassa 2903, ACT

Absolute rubbish, a real dud.

Absolute rubbish, should not be on sale. This knife couldn’t cut butter. As soon as the blades engaged with the bread they seized and the motor struggled to the point that the casing became warm. Then it stopped. We have tried two models, but both the same. Luckily Harvey Norman exchanged the first one and then refunded the second time.

David Van Barneveld

David Van BarneveldSouth East Queensland, QLD

ABSOLUTE JUNK !

This knife wouldn't cut through the skin of a rice pudding. Absolutely a sad joke. Bought it February 2021 and took it back to Harvey Norman for a refund today. Got my money back.

Don't even consider this piece of junk !

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $56.00.

Stephanie

Stephanie Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is not fit for purpose

I tried it on my bread and roast beef and it literally could cut either. The motor isnt powerful enough. It completely stopped while trying to cut. I have got video of it but can't seem to upload .After reading all the reviews, I'm surprised it hadn't been recalled.

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer Retail Stores.

Ian

IanGippsland, VIC

Pathetic product. Do not buy Sunbeam electric knife.

This knife is a pathetic product unable to do basic requirements of an electric knife. I will be returning this product to place of purchase and advise Harvey Normans to re consider stocking such a poor standard of item.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $50.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
Sparkitoni

SparkitoniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Please reconsider!

Omg I thought it was just me! This knife is not recommended by me.. I took the old well worn sunbeam carveasy E5600 out after this ones stop, start antics!

Purchased in January 2020 at Myer for $70.00.

Michael habben

Michael habbenWimmera, VIC

Never so disappointed

I am 75 years old and have owned many excellent Sunbeam products eg mixer, pie maker, slow cooker but yesterday bought the Sunbeam Carveasy Twin Blade
thinking I was buying another quality product.How wrong! It couldn’t carve cold beef without my wrist hurting from trying to force it through. It took so long to cut through a Japan pumpkin I dreaded the thought of even trying it on a Qld Blue. I then tried it on hedgehog slice my wife made but it was useless. It seems I’ve wasted 59.00at Harvey Norman and driven 120km for the pleasure. Never again. Sunbeam is not the brand it once was-so sad.
Mike

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $59.00.

Ann

AnnGippsland, VIC

Hopeless

Received this knife as a gift to replace my trusty old Kambrook knife which had been fantastic for over 20 years. It was purchased from Harvey Norman and cost $50. The new knife is hopeless. It tears the food rather than slicing it and wouldn’t even cut through puff pastry. Total waste of money!

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $49.00.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product. Perfect bread slices every time

Purchased this primarily to slice bread from new breadmaker. Does an excellent job. Nice even slices. Long blades great for larger loaves our bread maker produces. Short blades great on roasts and make it less unwieldy and easy to get in close to a bone. Not sure about people saying it stop starts, have not had this issue and have sliced 5 loaves so far with great results, even on very tall loaves.
Highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

TERRIBLE

This knife is absolutely terrible. It can’t cut through bread, is extremely weak and stops and starts constantly. What a waste of money. Incredibly disappointed with this purchase of an inferior product.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $50.00.

Terrible

Came on here hoping to find someone with the same issue. We literally took it out of the box, added a fine smear of cooking oil to blades as suggested to cut home made bread and...... No! Right hand blade wouldn't stay locked in. Plus it couldn't cut through water I reckon. Its going back.

Purchased in June 2020 for $55.00.

Andrew

Andrew

Disappointed

I bought the knife to cut my bread. The knife stops and starts and hacks the bread. My previous one was much better. Have always bought Sunbeam products but this one is a poor design .

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $49.00.

usedtobevwfan

usedtobevwfanbrisbane

Bad design all around .

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $50.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello usedtobevwfan,
So sorry we have let you down with this design. Please return it to your retailer for a refund.

Jac999Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing performance

I bought this knife to slice the bread from my bread maker. I took it back the next day. No straight slices. Button difficult to hold in. No safety lock. Confusing descriptions of why there are two knife options. Lesson learned – check the reviews before buying.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $48.00.

Hi Jac999,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will sure to pass this onto our product team.

Jac999

Thanks for replying but it does not seem that anyone seriously tested this product, especially in regards to the safety. And what's going on... I could not cut BREAD properly.

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Didn't fulfil expectations

Needed a new electric carving knife prior to Christmas so I could slice the Christmas Ham. Purchased a Sunbeam Electric Knife from Big W as it was the only option that was available. Attempted to carve the ham but the knife really struggled to do even a half decent job. The motor smelled like it was going to burn out even though I had just started. It had no power and simply was useless. I know that hams can be pretty dense and was being mindful of how I used the knife. I ended up going old school and carved it by hand. Has put me off looking for something better. Are they all this useless? Shame!

Hi Matthew,
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experience. I will be passing this onto our design and product team. If you have your purchase receipt please return it to the store.

steamairshipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful

Terrible.... Bought this to carve Christmas ham and Turkey......Wouldn't carve the ham at all ....one slice took minutes to get halfway through... gave up and went back to my high carbon steel knives... also gives cramp on hand very hard to keep trigger on and this is a couple of minutes...returning it..DO NOT BUY THIS

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Steamairship. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your electric knife. Please return to store of purchase with your receipt.

Have done so today

Amusos

Amusos

COMPLETE RUBBISH

So disappointed in this knife. Have had a sunbeam for over 20 years (wedding present) which finally died. We started researching and had already decided NOT to purchase this EK6000 thanks to the reviews, none of which were positive. Unfortunately, we received one as a gift. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. KNIFE. It is a very poor design, makes your hand cramp when using it as you have to push so hard to make it actually cut, and gets very hot very quickly. It is particularly hopeless for bread, but also 'hacks' at meat. Sunbeam obviously didn't test it very much. Hope you've got the message. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Roses67

Roses67Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vibrates so much it gives you arm ache - maybe good for muscle toning instead of carving meat

This carving knife vibrates so badly it makes your arm ache, it is such hard work to use. It also didn't cut meat very well. Not like our old one which we had just thrown out as it finally stopped working after 32 years - its was the best wedding present we got. We don't they make them to last and to work like they old ones.
So we returned it and are now trying a Smith and Nobel one from Harris Scarf, so far so good.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

As bad as they get!

OMG! What a knife (for want of a better word!)

Absolutely dreadful and not all that cheap for $55.00 at Harvey Norman!

If you are a 600 lb gorilla you might be able to hold the trigger ON but the instant the knife hits the slightest resistance it simply quits!

I tried cutting watermelon and it struggled to even cut the fleshy bit let alone the rind!

It is sooooo bad it doesn't even deserve the one star rating!

I returned it to HN the same day!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Anakin

AnakinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Chronic hand fatigue

Heavy and awkward, with a power trigger that takes so much pressure to hold it down, you end up with a cramp in your forearm. Everyone that has used this knife has made similar comments. Not a patch on our old electric knife that sadly died of old age.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Micj

MicjBendigo

Gets extremely hot after a minute or so.

Bad knife that got extremely hot immediately
Suspect electrical errors. Got so hot I couldn’t touch it even when not being used just switch on at power point. Returned to store

Date PurchasedDec 2017