Disappointing performance

I bought this knife to slice the bread from my bread maker. I took it back the next day. No straight slices. Button difficult to hold in. No safety lock. Confusing descriptions of why there are two knife options. Lesson learned – check the reviews before buying.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $48.00.

Hi Jac999, Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will sure to pass this onto our product team.Thanks for replying but it does not seem that anyone seriously tested this product, especially in regards to the safety. And what's going on... I could not cut BREAD properly.

Didn't fulfil expectations

Needed a new electric carving knife prior to Christmas so I could slice the Christmas Ham. Purchased a Sunbeam Electric Knife from Big W as it was the only option that was available. Attempted to carve the ham but the knife really struggled to do even a half decent job. The motor smelled like it was going to burn out even though I had just started. It had no power and simply was useless. I know that hams can be pretty dense and was being mindful of how I used the knife. I ended up going old school and carved it by hand. Has put me off looking for something better. Are they all this useless? Shame!

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your experience. I will be passing this onto our design and product team. If you have your purchase receipt please return it to the store.Thanks for your response. I appreciate Sunbeam coping it on the chin and taking ownership of this issue. I truly hope that Sunbeam recall and scrap this item. Please produce better quality and for God's sake give the next model some serious testing. I wish I had seen all of these other terrible reviews prior to purchasing mine. What a disaster! I usually purchase, use and trust Sunbeam products as my reliable Go-To brand but now I am second guessing. I would happily spend a little bit more money for better quality, reliability and longevity.

Awful

Terrible.... Bought this to carve Christmas ham and Turkey......Wouldn't carve the ham at all ....one slice took minutes to get halfway through... gave up and went back to my high carbon steel knives... also gives cramp on hand very hard to keep trigger on and this is a couple of minutes...returning it..DO NOT BUY THIS

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Steamairship. Sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your electric knife. Please return to store of purchase with your receipt.Have done so today

COMPLETE RUBBISH

So disappointed in this knife. Have had a sunbeam for over 20 years (wedding present) which finally died. We started researching and had already decided NOT to purchase this EK6000 thanks to the reviews, none of which were positive. Unfortunately, we received one as a gift. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. KNIFE. It is a very poor design, makes your hand cramp when using it as you have to push so hard to make it actually cut, and gets very hot very quickly. It is particularly hopeless for bread, but also 'hacks' at meat. Sunbeam obviously didn't test it very much. Hope you've got the message. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Vibrates so much it gives you arm ache - maybe good for muscle toning instead of carving meat

This carving knife vibrates so badly it makes your arm ache, it is such hard work to use. It also didn't cut meat very well. Not like our old one which we had just thrown out as it finally stopped working after 32 years - its was the best wedding present we got. We don't they make them to last and to work like they old ones.
So we returned it and are now trying a Smith and Nobel one from Harris Scarf, so far so good.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

As bad as they get!

OMG! What a knife (for want of a better word!)

Absolutely dreadful and not all that cheap for $55.00 at Harvey Norman!

If you are a 600 lb gorilla you might be able to hold the trigger ON but the instant the knife hits the slightest resistance it simply quits!

I tried cutting watermelon and it struggled to even cut the fleshy bit let alone the rind!

It is sooooo bad it doesn't even deserve the one star rating!

I returned it to HN the same day!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Chronic hand fatigue

Heavy and awkward, with a power trigger that takes so much pressure to hold it down, you end up with a cramp in your forearm. Everyone that has used this knife has made similar comments. Not a patch on our old electric knife that sadly died of old age.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Gets extremely hot after a minute or so.

Bad knife that got extremely hot immediately
Suspect electrical errors. Got so hot I couldn’t touch it even when not being used just switch on at power point. Returned to store

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Hand cramp

Replaced a 30 year old Sunbeam with a new Master Series EK6000. Wish we hadn't. So much pressure required on Power Trigger that one finishes up with hand cramp. Very awkward to use, Power Trigger seems to be to far forward as well? Purchased 6/3/17. First time used 9/12/17. Fortunately still in warranty. Will be returning item for credit ASAP. Suggest try before you buy in store. If store won't accommodate try befor you buy, don't buy it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Dreadful design

I had a Sunbeam carveasy for years and thought it was pretty good and did the job need it to do - so when I needed to replace it ( essentially it had worn out ) of course I went to replace it with something similar and why would I go to another brand. There was my mistake ! This new knife bares no resemblance to the EK3600 ! Dreadful ! And I have the scar to prove it - the positioning of the blade release is low down on your index finger and immediately causes a pressure indent (I was only cutting sandwiches) and by the time I had finished I had a ruptured blister from the friction ! It really makes me wonder at times if any of these so called product designers ever actually test their products in real life situations ! Incredibly disappointed - it's going in the bin !

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Quality????

Had my previous electric knife for at least 30 years (won't name brand - simple basic reasonably cheap) but then it retired so needed to be replaced. Bought a Sunbeam Carveasy EK6000. TWO sets of blades - $59.95 - must be good. SORRY Too bulky need very large hands to hold and doesn't seem to want to go through my perfectly cooked roast. Sort of - like - chews the slices off leaving the meat looking very ragged and unappealing. Don't know who designs Sunbeam products these days but they need to take a good look at some OLD Sunbeam products and follow their lead.

Hi Maudie, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam Irons. your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. SunbeamThanks for your acknowledgement of my review however your reply only reinforces my final statement "Don't know who designs Sunbeam products these days but they need to take a good look at some OLD Sunbeam products and follow their lead." I actually reviewed my new Carveasy EK6000 Electric knife ????Sunbeam Irons?????. Right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.