3Sunbeam Compact Barista Espresso EMM2900SS

21 reviews · Statistics

86% · 182 · 10%
Product is used
  • Daily (11)
  • Several times a week (6)
  • Weekly (1)
Buying Guide Banner
Sunbeam Compact Barista Espresso EMM2900SS Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

Neta
NetaTasmania

Cannot live without

This is my second machine as the previous died after 5 months I was devastated. A replacement was quickly had from the seller. I love it and the flat white it makes me almost every day.
My only "gripe" is the group handle is so heavy and cumbersome for the size of the machine but I am coping. My previous previous machine was the Sunbeam Piccolo of which I also had two and the group holder was a much better one - if I can say that? Show details ·  1
TasSarah
TasSarahTASLaunceston, TAS7 posts

Matt
Matt4 posts

Richard
Richard6 posts

Good, but time will tell

Bought this to replace leaking Sunbeam Cafe Crema ii (5 years old) based on reviews. Ok, had to get pliers to pull in spring to get double shot filter basket to fit group handle. Feels very plastic compared to my last machine but no surprise. I used the same coffee amount from my breville grinder and same milk level from my Lavazza frother and it made a nice cappaccino but it was a little weak, like all these machines not very hot and will not match a commercial machine. Good value for money so little to complain about. Show details
Hogie
Hogie17 posts

Not as excellent as it seems

We purchased two of these machines. Our original machine was returned to the point of purchase after a week. It had given us two days of coffee then failed to heat. I contacted Sunbeam. Took pictures, made a video (as demanded) and sent it all off to Sunbeam.
We thought we had been unlucky, given all the excellent reviews so we purchased the same again. Following the set up instructions 'to the letter' it took four attempts to get the machine 'primed'.
Now, we get two cups of OK coffee each morning. But much too much water is held in the machine cup at the end of the process, rather than producing a good amount of brewed coffee We got the machine for a reasonable price so we'll live with it. But excellent? It ain't! Show details
Gemima C.
Gemima C.6 posts

davcopaint
davcopaint2 posts

Great little unit

After a few days of fine tuning this machine makes a great espresso, nice crema ,full body flavour.The first tip is throw away the useless plastic tamper and get a aluminium tamper.The plastic tamper doesnt tamp even so alway get channelling!!so far this is the only negative, small and compact for small kitchens .The steamer froths milk for latte art ,and also creates a velvet milk froth!!best starter machine for all!! Show details ·  1
Dennis Tablizo
Dennis TablizoNSWSydney, NSW11 posts

Small but packs a massive punch!

Small compact size perfect for my kitchen as it doesn't eat too much space. More so, the quality of espresso and the frother is excellent! Making your own cappuccino or latte ain't bad at all! A great inexpensive coffee machine for starters. You can't go wrong with this! Show details
mike g.
mike g.QLDCentral Queensland, QLD

Brilliant product

This machine seemed a great for our needs. What can I say, it’s perfect, so good in fact that I have bought another one for my parents. Sometimes there is a design that is just right, and I think that this a fine example of this. I highly recommend, this is an outstanding product. Show details
Brettski
Brettski2035NSW, 203512 posts

Greer
GreerQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Regrettable buy

I am yet to make a decent brew. . Had it for 2 weeks, went off all the positive reviews here and elsewhere and as an espresso only/no milk drinker I thought this would be ideal, I've programmed it to my taste and it still makes lacklustre coffee, I'm not impressed, and hope my review helps someone save their money and invest in a better machine, the quality of machine is good, and aesthetically pleasing.. but who cares when the coffee is substandard? I'm returning mine.
And I buy my beans freshly roasted from a bean house...its not cheap coffee!
Other reviews are written by people with lesser taste or standards..real coffee lovers beware. Show details
Anson
Anson2 posts
  Fair Incentive

It's great choice for small home! The coffee taste great!

It's great choice for small home! The coffee taste great! Show details
TRA
TRA9 posts

Rodge F.
Rodge F.NSWSydney, NSW4 posts
  Fair Incentive

Perfect for tight spots!

Benchspace is premium real estate, whichever way you look at it. The coffee machine is an always on top appliance and as such anything that helps minimise space loss deserves a look in. I initially spotted this whilst bargain hunting, I needed a new machine and wanted to see where the market was - criteria was a Thermoblock for fast heat up and a proper flavour delivery - ie pre infusion. At $269 this was bang on, the small footprint sealed the deal. It really delivers - great taste, consistently delivered, a joy to be around. Show details
D M.