Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

EM7000 (Stainless), EM7000RE (Red), EM7000G (Graphite), etc...
Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
iain

iainSydney, NSW

7 years in still going strong, 3 friends have bought same machine after me telling them to do it

After 7 years of using it, i would go out again and buy another one if it broke down today. Its a work horse and give great coffee.
Once you know what your doing with coffee you can change the preset setting to fit how you like to make coffee, higher steam pressure or wetter steam, hotter brew water colder, different infusion process.
1 thing i do straight away with my machine and friends was go out and Buy a VST 22g basket for the coffee Dramatic changes made a good coffee machine Excellent.

Purchased in September 2012 at Myer for $650.00.

Zen Z.

Zen Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good machine but got silly part problem

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $699.00.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

This machine got me through lockdown!

This machine has been great - especially when I had to put it to heavy work over lockdown(s).
Picked up a refurbished model and it has performed beautifully for 2 years.
Like another reviewer I'd also suggest getting a better basket, but once that's sorted it's a great machine for the price!
My only complaint is with the cost of the sunbeam cleaning products and replacement seals for this machine - if they were more reasonable this would be an absolute winner.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hello Michael,
Thank you for the great review, we're happy to hear that you're loving the EM7000. Coffee makes everything a little easier to handle.
Enjoy,
Sunbeam Customer Care

GjMSydney, NSW

Problem from the start

Purchased in June 2016 at David Jones for $600.00.

GjM

Have spoken to someone from customer care somewhere in the Philippines i think she suggested I take it to a service centre
In Sydney gee thanks

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

FajiHunter Region, NSW

3 cups a day, 5 years on and still killing it!

My partner and I have been enjoying the services of this machine for about 5 years now and visitors are still complementing on how comparable it brews to commercial machines used at cafe's. I have heard complaints about the pressure not being there as not having a dual floor basket and not being able to use pre ground supermarket coffee. But as it states it's a Cafe series not stock so you simply must grind your own beans with a quality Burr grinder. Which personally is all part of the enjoyment. Look after it, clean and descale evey 4 weeks and you should get the best out of it.

Purchased in February 2015 at Harvey Norman for $729.00.

Jim BoydPerth, WA

Useless as supplied new.

Previous models came with Duel floor filter baskets. This model has single floor only which means ground coffee from the supermarket won’t work ( no pressure) Sunbeam are aware of this and tell you to purchase the duel floor for $50.00 If you want to fix the problem. Fantastic machine if only they supplied the correct baskets .

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Jim Boyd

We have resolved the problem by purchasing a duel floor filter basket. I was trying to make the point to any potential buyers that one should be included with the machine at time of purchase

Michael_Jones

Michael_Jones

Coffee OK - Sunbeam service TERRIBLE

Purchased in April 2019 for $600.00.

Hello Michael_Jones,
Thank you for sharing your experience with your Cafe Series Espresso Machine.
We value your feedback and I have passed on your review onto our technical/quality team.

DRoberts90

DRoberts90AU

Poor quality build

These machines are built poorly. 2 years on and it leaks from the bottom. Last Sunbeam product I buy. Utter crap, no consistency in quality, except that it is pot luck if you get a descent one for your money.

EM7000 to be serviced

I need to EM7000 to be serviced in Hobart Tasmania and there no service agents except the other end of state which is 3 hours away. I rang customer service but the could not help. Left message for manager to call Me - no response. Lodged online query and email advising someone would contact me in 3 days - no response. How is it possible for sunbeam you have no agents in southern Tasmania

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Hello Mirjana,
So sorry to hear about that, 7 years with no hiccup, this is my favorite unit.
We do have 5 agents in Tasmania:

Mirjana
Mirjana
Ditsy

DitsySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service center, 4th machine fail. Solid build with cheap components - particularly the collar.

2nd EM7000 to fail after 2 EM6910s had similar issues. This is a replacement machine after the first EM7000 failed with 2 collars replaced and then the whole motherboard. Was promised a 12 month warranty. Replacement machine's Collar failed at 11 months and alarming electrical shorting sounds on the Manual button, no replies to emails after over a month and phone never gets answered, then told they don't offer a warranty on the replacement machine despite me being told they do. Don't believe this is within my consumer rights, these machines used to be 24 months warranty, now only 12!
Have tried 4 times today over an hour and a half waiting for someone to answer the service line

Purchased in June 2019.

Bryan

BryanQuakers hill

Broken again

Bought my em 7000 3 years ago, loved it (wrote a review praising it then)made great coffee12 months ago steamer stopped working. Put it in for repair at a very reputable coffee repair company when I got it back nothing worked returned it to them and they repaired it again. Again great coffee for almost 12 months, steamer has broken again, very disappointed not going to spend a couple hundred bucks for another possible year. I drink a long black and thankfully i can still make them but my wife cant get her latte but its put me off buying another sunbeam. I have rated the frother below great when it worked.
Bryan

Purchased in May 2017.

Fern M.

Fern M.Sydney, NSW

No presssure

Machine has no pressure, you could put your whole weight on the tamper and fine ground coffee. the gauge stays at 0 Weak .
I usually love sunbeam but not that machine

Purchased in June 2020 at goodguy for $630.00.

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Makes good coffee but the pressure gauge seems flakey

We replaced our older series Sunbeam with this machine today after 10 years of service. We took the first machine back because the pressure gauge did nothing. The second machine seems now to be doing the same - dead pressure gauge. These are not analogue dials but digital so presumably something is askew with the pressure sensor or the MCU controlling it.

Irritating not to have a feature you've paid for but equally not stopping it from producing good coffee. I comfort myself with the point that I rarely looked at the gauge on the older machine which was not very well located so don't really need this one either.

Purchased in June 2020 for $550.00.

Customer support service

Purchased this machine Jan 2019. Feb I had a problem with the steamer. Calling the service number transferred to service who suggested running the cleaning cycle. No steam, called back but transferred to service with no answer. Sent email no response.
I understand the current pandemic is disrupting work places, but no response is unacceptable.

Purchased in January 2019.

Kip B.

Kip B.Perth, WA

The best.

Bought it second hand from a coffee buff. Read some reviews about leaking problems after about 1 year . This one was about 2 years old and in beautiful condition. After getting the run down on how to work it, I must say it makes the BEST coffee I have ever had. It makes my old Sunbeam entry level machine ,which I thought pretty good, second rate!

Hi Kip B,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear you're loving your Sunbeam Coffee!

barneseye

barneseyeWodonga

Fantastic machine. Things we love - compact compared to Breville; twin thermoblock means can steam and draw coffee simultaneously; quick to warm up; our first one gave 5 + years of great service.

Hello barneseye,
Thank you for your feedback - happy to hear you're loving your sunbeam coffee!

CorrezpondSydney, NSW

Broke Down at 6 months; Sunbeam Customer Service Appalling

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $724.00.

Correzpond

Big company changes should be comprehensively planned and diligently executed so that customer service does not suffer. "The best they can" is simply not good enough and confirms why I will never purchase another Sunbeam product.

Correzpond

Emailed Sunbeam Customer Service 4 days ago and still waiting for even on acknowledgement. Sunbeam is quickly providing a lesson in how you turn loyal customers into enemies.

Correzpond

This is the typically rude and dismissive response that I have come to expect from Sunbeam Customer Service. However please keep going by all means so that readers of Product Review can see what they can expect if they purchase a Sunbeam product.

Kirstin

KirstinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my coffee machine

This machine has never missed a beat. Brings my joy every morning. Perfect extraction and perfectly textured milk.
It is very easy to clean and extremely easy to use. My son is also making great coffee.

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,000.00.

Hello Kirstin,
We're so happy you and your son are enjoying you're Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000!
Thank you for the wonderful review!

beachshack

beachshackNorthern Region, NSW

Second major problem in just over 2 years.

Was hoping this Cafe series expresso machine purchased in 2017, was built to a higher standard than the previous model which failed after several years of light use. However it started having problems and then stopped altogether( lights on nobody home) resulting in a costly repair replacing electronic board . 6 months later and the pressure of the steam wand is reduced to zero despite diligently following care instructions. It also now wont even go through a clean cycle. Pfft, certainly cant afford another costly repair. Goodbye Sunbeam, no longer a quality reliable company.

Purchased in February 2017.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Roost

RoostBrisbane

Poorly made product

Bought an em7000 coffee machine, steam wand temperature gauge was faulty, the pour had no pressure at all no matter what grind was put in, grinds that worked well on other machines also it consistantly poured 75-100ml on the double cup setting not the 60ml as stated even after a factory reset, there were so many faults out of the box, I took it back for a refund, no way did I want a replacement it was just that bad.

Hello Roost,
We're sorry to hear about your bad experience with this product.
Thank you for your feedback.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

The coffee pressure gauge doesn't work during the pour regardless of how fine the grind size is, what should I do?

1. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  2. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase dosage for coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.

My steam wand temperature gauge is not working, what should I do?

Make sure the steam wand is clean and the temperature sensor on the wand is fully submerged in milk.

Why is there no pressure in my pour?

The coffee grind coarseness and tamp pressure will affect the coffee extraction pressure. Adjust to a finer grind size and tamp firmly.

The double cup setting poured between 80ml to 100ml rather than the 60ml, what should I do?

To re-program the 2 CUP button, follow the instructions below.

1. Prepare the 2 cup filter with coffee and tamp.
  2. Place 2 cups under the espresso pour spouts.
  3. Press the PROGRAM button.
  4. Press the 2 CUP button to start the espresso pour. Press the 2 CUP button again once the desired volume of espresso has been extracted. The espresso machine will beep twice to indicate the new program for 2 CUP operation has been set.

Why can't I get any crema no matter what grind I use?

The freshness of the coffee beans affects the level of crema. Change to a different batch of coffee beans and ensure it is used within 2 - 3 weeks of opening the bag.

My coffee tasted bitter and black, there's no pressure or crema even after I followed the instructions. What should I do?

When the grind is too fine and the grounds are packed too tightly together, it will be harder for the water to penetrate the coffee puck. This will result in an extraction that is too slow, hence bitter drinks. Adjust the grind setting and make the grinds coarser. Don't apply too much pressure when tamping.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

• Cycle water through the group head
  • Purge steam through the steam wand
  • Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use
  • Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils
  • Empty the drip tray and rinse

Latest Consumer Questions

Kezza

Kezzaasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

I have a EM7000 and since the last descale i keep getting coffee grinds in my coffe and the pressure gauge wont work

Hi Kezza,
Would you mind following the steps below & seeing if this solves your issue.
1- Grinds might not been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
2- Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Dose more coffee grinds. Use single filter basket for single dose.

Jacqui D

Jacqui Dasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

Hi my sunbeam is 18months old however since the beginning I have not been able to move the pressure gauge when making an espresso. I have the cafe series grinder, and I run between 6-8, keep it filled and with fresh (expensive) beans each week. I’ve tried lots of different variations to get a result and now at my wits end. If I use the double pour and place the rubber disc the pressure gauge finally moves when the machine sounds it’s about to blow. I had assumed it was my error to begin, then I stopped using the machine as the coffee wasn’t great but now I have had a barista trained friend over and he couldnt solve it either. I’m assuming I’ve had a faulty machine from the beginning which is super annoying as I just don’t have the budget to replace it as a mum of young kids.

Hi Jacqui D,
If you go to our website attached https://www.sunbeam.com.au/ & scroll to the end of the page you will find service agents locator if you click on there you will find any in your local area that will be able to assist you with your enquiry.
Please let me know if this helps you.

Tara Andrewasked

Cafe Series Espresso EM7000

My sunbeam Cafe series is fairly new. 4 months ish. Will not hold peessure. Has been difficult to get it to do so from beginning but won't at all now. No crema. My daughter is a Barista so knows how to make a coffee. We have cleaned and descaled head. We are using a Cafe series grinder on about 10 -12.

Faji

Is it a burr grinder? I have to alternate my grinds with every different brand of beans I try. Some are perfect as low as a 6 grind and some need a 12, If the machine is fairly new and looked after then it has to be a grinding issue. I found the sunbeam baskets need a bit more coffee put in them as well so try adding a little more. Also if the machine is a little used take a Phillips head screwdriver and unscrew where the group head connects, this all pops out and gets completely gunked up regards of your descale. I do this with every cleaning rotation.

Hi Tara,
If you could place the rubber cleaning disc into the 2 cup filter basket & put the coffee handle onto the machine & press the manual button & if the pressure gauge reads above 9 o'clock then your coffee machine is ok. And your issue is your grinder. Can you advise which model of grinder you have?.

Thank you.
I have the sunbeam Cafe series burr grinder.
Used cleaning disk and pressure gauge went all way into red zone.
Turned grinder down to 3 and pressure maxed out, so will try a little higher in am. Was using grinder at 10 when the free flow of water occurred. Will playbaround with grind. Have read that some people need to alter their grind with different beans.
Thanks for your help. At least I know it's not the coffee machine.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 5 Sunbeam Cafe Series Espresso EM7000
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) $899.00$899.00$899.00$899.00
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar15 bar
Input Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNoNo
Water Tank Capacity0.03 L0.03 L0.03 L0.03 L
Colour / FinishStainless SteelRedGraphiteWhite
Dimensions 355 x 365 x 340 mm355 x 365 x 340 mm355 x 365 x 340 mm355 x 365 x 340 mm
Weight12.7 kg12.7 kg12.7 kg12.7 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateJune 2012