Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000

15 questions from our users

giuseppe.parmegiani

giuseppe.parmegianiasked

How can I get the adjustable top blade to move.....it looks jammed !! Hardly turning in any direction !

giuseppe.parmegiani

giuseppe.parmegianiasked

The variable height blade got stuck....won't adjust by turning the knurled base neither clockwise or anti-clockwise

Emma C

Emma Casked

I can’t get the universal S blade to stay in the correct position, every time I try to turn the machine on the blade pops up and starts spinning around the top of the spindle. Have tried multiple times and pressed firmly down on the blade when attaching to the spindle. can anyone let me know how to fix this?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Emma C,
Not sure if something broken here without seeing. Maybe give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to troubleshoot.

David Shoobridgeasked

My processor has just stopped... all lights are on but no noise...how long is warranty?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi David Shoobridge, the warranty period is 12 months and the motor has an extended warranty but I would like you to call our Customer Care team on 1300 881 861 to discuss this with you

David Shoobridge

Well I’m rapt... with proof of purchase Sunbeam have honoured the warranty, and are replacing my Food Processor with another on its way.
Thankyou Sunbeam.

Colleen

Colleenasked

Can I make almond butter (using only almonds) in my Sunbeam Care series LC9000?

Joy

Joyasked

Does it puree meat and chicken?

Lily
Lily

I’m vegetarian! Sorry I can’t answer this.

Kate Y

Kate Yasked

My spindle does not hold the variable cutting blade in the choosen position, can you help. Please.

Marjieasked

How do I close the drawer it goes half way then lifts up and won't shut?

Peterb666

I had a similar problem at first. Caused by two things - alignment not quite right and the way things are placed in the draw.

I removed everything and practised closing the door empty to figure out how it engaged with its guide. When you have that worked out, put things in one at a time and check the door closes. Some combinations don't work. The trickiest is the 2-blade bit which pops in either way but only sits properly in one position.

Once you have it worked out, it will never be a problem again.

Marjie

Thanks for that! I tried it empty then repacked it like you said and it worked! It had me baffled because it was shut of course but once I opened it, it wouldn't close. It seems the be the little blade that was the problem. I bought it because I like the storage drawer.

Sue

Sueasked

2nd request. How does the pulse button work. My one won't stay in the pulse position. It keeps springing back to off?

Peterb666

The pulse button is only supposed to work while you hold it down.
For continuous use, press the START/STOP button.
Auto Pulse works continuously but in short bursts then of and repeating that process.

Those are the three operating modes.

Susan Footner

Susan Footnerasked

Hello
I bought the Cafe Series Food processor from Harvey Norman on the 26th Feb 2015. It has stopped working and does not even light up when I plug it in. Have tried everything. I am very unhappy, as rely on this for my food preparation, and it was expensive. As I have bought it on Harvey Norman's buy now pay later, I have not even finished paying for it, and is has died. I would expect it to last much longer than just over a year. In fact it was in April that it died... just 2 months out of warranty. Not good. I loved it while it was going... could not fault it. What can I do?
Warm regards
Sue

VintageDom

Sunbeam appear to read this forum. Hopefully they will contact you and offer some suggestions. Alternatively, you should try contacting them.
I had an issue with my Panasonic microwave - also just out of warranty. I was lucky to have an extremely helpful person on the other end of the phone and a happy ending was achieved.

ursie

ursieasked

What is the easiest way to remove shredder blade?

VintageDom

I also find that the blades can be difficult to remove from the spindle. I hold the spindle over the sink and push the blade away from me (towards the sink). It does require a little effort.
Hopefully Sunbeam reads this forum and will respond with a better option.

scruffy

scruffyasked

Smashed the top section - base still all in tact - is the top section available as a separate item if so what price?
Regards
Maria Laird
email: marialaird@ymail.com

EVM
EVM

Since review contacted Sunbeam who were quite helpful. Sunbeam should be able to supply part. Also you could try eBay where I got new spindle . Don't know cost, sorry.

Jo

Joasked

My Sunbeam LC 9000 won't start? both of the safety locks are on - I can lift the machine just holding the bowl! why won't it start? Many thanks Jo

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Jo, as per your facebook message as well could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 and ask to speak with Team Leader when you are with the product to assist you futher.

LePetitPhantome

LePetitPhantomeasked

Could anyone tell me whether the bowl is dishwasher safe? Most hard clear plastics go brittle and crack with regular dishwasher use & I don't buy stuff that won't go in the dishwasher.
Thanks in advance

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Thank you for your enquiry. Please refer to the Care & Cleaning of this unit: Dishwasher Use
All plastic components deteriorate through
the prolonged use of a dishwasher for
cleaning.
We do not recommend to place any parts of
the food processor in the dishwasher.
If using the dishwasher, place parts only
on the top rack of your dishwasher. Do not
place any parts in the bottom racks. This
may cause plastic parts to distort due to the heat.

Grant46

Grant46asked

I have an LC8900 which failed after 4 years of light domestic use. Motor failure. This is a common fault I noticed in its review on this site. It has a product rating of 2.6 stars. My question is directed to the Sunbeam Representatives who apparently monitor this site. Have the apparent motor problems been rectified in the LC9000 model. Grant46

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Grant,

We are sorry to hear tha your LC8900 is has a motor issue, did you know the LC8900 comes with a 10 year motor warranty. To provide our assistance can you please contact Sunbeam Customer Service either by phone on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives