Sunbeam Mixmaster Classic

• Safety

P J.

P J.Sydney, NSW

Wasted my money as motor burnt out within 3.5 years

The motor burnt out within 3.5 years. Way below my expectations.

Bowl gets stuck and took several days to dislodge.

Bowls design is pathetic and when you wash it it’s not sealed properly so water gets stuck in the base.

Purchased in May 2016 at Myer for $219.00.

Terrible, never again

I purchased the cafe series mix master some time ago but never used it. I opened it from the box yesterday as my other one had broken. I put it on the lowest setting and the speed was like the maximum setting and the mixture just kept splattering everywhere and made a mess of my kitchen. Something is definitely not right. Then the mixer started jumping around all over the bench. I turned it off and that was it.
There goes all my money in the bin as it's brand new and obviously not under warranty.
Will never purchase this brand again.

Hello Esmay,
Could I ask how long you have had your mixer?

Hi
I have had it for a few years however i never opened it till now. So so disappointed. Stupidly I should have opened it at the time and used it to make sure it was working. Have lost confidence in sunbeam.

Sue

SueMurray Region, NSW

Sunbeam used to be a reliable brand

I purchased this mixer based on previous great service from a Sunbeam Mixmaster I had many years ago. I have used it, very successfully about 4 times. Today I was making a cake and stopped it to scrape the sides and when I turned it on again....nothing! I tried everything, removing then reinserting beaters, remove and replace the bowl, even tried the second bowl and it simply would not work.
I will be returning it to the store tomorrow for a refund. Very dissapointing when such a well known, previously reliable brand is now producing inferior products. The inconvienience of having to return an item then shop for a replacement is enough to prevent me trusting that brand again.

I dont recomend this product.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $170.00.

Hi Sue,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. We are so sorry to hear of your experience with our MX8500 and will be passing it on to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Fiona L

Fiona LCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

My Mum's I960's Sunbeam Mixmaster Is Truly Classic!

For a product almost 60 years old my Sunbeam Mixmaster still works like a dream and I can even purchase new attachments for it!
Thumbs up to Sunbeam, for continuing to make products with no built in obsolescence and still able to be serviced and repaired.
As a result of such positive experiences with my truly classic Sunbeam Mixmaster, I have gone on to purchase many other Sunbeam products and all have similarly proven exceptional longevity and reliable performance.
Highly recommended!

Hi Fiona L,
We love hearing this!. Thank you :). Hold onto it, it is a great machine. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Didn’t last long

Bought for my wife 2 years ago mx8500 now motor runs but beaters don’t work. I am like so many others. Thought Sunbeam was STILL a good product so I would buy another one. Should have looked at the product reviews. Talk about cheap and nasty. How disappointing. As other people have said. Just a heap of junk. Shame on you Sunbeam you have trashed your good name with rubbish to make a few extra dollars. Dumb Dumb Dumb

Purchased in March 2017.

Hi Gary Gray,
We are sorry to hear of your experience with the MX8500. I will be sure to pass this on to our product team for valuable feedback. Kind Regards Sunbeam

glenbas

glenbasLaunceston, TAS

worst sunbeam mixmaster ever

After owning a Sunbeam for over 30 years we decided it was time to upgrade, We purchased the silver model almost 2 years ago. We only used the mixer occassionally, to cream butter & sugar or whip cream, maybe 2 times a month. A few weeks ago I contacted Sunbeam as the mixer could only be used on low speed, if we turned it up the beaters would jam. I was advised to take it to our local sunbeam repair agent which i did. I collected the machine today to be told it was no good any more as the gear box had seized !!! I am so angry that after minimal use over a 2 year period it now has to be thrown out. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Last time I will ever buy Sunbeam

Purchased in November 2016 at Begents Electrical Launceston 7250 for $350.00.

Hi glenbas,
Sorry to hear of the issue with the MX8500. I will be sure to pass this feedback onto our Product and Tech teams.

Kayser

KayserMid North Coast, NSW

Great product.

I have had this mixmaster for just over a year. This machine works very well and is easy to scrape food off the sides of the bowl. The attachments are great for mixing ingredients and the bowl size is excellent. I bought this at a great price and would highly recommend this product.

Customer C.Sunbeam

So good to hear you are making the most of your mixmaster Kayser, thanks heaps for the review

Bowl hard to unlock

I bought this after my old machine of 10 years died. It works great only problem is I have a lot of trouble unlocking the large bowl I have no trouble with the small bowl. Does anyone know the trick to unlocking the large bowl. It might be faulty .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Never buy Sunbeam!

Date PurchasedDec 2005
Wendy Gordon

Wendy GordonPERTH

Just what i was looking for

I am extremely happy with this mix master. The main reason for this being, i can scrape the edge of the bowl whilst it is mixing without any effort at all. I had a very expensive mix master that i sold because i couldn't do this. It had scraper beaters, but i find that they don't do the job well enough, especially for meringue. This classic model is just so easy to use. love it

Lani

Laniauckland

Great mixer

I have had this mixer for 3 years now. No problems. Very easy to use. Looks smart on my bench. Highly recommend . Solid machine. I get a lot of comments on how good it looks. Easy to clean. Got it at a great price. Even hubby can work it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Bowl doesn't spin

Highly disappointed with this mixer. My husband purchased it for me for Christmas 2017 from Myer, I went to use it today (2/1/18) for the first time to discover the bowl did not spin with the large or small bowl attached. We will be returning this appliance and will purchase another brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sunbeam florence broadhurst design is a disgrace

Florence broadhurst mixer really poor hardly mixes. The bowl doesn't lock into place properly very bad machine waste if money.
The toaster is fine but the mixer complete let down.
Pity because sunbeam was a trusted brand for me, I'll never buy sunbeam again.
The mixer has made me not bother using it and I cool alot.
I wouldn't waste time, effort or money on sunbeam mixers again.
I could've got a better machine from target it chosen the Kenwood.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Denise

DeniseMid North Coast, NSW

Cheap disappointing product, don't waste your money on Sunbeam

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Fiona J

Fiona J

Noisy, bad oil smell

I purchased this as my grandmother and mum both had a similar Sunbeam mixer. They worked great. Mine did not. Although it looked similar, when in use it always had a bad smell of burning oil. The motor sounded screechy. Note I am speaking in the past tense...there were 2 motors one to spin the bowl around. It failed and the mixer is now in the landfill.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Attaching and rotating bowl is a nightmare

I recieved this as a gift. I had the issue of bowl not attaching or detaching properly. At about 1 month old the base fell apart it was replaced whole new machine but i still have the same problem. Its useless! I also have issues putting beaters in and quite often the beaters bump together to the point where i have small metal peices from beaters in my mix. Would not reccomment at all, should really return it. Dont want to offend my mother in law with sending it back as i wouldnt replace with the same mixer again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

patrick hamilton

patrick hamiltonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sunbeam Customer Service is appalling

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Skye swasbrick

Skye swasbrickQueensland

worked for four years

Hi my grandmother has a sunbeam mixmaster classic we have put the little bowl in and it is stuck to the turntable and all it is doing is clicking and turning. We don't know what to do or how to get the little bowl of the turn table Can someone help us?

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Will not cream butter and sugar took over half hour to get mixture

This mixmaster is no where near as good as our 30 year old Sunbeam mixer, when mixing ingredients for example trying to cream butter and sugar, the mixture just sticks to the outside of bowl spinning around mixing nothing, manually having to force the mixture to the centre of the bowl. This was bought as a birthday present last March and my wife is very disappointed in it and says it has taken the joy out of cooking with the extra time it takes to mix the mixtures. I do have a video of this. We did call customer service regarding this issue and have tried their recommendations on the problem without these fixing the problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Problem detaching bowl

I brought this mix master, and after one use I could not detach the bowl from the base. One day I decided to unscrew the bottom and found that a small spring was not affixed where it should have been, after reattaching the spring I could finally remove the bowl. It works just fine now.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Davey

Daveyasked

I have been given a sunbeam mix master classic and I'm having difficulties with inserting and removing the beaters. Are they meant to insert flush or with a small gap. I cannot insert them wthout a small gap.
And Now cannot remove them. Is it safe to turn on without being flush to the machine?

Melody  S.

Melody S.asked

I have had my sunbeam stand mixer for a year, this is my second time using it the bowl that came with it will not stay on the turn table can you please tell me why and if you have a trouble shooting link that I can go on?

hello Melody S,
Could I please clarify - Are you not able to insert the bowl back into place or does the bowl get dislodged after you start using it?

Chip
Chip

The bowl can only be locked in place when the swing arm is in the lifted position - with the appliance off, click the black button on the side and use the handle to lift the beaters out of the bowl. Use the lever on the side below the bowl to select either the large or small bowl, then fit the bowl into the base - you should feel the notches on the base and bowl align with each other as the bowl seats itself, then turn the bowl clockwise about a quarter turn and you will feel it lock into place.
One of the beaters should have a grey collar, the other is white. Ensure the grey collarded beater is used in the left hand side slot - it's marked with a black dot. If you have them the wrong way around the bowl won't turn.
Click the side button to release swing arm back down into the bowl until it clicks into place.

Maggie S.asked

I have a sunbeam Cafe Seris 850 watt mixmaster. The beaters are starting to clack together badly whilst mixing. What is the problem? Do I need new beaters? Maggie

Hello Maggie S,
Does the wear look like it's on the beaters or the part where they are inserted into the mixer?
Could I also ask, how long have you had this mixer for?

Thanks for reply.
I have had the mixer for probably over ten years, but it has not been over-used during that time. Its appears that the beaters are looking a bit rough on the edges. But then, is this normal?? It certainly sounds like its the beaters that are hitting together and not at the point of insertion into the mixer.

Hello Maggie,
If that is the case you can purchase a set from a number of sites:

1. http://www.elliselectricals.com.au/product.php?id_product=180
2. http://spares.bigwarehouse.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=81834_81847_92533&&products_id=1687298

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Download manual