Good Luck with this one.

I would have picked this up in 2010 ,11 same deal like most others has been use as hand held mostly.My drama is it's stuck in @ high speed and the locking button won't lock this happend after the 3d time of use and l couldn't find my reciept.l was thinking of using my cordless drill with one mixing blade and I will have a a lot more control. I won't be buying Sunbeam again.

Date PurchasedSep 2011

Disappointing

Does an ok job when using as handheld mixer but I find it impossible to use as a freestanding mixer, simply because the beaters / dough hooks don't reach the sides or bottom of the bowl.
I also think the bowl is uncomfortable to hold in hand and is too big for the size of the mixer attachments / normal use.

Waste of money and space in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
HI Martina. Please ensure that the mixer is fully locked in when using the stand as there is a double lock mechanism. Some people only lock it once and this is when it doesn't touch the bowl.

Motor mount is diecast metal, broke between motor and gear box, pathetic cheap, rubbish.

Find another make, pay extra and don't buy Sunbeam rubbish.

As Australians we are being loaded up with poor quality China made junk, we need to wake up to the dumping of crap gear.

Find another make, pay extra and don't buy Sunbeam rubbish.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Lasted for ages, great workhorse.

The motor driving the worm gear for bowl rotation has just died, after more than 20 years service. I'm happy with that, I can't expect it to last for ever. It's had extensive use by a keen home baker and never given any trouble. Turns out it's cheaper to buy a new one than get it fixed, so we will keep the beater section for use with other bowls and buy a new overall unit. The fact that they still make these and have only changed the plastic bowl to a stainless steel one shows how good the design is. (Date Purchased, below, only goes back to 1998 - we purchased this unit in 1997)

Date PurchasedJun 1998
Hi Firey, so true, why change a product when it does the job so well!! The MX5950 does punch above it's weight and it's great you have had so much use from it, thank you.

Great economical mixer

I was in the market for a handheld mixer when I found this little gem. As a baker I know it's not going to be anywhere as good as a professional mixer but for home use it's quite ideal. I haven't tried the dough hooks yet so I can't comment on that but the normal beaters are fine for cake mixing and cream whipping. The ability to detach from the main body and use as a hand mixer is very handy.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the great review Barry F!!

It could not be worse!

Silly me! I read some reviews before purchasing this mixer, but obviously not enough.
There was only one person's review where I read it, who said that when used on the base the hands don't reach firmly the bottom, but the review in general wasn't bad.
Well, it's a shocker. The beaters only work around the bowl and they certainly don't touch the bottom or sides at all, so to start anything when the ingredients are low it's completely useless, even pressing down they don't mix.
And when using off the base it's still impossible to mix the bottom layer, don't even think of tilting the bowl as the beaters cause it to move all over the place.
Worse still, every time you need to stop beating you can't leave the hand beaters sitting on the bench next to the bowl to add ingredients, as they're lower than the bowl, so you need a higher base where to sit it or it tilts the bowl!
This would have to be the worst mixer ever made!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Worst I've had

I'm in the same boat as most reviews. Had my mixer for over twelve months and have to use the hand beater to mix egg whites as their is a gap between the beaters and bowl so mixture isn't getting mixed, I love making sponges and the machine isn't doing the job for me. Very disappointed and a waste of $99.00 dollars.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

My original one 12 years old was great!

I need a new hand mixer so I am looking to replace this one which has lasted me 12 years and never missed a beat. But in reading the reviews of the same model in 2018 it seems they have changed the design. There is no gap between the bottom of the heaters and the bowl of my old one,only a couple of millimetres. Also my old one only has 5 speeds and a boost - the new ones have 10 speeds and a boost apparently. Don't think I will get the same mixer this time if it really does have this big gap people have mentioned.

Date PurchasedJan 2006

Good for starter

The hand mixer works smoothly but the stand mixer does not perform as well as hand mixer because two rollers could not reach the mixture properly.
There is very noisy sound when operating, especially when running at high speed.
The capacity of the mixing bowl satisfied my needs.
This machine might be suitable for people who start doing baking.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

After 20 times of usage in 2 years. Nylon gear marred. . Sunbeam do not carry parts.

Only used 20 plus times in 30 months. The beater not turning. Motor was running. Called parts suppliers, no parts available for this model. Called sunbeam customer service. Was told to reach repair service. Also, was told sunbeam do not carry parts for small appliances. Open the mixer myself. Notice the nylon gear is marred. The Motor is good. I was also told that sunbeam discontinue the model. They were aware of the defects. They should recall all units in the Australian market.....it's still on rack at shops

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Egg whites flop !

This unit is only good if you don't need to beat egg whites as it just takes to long with no result. I like making sponges so it's important to me to have fluffy egg whites. I think if the beaters were bigger it would do the job.Yet it's perfect for an "all in one bowl cake"

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Happy so far

As previous reviewer said you get what you pay for. Cannot expect a $150 dollar mixer to perform like a $600 one. Admittedly I am not a heavy user of mine but for what I use it for is good. 'Tis a bit noisy but what can one expect of a mixer. I have had mixers for more than 40 years and have never had a silent one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Dissapointing from Sunbeam

I found this product was overall, difficult to use. The whisking attachment was quite flimsy and couldn't even mix a simple cake mix together. I found the bowl size to be ok but the body just seemed to be almost too small for the size of the bowl. Plus the bowl itself didn't want to stay in place when I was using the mixer. I have only used this mixmaster once & don't think I will again. Dissapointing for Sunbeam

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Loved it! Although recently clapped out so I need another! (Had it for several years)

For a relatively good priced mixmaster it doesn't do a bad job. I've seen a lot of negative reviews however I do believe you get what you pay for.

For simple small recipes it's a great little machine! Apart from using a spatulae to get the ingredients off the sides while it is spinning I honestly couldn't ask for anything better at that price.

I use the beaters detached at times as I sometimes find it easier. I bought mine quite a few years ago (possibly 6-7) and it's only now clapped out, pretty sure it was just the electric cable. Anyways I'm looking at buying the same one as I think their a great little machine for your average kitchen.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Loving it!

I finally had to ditch my 47 year old hand/stand mixer so wanted one similar to replace it.
It's exactly what I wanted and has virtually the same features as my old one, plus it has dough beaters, which mine did not.
It spins well, the beaters touch the bottom of the bowl, I cannot break the glass bowl and it was definitely the right price.
Apart from being a bit noisy, but I'll get used to that, I am more than happy :)

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not recommended

Bought this mixer when it was on sale at Target for approximately $55. I have to use the hand mixer without the stand when mixing the ingredients for a cake as the beaters do not reach anywhere near the bottom of the bowl. I wouldn't recommend this product as the stand is just a waste of space.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Waste of Money

I was given this as a gift and I wish the gifter had saved her money. When detached the handbeater it is not too bad, but personally I don't see the point of attaching it to the stand as there is such a big gap between the beaters and the bowl it does not pick up ingredients. Without stopping and manually incorporating the ingredients you end up with inconsistent mixing - but I would think that the point of a stand mixer is to be hands free.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Not pleased

I didn't want much, just something to beat butter and sugar for cakes, mix the occasional packet cake mix or to thicken cream. The machine labours on the simplest of mixes and is very noise and clunky. I wish I had put my money towards something more substantial. Not pleased.

Hi Gettingthere, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Very disappointed.

This machine is useless, we have had it for 4 years and my wife never had a success with it. I used it for the first time last night and found the reason. I can fit my fingers between the beaters and the bottom of the bowl so the ingredients there don't get mixed in. Ours is going in the next council collection.

Hi Mike, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

This doesn't do anything

What a piece of crap! Can hand mix better. Waste of money!! I tried to beat cream and had to use a hand mixer. Paid $170 for this thing. Should have read the reviews first. Not sure how I can write more words for something that does nothing! It's easier if it was a good product.

Dear Mundtsters, Thank you for your feedback. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with the bench/ hand mixer MX5950. Kind Regards Sunbeam