Sunbeam Piccolo Espresso EM2800

Sunbeam Piccolo Espresso EM2800

Perfect coffee at bargain price

Had this machine for 6 years and have just had to replace the brew head seal ($15 delivered via eBay). Quick warm up and very easy to use.Makes perfect coffee and good milk frother. Never missed a beat just hope I can still get replacement deals when I next need to replace it. Not as stylish as some machines but the quality of the coffee is what counts.

Purchased in May 2013 at Big W Retail Stores for $99.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily
Hi John M. Thanks for the great review. Enjoy ! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Very good coffee Great value

Had this machine for six years and hasn’t missed a beat. Makes excellent espresso and froths milk very well. Provided fresh quality beans are used and you have a good idea how to make a barista quality shot you won’t find a better result in a machine 10times the price. (Mine was $99).
Nice and compact and easy to clean.
Only maintenance is I run a cleaning chemical through it once a year and replaced group head and froth wand silicon seals after 4yrs.
Would not hesitate to purchase another should mine die.

Purchased in February 2013 at Big W Retail Stores for $99.00.

Consistency
Milk Frothing
Product is used: Daily
GrinderCuisinart Coffee Burr Mill Extra Fine
Thanks for the great review Alby

Value for money

I'm very happy with machine, very good for medium single cup. I take only black coffee. I do have one problem with Group Handle. I unscrew the little screw to clean the handle than I noticed whole thing was mouldy (look like). I could not clean the handle, it appears coating its gone and left black stains. That part its not Staines steal. That metal don't like hot. I'm still using the machine but it does put me off because I have to pull apart every time after use. Please can you tell me why is that happening I do love my little machine. I got the machine online on 30/08/2017. Hope I hear from you soon. Thank you
Regards

Sonja Turina
Perth

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi, You shouldn't need to take screws off to clean. You really should just remove the filter basket and scrub all over and this should take care of the cleaning for the handle.Yes I did that but when I remove the screw and under the black round plastic part was look a like mould and all over the little holes where coffee comes out. Coffee didn't coming out as before. That is the reason why I did removed screw than I find out that holes was almost blocked. I had a similar coffee machine before (Breville) but no any kind of this. Design of handle was slightly different. If is only to remove filter basket would be breeze, but even that is the bit hard. Anyway I'm writing to you and asking for advice or your opinion how can I resolved this issue. Sunbeam is very well known brand but some of the product could have faulty designs. If I have to removed screw once in 4 weeks I will be very happy, but doing that every time no I'm not happy. Regards Sonja Turina Perth WA 6065Hi The filter basket needs to be removed from the handle to give it a good clean....it can be quite tight whilst new. You could try using a toothbrush to get around the screws and into the holes in the filter basket itself.

Stopped working after 6 months

I was very happy with this machine at first, it made lovely espresso. Then 6 months later it started to leak from the seal where the group handle attaches. It doesn’t matter what type of coffee I use, it just doesn’t work anymore. I’ll be spending a bit more next time to get something that lasts longer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Nene, it could be that there is a problem with the rubber seal but hard to say. Please return to the store of purchase with your receipt as your machine is still under warranty and the store will replace it for you.

Love my Piccolo

I’ve had my little Piccolo for around 7years and has been used every day. Unfortunately I’m going to have to buy a new machine pretty soon as the cup now stays stuck in the machine when I remove the wand and it hurts my arthritic hands to remove it.
It’s been a brilliant. I’m hoping I can buy another.

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Hi Connie. Thanks for the great review!! The EM2800 is still available to buy through all major retailers.Thanks Sunbeam. I have enquirer in department stores here in my area. None of them sell the Piccolo. Do you have a list of places in or around Brisbane. Would really appreciate your help. Thanks. connieHi Connie. Unfortunately we don't have visibility of the retailer's stock levels so I can't guarantee you of a place to purchase. If it's easier for you, you can purchase directly from www.sunbeam.com.au and we will post it directly to you!

Fantastic Coffee Machine

I love this coffee machine. The stream wand to froth the milk is the perfect size, I used to be a barista and compared frothing the milk with the sunbeam vs my mum's expensive machine (cant remember the brand but it was a $600 purchase) and hands down the Sunbeam makes much better milk. If you're like me and only making 1-2 coffees a day then don't waste your money on a fancy machine - this is all you need.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Didn't get to make coffee because water tank leaked like a sieve returned it and replacement did the

Didn't get to make any coffee as the water reservoir leaked like a sieve. Liked the fact it came with a milk jug and cup warmer tho. Second machine leaked as well but store wouldn't replace a second time but refunded money instead so bought a Delonghi instead which I'm very happy with.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Does the job

I purchased this machine to practise my milk frothing but this machines milk frother air nosel is not very strong so it takes abit longer than an industrial machine. That being said, it does make beautiful coffee, just like barista made if you get your milk right. It heats milk well. It is easy to use, a little noisy but not too bad, not enough to be annoying. Easy to clean and maintain, not too bulky so doesn’t take up much bench space.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great value for money

Paid $99 for this at Big W on special. The machine is small enough to travel with me in my suit case. I've had it for 2 1/2 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Its been on oil rigs and half way round the world to the UK and back many times. Coffee needs to be pre-ground but for $99 makes better coffee (if you know how to make coffee) than most coffee shops in Perth WA. Would recommend this product anytime especially if you are looking to travel with it. Steamer works real well. Big thumbs up.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

not bad

coffee machine is great in all experience coffee always tadted amazing
very easy to use ! easy to clean but it had its down falls it was loud nd graonsof coffee wete never melted proply it would be hard to get take out were the coffee went in it would jam alot aswell but its not bad

Date PurchasedJan 2015

I love it

We have a cafe series Sunbeam machine that is a couple of years old and bought this for the smaller footprint and it does exactly the same job for 1/6 the price. It is compact on the bench and has the cup warmer. Its easy to use if u r used to frothing milk. I grind my own beans in the cafe series grinder and the machine delivers a nice crema and a great taste. Similar to the double wall on the cafe series. Its perfect for a couple or small family who doesnt drink a million coffees a day. You can just froth milk and make hot chocolate too, It has nice pressure and I like how the spill tray can be taken out to fit a taller glass. Ideally for the price this is a steal. Nice coffee for a fraction of the price of other machines. What you save you can spend on beans. Its easy to fill and easy to clean. Nice one!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Works as it should....

Bought this on ebay for my wife who just finished a barista course.
Pretty basic but a good starting point to see if she continues interest.
Makes all the coffees she learnt in the course (8?) and is good inexpensive fun.
12 months warranty which is good.
Even if it only lasts a year or so, it is still good value at the $100 purchase price.

Great but leaking water,

I've just bought this machine few days ago. It's a nice creamy espresso but already leaking water from water rereservoir. I wondering , I can repair to change new O-ring??I don't want to have a repair at Sunbeam company because it's need to cost delivery fee n wait a couple of months I think..

Date PurchasedAug 2017

So hesistant to write another review on a Sunbeam Coffee machine but...

this one has worked perfectly for the last 2½ years. Purchased in Feb 2015 from Harvey Norman at $106.90 inc delivery. No bells or whistles - a great little coffee machine that does all on an individual basis. A one cup wonder. Two cups from one scoop - forget it - weak and diluted. But one cup at a time - excellent. Takes up minimal bench space. Easy to clean. Quick and reasonable quiet - great for morning and afternoon lates and frothing milk for a hot chocolate before bed for a good nights sleep.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Another 2¼ years on. Still working perfectly - have had mixed experiences with Sunbeam Coffee Machines but this time they have got it right. 4½ years on and just keeps working with so far no issues at all. If it fails tomorrow - won't mind reckon got great value.

Ok

It was an ok machine. A little bulky so it was put in the cupboard, which meant that when I felt like coffee I usually couldn't be bothered taking it out of the cupboard and getting it ready. So in the 2 years I had it, I probably only used it less than ten times. It made nice tasting coffee although a little bit loud. Easy to operate. In the end i sold it on gumtree and bought a pod machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

love this machine

This machine was 99 from big w and we love it. We use it every day- sometimes 2x a day and never had an issue. Its easy to use and had a frother which is also handy. We liked it so much we bought them all as Christmas presents for our family.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Good for what is it

It is easy to use with no unnecessary buttons or functions. It is great for a small cup of coffee but won't fit a thermos or anything bigger than a medium sized cup. We also found the machine quite loud, especially the frother but it is bearable. Overall great for a small office or to put in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

I bought this almost one and half years ago and have used it every day since then to make two cups of coffee in the morning. It took a week or so to learn to use it properly. It took some time to learn how to froth milk without making a loud noise. Also, the tray must be emptied after every use or the water can spill over. After learning these little things making coffee with it became really easy. The coffee is as good as from any cafe (depending on the quality of coffee used). Easy to use and maintain. Great value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great but hard to get the inserts out of the coffee holder

We purchased this machine from bigw about 6mths ago. It's a great little machine, doesn't easily fit a big cup but wasn't designed to! The only issue I have is trying to get the half shot / single shot inserts for the coffee holder in and out - I nearly stab myself with a knife trying to do this in the mornings. I would be great to have a second handle to use but the parts are too expensive.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Sweet but short-you can't always get what you want

Much like the musical instrument itself, this coffee maker is small, sweet and can leave your tastebuds tingling with joy. But (and it's a bigger but than Sir Mix-A-Lot ever dreamed up) the shelf-life for this baby is short, sometimes shorter than the damn coffee itself. I've worked my through three of these machines now, each one lasting about six months at best, and it's been moderate usage too, a couple of cups a day in the office, and even though the Piccolo hardly costs a song, I expect more than that length and usage from a purchase. I should have known better though, like the barista who keeps burning your coffee, Sunbeam seem to specialise in espresso makers that burn a hole in you pocket. No more though, they have burned their bridges with me this time at last. It's a shame really-despite the usual drawbacks with a Sunbeam machine (more leaks than a Liberal government, a cup holder you'd need tiny Trump hands to navigate etc) with the right brand of coffee and a little trial and error, the machine can make a decent cup of coffee. It would just be nice if it made a few more cups before it breaks down, but I guess it does prove that you get what you pay for-and I think next time I'll pay a bit more and hopefully get a better lasting machine. Be warned coffee lovers, you buy this machine at your risk and coffee should never be a gamble like this.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

My coffee grounds stay really wet after making coffee
Does it matter?. So long as pour is good I’m satisfied..Hi Brian b, Yes that is fine. As long as you are making a good coffee this does not really matter...

Hi I have a Sunbeam EM2800 which i have used for 2 years with no problems. However out of nowhere when turning the machine on and waiting for it to heat up before making coffee, the tank empty its self out into the waste tray continuously until the tank is empty. What can or should I do? I am in Sydney, NSW. Thank you.
Hi Emilie G. Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear of your experience with your EM2800. Please call us on 1300 881 861.

I wrote to you before about my problem. That problem did not go away still there. You wasnt very helpfull because you didnt believed or dont wanted to addmit that could be faulty design. Why grouphandle creating such unplesant marks on the black plastic and also very bad stains on inside metal and black plastic part. You can only see it when removing that tiny little screw. No matter how I try it I can not remove it. It does put me off to make coffee because looks like mould. That problem was from very beggining. I do love my little machine, but I shouldnt be taking little screw off every 4-5 coffees. Im only the one who using the machine.
It could be faulty design but I don’t have same problem. If your seals are good but still leaking, take him back to retailer or call sunbeam customer service. I do not get mould stain because I clean thoroughly after each use. Also I use filtered water to make my espresso. Hope this helps.

Piccolo Espresso EM2800