Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

• Product is used:
    • Daily (9)
  • Milk Frothing

dreaniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Throes safety switch every time

Bought one and as soon as you pour a shot the safety switch (earth leakage) in the fuse box activated. Took it back and got it replaced with another one but it's the same, as soon as it comes up to pressure the safety switch activates. They want me to bring it back and try a third but I think I'll get something else

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,099.00.

Noise Level
Customer CareSunbeam

Could I ask which Harvey Norman store this was, I would like to contact them so we can these units. Like I said I have never come across this before, thank you for your feedback. We will do our best to retrieve these units for testing.

Anthony BSydney, NSW

Common Fault and VERY Poor After Sales Service

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,000.00.

Noise Level

Hello Anthony,
Sorry about that, I didn't see the edits you had made to your original comment. I only had seen your LED display inquiry, I will contact our service agent and will have that approved for you.

Andy

AndySydney, NSW

Really enjoying this coffee machine

Purchased in October 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,036.00.

Hi Andy,
Great review, thanks so much!!!

Judy

JudyVictoria

Failure

A few years back I purchased this machine from Harvey Norman. I was so excited but was short lived
No pressure was told the grind then the temper.so I enrolled in 2 coffee making courses and was.great.
I tried 3 Torino machines now I own one fantastic Expo Bar no issues what so ever
I think sunbeam needs to look further into the machine
Torino could in the future be a great machine
Was this machine an old model from another maker?

Purchased in May 2016 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $2,000.00.

Hi Judy,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. This is definitely a Sunbeam original design. Kind regards Sunbeam

Cleaning cycle won't complete

The cleaning cycle of this machine is not working as per instructions or anything close to what the YouTube video suggests should be happening. I run the cycle but it does not flush completely and does not clear the cycle.
This is a good machine for coffee but clearly many other users have also found problems with this unit so it seems the manufacturer has more work to do in getting this machine right.
Don't bother calling the sunbeam help on a weekend either.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Clean cycle wont go off again Has been cleared already under warranty this will be 2nd time. Just out of 2 year warranty

The machine is amazing but not when the clean cycle come on. It wont go off. Have put it in under warranty had it fixed now it is back again. Have followed updated instructions too the book and instructions from service centre and today it is back
Yes 18 Months later but surely people should not have too put it in for a service too get rid of clean cycle everytime.. Have just tried cleaning it again following updated instructions both cleans done and still clean comes up. I am not the only 1 that has this problem too clear it cost $150 it was cleaned 3 times by us on the day it went it. Yet the repair centre even charged too run the tablets through again. Just out of 2 year warranty.

Purchased in May 2017 at Sunbeam Australia.

GrinderSunbeam Torino Precison Grinder

Hi Jan,
So sorry to hear of this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Jan
Jan

I rang back but there was no notes so the lady could not help me.
This machine I know in 12 months the clean will come back and again it will cost $150.00 or more..

Hi Jan,
I have spoken to the lady whom took your call. A case has been created -00702303 and an email has been sent to you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Justalittle

JustalittleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible. No pressure. bad coffee

This machine has just never worked! We have had this machine for less then 12 months and it just has never held pressure and poured good coffee despite hours of playing. We had a Sunbeam Cafe Series for years we loved and why we upgraded. Spent $$ on a lemon, when we complained was told the machine works so nothing could be done. Terrible customer service on what ia obviously a known LEMON coffee machine

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer Online Store for $1,200.00.

Hi Justalittle,
So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further trouble shooting. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Brendan

BrendanSouth East Queensland, QLD

A product is only as good as the service

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,099.00.

GrinderSunbeam Conical Burr Grinder EM0450

Pressure gauge not functioning and coffee leaks from hopper at all sides

We purchased this machine last June from Harvey Norman in Napier. We own a B&B and wanted equipment that makes first rate coffee. Until February this year, the equipment was perfect everytime however it now leaks from around the hopper and the hopper is very loose when filled with grounds ready to brew whereas before it was snug. The grind size has not been changed.

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,400.00.

Hi Jacquie,
Thank you for your valuable feedback and review. So sorry to hear of your issues with your Torino. Please call our Customer Care team on 0800 786 232 and we would love to assist you further.

Pat

PatSydney, NSW

Mine is good but some getting used to

Bought 2 years ago. Am happy with it. What I’ve learned is that pressure can be really sensitive to tamping. I do get the odd cup that fails. But if anything mine are more like ristrettos. Plenty of pressure. One issue: I can’t get the ‘clean’ message to go away. I’ve run the cycle but it isn’t satisfied. Still works fine.

Purchased in April 2017.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Bar pressure is dismal- terrible

The bar pressure is non-existent! Have tried adjusting the grind and cleaning the machine with no avail.
Also, the programming function doesn’t work for either 1 or 2 shot.
It’s a lot of money to spend for no coffee!
I keep trying to get through to the help number and all I get is an answering machine saying they are in a meeting and to call back?! Are you kidding?! How about you call me back! Not cool!

Purchased in April 2018.

GrinderSunbeam Precision EM0700
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Harriet, Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the difficulty in getting in contact. If you haven't already done so since your review, please call on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you.

Great machine for the money

Have used 2 cafe series sunbeam coffee machines since 2003. Both lasted until now. Apart from occasional servicing I have had only 1 problem during those years. Exceptional. The Torino is top of the tree quieter and quicker and a more beautiful practical machine. It is ideal for home use and I have absolutely no qualms in recommending this machine to anyone who will listen.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Aussie_gd!

orezero

orezeroWalkerston

A great piece of coffee kit.

Have had the Torino since September and cannot fault the quality of the brews that the machine produces. It's a shame but we've almost given up going out for coffee as we've found we experience a more consistently good coffee at home. Have even begun practicing some coffee art. Our old machine was a Breville Dual Boiler and would rate the Sunbeam at least a star better. Very impressed and have no complaints thus far.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Orezero!

ChrisSNUG

Looks good.. Great coffee for two weeks only

The first 20 cups where perfect, but after that the coffee is very inconsistent and I'm pouring most of the coffee down the sink. Same amount of coffee in the group head and you get two different results. Put the cleaning disc in and the gauge went to maxamin and it stayed there and no water came out of the group head, removed grouphead and placed it back in position and then tried again and water poured out. I'll be asking for a refund. My old sunbeam was an excellent machine...really disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Chris

By the why when it went to full pressure no water appeared so don’t know how it would clean, my old machine would use a couple of litters in the process

My new Mr Shiny is wonderful !

Love this machine! Have had a few but this one is a dream...once I worked out the grind and coffee it was all go!
Can't beat the looks either ;)
Most of all it makes coffee better than the cafe!
Love waking up to this each morning! The temperature is great, every time a perfect crema...
Once I have worn this one out..will be back for another machine lol!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Sister Crow!!!

Terrible quality machine - won’t last

If you are going to spend this much money on a coffee machine I strongly recommend going with a better brand such a expobar, ecm or rocket. This machine looks great but lacks the functionality it should have. Many plastic components are hidden, the coffee is watery and doesn’t get enough pressure and the steam wand has insufficient mobility. The manual lever and steam wand already creak and groan when moved. Terrible machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Coffee Lover, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the machine. If you think it is faulty please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further

CathThe Rock

Worst coffee machine I have bought!

Bought Dec 2017, took back late April 2018 as water pouring out around group handle when making coffee. Had to call to ask where it was, didn't get it back till end of June. And it is still pouring water out! Am not impressed. Will be taking it back to Harvey Norman today for a refund as the machine is not fit for purpose. I do not want another offer of having it fixed as it is obviously not worth it! I just want my money back so I can purchase a decent coffee machine!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Cath

I have taken it back to Harvey Norman and they quite happily gave me a refund. I now have a new coffee machine but not Sunbeam!

Judi WBrisbane

Sunbeam Torino

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Hi Judi,
Please give our Customer Care team another call today on 1300 881 861 so they can discuss the programme further with you. Just want to make sure the machine is working fine for you.

Mrs TeeQueensland

I love this machine

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks Mrs Tee! Glad to see you're enjoying your Torino!

Lucky

LuckyBrisbane

Sunbeam PU8000 - Setup for Success

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Linda H.

Linda H.asked

Hi we have cleaned our Torino now twice and it's still asking us to clean it.
Help how can we reset it and use it again

Hello Linda H,
Please follow the steps on page 23 to reset all programs back to factory setting: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Phil Myersasked

My pu8000 won't hold pressure on the extraction basket

Hello Phil Myers,
Could I ask if you have changed your coffee recently or the grinder settings?

Because it sounds like it may be under-extracting.
If the needle is before the target area, this indicates the serve of espresso is ‘under-extracted’ as it has extracted too little of the essential oils, flavours and colours from the coffee grinds. This occurs when water passes too quickly through the tamped coffee grinds and is an indication that either the grind is too coarse (so the water flows straight through the grinds) or the filter basket has been under-dosed (too little coffee in the basket).

Have a look at some of the solutions for this problem on page 18; https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Phil Myers

No grind changes, no changes at all - i made a superb espresso in the 1st extraction of the morning, then extracted a second when it started spluttering and fluctuating pressure just as it completed the extraction. I ran a third with spluttering and pressure fluctuation from the start so i shut the machine down, waited a while then restarted, same problem for 3 tries, restarted again same problem 2 tries then stopped.

Neil

Neilasked

Hello my Sunbeam Torino is now 3 years old and until a week ago has been perfect however it is now tripping the circuit breaker. Initially only when heating the milk and only after 20-30 seconds of heating. It was not tripping when I extracted my coffee. Now it trips immediately that I turn on the PowerPoint. Suggestions please?

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives