MPN: SNB-PU8000

Failure

A few years back I purchased this machine from Harvey Norman. I was so excited but was short lived
No pressure was told the grind then the temper.so I enrolled in 2 coffee making courses and was.great.
I tried 3 Torino machines now I own one fantastic Expo Bar no issues what so ever
I think sunbeam needs to look further into the machine
Torino could in the future be a great machine
Was this machine an old model from another maker?

Purchased in May 2016 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $2,000.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Judy, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. This is definitely a Sunbeam original design. Kind regards Sunbeam

Cleaning cycle won't complete

The cleaning cycle of this machine is not working as per instructions or anything close to what the YouTube video suggests should be happening. I run the cycle but it does not flush completely and does not clear the cycle.
This is a good machine for coffee but clearly many other users have also found problems with this unit so it seems the manufacturer has more work to do in getting this machine right.
Don't bother calling the sunbeam help on a weekend either.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Pete M, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So to hear of your issues with the cleaning of your Torino. Please check your Instruction Manual - does it have a total of 24 pages or 36? If it has 24 pages -please call us on 1300 881 861. Our Customer Care Centre is only open Monday to Thursday 8.30 - 5pm and 9.30 - 5pm Friday. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Clean cycle wont go off again Has been cleared already under warranty this will be 2nd time. Just out of 2 year warranty

The machine is amazing but not when the clean cycle come on. It wont go off. Have put it in under warranty had it fixed now it is back again. Have followed updated instructions too the book and instructions from service centre and today it is back
Yes 18 Months later but surely people should not have too put it in for a service too get rid of clean cycle everytime.. Have just tried cleaning it again following updated instructions both cleans done and still clean comes up. I am not the only 1 that has this problem too clear it cost $150 it was cleaned 3 times by us on the day it went it. Yet the repair centre even charged too run the tablets through again. Just out of 2 year warranty.

Purchased in May 2017 at Sunbeam Australia.

GrinderSunbeam Torino Precison Grinder
Hi Jan, So sorry to hear of this. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards, SunbeamI rang back but there was no notes so the lady could not help me. This machine I know in 12 months the clean will come back and again it will cost $150.00 or more..Hi Jan, I have spoken to the lady whom took your call. A case has been created -00702303 and an email has been sent to you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Terrible. No pressure. bad coffee

This machine has just never worked! We have had this machine for less then 12 months and it just has never held pressure and poured good coffee despite hours of playing. We had a Sunbeam Cafe Series for years we loved and why we upgraded. Spent $$ on a lemon, when we complained was told the machine works so nothing could be done. Terrible customer service on what ia obviously a known LEMON coffee machine

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer Online Store for $1,200.00.

Milk Frothing
Hi Justalittle, So sorry to hear of your experience with the Torino. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further trouble shooting. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

A product is only as good as the service

Contacted Sunbeam prior to purchasing to ask a few questions however they failed to write back to me.

Decided to purchase despite other negative reviews and poor customer service as the machine suited our needs.

The first machine was DOA and I had to return it to Harvey Norman who tested it and swapped it out straight away.

Replacement machine is very good and is making good coffee. The grinder is horribly messy.

I contacted Sunbeam twice now in writing and again by phone to express my concerns over the reliability of this machine and to ask for a refund that Harvey Norman couldn’t offer 2 hours after purchase with a dead machine. They have not called back as they said they would and not responded to my mail.

As I said, any product is only as good as the support given by the company and in this case it makes a probably half decent machine horrible.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,099.00.

GrinderSunbeam Conical Burr Grinder EM0450

Pressure gauge not functioning and coffee leaks from hopper at all sides

We purchased this machine last June from Harvey Norman in Napier. We own a B&B and wanted equipment that makes first rate coffee. Until February this year, the equipment was perfect everytime however it now leaks from around the hopper and the hopper is very loose when filled with grounds ready to brew whereas before it was snug. The grind size has not been changed.

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,400.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Jacquie, Thank you for your valuable feedback and review. So sorry to hear of your issues with your Torino. Please call our Customer Care team on 0800 786 232 and we would love to assist you further.

Mine is good but some getting used to

Bought 2 years ago. Am happy with it. What I’ve learned is that pressure can be really sensitive to tamping. I do get the odd cup that fails. But if anything mine are more like ristrettos. Plenty of pressure. One issue: I can’t get the ‘clean’ message to go away. I’ve run the cycle but it isn’t satisfied. Still works fine.

Purchased in April 2017.

Hi Pat. Thanks for the great feedback. Please try the following: Please fill the water tank to max · Perform the CO cleaning cycle · Fill the tank up to max AGAIN · Perform the ST cleaning cycle. If this does not resolve the issue please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Bar pressure is dismal- terrible

The bar pressure is non-existent! Have tried adjusting the grind and cleaning the machine with no avail.
Also, the programming function doesn’t work for either 1 or 2 shot.
It’s a lot of money to spend for no coffee!
I keep trying to get through to the help number and all I get is an answering machine saying they are in a meeting and to call back?! Are you kidding?! How about you call me back! Not cool!

Purchased in April 2018.

GrinderSunbeam Precision EM0700
Hi Harriet, Thank you for your feedback. We apologise for the difficulty in getting in contact. If you haven't already done so since your review, please call on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you.

Great machine for the money

Have used 2 cafe series sunbeam coffee machines since 2003. Both lasted until now. Apart from occasional servicing I have had only 1 problem during those years. Exceptional. The Torino is top of the tree quieter and quicker and a more beautiful practical machine. It is ideal for home use and I have absolutely no qualms in recommending this machine to anyone who will listen.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks for the great review Aussie_gd!

A great piece of coffee kit.

Have had the Torino since September and cannot fault the quality of the brews that the machine produces. It's a shame but we've almost given up going out for coffee as we've found we experience a more consistently good coffee at home. Have even begun practicing some coffee art. Our old machine was a Breville Dual Boiler and would rate the Sunbeam at least a star better. Very impressed and have no complaints thus far.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review Orezero!

Looks good.. Great coffee for two weeks only

The first 20 cups where perfect, but after that the coffee is very inconsistent and I'm pouring most of the coffee down the sink. Same amount of coffee in the group head and you get two different results. Put the cleaning disc in and the gauge went to maxamin and it stayed there and no water came out of the group head, removed grouphead and placed it back in position and then tried again and water poured out. I'll be asking for a refund. My old sunbeam was an excellent machine...really disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Chris. Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. If the gauge went to maximum when you had the cleaning disk in, it means the machine is reaching pressure and is operating as it should. This would indicate that there is an issue with the grind. Can you give us a call on 1300 881 861 to discuss in more detail? Alternatively, send us a private message with your contact number and our customer care team would be more than happy to call you.Thanks for your reply, its not the grind, I went though a kilo of bean at all different size grind, when I did manage to get a decent coffee and went to repeat the process I consistently go a different result. I never had an issue with my old sunbeam.By the why when it went to full pressure no water appeared so don’t know how it would clean, my old machine would use a couple of litters in the process

My new Mr Shiny is wonderful !

Love this machine! Have had a few but this one is a dream...once I worked out the grind and coffee it was all go!
Can't beat the looks either ;)
Most of all it makes coffee better than the cafe!
Love waking up to this each morning! The temperature is great, every time a perfect crema...
Once I have worn this one out..will be back for another machine lol!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great review Sister Crow!!!

Terrible quality machine - won’t last

If you are going to spend this much money on a coffee machine I strongly recommend going with a better brand such a expobar, ecm or rocket. This machine looks great but lacks the functionality it should have. Many plastic components are hidden, the coffee is watery and doesn’t get enough pressure and the steam wand has insufficient mobility. The manual lever and steam wand already creak and groan when moved. Terrible machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Coffee Lover, sorry to hear you are unhappy with the machine. If you think it is faulty please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further

Worst coffee machine I have bought!

Bought Dec 2017, took back late April 2018 as water pouring out around group handle when making coffee. Had to call to ask where it was, didn't get it back till end of June. And it is still pouring water out! Am not impressed. Will be taking it back to Harvey Norman today for a refund as the machine is not fit for purpose. I do not want another offer of having it fixed as it is obviously not worth it! I just want my money back so I can purchase a decent coffee machine!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Cath. Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Do you still have the machine or have you brought it back to Harvey already? If you still have it, please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and we would me more than happy to assist you.I have taken it back to Harvey Norman and they quite happily gave me a refund. I now have a new coffee machine but not Sunbeam!

Sunbeam Torino

Love the coffee from this machine. My first CLEAN message came up, so I followed the Coffee Thermoblock Cleaning Cycle manufacturer's instructions in the User Guide to the letter but nothing happened. Tried twice, nothing. I then proceeded to the Descaling Cycle for both the Coffee & Steam Thermoblocks,again to the letter, and again nothing happened. I phoned Sunbeam Customer Service at 9.51am, they were busy so I left my phone number for a customer service officer to contact me. I got online and watched a Youtube video & it seems that the Sunbeam User Guide instructions are missing important details on the cleaning procedure for both cleaning methods. When I purchased the machine I received 2 packs of the EM0010 cleaning tablets which are not suitable for the Coffee Thermoblock Cleaning Cycle so there were no cleaning tablets for that cycle. It would have been ideal if both types of cleaning tablets were included, not 2 of the 1 type. It's now 1.50pm and I'm still waiting for a customer service (??) officer to contact me. I'm not holding my breath. Poor service from Sunbeam.
Judi

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Judi, Please give our Customer Care team another call today on 1300 881 861 so they can discuss the programme further with you. Just want to make sure the machine is working fine for you.I will not phone your team again and wait for 5 minutes for an automated message suggesting I again leave my phone number & wait another 24 hours for Sunbeam to get back to me. You should have my contact details, so if you want to discuss this matter further you can contact me. Judi

I love this machine

This machine works just as expected. I have 10 years experience in coffee and you do need to know a bit about grinding, and measurement and it's effect on pressure. Have used different kinds and found the correct adjustment for all of them wothout a problem. It is not a plumbed machine so it's you who needs to be consistent with your drop and grind to get the same level pour each time. Once you school yourself in how to get the correct grind (not hard) you wikk get the expected results from this machine with a lovely crema every timd. The pressure stays constant when pouring and steaming, and I get a fantastic crema. The 2L water tank is awesome and so much easier than other reserve designs and the machine is quiet compared to other when it pumps. Very happy with this product.

September 16th 2019 Update: Excellent domestic machine for people who know what they're doing. I still love it!

I'm an ex- barista of ten years experience. My Sunbeam Torino and grinder works wonderfully. Yes it is a domestic model but it has Excellent pressure, beautiful Crema. You have to know what you are doing. This is not for amateurs. You need to know how to adjust your grind and machine to get good pressure and results. I highly recommend for experienced home baristas who don't want a commercial machine on their kitchen bench. Yes the manual needs upgrading but I think an updated version is available if you call the 1300.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Product is used: Daily
Thanks Mrs Tee! Glad to see you're enjoying your Torino!My pleasure. I notice alot of people have issues with the 'clean' function. I found there was a step missing in the manual. Basically the 'clean' message will go away if you follow the instructions step by step with a descaler. Now, at the end of the 'ST CLEAN' (steam) wand cycle, after you let it run for about 5-10minutes as per the book, you need to turn the steam OFF normally, and the 'CLEAN' function will then make all the buttons flash across the buttons - DO NOT TOUCH THE BUTTONS. It will flash all buttons in sequence for about 30 seconds, and then 'READY' will display again as normal.

Sunbeam PU8000 - Setup for Success

Well..I picked up my new machine yesterday 10 May 2018. Very excited to get it setup and running. Read the instructions..cover to cover. Put everything together step by step. Water level..check. The moment of truth..turn on the power and wait. Heat up cycle check..Turn the hot water function ..check..no worries..all going well. Check water comes out of the group head..check. Turn on the steam..FAIL. Nothing...not a sound. Scratch head..reread manual..no change. Go through startup procedure again..and again..and..again. Check fault detection in manual..nothing about steam faults. Then read online forum and get the answer. Water tank not seated properly..pump unable to draw water from the tank...little giggle here..take out water tank..and put back in..steam everywhere. Problem solved. Set machine up for grinder as recommended, prepared machine..Perfect coffee everytime so far. So..Sunbeam..please amend your manual to include possible steam problems, particularly on first startup and ..who knows some people might still get that great coffee feeling instead of disappointment and have to return the machine DOA on day one. Have a great day. Happy Camper...now..lol. Thank you..online forum people..
MacGregor Bne

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Sunbeam torino coffee machine

This machine has to be one of the worst coffee machine ever!! 10 weeks old coffee is very watery not expressing properly tried all trouble shooting, called sunbeam the tech guy went through trouble shooting on the phone and to my amazement told me the machine was fine how he could know that from a phone conversation is beyond me.
Another issue the drip tray fills withe water because it expels so much water while warming up, consequently the tray needs emptying about every 5 cups.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Pre-infusion doesn't work causing inconsistent shots

The coffee shots are very inconsistent because there is no anti-drain back mechanism between the group head and the water tank. Since this machine is volumetric, it counts the water priming as if it were passing into your cup, but it is not.
You can see this by simply operating the manual shot lever with no group head fitted. No water flows out during the pre-infusion because it is priming the water lines. If you pre-prime the machine, you need to fit the head very quickly and pull the shot, before the water drains back too much. The water drains back out of the head in about 3-4 seconds. This is not acceptable and shows a poorly designed machine that was not tested during design.
If you use the full manual option you can get a more consistent shot and the pressure and grinder seem fine.
I would not recommend thus machine because this makes it very difficult to use and it does not work as advertised by Sunbeam.
They should do a recall and retrofit some type of anti-drain back valve
UPDATE Nov 2018:
The cleaning instructions in the user manual are incorrect and do not work. There is no mention of pressing CLEAN button x2 to access the STeam clean function. It also says 'P' but should say 'Program'. I have performed the Coffee group head clean and the STeam clean numerous times, following the sequence of removing, filling and re-installing the water tank, but it does NOT reset the CLEAN warning.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great machine for Home! Love the look of the machine too

The machine is very easy to use. We use to have the Sunbeam Cafe Series which got a lot use at home but after 6-7 years it was time to get a new machine. If you prefer making the coffee (not using the auto machines) it makes great coffee. We got the Torino grinder as it went with the machine but our old Russell Hobbs grinder has lasted more than 10 years. Hopefully this Torino will be just as good. If you switch Coffee brands you will need to adjust the grind. We switch between 4 brands at the moment so on occasion the grind may be to fine. My husband and I have coffee everyday (avg 6 in one day). We have been using coffee machines for approximately 15 years and so far the Torino is performing as well our poor old Cafe Series (Sunbeam). Very happy with this product!

Date PurchasedSep 2017