3Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

3.4
3.4
4.2
Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

Sarah L.
Sarah L.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Best machine I’ve ever had

After years if Italian machines, I got the Sunbeam Torino and it is by far the best I’ve ever used. Takes a while to perfect and get used to it but you will be able to make coffee as good as any cafe. Beans need to be fresh. No more than 2 weeks old or you will need to adjust the grind to accommodate a “drier” bean. Cleaning properly every day is essential and then I get it professionally serviced and deep cleaned every year. $100 or so is a small price to pay to ensure it runs smoothly. Show details ·  1
John F.
John F.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

StashuHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Initial impressions

Just upgraded from a breville bes920 - flash looking unit all the features you need at a run out price that's hard to beat ...professional set up at budget price.
Only dislike is the grinder has no preset grind timer ,a breville feature I liked.
Fingers crossed it lasts ........... Show details
Matthew R.
Matthew R.Queensland2 posts

Kim H.3 posts

Kim H.

And of course Sunbeam doesn't care what I write about the Torino because it's now been discontinued! How convenient. So now I'm stuck with a lemon. Thanks.

Sister Crow
Sister CrowNew South Wales

Best coffee machine I have ever owned ..love it!!

Best machine I have ever owned ..2 plus years and still going strong ..makes better coffees than the cafes ..will buy the new model when it wears out ….have had no issues with it at all :)  Show details
Alexander A.
Alexander A.Sydney, NSW2 posts

‘Clean’ will not come off LCD

The manual was followed 100% accurately.

Please do not simply state what’s already in the manual, I have read this multiple times over.  Show details

Monika B.
Monika B.Alice Springs, NT3 posts

Torino code machine is fantastic

Love our machine. It's 3 years old and makes the perfect coffee and froth. We clean it monthly to make sure it lasts and hasn't let us down. We find the $12 kg Coles coffee beans work amazingly. People come to us to visit and have our coffee instead of shops. Lol.  Show details
Samuel Thomas
Samuel Thomas 4 posts

Sunbeam make excellent coffee machines and Coffee Grinders

have had Sunbeam coffee machines for 15 years and they have been amazingly reliable.
I am now looking to buy a new PU8000 TORINO and I can see that many people are having problems with this model.
I have changed my mind about buying this model and will wait till the next updated model arrives. Hopefully Sunbeam will have corrected all these current faults.
I am so grateful to this website that allows real people with real issues with their appliances to air their grievances.  Show details
Matt
MattSouthwest, VIC3 posts

Excellent quality of pour

Excellent machine, only issue I have had is like others, excessive steam at start up. HELP SUNBEAM!
Otherwise the pour is spot on. Its hard to stuff this up even for novices. Steam is nice and powerful too Show details ·  3
Linda&Bradley
Linda&BradleyCanberra 2600, ACT5 posts

Jack
Jack Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Waste of money

Machine broke down before 2 years. Sunbeam won't repair under warranty cus they think there is nothing wrong with it. Don't bother. There's better machines out there with a better price. I brought about a year and half ago. Machine broke, didn't produce cream tasting coffee. The technician had an argument with me and now they won't refund me and in stuck with a terrible coffee machine no no no no no no no no. Show details
Larsons
LarsonsSydney, NSW4 posts

Leaks everywhere after less than 2 years

Got our Torino back in 2018 and in less than 2 years the Torino begins to leak. Usually, after we press the button the coffee would dispense accordingly. Now the coffee keeps on dripping after it is meant to stop. We even turn off the machine and the coffee still dribbles when it should have ceased. This caused a huge mess of coffee stains all over our kitchen counter as well as around the Sunbeam Torino. Feeling dismayed on the poor quality of this Sunbeam product. Show details
JohnB
JohnBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Azza
AzzaPerth, WA3 posts

Noise Level

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

What is the proper way to froth milk with this machine?

There are helpful videos on Sunbeam's Coffee Hub to guide you through to the perfect cup of coffee: grinding, coffee extraction and milk texturing.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

The coffee making process involves extracting oils out of coffee grinds to make espresso coffee. Deposits of these oils build up over time and affect the taste of the coffee and operation of the espresso machine. Regular cleaning to remove these oils is essential and will maintain the quality of the coffee the espresso machine produces and result in less maintenance being required. This is easy to do by following a few quick and easy cleaning steps after each coffee making session:

1. Cycle water through the group head
  2. Purge steam through the steam wand,
  3. Wipe the steam wand clean with a damp cloth immediately after use,
  4. Remove the filter basket from the filter handle and clean away any old coffee oils and empty the drip tray and rinse.

Important: Never wash any of the espresso machine parts or accessories in the dishwasher.

You can find the full care and cleaning information in the Product Manual, page 26 - 27.

Why is my pressure gauge no working?

1. Coffee may be too coarse, use a finer grind.
  2. Grinds might not have been tamped (compacted) enough, tamp more firmly.
  3. Not enough coffee grinds may have been used. Increase the dosage of coffee grinds. Use a single filter basket for a single dose.
  4. Try with the dual wall filter basket when using pre-ground or instant coffee.

Why is my steam wand producing only a little steam? What should I do if it stops working?

The steam wand may be blocked due to scale. Scale is a surface build-up of minerals that naturally occur over time in all appliances that are involved with the heating of water. Therefore the espresso machine will require occasional descaling. It is recommended that the espresso machine is descaled every 4-6 months; this will vary depending on the frequency of use and the water hardness in your area. Get full details on Steam Thermoblock Descaling from the Product Manual on pages 31 - 32 .

Latest Consumer Questions

AMD

Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine PU8000 - STUCK in CLEAN..
After 4 Hr and Many liters of water and trying many of the suggestions; Am still with a CLEAN warning.

Have done the Hot Water and the Group head and they appear to work, BUT still the Clean Message. So 5 times I have tried the STeam and last time let it run for two full tanks of water and another 1/2 tanks instead of 2 min.. AND tried any number of methods mentioned.

WHAT do I need to do to GET RID OF THE MESSAGE !!!

Mortda
Mortda

I have also now of the same problem below that was also posted by an Alexandera A of Sydney 2 years ago and I very much like to sort out this proble Cheers Mortda
"Clean will not come off LCD, despite completing the coffee clean and descaling on multiple occasions, with correct sunbeam tablets.
The manual was followed 100% accurately.
Please confirm if there is buttons I can hold and press together, in parallel, or in sequence, to remove ‘clean’ from the LCD and return to ‘Ready’."

What was the FIX

Mark S.

Hi, I have just completed a clean of the machine both coffee and steam. I have done both 3x now and when I switch the machine back on the window still says CLEAN. How can I resolve this please

Louise O.
Louise O.

I’ve just had the same thing happen. Did you find a resolution to this?

What was the FIX