Sunbeam Verve 68 Resilium

Sunbeam Verve 68 Resilium

SR6800, SR6805 and SR6850

Hazard after two and a half years

It started blowing my power every time I used it after two and a half years. An electrician identified the problem. Disappointed as it cost me quite a bit. .
Warranty expired after two years
I will now buy a different brand from Sunbeam

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys.

Clothing Material Cotton
Hi Waiting Long, Sorry to hear of your issues with your iron and thank you for feedback.. I will be sure to pass this onto our product manager. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Leaks a lot, scalded me. Not hot enough for cotton and linen.

I bought this iron as it was heavier so I thought the extra weight would make ironing easier. I have always bought Sunbeam irons and have been satisfied in the past.
This Verve 6800 is a dud. Leaks constantly a lot of water. Not a dribble but splashes, and I have been scalded as a result. I have tried 1/4 filling with water, but it still leaks all over the place. It fizzes and splashes the water as you are ironing so is a scalding hazard.
The hot plate does not get hot. It gets warm enough for poly/cotton items but nowhere near hot enough to iron the wrinkles out of cotton and linen items.
Cannot recommend.
Although I bought it last year, I have only just tried it out.

Purchased in June 2018 at Target Australia for $80.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Hi Niko, So sorry to hear of this. I have passed this on to our product team for valuable feedback. Please return to Target for a replacement or refund. If you have any further issues in doing this please call us on 1300 881 861. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Twice steam button broke

This iron was more expensive $109 from Harvey Norman. Usually I buy the $50-$60 versions but thought a higher price would give higher quality. Within 2 months the steam button popped out. I rang sunbeam they said return it to store- got a new one exactly same. Sure was.... it’s steam button broke in 3 months. Got a refund now I’m looking at a teafal. Shame always had sunbeam

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $109.00.

Clothing Material Cotton
Hi Rose j, Thank you for the valuable feedback and I am sorry to hear of you experience with our iron. I will be sure to pass this onto our tech and design teams .

This works great, very gentle on your clothes. Nice and light, love the safety turn of. Very happy with this product.

Love how light it is and how it gliders on the clothes and how it irons and love the saffty auto off. well worth the money. Very happy with this product

Purchased in December 2018 for $79.20.

Product is used: Daily
HI Tracy, Thank you so much for the great review, we appreciate it!

Love using this iron

I had used this iron at my sister in laws and loved how well it ironed out the wrinkles. When I needed a new iron I automatically went for the same one and lucky for me it was on special. It's a little weighty but I like that , it has auto steam which is handy too. Easy to use and does a great job

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Shannon S, This iron is great on steam and agree on the heavy side but that helps to make ironing super smooth! Thanks for fab review!!

Use It Nearly every Day

Just got this to replace and ancient iron that was well past its use by and I like it a lot. It is so smooth to use - it just glides across the fabric - lovely! The steam is so easy to use and the temperature control works well. I am very happy with this so far. I hope it lasts well.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Very Decent Iron

This is a good iron, I dont know why others are giving it low scores. It heats up quickly and holds its temperature well. Steam works really well as does the shot of steam feature. It has an adequate length of cord and glides nicely on the fabric. Overall we are happy wit it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Discontinued? What a shame

We have found this iron to be totally dependable in every way. Such a shame it is not around now as we would definitely purchase a new one if possible. Not exactly sure of the purchase date but about 4 years ago I think. It heats up quickly and works brilliantly on all fabrics.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Trips power

I am so over sunbeam irons The iron I have is my third with all the same problem Bought at Harvey Norman took back with issues of tripping power but had to pay extra on replacement irons as new models This problem has been happening within a few months of buying it Tripping occurs during ironing once there is some water in the tank even just a little amount of water If dry doesn't trip Had electrician check out our house wiring with no problems Used the iron at another venue and it tripped power there too During a session of ironing 1 basketful of clothes it trips 4-5 times Would not recommend Sunbeam Irons to anyone I don't know why I have put up with such dud irons for so long

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Unacceptable product quality - trips power

Date of purchase is only an indication as I had to enter one to lodge the review - I have had three of this series of iron (slight variations in model numbers, but essentially the same model) over the last couple of years - they all become unusable within about 18 months to two years. The first thing to go was always the little catch that held the water tank lid down, that would snap off very early in their life. the previous one made a noise like Chewbacca from Star Wars when on steam.
While the iron performs well when it works, I gave it one star for the main problem which should never occur in a consumer appliance as mature in development as an iron should be. The most unacceptable failing in every case was that the iron would start to trip the circuit breaker on the house. There is no excuse for a product to do this, especially when there is such a history of complaints about this, Sunbeam should have sorted this out long before now. As to a review I read where a Sunbeam rep advised the customer to get an electrician to look into it, I am electrically qualified and that is not an adequate response - I have had my iron apart and there is no obvious cause for the tripping which generally occurs just after ironing when standing the iron on its base. Sunbeam have historically produced good products but I take full responsibility for buying three in a row without coming to my senses - I will definitely be moving away form their irons for good.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Trips power

Has failed to heat. Temperature control is difficult operate, never sure what the reading is.
This tripping problem had been noticed over last few weeks. The iron is about three years old.
The iron is heavy to use and I feel that pressing is insatisfactory. I will look for something else.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Trips power

I found the soleplate glides well, however it does Drip and leak, runs out of water fairly quickly. temperature control easily knocked off setting, difficult to set temperature accurately. Not the most stable of irons but the most concerning issue is that it has tripped my power on a number of occasions and I am now going to have to replace it .

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Replacement iron failed - sunbeam told me get an electrician to help

This was a replacement iron to replace a faulty one. I didn't use it as I refused to iron. I just tried it last week and it trips my power. It's unsafe and can't be used. I rang sunbeam now. Justin advised he can't do anything. I should call an electrician. Wasn't interested in reviewing the fault. I reconfirmed with him that he honestly believes an electrician should review a sunbeam iron? He said yes. I asked is there a recall. He said no. I asked them how can you confirm its safe if you are not bothered to review. He then proceeded to say I can pay to return it very rudly. i ssd thank you and hung up. What a horrible encounter with a very rude staff member. I'll let fair trading know about this for sure.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Leaks all the time

Have had the iron for 1.5 years. Great Iron but it leaks. Have lost the receipt. There should be a product recall otherwise Sunbeam will find that all these bad reviews are going to destroy their Brand. This is a design fault and needs to be addressed. Probably best to talk to Consumer NZ or Australia to see if they will investigate. Happy for Sunbeam to contact me. In the past they have been awesome with other product repairs.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Spits water but otherwise works

Although I have only ever used Sunbeam irons and loved every one of them, I am disappointed with the way this one spits water all the time. I am hoping it is a fixable problem but cannot find any info on why this happens. Clothes become soaked as I iron. Other Sunbeam irons have lasted for 20 yrs and I have given my old ones to my sons. No problems there. Very frustrated.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Avoid Sunbeam

Bought to replace a failing Iron which ended up lasting a lot longer than expected.

I should have used the new iron sooner as its now out of warranty even though its only be used about 10 times.

Just like everyone else the iron is leaking water internally over the electrical wiring.

I spoke with customer service who said its out of warranty bad luck I can give you 30% off RRP for a new one take it or leave it. I explained it had very little use and was happy for them to look at it and see where the problem was and how it was almost brand new.

The customer service agent said "I believe you but this is a business not a charity"

Thanks [name removed], you had the opportunity to show some goodwill instead......I'll be spending $1000 dollars on a coffee machine NOT made by Sunbeam....

Date PurchasedAug 2013

2 years and now doesn't work!

It worked like a charm for about a year and half although i only used it once a week. It leaked a bit water all the time. The steam button came off and now it just stopped working. After reading the reviews, it could have been worse. DO NOT BUY!

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Hi Alex, I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam SR6800. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Tripping the switch!!

My iron is also out of warranty and has been tripping the switch. I have loved this iron as I have only ever had Sunbeam irons for last 43 years and this is just so frustrating as there appears to be no other fault with the iron. You just shouldn't have to replace expensive irons every couple of years. Very annoyed at this fault. I also purchased this iron from Target and would have given a full rating without this fault.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi Helen, We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your product. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and one of our friendly representatives will be more than happy to assist you with a discount offer off a new iron if you are interested. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Melted

I loved this iron, it was perfect.
After much use over a few years it overheated, the plate just touched the ironing board and it was black. Then the plate just slowly started melting off. I balanced the plate on top till I got to the kitchen bench. It had been turned off and unplugged straight away, but was nearly glowing red it was so hot. Not sure what year purchased.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi Verve Resilium Fan I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam SR6800. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Fire

My sunbeam ultura resillumjust cought Fire ...good job I was in the room at the time,first smoke from the point then flames , just so pleased I was there as sometimes I forget to switch it off, and come home to hear it beeping, this is what I did like about it ,an automatic cut out. Could haze burnt my unit out, plus others in the bloc ...

Hi Cranky, I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam SR6800. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist right away. Again, I do apologise for the incident that occurred with your Sunbeam product and please be advised Sunbeam take these case very seriously and all findings and feedback will be passed onto the appropriate department. Kindest Regards SunbeamCalled the sunbeam Customer care, got tired of listening to sunbeam adds., hung up , life is to short for such things, still over the brand , still crankyDear Cranky, We apologies for the delay in answering your call. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with your product.