Sunbeam Verve 68 Resilium

Sunbeam Verve 68 Resilium

SR6800, SR6850, SR6805

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Daily (3)
    • Weekly (1)
  • Safety

Waiting Long

Waiting Long

Hazard after two and a half years

It started blowing my power every time I used it after two and a half years. An electrician identified the problem. Disappointed as it cost me quite a bit. .
Warranty expired after two years
I will now buy a different brand from Sunbeam

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys.

Clothing Material Cotton

Hi Waiting Long,
Sorry to hear of your issues with your iron and thank you for feedback.. I will be sure to pass this onto our product manager. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Niko

NikoSydney, NSW

Leaks a lot, scalded me. Not hot enough for cotton and linen.

I bought this iron as it was heavier so I thought the extra weight would make ironing easier. I have always bought Sunbeam irons and have been satisfied in the past.
This Verve 6800 is a dud. Leaks constantly a lot of water. Not a dribble but splashes, and I have been scalded as a result. I have tried 1/4 filling with water, but it still leaks all over the place. It fizzes and splashes the water as you are ironing so is a scalding hazard.
The hot plate does not get hot. It gets warm enough for poly/cotton items but nowhere near hot enough to iron the wrinkles out of cotton and linen items.
Cannot recommend.
Although I bought it last year, I have only just tried it out.

Purchased in June 2018 at Target Australia for $80.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Rose j

Rose jVictoria

Twice steam button broke

This iron was more expensive $109 from Harvey Norman. Usually I buy the $50-$60 versions but thought a higher price would give higher quality. Within 2 months the steam button popped out. I rang sunbeam they said return it to store- got a new one exactly same. Sure was.... it’s steam button broke in 3 months. Got a refund now I’m looking at a teafal. Shame always had sunbeam

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $109.00.

Clothing Material Cotton

Hi Rose j,
Thank you for the valuable feedback and I am sorry to hear of you experience with our iron. I will be sure to pass this onto our tech and design teams .

Tracy Birks

Tracy Birks

This works great, very gentle on your clothes. Nice and light, love the safety turn of. Very happy with this product.

Love how light it is and how it gliders on the clothes and how it irons and love the saffty auto off. well worth the money. Very happy with this product

Purchased in December 2018 for $79.20.

HI Tracy,
Thank you so much for the great review, we appreciate it!

Shannon SACT, 2604

Love using this iron

I had used this iron at my sister in laws and loved how well it ironed out the wrinkles. When I needed a new iron I automatically went for the same one and lucky for me it was on special. It's a little weighty but I like that , it has auto steam which is handy too. Easy to use and does a great job

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Hi Shannon S,
This iron is great on steam and agree on the heavy side but that helps to make ironing super smooth!
Thanks for fab review!!

Editor76

Editor76melbourne

Use It Nearly every Day

Just got this to replace and ancient iron that was well past its use by and I like it a lot. It is so smooth to use - it just glides across the fabric - lovely! The steam is so easy to use and the temperature control works well. I am very happy with this so far. I hope it lasts well.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Tr00py

Tr00pyMelbourne

Very Decent Iron

This is a good iron, I dont know why others are giving it low scores. It heats up quickly and holds its temperature well. Steam works really well as does the shot of steam feature. It has an adequate length of cord and glides nicely on the fabric. Overall we are happy wit it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Happy chappy

Happy chappy

Discontinued? What a shame

We have found this iron to be totally dependable in every way. Such a shame it is not around now as we would definitely purchase a new one if possible. Not exactly sure of the purchase date but about 4 years ago I think. It heats up quickly and works brilliantly on all fabrics.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Norma

NormaMildura

Trips power

I am so over sunbeam irons The iron I have is my third with all the same problem Bought at Harvey Norman took back with issues of tripping power but had to pay extra on replacement irons as new models This problem has been happening within a few months of buying it Tripping occurs during ironing once there is some water in the tank even just a little amount of water If dry doesn't trip Had electrician check out our house wiring with no problems Used the iron at another venue and it tripped power there too During a session of ironing 1 basketful of clothes it trips 4-5 times Would not recommend Sunbeam Irons to anyone I don't know why I have put up with such dud irons for so long

Date PurchasedNov 2011
BrianH34

BrianH34AU

Unacceptable product quality - trips power

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Kevin JNorth Sydney

Trips power

Has failed to heat. Temperature control is difficult operate, never sure what the reading is.
This tripping problem had been noticed over last few weeks. The iron is about three years old.
The iron is heavy to use and I feel that pressing is insatisfactory. I will look for something else.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Trips power

I found the soleplate glides well, however it does Drip and leak, runs out of water fairly quickly. temperature control easily knocked off setting, difficult to set temperature accurately. Not the most stable of irons but the most concerning issue is that it has tripped my power on a number of occasions and I am now going to have to replace it .

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Reviewer

ReviewerAU

Replacement iron failed - sunbeam told me get an electrician to help

This was a replacement iron to replace a faulty one. I didn't use it as I refused to iron. I just tried it last week and it trips my power. It's unsafe and can't be used. I rang sunbeam now. Justin advised he can't do anything. I should call an electrician. Wasn't interested in reviewing the fault. I reconfirmed with him that he honestly believes an electrician should review a sunbeam iron? He said yes. I asked is there a recall. He said no. I asked them how can you confirm its safe if you are not bothered to review. He then proceeded to say I can pay to return it very rudly. i ssd thank you and hung up. What a horrible encounter with a very rude staff member. I'll let fair trading know about this for sure.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Leaks all the time

Have had the iron for 1.5 years. Great Iron but it leaks. Have lost the receipt. There should be a product recall otherwise Sunbeam will find that all these bad reviews are going to destroy their Brand. This is a design fault and needs to be addressed. Probably best to talk to Consumer NZ or Australia to see if they will investigate. Happy for Sunbeam to contact me. In the past they have been awesome with other product repairs.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Spits water but otherwise works

Although I have only ever used Sunbeam irons and loved every one of them, I am disappointed with the way this one spits water all the time. I am hoping it is a fixable problem but cannot find any info on why this happens. Clothes become soaked as I iron. Other Sunbeam irons have lasted for 20 yrs and I have given my old ones to my sons. No problems there. Very frustrated.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Jason

Jason

Avoid Sunbeam

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Alex

Alex

2 years and now doesn't work!

It worked like a charm for about a year and half although i only used it once a week. It leaked a bit water all the time. The steam button came off and now it just stopped working. After reading the reviews, it could have been worse. DO NOT BUY!

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Tripping the switch!!

My iron is also out of warranty and has been tripping the switch. I have loved this iron as I have only ever had Sunbeam irons for last 43 years and this is just so frustrating as there appears to be no other fault with the iron. You just shouldn't have to replace expensive irons every couple of years. Very annoyed at this fault. I also purchased this iron from Target and would have given a full rating without this fault.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Melted

I loved this iron, it was perfect.
After much use over a few years it overheated, the plate just touched the ironing board and it was black. Then the plate just slowly started melting off. I balanced the plate on top till I got to the kitchen bench. It had been turned off and unplugged straight away, but was nearly glowing red it was so hot. Not sure what year purchased.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Fire

My sunbeam ultura resillumjust cought Fire ...good job I was in the room at the time,first smoke from the point then flames , just so pleased I was there as sometimes I forget to switch it off, and come home to hear it beeping, this is what I did like about it ,an automatic cut out. Could haze burnt my unit out, plus others in the bloc ...

Cranky

Called the sunbeam Customer care, got tired of listening to sunbeam adds., hung up , life is to short for such things, still over the brand , still cranky

Dear Cranky,
We apologies for the delay in answering your call.
Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with your product.