Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Product is used
Angie41
Angie41BRISBANE

Lasted a week

At first it heated up quickly and worked fine. After a week it is going into auto shut off after around 30 seconds regardless if it’s standing, laying down or being used. Very disappointing product from sunbeam!

Does not work

This is the first product I've ever bought that does not work out the box. Bought this iron 2 days ago and did the first water clean. Today I turned it on for the first time and the beeping started within 5-10 seconds. The temperature is intermittent, and not able to iron a t-shirt when on hottest setting. Tonight I tried again and same beeping. Put the iron down flat to iron, did two strokes and the beeping started again. And water was dripping down from the holes in the plate. I didn't check the reviews because I've bought sunbeam for 30 years. Don't waste your time in this product.

• Product is used Daily
  • Clothing Material Cotton

Disappointed with Sunbeam Verve SR6550

I bought the new Verve SR6550 iron about 3-4 weeks ago and used it on my next ironing day. Read the instructions and how the iron worked. Couldn't stand the continual beeping for whatever was upsetting it. 2nd week: tried again to use the iron. It beeped after about 5-10 seconds having stood it on its heel. (need to stop ironing to straighten the clothes). Then it got upset again - more beeping - couldn't work out what the problem was. I shall return this to the store when I'm next in that town. After 50+ years of ironing I should know basic safety and how to use an iron! I shall go back to my non-digital steam iron which still does a good job. It's also a bit heavy.

• Product is used Weekly
Pinkay
PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good

I always iron my own shirt and this iron all of my shirt really well, it’s easy to use anc it heats up quick. The cord length is quite long, so it is easy to handle and use.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it is making life easier. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Tanya J.
Tanya J.South East Queensland, QLD

Heat up quick

I just bought this last month and it is still working well. It heats up quick, easy to handle, use and iron every type of clothing. The cord length also fits my arm and the price is not that expensive as well.

HI Tanya J,
Thanks for the great review!

tanya
tanyaSydney, NSW

not too bad

It is not too bad as what the others said I think, It works normally and okay for me, the water inside doesn't drip everywhere and it glides smoothly. The weight is a little bit heavy but this is not a big problem. I also like the cord, it is quite long.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Thanks for the review Tanya!

KristenK
KristenKsydney

Revising my initial 5/5 down to a 1-2

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Altair
AltairGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slightly let down, cheap & works ok but I wish I've spent another $50 & bought a better iron....

Pros:
- Cheap and it's heated up quick, sprayed fine.
- Alarm/beeping if it's been idle for a while when it's on (which is great feature for me!)

Cons:
- Leaks/drips water during the ironing & idle (Look others have same problem)
- Steam function is not as good as my other iron (Philips)
- Cheap Plastic knob for the water door - break easily.

Not sure if I'll purchase Sunbeam iron in the future - probably just spend
another $50 to get other brand and be more satisfied with it..

Chantal Becker
Chantal BeckerSouth East Queensland, QLD

CHEAPLY MADE

This is the 2nd of these irons I have purchased in the last 12 months, the small plastic knob that locks the water door closed has broken off on BOTH irons, now when ironing I cannot fill past 1/4 full or water leaks out all over the garments. Cheaply made, I won't be buying another, I've learned my lesson.

Irons & Steam Generators

Disappointed - supposed to no drip- drips constantly

Purchased this model to replace my old sunbeam iron. This model drips on my clothes, I first thought it was faulty and returned it to the store. The buttons on the spray and water functions lift off too easily and kept coming off. The replacement one did the same thing.

Raycheller
RaychellerSydney

A disappointment, not good value for money & poor steam function.

Jim
JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Potential Issues?

Hi All, just bought a Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban and from day 1 it makes this "creeking sound" as you glide along the clothes? I have heard similar sounds when using steam irons at hotels and invariably these irons leak water onto the clothes. The Verve has not done so, as yet, however is this sound "normal"? I look forward to advice from Sunbeam.

Christine
Christine

Didn't last 1 month

After 25+ years of happily using a Sunbeam iron a fraying cord was only reason I had to purchase a replacement selecting a Verve 65. The iron heated up well and spray was fine, however it is heavy and the dial is quickly moved from its setting just by handling the iron. The spray filter came off (broken screw) on its third use and as it's under warranty is being returned. I'm replacing it was a different manufacturer - fingers crossed. I cannot believe that Sunbeam has produced such a disappointing iron.

JaejaePerth, WA

Fine at first, but then terrible.

Bought for a reasonable price at Kmart and it worked well for a short while. This iron then began to leak and spit a little.

Now it doesn't heat up, despite the light being 'on'. The heat selection dial seems fine and I can hear the thermostat clicking, but there is absolutely no heat whatsoever. The iron also beeps when it has been sitting without use for a while, so that function also seems fine.

I am very disappointed with this iron. I had my previous Sunbeam iron for close to 20 years. This one lasted just over one year. I don't feel the same way about Sunbeam that I once did.

I think I'll try a different brand of iron now.

Brendan K.SunbeamSend a private message
Jaejae

I have just dug out my receipt and I made an error. I purchased the iron on 15/04/2014, so it is 2 years and 5 months old. As it is past the 2 year warranty, will Sunbeam replace the iron, or should I bin it?

Jaejae

Sunbeam's customer service has been wonderful. A replacement iron has been organised. Thank you Sunbeam!

Audette83
Audette83Biloela

Really disappointed!

After owning a sunbeam vultura 5500 which I absolutely loved, I purchased this one. It's a pretty iron so was so excited to use it. The noise it makes when sucking in the water for the steam was much too loud for me and on the first use, after 15 mins it was sticking to the clothes.. So I took it back. So disappointed as my last iron was so perfect and lasted me 9 years! I purchased a Philips iron today in hopes its a lot better than the verve 65. Wish I had read some reviews before purchasing. Unfortunately I don't think I'll go back to sunbeam.

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews