Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550

1.9

Pinkay

PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good

I always iron my own shirt and this iron all of my shirt really well, it’s easy to use anc it heats up quick. The cord length is quite long, so it is easy to handle and use.

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it is making life easier. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Tanya J.

Tanya J.South East Queensland, QLD

Heat up quick

I just bought this last month and it is still working well. It heats up quick, easy to handle, use and iron every type of clothing. The cord length also fits my arm and the price is not that expensive as well.

Purchased in March 2018.

HI Tanya J,
    Thanks for the great review!

tanya

tanyaSydney, NSW

not too bad

It is not too bad as what the others said I think, It works normally and okay for me, the water inside doesn't drip everywhere and it glides smoothly. The weight is a little bit heavy but this is not a big problem. I also like the cord, it is quite long.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
    Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the review Tanya!

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

KristenK

KristenKsydney

Revising my initial 5/5 down to a 1-2

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
    Altair

AltairMelbourne

Slightly let down, cheap & works ok but I wish I've spent another $50 & bought a better iron....

Pros:
    - Cheap and it's heated up quick, sprayed fine.
    - Alarm/beeping if it's been idle for a while when it's on (which is great feature for me!)

Cons:
    - Leaks/drips water during the ironing & idle (Look others have same problem)
    - Steam function is not as good as my other iron (Philips)
    - Cheap Plastic knob for the water door - break easily.

Not sure if I'll purchase Sunbeam iron in the future - probably just spend
    another $50 to get other brand and be more satisfied with it..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Chantal Becker

Chantal BeckerSouth East Queensland, QLD

CHEAPLY MADE

This is the 2nd of these irons I have purchased in the last 12 months, the small plastic knob that locks the water door closed has broken off on BOTH irons, now when ironing I cannot fill past 1/4 full or water leaks out all over the garments. Cheaply made, I won't be buying another, I've learned my lesson.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Disappointed - supposed to no drip- drips constantly

Purchased this model to replace my old sunbeam iron. This model drips on my clothes, I first thought it was faulty and returned it to the store. The buttons on the spray and water functions lift off too easily and kept coming off. The replacement one did the same thing.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Raycheller

RaychellerSydney

A disappointment, not good value for money & poor steam function.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
    Jim

JimMelbourne

Potential Issues?

Hi All, just bought a Sunbeam Verve 62 Urban and from day 1 it makes this "creeking sound" as you glide along the clothes? I have heard similar sounds when using steam irons at hotels and invariably these irons leak water onto the clothes. The Verve has not done so, as yet, however is this sound "normal"? I look forward to advice from Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Christine

Christine

Didn't last 1 month

After 25+ years of happily using a Sunbeam iron a fraying cord was only reason I had to purchase a replacement selecting a Verve 65. The iron heated up well and spray was fine, however it is heavy and the dial is quickly moved from its setting just by handling the iron. The spray filter came off (broken screw) on its third use and as it's under warranty is being returned. I'm replacing it was a different manufacturer - fingers crossed. I cannot believe that Sunbeam has produced such a disappointing iron.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

JaejaePerth, WA

Fine at first, but then terrible.

Bought for a reasonable price at Kmart and it worked well for a short while. This iron then began to leak and spit a little.

Now it doesn't heat up, despite the light being 'on'. The heat selection dial seems fine and I can hear the thermostat clicking, but there is absolutely no heat whatsoever. The iron also beeps when it has been sitting without use for a while, so that function also seems fine.

I am very disappointed with this iron. I had my previous Sunbeam iron for close to 20 years. This one lasted just over one year. I don't feel the same way about Sunbeam that I once did.

I think I'll try a different brand of iron now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
    Jaejae

I have just dug out my receipt and I made an error. I purchased the iron on 15/04/2014, so it is 2 years and 5 months old. As it is past the 2 year warranty, will Sunbeam replace the iron, or should I bin it?

Jaejae

Sunbeam's customer service has been wonderful. A replacement iron has been organised. Thank you Sunbeam!

Audette83

Audette83Biloela

Really disappointed!

After owning a sunbeam vultura 5500 which I absolutely loved, I purchased this one. It's a pretty iron so was so excited to use it. The noise it makes when sucking in the water for the steam was much too loud for me and on the first use, after 15 mins it was sticking to the clothes.. So I took it back. So disappointed as my last iron was so perfect and lasted me 9 years! I purchased a Philips iron today in hopes its a lot better than the verve 65. Wish I had read some reviews before purchasing. Unfortunately I don't think I'll go back to sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Vicki

VickiPort Adelaide

Initially very happy but didn't last long

I found the iron worked really well and I loved the reminder feature of beeping when I walked away and forgot I had left it on. The iron heated quickly and temperature control worked well. I can't find my receipt but feel that it is only just over 12 months old and now it has died. Surely they should last longer than this?

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great iron

Purchased Verve 65 Platinum today at K-Mart & used first time tonight. That is what I call a steam iron, made ironing my husbands shirt a breeze. Returned my Russell Hobbs iron as steam button kept sticking & hardly any steam. So far so good with this one & nice long cord.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Loyalty to Sunbeam brand exhausted!!

Well I am afraid that I too am very disappointed with this iron. Have always had sunbeam and have always been happy, but not this one I could literally throw it away, yes it leaks all over the place, does not get hot enough and the steam, spray buttons keep falling off. Please renew my faith in (what in mind is) a reliable brand.

Charlotte

CharlotteBundaberg

Do not buy this product

Very disappointed in this product. It leaks water all over our clothes and the buttons for steam & spray are loose and fell out. We pushed them back in but they keep popping out. We only had this iron for a couple of months but need to throw it away. What a waste of money! Our previous Phillips iron lasted many years and we only had to replace it because it fell & broke. We won't be buying a Sunbeam again.

Leaking water constantly

This iron wasn't cheap, I can't remember what I paid but I made sure I bought a decent model. It has constantly leaked water and now leaks so much sometimes the water goes on my hand and is really hot. My mother-in-law won't iron for me anymore ever because of the leaking. Going to have to buy a new one but it can't be a Sunbeam, this is the second leaking iron I've bought.

Graton

Graton

Will never buy a Sunbeam iron again!!!

I have three Sunbeam irons and all constantly leak water (and I cannot find/see where from) which increases my ironing time substantially!

Doesn't Sunbeam have any quality control mechanisms with the manufacturer?

I'll certainly be trying other manufacturers (after I have checked their reviews).

Have always thought Sunbeam was a trusted manufacturer!!

Randall

Randall

Terrible

The buttons for steam brop out. Took it apart to see what was wrong. It is so poorly manufactured it's a wonder it lasted the couple of months that it did last. I have had enough of pushing the buttons back in every 10 minutes. I have always used sunbeam irons but not next time.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam SR6550. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist.

Sunbeam crap 65 platinum

Just purchased this iron yesterday, it is a disgrace. Shot of steam takes time to occur after steam button is pushed, leaks water all the time while ironing and the water filler seal leaks. The buttons and water filler cover look very flimsy. Returned for refund today. No more sunbeam products for me. What happened Sunbeam, is you design engineer Donald Duck? If this is the best you can do maybe you should get your products designed in China along with the manufacturing.

See all Sunbeam Verve Platinum reviews