Sunbeam Verve Platinum

Sunbeam Verve Platinum

SR6250, SR6550, SR6575, SR6585, SR6200 and 5 more

Rubbish, Leaks and burns clothes

Initially it looked good, but then slowly within a few months, it started leaking, burning clothes etc. on high heat. If on low heat, it doesn't iron at all. Even after ironing for 15 minutes it just doesn't get the creases out!

Purchased in January 2019.

Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Hi zooter, maybe there is a problem with the thermostat. Please return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Good

I always iron my own shirt and this iron all of my shirt really well, it’s easy to use anc it heats up quick. The cord length is quite long, so it is easy to handle and use.

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Tom, Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it is making life easier. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Does a good job

I do not usually use iron as I am too lazy for that, but after I bought this iron, my dad has to iron his shirt to go to work!! The iron is not that large so it is quite easy to store, would recommend.

Purchased in September 2018.

Hi jess, Thanks for the great review!

Heat up quick

I just bought this last month and it is still working well. It heats up quick, easy to handle, use and iron every type of clothing. The cord length also fits my arm and the price is not that expensive as well.

Purchased in March 2018.

HI Tanya J, Thanks for the great review!

Sunbeam iron

Decent iron well priced for how it works would recommend but it’s nothing special
Works well on fabrics
Somewhat gentle with delicates
Very satisfied with the steaming aspect of the iron as it works well

Purchased in September 2018 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $69.00.

Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics
Hi Tom, Many thanks for the great review.!

Splashes water everywhere

This iron splashes so much water onto the items that I am ironing I have to hang them up to dry. I think I'll have to put this in the cupboard as a spare and buy another brand. Unlike my earlier iron the Verve 58 does not beep a warning when left on. I wish I had taken note of that brand as it served me well for many years.

Purchased in June 2018 for $108.95.

Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear of your issue with the iron. If you have retained your receipt please return it to the store of purchase.

Good product

Sunbeam is a good company. The iron have been good for last 6 months i just feel it is bit heavy but have been a good product so far.. will recommend the product..!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Komal, Many thanks for the positive feedback!

not too bad

It is not too bad as what the others said I think, It works normally and okay for me, the water inside doesn't drip everywhere and it glides smoothly. The weight is a little bit heavy but this is not a big problem. I also like the cord, it is quite long.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the review Tanya!

Faster ironing

This is an effective iron. It is faster then other irons I’ve had, even on over dry clothes. The iron holds a lot of water for steam ironing, but uses the steam really quickly so I find it needs regular refilling. You can adjust the temperature and the steam levels.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Faster ironing, Thank you reviewing our iron and glad you like it!!!!

One Hot Iron

I’ve had this babe for over nine months and she has been amazing.
The way she glides over you and makes you feel great is second to none.
So if you have an Iron fetish, Verve 65 is your girl, I'm very happy with it's a great iron for the price. Has all the usual features - temp setting, steam and spray, but also has the beeping sound to tell you it's going to turn itself off soon!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hahaha!! Thanks for the great feedback Bethany!

Great Iron best I have ever had

its great works well with the steam and gets creases out beautiflly love the heat deal and it glides well on al lthe different fabrics
I don't know why I havent changed my irons to the new versions it makes life easier I actually like ironing now
it has a good warranty as well and is not heavy

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the great review Lina Kennedy!my pleasure and i am always honest when i do these reviews because I would hate to recommend something that I wouldn't buy myself all good :)That's what we want people to see and we truly value your feedback...

I use this product everyday!

This iron works like a dream! It presses clothes so well, doesn't splatter water all over clean clothes, and cools down quickly! I love that it has the heat sticker, which tells you when the iron is safe to touch anywhere. It also holds a lot of water, which means I am not constantly filling it up!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thanks for the great review Grace!! Glad your enjoying your iron!!

Can't fault it

This iron can be summed as completely average. It heats up to medium in about ten minutes. It effectively sprays steam. The water spray comes out from the front and does what it needs to do. The power cable is braided, and out the box it comes with a small cup for filling the iron with water. The amount of water it holds is sufficient enough for a small family load of clothes. Not incredibly powerful, but for how cheap it is, there's really not much faulting it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Herman, it is an all round great iron for the price and ticks most boxes without going overboard on the spending, I agree. Thanks for posting..

Making ironing easy!!!

I got my sunbeam verve 2 1/2 years ago! Fantastic iron that heats up quickly and irons smooth and removes wrinkles

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Okay, does its job.

I needed an iron but didn't want to spend too much. I bought one of these from Kmart as it was on special. So far I have not had an issue with it. It does what it's designed for. It's not a heavy duty iron so I find for badly creased clothing I need to go over several times to smooth away the creases. A tad annoying but for the price I paid, I certainly cannot complain. I've had mine for just over a year and it still works perfectly.
If you want a cheap iron that does the job, this is a good option.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

This is everything!

I work in hospitality so it is important that my shirts always look neat and not wrinkled, as I am studying I'm always in a rush for work, the sunbeam verve platinum heats up quickly and works amazingly! It leaves my clothes looking great and feeling nice and warm to wear, woild recommend this!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Revising my initial 5/5 down to a 1-2

Update: Firstly, I'm pretty sure we purchased at Myer, not David Jones - sorry for the misleading information.
Secondly, after our initial elation, ours stopped working about 3-4 weeks after my first review - that is, it refused to heat up.

After calling Sunbeam and being told the quickest way forward was to take it back to Myer, that's what I did. The exchange process was simple and relatively quick. I asked the salesperson to turn the replacement iron on to check that it would heat up, which it did very quickly - much more quickly than the one I was replacing initially had. I thought "Hurrah - problem solved!" and set off home.

About 6 weeks in the steam shot reduced to a watery ejection from the base of the iron that soaks the fabric I'm ironing. I've checked that the iron is heated up properly and the settings are correct. This one's going to have to go back. Again :-(. So disappointing.

This is now the fourth consecutive Sunbeam Iron I've had to return in the last 6 months, and I'm sorry to say that my faith in a once very reliable product has now been exhausted. I'm not sure about any current models other than the two I've experienced (2 x Verve 6250; and 2 x Verve 6550..with Choice giving the 6550 a very clean bill of health) but I'm starting to think that the one good 6550 that Sunbeam made was the one tested by Choice, and that the rest of us have the "normal" quality ones. I should have read the rest of the reviews before purchasing, and not held so much in faith.

I've given the iron a "2" two because it does heat and iron well as long as you don't want to use the steam shot (which sadly is never for me, as we don't have any synthetic fibre clothing). If you want to use the extra steam, view the rating as a "1" :-(

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great steam, irons cotton business shirts really well

Fast heat up, great steam generation, removed all wrinkles with ease on cotton business shirts.
Really a pleasure to use. I just returned a Braun iron TexStyle 7 because it shot steam out the front and burnt me and didn't iron properly.
I have had several sunbeams which have been great. I only had to replace my last sunbeam because I dropped it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Button popped out.

The iron was running fine but unfortunately I had the same experience. Button popped out and now it is useless. I had for six months and it can't be fixed. I am really frustrated with this product easy to break down. Definitely I will never buy this brand again. Didn't last long at all

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Waste of money

Had Sunbeam before & was happy so bought this model. The steam button popped out after 18 months sparing use. It is now unusable as water gushed out the bottom at random moments. It felt unsafe to use. It is now out of guarantee period but I will not be buying another Sunbeam iron.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Why when ironing does the alarm start?
Hi CEC, My Verve Alarm does not start when I am using, it starts only if left on and not touched for a minute or more and as soon as you start to use again the Alarm stops.

Does it have a narrow hand grip?
My hands are small and I can easily hold the grip. Standerd gripHi claire2, The circumference of the iron handle (measuring all the way around) is 10 cm which forms a comfortable holding position when ironing. If you require any further information or have any more questions please contact us using the details below. Regards, Sunbeam Customer Service 1300 881 861 customercare@sunbeam.com.auI am an average size woman and find the grip quite comfortable. You may have to try it yourself in the shops. Goodluck !

Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6575Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6585Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6550Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6250Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6500Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6560Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6565Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6580Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6570Sunbeam Verve Platinum SR6200
CategoryIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam GeneratorsIrons & Steam Generators
Water Tank Capacity300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml300ml