Sunbeam Verve Platinum

Sunbeam Verve Platinum

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc...

• Product is used:
    • Weekly (5)
    • Daily (3)
    • Occasionally (1)
  • Safety

Aman

AmanSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Iron

For the price we paid. It’s really good iron to have. Does the job like it’s expected to. Very easy and quick to heat up and easy to navigate through tight screens.

Purchased in January 2020.

fizzwizz

fizzwizzHobart, TAS

Not the usual sunbeam quality

Initially very happy with the iron and have always had sunbeam. After a few months it started leaking and now leaks every time used to the point were there would be 3-4 large leaks on one side of a shirt front. As I sew, quilt and iron most garments, I am using the iron every week. I will return to store of purchase and give sunbeam another chance.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $65.00.

Hello fizzwizz,
Sorry to hear about this, however all our irons come with a 2 year warranty so you can be sure that you are getting what you want, what you expect and plenty of time to test the product too.

juergen

juergenAU

Easy to Use

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer for $69.95.

Hello juergen,
Thank you for your wonderful review and breakdown of pros and cons. I will pass on your feedback to our quality and control team.

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This product is not worth buying.

I purchased one of these irons and within 3 months (1) the clip that closes the water compartment had broken (which resulted in a lot of water dripping onto my clothes while ironing) and (2) the iron soleplate temperature ran hot and cold. I returned the iron to the retailer where I purchased it from who (under warranty) exchanged the iron with the same product. Around 3 months later the clip has not broken but the iron soleplate is now running hot and cold. Rather than take the iron back to the retailer for another exchange iron I have placed it into the bin and have purchased another brand of iron.
MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN...!

Purchased in October 2018 for $69.00.

NikC

NikCSydney, NSW

Brilliant iron

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $69.00.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review NikC!!

James Creese

James CreeseHobart, TAS

Disappointed

Bought this iron to replace my old trusty Sunbeam. Almost from first day leaked and splashed water from the poorly designed water cap. Iron was returned several months after purchase and replaced with same model. Started out OK but now new one sprinkles water everwhere and now the auto steam doesn't work making business shirts look less than business. Won't go back for a 3rd bite.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $139.00.

zooter

zooterMelbourne

Rubbish, Leaks and burns clothes

Initially it looked good, but then slowly within a few months, it started leaking, burning clothes etc. on high heat. If on low heat, it doesn't iron at all. Even after ironing for 15 minutes it just doesn't get the creases out!

Purchased in January 2019.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim, Silk, Synthetics and Wool
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi zooter, maybe there is a problem with the thermostat. Please return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Pinkay

PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good

I always iron my own shirt and this iron all of my shirt really well, it’s easy to use anc it heats up quick. The cord length is quite long, so it is easy to handle and use.

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it is making life easier. Kind regards, Sunbeam

jess

jessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does a good job

I do not usually use iron as I am too lazy for that, but after I bought this iron, my dad has to iron his shirt to go to work!! The iron is not that large so it is quite easy to store, would recommend.

Purchased in September 2018.

Hi jess,
Thanks for the great review!

Tanya J.

Tanya J.South East Queensland, QLD

Heat up quick

I just bought this last month and it is still working well. It heats up quick, easy to handle, use and iron every type of clothing. The cord length also fits my arm and the price is not that expensive as well.

Purchased in March 2018.

HI Tanya J,
Thanks for the great review!

Tom

Tom

Sunbeam iron

Decent iron well priced for how it works would recommend but it’s nothing special
Works well on fabrics
Somewhat gentle with delicates
Very satisfied with the steaming aspect of the iron as it works well

Purchased in September 2018 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $69.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

Hi Tom,
Many thanks for the great review.!

Splashes water everywhere

This iron splashes so much water onto the items that I am ironing I have to hang them up to dry. I think I'll have to put this in the cupboard as a spare and buy another brand. Unlike my earlier iron the Verve 58 does not beep a warning when left on. I wish I had taken note of that brand as it served me well for many years.

Purchased in June 2018 for $108.95.

Hi Dave,
Sorry to hear of your issue with the iron. If you have retained your receipt please return it to the store of purchase.

Komal

KomalSydney

Good product

Sunbeam is a good company. The iron have been good for last 6 months i just feel it is bit heavy but have been a good product so far.. will recommend the product..!!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Komal, Many thanks for the positive feedback!

tanya

tanyaSydney, NSW

not too bad

It is not too bad as what the others said I think, It works normally and okay for me, the water inside doesn't drip everywhere and it glides smoothly. The weight is a little bit heavy but this is not a big problem. I also like the cord, it is quite long.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the review Tanya!

Kaz

KazSydney

Faster ironing

This is an effective iron. It is faster then other irons I’ve had, even on over dry clothes. The iron holds a lot of water for steam ironing, but uses the steam really quickly so I find it needs regular refilling. You can adjust the temperature and the steam levels.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Hi Faster ironing,
Thank you reviewing our iron and glad you like it!!!!

Bethany

BethanyMILDURA SOUTH

One Hot Iron

I’ve had this babe for over nine months and she has been amazing.
The way she glides over you and makes you feel great is second to none.
So if you have an Iron fetish, Verve 65 is your girl, I'm very happy with it's a great iron for the price. Has all the usual features - temp setting, steam and spray, but also has the beeping sound to tell you it's going to turn itself off soon!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hahaha!! Thanks for the great feedback Bethany!

Great Iron best I have ever had

its great works well with the steam and gets creases out beautiflly love the heat deal and it glides well on al lthe different fabrics
I don't know why I havent changed my irons to the new versions it makes life easier I actually like ironing now
it has a good warranty as well and is not heavy

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Lina Kennedy!

Lina Kennedy

my pleasure and i am always honest when i do these reviews because I would hate to recommend something that I wouldn't buy myself all good :)

Customer C.Sunbeam

That's what we want people to see and we truly value your feedback...

Grace

Grace

I use this product everyday!

This iron works like a dream! It presses clothes so well, doesn't splatter water all over clean clothes, and cools down quickly! I love that it has the heat sticker, which tells you when the iron is safe to touch anywhere. It also holds a lot of water, which means I am not constantly filling it up!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Grace!! Glad your enjoying your iron!!

Herman

HermanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can't fault it

This iron can be summed as completely average. It heats up to medium in about ten minutes. It effectively sprays steam. The water spray comes out from the front and does what it needs to do. The power cable is braided, and out the box it comes with a small cup for filling the iron with water. The amount of water it holds is sufficient enough for a small family load of clothes. Not incredibly powerful, but for how cheap it is, there's really not much faulting it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Herman, it is an all round great iron for the price and ticks most boxes without going overboard on the spending, I agree. Thanks for posting..

Amiee

AmieeBrisbane

Making ironing easy!!!

I got my sunbeam verve 2 1/2 years ago! Fantastic iron that heats up quickly and irons smooth and removes wrinkles

Date PurchasedMay 2017