Sunbeam Verve Platinum

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc...
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Product is used
  • Safety

Disappointed with Sunbeam Verve SR6550

I bought the new Verve SR6550 iron about 3-4 weeks ago and used it on my next ironing day. Read the instructions and how the iron worked. Couldn't stand the continual beeping for whatever was upsetting it. 2nd week: tried again to use the iron. It beeped after about 5-10 seconds having stood it on its heel. (need to stop ironing to straighten the clothes). Then it got upset again - more beeping - couldn't work out what the problem was. I shall return this to the store when I'm next in that town. After 50+ years of ironing I should know basic safety and how to use an iron! I shall go back to my non-digital steam iron which still does a good job. It's also a bit heavy.

Purchased in February 2021.

Product is used Weekly
DeeBee
DeeBee

Has never really worked properly

Has never really worked properly. The steam generally doesn't work when ironing, and it spits water if you press the shot of steam (either while ironing or standing). This is not related to temperature of the iron- it does it even on linen setting and when it is indicating it is up to temperature. The only reason I didn't return for a refund is that I bought online during lockdown and it was just too hard to return at that time, but am now wishing I had gone to the effort to do that as I get frustrated every time I use it- which is often as I sew regularly. Don't waste your money on this one, a cheap kmart number would perform better

Purchased in April 2020 at Myer for $69.00.

Hilary W.Northeast, VIC

not happy

I purchased this iron recently. This iron is difficult to use as the dial is not easy to understand and difficult to see the markings. It often wont turn on even tho the on light illuminates but the temp light does not turn on. The steam does not come out unless the steam spray or shot is pressed.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Hilary W.

Just an update. The iron had several faults and was replaced by Good Guys. I am very happy with the replacement.

Best iron ever

I've never damaged any fabric with this iron its perfect for low heat delicates and the steaming of garments is perfect particularly for sensitive garments and tough materials such as heavy denims

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online.

Hello Jen,
Glad to hear you've found your perfect iron.

Jen

I'm glad I found it too as I take in ironing for other people !! Its the best !!!

Michael Doulton
Michael DoultonSydney, NSW

What a difference

Thanks Sunbeam. We were very unhappy with the Sunbeam Alpha SR 6350 but Sunbeam took it back for a full refund and we bought the Verve Platinum instead which irons brilliantly and is so much easier to use.

Purchased in April 2020 at Myer Online Store for $69.00.

Hello Michael Doulton,
Glad to hear your loving your replacement !

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Fabius
FabiusSydney, NSW

Good but not excellent

The iron working good but it breaks easily.
I've changed two times: the first time the iron plate was ruined immediately, and the second time it stops to work the steam.

Ken Singh
Ken Singh

Perfect Item

I'm very with my purchase. Good value for money. Good product for ironing all type of clothes. It has good function for steam ironing. I recommend to buy the same.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $57.00.

Thanks Ken Singh

Aman
AmanSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Iron

For the price we paid. It’s really good iron to have. Does the job like it’s expected to. Very easy and quick to heat up and easy to navigate through tight screens.

Purchased in January 2020.

Hi Aman,
Thank you for your great feedback!

fizzwizz
fizzwizzHobart, TAS

Not the usual sunbeam quality

Initially very happy with the iron and have always had sunbeam. After a few months it started leaking and now leaks every time used to the point were there would be 3-4 large leaks on one side of a shirt front. As I sew, quilt and iron most garments, I am using the iron every week. I will return to store of purchase and give sunbeam another chance.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $65.00.

Hello fizzwizz,
Sorry to hear about this, however all our irons come with a 2 year warranty so you can be sure that you are getting what you want, what you expect and plenty of time to test the product too.

juergen
juergenAU

Easy to Use

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer for $69.95.

Hello juergen,
Thank you for your wonderful review and breakdown of pros and cons. I will pass on your feedback to our quality and control team.

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This product is not worth buying.

I purchased one of these irons and within 3 months (1) the clip that closes the water compartment had broken (which resulted in a lot of water dripping onto my clothes while ironing) and (2) the iron soleplate temperature ran hot and cold. I returned the iron to the retailer where I purchased it from who (under warranty) exchanged the iron with the same product. Around 3 months later the clip has not broken but the iron soleplate is now running hot and cold. Rather than take the iron back to the retailer for another exchange iron I have placed it into the bin and have purchased another brand of iron.
MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN...!

Purchased in October 2018 for $69.00.

Nik C.
Nik C.Sydney, NSW

Brilliant iron

Purchased in October 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $69.00.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review NikC!!

James Creese
James CreeseHobart, TAS

Disappointed

Bought this iron to replace my old trusty Sunbeam. Almost from first day leaked and splashed water from the poorly designed water cap. Iron was returned several months after purchase and replaced with same model. Started out OK but now new one sprinkles water everwhere and now the auto steam doesn't work making business shirts look less than business. Won't go back for a 3rd bite.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $139.00.

zooter
zooterMelbourne

Rubbish, Leaks and burns clothes

Initially it looked good, but then slowly within a few months, it started leaking, burning clothes etc. on high heat. If on low heat, it doesn't iron at all. Even after ironing for 15 minutes it just doesn't get the creases out!

Purchased in January 2019.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi zooter, maybe there is a problem with the thermostat. Please return to store or give us a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Pinkay
PinkayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good

I always iron my own shirt and this iron all of my shirt really well, it’s easy to use anc it heats up quick. The cord length is quite long, so it is easy to handle and use.

Purchased in June 2018.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it is making life easier. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Read more reviews - page 2