Sunbeam Verve Platinum

SR6250, SR6550, SR6585, etc... (See All)
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Product is used
  • Safety

Rainey
RaineyOxley 2903, ACT

Disappointed

Always used Sunbeam but this is the worst ever. On highest cotton setting, have to use spray to try and iron creases out. Spray/steam button very hard to push. Very disappointed.

Purchased for $79.

Angie41
Angie41BRISBANE

Lasted a week

At first it heated up quickly and worked fine. After a week it is going into auto shut off after around 30 seconds regardless if it’s standing, laying down or being used. Very disappointing product from sunbeam!

marisa r.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Sunbeam iron I have owned in my 70 years

Leaves water splodges on the clothes even if water tank is half filled.
Very hard to get the dial on the right temperature and can't seem to set the steam dial correctly.
Hate hate hate this iron and very disappointed in Sunbeam.

Purchased in for $79.

marisa r.

Thank you Sunbeam for my replacement iron and your prompt attention to my complaint. I am so much happier now that I have a proper working iron.

Does not work

This is the first product I've ever bought that does not work out the box. Bought this iron 2 days ago and did the first water clean. Today I turned it on for the first time and the beeping started within 5-10 seconds. The temperature is intermittent, and not able to iron a t-shirt when on hottest setting. Tonight I tried again and same beeping. Put the iron down flat to iron, did two strokes and the beeping started again. And water was dripping down from the holes in the plate. I didn't check the reviews because I've bought sunbeam for 30 years. Don't waste your time in this product.

• Product is used Daily
  • Clothing Material Cotton

Disappointed with Sunbeam Verve SR6550

I bought the new Verve SR6550 iron about 3-4 weeks ago and used it on my next ironing day. Read the instructions and how the iron worked. Couldn't stand the continual beeping for whatever was upsetting it. 2nd week: tried again to use the iron. It beeped after about 5-10 seconds having stood it on its heel. (need to stop ironing to straighten the clothes). Then it got upset again - more beeping - couldn't work out what the problem was. I shall return this to the store when I'm next in that town. After 50+ years of ironing I should know basic safety and how to use an iron! I shall go back to my non-digital steam iron which still does a good job. It's also a bit heavy.

• Product is used Weekly
DeeBee
DeeBee

Has never really worked properly

Has never really worked properly. The steam generally doesn't work when ironing, and it spits water if you press the shot of steam (either while ironing or standing). This is not related to temperature of the iron- it does it even on linen setting and when it is indicating it is up to temperature. The only reason I didn't return for a refund is that I bought online during lockdown and it was just too hard to return at that time, but am now wishing I had gone to the effort to do that as I get frustrated every time I use it- which is often as I sew regularly. Don't waste your money on this one, a cheap kmart number would perform better

Purchased in at Myer for $69.

Hilary W.Northeast, VIC

not happy

I purchased this iron recently. This iron is difficult to use as the dial is not easy to understand and difficult to see the markings. It often wont turn on even tho the on light illuminates but the temp light does not turn on. The steam does not come out unless the steam spray or shot is pressed.

Purchased in at The Good Guys.

Hilary W.

Just an update. The iron had several faults and was replaced by Good Guys. I am very happy with the replacement.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022

Best iron ever

I've never damaged any fabric with this iron its perfect for low heat delicates and the steaming of garments is perfect particularly for sensitive garments and tough materials such as heavy denims

Purchased in at Appliances Online.

Hello Jen,
Glad to hear you've found your perfect iron.

Jen

I'm glad I found it too as I take in ironing for other people !! Its the best !!!

Michael Doulton
Michael DoultonSydney, NSW

What a difference

Thanks Sunbeam. We were very unhappy with the Sunbeam Alpha SR 6350 but Sunbeam took it back for a full refund and we bought the Verve Platinum instead which irons brilliantly and is so much easier to use.

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $69.

Hello Michael Doulton,
Glad to hear your loving your replacement !

Fabius
FabiusSydney, NSW

Good but not excellent

The iron working good but it breaks easily.
I've changed two times: the first time the iron plate was ruined immediately, and the second time it stops to work the steam.

Ken Singh
Ken Singh

Perfect Item

I'm very with my purchase. Good value for money. Good product for ironing all type of clothes. It has good function for steam ironing. I recommend to buy the same.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $57.

Thanks Ken Singh

Aman
AmanSydney, NSW

Sunbeam Iron

For the price we paid. It’s really good iron to have. Does the job like it’s expected to. Very easy and quick to heat up and easy to navigate through tight screens.

Hi Aman,
Thank you for your great feedback!

fizzwizz
fizzwizzHobart, TAS

Not the usual sunbeam quality

Initially very happy with the iron and have always had sunbeam. After a few months it started leaking and now leaks every time used to the point were there would be 3-4 large leaks on one side of a shirt front. As I sew, quilt and iron most garments, I am using the iron every week. I will return to store of purchase and give sunbeam another chance.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $65.

Hello fizzwizz,
Sorry to hear about this, however all our irons come with a 2 year warranty so you can be sure that you are getting what you want, what you expect and plenty of time to test the product too.

juergen
juergenAU

Easy to Use

Purchased in at Myer for $69.95.

Hello juergen,
Thank you for your wonderful review and breakdown of pros and cons. I will pass on your feedback to our quality and control team.

IanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This product is not worth buying.

I purchased one of these irons and within 3 months (1) the clip that closes the water compartment had broken (which resulted in a lot of water dripping onto my clothes while ironing) and (2) the iron soleplate temperature ran hot and cold. I returned the iron to the retailer where I purchased it from who (under warranty) exchanged the iron with the same product. Around 3 months later the clip has not broken but the iron soleplate is now running hot and cold. Rather than take the iron back to the retailer for another exchange iron I have placed it into the bin and have purchased another brand of iron.
MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN...!