Suncorp

Suncorp - Not A Real Bank

Suncorp - Not A Real Bank
Your CEO needs to resign, now!
When an organization doesn’t care about their core business and functions that’s when the CEO should give up and resign and let someone else do a better job.

I tried to open accounts with Suncorp both Business and Personal. They failed at the basics.

Managed to get the accounts opened eventually after a lot of pushing to get things resolved but two issues still remain and they just couldn’t care less. I’ve actually got a feeling that they don’t know how to fix the issues and their systems are so bad that they either can’t fix it or don’t know how.

If your Business relies on Banking then you will want to steer well clear of Suncorp.

Somehow their system wasn’t smart enough to link my details to an existing profile so it created a new profile.
After a lengthy and involved period of not being able to access the accounts while they merged the profiles, I could finally see my Internet Banking. The accounts were there but the cards linked don’t show up in Internet Banking.
That means I can’t see the cards, I can’t change the pin and in fact I don’t have a PIN number so I can’t purchase more than $100 and can only use Tap and Pay for purchases under $100.

I have sent secure message galore and you will get a response mainly along the lines of “We’re very sorry that you experienced…
We’re very sorry to hear that…. We’re very sorry that happened… but guess what it will never ever get fixed but at least their very sorry.

Rang the call centre and spoke to Andrew he was pretty awesome at doing nothing and sounded like he really didn’t want to be there, don’t blame you Andrew.

Rochelle replies to the secure messages and just tells me that you have to follow their outdated processes to get something done. So, when you request to close accounts the response is “No you can’t do that unless you do this, this and this or we’re not doing it.

So, if you’re expecting them to action your requests when you
Want them actioned, boy are you in for a big surprise. You will have no control over your banking, I mean it!

I’ve given up on trying to get them to fix the Banking App that has never worked and I’m on my way out with Suncorp anyway so I suppose I can tick that one off.

Don’t complain to Customer Relations because they’re not real. I sent a long complaint to Customer Relations and they just flicked it to the area that seemed like they could fix it, I even got a call from their I.T. saying that they are going to look into it because it’s probably an issue for other customers not just me.
It’s been weeks now and not heard back so I imagine those other customers are probably getting screwed as well.

If you hate your Bank at the moment you going to really hate Suncorp. If your thinking of switching unfortunately your better off looking at the Big 4. The Big 4 will at least eventually fix things and they are far from a desirable option but You will seriously regret going with Suncorp.

I didn’t read the reviews on productreview.com.au and regret that now because it is full of Suncorp failures and recent ones. Going to always check first before engaging with any company for products and services.

I asked to have my complaint escalated to a Manager, nope. I don’t get promised call backs, ever, not one. I don’t get anything done, like any requests you make just get put back on you somehow and it’s their processes and systems that you certainly don’t have access to.
Hell I don’t even have proper access to my own accounts.

Seriously read the reviews because people have already been through and are still going through the pain of Suncorp’s failing Banking System, their failing processes and in particular their failing staff attitudes.

The failure starts at top where the CEO has staff that lie, can’t be bothered, don’t care and even their customer relations are probably Fake News as well.
I’ve never heard from them and I’m been complaining don’t worry about that.

Banking is too important to trust to a company like Suncorp, ten years ago they left me stranded in Singapore with no money when they screwed up my accounts back then. I thought I would try them again after all this time and they still Fail miserably at what they do after all this time.

When a company just doesn’t reply that when you know they are in trouble.

I hope this helps anyone deciding but if you do have a problem which is highly likely then you know what to expect, if you Banking is Important then have an alternate solution or backup in place, you'll need it.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and New Account

Pensioners beware

Had to deal with the death of my father and just found out that they will not release HIS money without probate after speaking with solicitor this will be an extra $9300 to get probate this is the only thing that holds this will up. I suggest that ALL older Australians remove there funds over the $50000 threshold I will close my other accounts TODAY suggest you all do the same

Ripped off

After many years having two cars comprehensively insured with Suncorp I had a minor accident in my car causing my engine to fail. The first two ladies I talked to on the phone told me I was covered so that made me feel relieved. After 10 days of waiting I hear back from Suncorp telling me to come and pick your car up with a tow truck it’s not covered, it is just general wear and tear. They reviewed my car by putting a mirror down a spark plug hole to determine this. I eventually got my car back home and removed the cylinder heads myself to find everything in perfect condition accept the two broken valves that got held open by the impact my car had underneath. I now have a car that I have to fix myself with a front bumper that has to be reconnected and may have underplaying damage under the car that I won’t know until I get it back up and running. On top of this my wife is heavily pregnant and experienced pneomonia since this happened and my only other car is very expensive to run and am going back and forth to the hospital half an hour away on a regular basis. The most disappointing thing to me as a customer is they would have spent less than half an hour reviewing my car to tell me to go away.

Terrible customer service

I was charged 40% of oversea transition fee when I do international money transer, but in their " Schedule of fee and charges for other personal account" has state very clear that the fee is $2.50, it is completely misleading and unacceptable. When I made a compliant on line and waited 4 business day still couldn't get this issue solve or reply.

Completely Full of Talk !!

Suncorp sounded positive on the phone. Our business waa left in limbo waiting for a loan to expand. After multiple attempts to check the progress of our loan they fed us excuses like
1. I was on holiday
2. I was sick
3. Completely Ignoring!!

The least they could do is respond with an answer after over 1 month of waiting and struggling from day to day time grow and fit our business in the small space. They literally do not care that our business, Staff and customers all depend on our growth!

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Closure of Branches

As a Suncorp Bank customer for 30 years (I joined when it was a Building Society) I always had excellent service at the Cleveland Branch - the staff were always friendly, courteous and helpful and any minor problems over the years were dealt with expeditiously. The Branch was always busy and catered for a lot of elderly customers, some who used disability aids. As well as bank accounts, I also have house, contents and car insurance with Suncorp. I was so disappointed when the Cleveland Branch closed and wonder how some of the elderly customers are now getting on. The Capalaba Branch is not large enough to accommodate the extra workload, particularly as the Wynnum Branch has also closed. Please re-open some branches.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

If only they had decimal points for this rating system, we're talking .01 of a star

Context; we're customers for more than a decade, spanning several high value loans all paid out early, we felt the itch to take on another project, put forward our requirements, were pre-approved and that expired (property failed inspection), went in for another pre-approval and the initial review was very positive, then the we hit a gun-ho pencil pusher who coughed up every roadblock going - easily five hours we won't be getting back and burned so much time we missed the auction, to be approved after the fact by their competitor, can't say it was a life lesson, but they won't value your business, they used to be great, now not so.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Unsafe and heartless

I had money stolen out of my account twice, called to try and rectify it and both times they said they would charge me to "try" and get my money back.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

I don't know how they exist with this level of service

Been with the bank for 4 years through a broker. When I wanted a bank statement they couldn't provide one for 3 weeks.

Call waiting times are atleast an hour and then they put you through and hang up after 20mins

When it came to moving my home loans I had to spend ring them atleast 6 times and still can't get through to the right team. Either they make you wait till 5pm and then hang up.

Save your money and time.. and go to a bank that has got more customer service.

Arrogant and no service

Been a customer for 20 yrs and applied for a very small credit card.
I earn good money and they see my wages going into the account every week.
Long story short, told 5 days for application to process....1 month later I had to ring only to be told the application declined!
Taking my business elsewhere.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Great customer service, very convenient

Lost a debit card and had a replacement sent which went straight into my Apple Pay within minutes of calling up and reporting the lost card. Seriously such good service! Thanks Bernadette for being so awesome!

Utter Disgrace

Having been with Suncorp over many years I could not say a bad word. I have everything with them. Banking, home loan, car insurance x 2, house and contents insurance, income protection insurance the lot. Never thought of going anywhere else until today. Today I wanted a small loan for window shutters and patio screening. Have a very small mortgage, income of $75k and massive home equity. But didn’t get to first base. The Lending Manager at Robina was rude, condescending and had no knowledge of how PAYG statements are now produced direct to ATO. We were even told “one of you needs to pay attention”, that she required three quotes, that she would check bank statement re groceries to ensure the truth was told. Unbelievable. Found out from head office only one quote required. Made formal complaint about this woman. Now moving everything over to CBA. Never ever been treated so rudely and badly. Suncorp advertise their home loans while having people like her chase existing old customers away. Bye bye. Never again. My other left there in tears.

Amazing Customer Service

Amazing customer service from a lovely lady by the name of Casey! She helped me to cancel my policy, and helped give me a fair understanding to insurance and how it works, due to me not being insurance savy. Not only that she made great conversation and was very professional at the same time. Couldn't be anymore happier with how she dealt with my enquiry.

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service over the phone this afternoon from supervisor over the phone
Hannah Blinkhorn. Her ideas of helping someone over the phone is to hang up and call you back in a hours time.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

SO BAD!!! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHATSOEVER

Even 1 star is too generous!! Suncorp is a joke - brokers don’t receive any communication from their staff. New CEO appears to have had no impact on improving their service delivery. It’s a complete run around from day 1 and just gets worse with complete disregard for timeframes or customer service. I’d love to see even a reply to this review from Suncorp!

Review TypeLoan Application

Cannot accept coin donations unless you are a customer

I have collected money for a charity at a morning tea. Suncorp have a policy of not accepting coin deposits unless you are a customer. This is despite there being a coin deposit machine in store. I have not had an issue with any other bank brands accepting coin donations for other charities, even if I don't have an account with them. I recommend the charity opens up an account elsewhere.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

All about $, not about the customer

If considering a bank for a mortgage, I would strongly suggest you steer clear! There is no apparent interest in customer service or relations.
- loan approval time was too long and approval was received inside 24 hours of the finance deadline in my contract.
- enquiries are not responded to promptly or even within the 2-3 business days they promise. When you do get a response they are bureaucratic and make no effort to resolve the issue or see things from a customer perspective.
- reductions to interest rates are only passed on in part, but no reduction to repayments is made because of a bank policy to withhold repayment reductions that are less than $50.
- electronically submitted service requests receive unhelpful paper responses by post.

Given the competition in the banking sector these days, this kind of lack of service seems pretty odd. Definitely consider a different bank for your mortgage, I will be next time!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Fraudulent or are they just incompetent

I have a cheque account and a savings account. I have a sweep in place that if a direct debit comes into my cheque account and there isn’t sufficient funds then they sweep the money from my savings account.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I had 10 times more money than needed in my savings account than I needed for the direct debit, I had already overpaid my mortgage by 2 years of payments and they still decided to charge me a non-payment fee.

I complained and they said that the sweep doesn’t work unless you have no money in the cheque account and therefore they were correct in changing me.

I can’t decide if this is just plain stupid, or considered fraudulent or their systems just don’t work.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Only one branch in Perth, and not answering the phones.

I have tried calling twice recently, the first time I was put on hold for 30mins, I hung up in the end. And just now I called, got a call back after 40mins, when my phone finally rang I picked up and was put back on hold again, unbelievable. And only one branch in WA. Not a happy customer.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

AVOID! The worst home loan experience of my life.

Please avoid this disgusting bank.
We have been with Suncorp for 3 years for a home loan.
In that time we have experienced significant rate increases 4 times without any notice and without a change in the RBA cash rate.
They have a single contact number which takes hours to get in contact with them, they are always "experiencing a peak in call volumes"
We are currently attempting to have a mortgage discharged for settlement on a property sale. They have had the discharge request for over a month and have failed to action it until it was a day too late to meet our settlement date.
Hands down the worst service I have ever received from a bank.
I can not think of a way that this bank could have performed more poorly.