Suncorp

adzza

adzzaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Constant calls regarding a late payment and questioned on personal questions why payment was late. Never again

TopicCredit Card Application

Slow, would not go to this bank - car loan application

Once I had submitted all requested documents it took Suncorp two weeks to get back to me regarding my applicat. Their reply was a request for more documents for an account I don't even have? They also requested sooo much information, much more than I have ever been asked for by a bank. The whole application process was quite lengthy and complicated, even for someone like me with no existing debt, good employment history and income.

I ended up going through another bank and was approved no problem with the whole process taking under a week, well before I had even heard back from Suncorp.

Disappointing to provide so much of your personal information and time to a business for them to not take it seriously.

Cole S.

Cole S.South East Queensland, QLD

Home loans

It takes 5-6 weeks for a home loan thru Suncorp. Made a phonecall to Commonwealth Bank. 1- 2 weeks. Why are we still waiting. Steve Johnston call me before I escalate this to media. By the way were we offered a reward for submitting this review. Should be. I did not want to give any stars but had to give one to post this review.

SLJ

Update on review about not answering calls

Went to caloundra branch and they were very helpful. So even though I am still disappointed with the non answering of phone calls from the 1300 number and the fact that I had to drive a long way to a branch to get help, the caloundra branch did make time for us.

Will not answer phones

HollyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Time to shop around.

We have 2 homeloans, life insurance and home and contents ins with you... we have called three times for a mobile lender to visit us since you closed our branch - promised twice and that was 5 weeks ago. We have capacity but you obviously dont want anymore business. We have an appointment with a different bank next week. How disappointing.

Scott MSunshine Coast

Suncorp getting too big (for their boots)??

I've been with Suncorp for years, both banking & insurance. They are slowly becoming GRUBS like the other big banks. Branches closing, overseas call centres on weekends (no doubt full time before too long), more fees creeping in. Disappointing when I left The Commonwealth Bank years ago to escape their rubbish only for Suncrap to become the same!!!

Sara

SaraQueensland

Chargeback

I asked for a chargeback, as made transactions to scam website via PayPal. PayPal refused to help, so I asked Suncorp to step up. I got my refund and can not be happier...I am Suncorp client for a long time now and very happy with the customer protection policies...

AAA

Suncorp must close down pay out and get out of this business 297 Negative reviews is like Ebola. Plague.

Accurate facts I tried 15 calls so far. The Answer machine says they are trying to phone me. Then it hangs up landline number in their OFFICE> so how do you contact them. Manager leaves another similar message and never rings back. They still block my accounts being viewed until I go into the CITY.
The ONLY STORE not a bank anymore? a STORE.
as a disabled person with damaged leg this is not easy...
In UK when they stuff up they compensate you with payments to show their goodwill. Need it here BADLY.
297 clients might feel a bit better

TopicNew Account
Lori

LoriNorth Queensland, QLD

Business Loan

Was told after 4 month that I would received X amount at the end of that they gave me 25K less and offered a credit card for the balance. Not Trustworthy

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

Terrible Worst Bank Ever But For So Many Reasons

11 phonecalIs. I did what they asked me but like drawing blood out of a stone. I wanted to put a large amount of money INTO the bank to invest. Seems the only competent person in Adelaide branch is [name removed]..
The rest say do this ... or do not know what you should do ... as have not been trained to process a bank transfer. etc etc stress induced by these clowns. They are unable to accept money into a new account and then let you see if the money has been correctly transferred. Hopeless. Ask me to verify ID and then change track after I have wasted 4 hours of my time. They can all resign and help the banking industry. Rude and in my humble opinion a bunch of incompetents.

TopicNew Account

ben C.

ben C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of time

My partner decide to get finance through Suncorp on the basis of low interest rate. She had pre approval and wait the Max of 7 days, being in contact daily. On the 8th day she was told I would have to be in the loan also as she hadn't earnt enough that year. My partner was on maternity leave until 5 months ago and they could clearly see that in the bank statements. We both earn good money so it was entirely based on that alone.
We could have even accepted that answer had they not wasted our time in waiting and with all the calls and emails.

Olin

OlinRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Home Loan Application - Very Poor, and not accurate

We applied for a Suncorp home loan through a broker, Suncorp held our application for literally 3 weeks. Always asking for more information, every few days. We eventually said we wanted an answer by C.O.B and we got denied. Very miss leading as we had enough capital and enough to service the loan but apparently not by Suncorps words. Even know that we have had home loans in the past. I will take my business elsewhere and spreading the word about the appalling process that has been taken place. The funny thing is my sister is with Suncorp as well and literally the other day she was talking about refinancing, I guess I will be advising her of other options that are more competitive.

Disgusting service

Their quality of service is very low, disgusting really. I have been sitting for an hour or more to be served and 4 people have gone past me. No one even noticed me or no one approached me and tried and help. My experience with this bank is dissapointing.

Jenni

JenniSydney, NSW

Home loan application

Worst bank ever. Wanted to refinance as suncorp had a better rate. Was declined because I was told that I needed to earn as much as I was borrowing. Applied for an 150k loan. Was told. I needed to earn 150k. Though I was had an combined income at the time of 138k. What an joke. I recommend to stay away from Suncorp. Was glad I was declined then because if you can get the application right. Who knows what else wou'd have been stuffed up.

wayne r.

wayne r.South East Queensland, QLD

Slow customer service .no answer

Every time I call customer service, I have to wait up to an hour...never gets any better. It's a really bad service..not worth being part of a bank like this.

Heath

HeathGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible systems and Oversight at every level

TopicBusiness Banking, Loan Application and New Account

James

JamesFar North Queensland, QLD

Insurance claim

Their ad claims to understand Queenslanders. I call bs on this I have never been treated so badly. I have been passed around like the Suncorp Bong from person to person.

November 1st 2019 Update: Worst company to deal with

Will do anything to get out of a claim. Spent 6 months getting passed around to different people to be told they have lost all previous documents. Have been a loyal customer for over 23 years. Happy to leave took home and contents and three cars to another company they didn't even care.

Michael P.

Michael P.South East Queensland, QLD

SHOCKING CLIENT SERVICE

Glenn

GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

AVOID, Horrendous Customer Service

I have been with Suncorp for over 25 years when it was Metway. Due to constantly mucking up our loans, bank accounts, insurance etc we finally left, leaving all but 1 loan with them as it was more costly to move it. We were making a minor change to it Monday, its still not done, the promised call back has not occurred. During this time we got a call trying to flog products, that person said they would fix it straight away and email to confirm. Nope, not done, of course. They have a massive ongoing cultural issue with many many CEOs and no focus on customers at all. Old customers mean nothing. No loyalty. It never changes.

David O'Donnell

David O'Donnellasked

How do I transfer money from my Suncorp account to a Commonwealth bank account same day?

Holly

If you transfer early in the morning it may be in your Commbank by the late evening, but there are no guarantees, and it also depends on the amount too, if it is a large amount it will take over night (just not on the weekends).

fred f

Have you thought of asking them rather than the public?

Rachie A.

Rachie A.asked

How longs does it take to receive money from suncorp to nab first time

Ask the bank obviously

Dee R.
Dee R.

Too long. It's obvious the bank is going under very soon and loads of people are going to lose their funds

Garyasked

Why has Suncorp closed most of its branches and the few that are left are located in busy crowded shopping centres that are hard to park at and very long wait times. Not everyone has the means to travel many suburbs away, walk a long distance and stand in a long queue just to do their banking?

Ask the bank obviously

Scott M

Because they are slowly becoming GRUBS like the other big banks. Branches closing, overseas call centres on weekends (no doubt full time before too long), more fees creeping in. Disappointing when I left The Commonwealth Bank years ago to escape their rubbish only for Suncrap to become the same!!!

Gary

I'm in the same boat. I too left CBA after many years as a loyal customer and went to Suncorp thinking they were a decent bank - and at that time they were

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives