Suncorp

• Topics
    • General Transactions (34)
    • Loan Application (27)
    • Business Banking (9)
    • New Account (8)
    • Credit Card Application (4)
    • ATM Experience (3)

Deanne

Deanne

Worst bank to sign up to

Sign up online in December 2019, got heaps of email and texts offers....but no bank card or letter of welcome. I rang in January to ask what's going on 30 minutes later he said it will be sent and should have it in 5 business days. Now in February rang again and she said that it couldn't be sent due to I'd needs to be confirm. What a joke!! Told her to close the account then, she said she couldn't do it and I need to wait 130 days without touching the account.

TopicNew Account

s.ambro

s.ambroWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Choose wisely when choosing a bank to develop a relationship with! Or it'll come back to bite you

H.Parai

H.ParaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 apps

Little did I know there are two apps. The one I used for fast osko payments was not fast but took longer than a day. Spoke to customer services, she looked up my transfer and my account and said ANZ should have received it immediately. Rubbish! Didn't know had to use other app. Neither did she.

Tanya

TanyaWestern Australia

Stay away from suncorp

I'd give Suncorp 0 stars if this was possible

After depositing a large amount from a house sale, Suncorp removed my account from online banking and their app (internet banking showed that I have no money and no accounts with them). This was an extremely stressful situation as we needed the funds in this account for another purchase. I was given the run-around by their useless customer service team for several hours in what was a very stressful situation for me. Not one single person at Suncorp out of the 5 that I spoke to seemed to care that I could no longer see or access my money held with them.

TopicBusiness Banking

Jack V.

Jack V.South East Queensland, QLD

Total idiots

Went into the greenslopes branch to get a new debit card and they accidentally cancelled another card to another account leaving me without a card for over a week meaning I had to go in branch every time I wanted some cash plus that card was linked to all my online debit payments. Total idiots.

Queenslander

QueenslanderNorth Queensland, QLD

Bad and getting worse

Customer for 10 years. The services were good, with good level of branches and easy to find ATM's. They have closed down nearly all branches, and ATM's are now hard to find. The service has gone, as you will spend 30 mins and longer holding on the phone, and the online banking is limited and hard to use. They advertise as "Queenslands Bank", yet the interstate banks leave them for dead with far more branches, ATM's and service. Sadcorp.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

bare customer

bare customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refinance with Suncorp

I was refinancing with suncorp. It took me some efforts to make things rolling faster and I had to push Suncorp people to do the refinance faster (I refinanced at the end of December). At the end - I am happy for now.

Horrible insurance

when they are taking you money all happy and smiling BUT when they need to help you because you got hit by hail they will find so many excuses not to do it !!!!!!!!!!!!
They damaged my car but find so many excuses saying it was me damaging my car not a repairer......do NOT go with them with any kind of insurance honestly they are horrible

DLR

DLRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Give this bank a miss

Have been a customer for over 10 years. I'm appalled by the multiple phone calls one needs to make when trying to sort out a banking problem. Suncorps token app is useless and everytime we have tired to use it, we have been locked out of our account, necessitating having to contact them all over again. Staff often have an ageist attitude. If you are above the age of 50, suggest you go to another bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Meagan

MeaganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Customer Service

Slow and goes nowhere!!!

It takes me TWO months to do the home loan transfer from Big 4 banks to Suncorp! Most of time wasted on case officer was on leave without a backup! After the 1st case officer came back, they decided to change another one and requested update documentation since time flies. Suncorp would like to see if my Financial situation changed after my application's wandering around in their office after one month!
Finally the loan settled!
However, I still cannot link the account onto online banking almost one month after settlement. And I repeat the same story as many times as I dialed in. The reference number were only provided untill I asked firmly! However, I've been told that there's no time frame for how long the issue would be fixed!

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

adzza

adzzaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Constant calls regarding a late payment and questioned on personal questions why payment was late. Never again

TopicCredit Card Application

Slow, would not go to this bank - car loan application

Once I had submitted all requested documents it took Suncorp two weeks to get back to me regarding my applicat. Their reply was a request for more documents for an account I don't even have? They also requested sooo much information, much more than I have ever been asked for by a bank. The whole application process was quite lengthy and complicated, even for someone like me with no existing debt, good employment history and income.

I ended up going through another bank and was approved no problem with the whole process taking under a week, well before I had even heard back from Suncorp.

Disappointing to provide so much of your personal information and time to a business for them to not take it seriously.

Cole S.

Cole S.South East Queensland, QLD

Home loans

It takes 5-6 weeks for a home loan thru Suncorp. Made a phonecall to Commonwealth Bank. 1- 2 weeks. Why are we still waiting. Steve Johnston call me before I escalate this to media. By the way were we offered a reward for submitting this review. Should be. I did not want to give any stars but had to give one to post this review.

SLJ

Update on review about not answering calls

Went to caloundra branch and they were very helpful. So even though I am still disappointed with the non answering of phone calls from the 1300 number and the fact that I had to drive a long way to a branch to get help, the caloundra branch did make time for us.

Will not answer phones

HollyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Time to shop around.

We have 2 homeloans, life insurance and home and contents ins with you... we have called three times for a mobile lender to visit us since you closed our branch - promised twice and that was 5 weeks ago. We have capacity but you obviously dont want anymore business. We have an appointment with a different bank next week. How disappointing.

Scott MSunshine Coast

Suncorp getting too big (for their boots)??

I've been with Suncorp for years, both banking & insurance. They are slowly becoming GRUBS like the other big banks. Branches closing, overseas call centres on weekends (no doubt full time before too long), more fees creeping in. Disappointing when I left The Commonwealth Bank years ago to escape their rubbish only for Suncrap to become the same!!!

Sara

SaraQueensland

Chargeback

I asked for a chargeback, as made transactions to scam website via PayPal. PayPal refused to help, so I asked Suncorp to step up. I got my refund and can not be happier...I am Suncorp client for a long time now and very happy with the customer protection policies...

David O'Donnell

David O'Donnellasked

How do I transfer money from my Suncorp account to a Commonwealth bank account same day?

Holly

If you transfer early in the morning it may be in your Commbank by the late evening, but there are no guarantees, and it also depends on the amount too, if it is a large amount it will take over night (just not on the weekends).

Fired Up

Have you thought of asking them rather than the public?

Rachie A.

Rachie A.asked

How longs does it take to receive money from suncorp to nab first time

Ask the bank obviously

Dee R.
Dee R.

Too long. It's obvious the bank is going under very soon and loads of people are going to lose their funds

Garyasked

Why has Suncorp closed most of its branches and the few that are left are located in busy crowded shopping centres that are hard to park at and very long wait times. Not everyone has the means to travel many suburbs away, walk a long distance and stand in a long queue just to do their banking?

Ask the bank obviously

Scott M

Because they are slowly becoming GRUBS like the other big banks. Branches closing, overseas call centres on weekends (no doubt full time before too long), more fees creeping in. Disappointing when I left The Commonwealth Bank years ago to escape their rubbish only for Suncrap to become the same!!!

Gary

I'm in the same boat. I too left CBA after many years as a loyal customer and went to Suncorp thinking they were a decent bank - and at that time they were

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives

Other Banks