Suncorp Home Loans

Listing monitored by Suncorp

1.5
sadface
sadface

Avoid!!!!!! Uncompetitive rates, god-awful Internet Banking, 30 minute phone queues, and shockingly insecure security

Kristie H
Kristie HAU

Appalling experience. Regretful choice.

Refinance of 2 properties plus the purchase of a 3rd property. Suncorp completely disorganised, missed deadline after deadline leaving us out of pocket and needing to continually rearrange removalists time and time again. Absolutely would not recommend using them.

Jennifer
JenniferMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not sure why we are using them - it is also impossible to quit because no one returns any calls or email

suman
sumansydney

Application processing times mentioned on the website is a lie

It says 5-10 days on the website to process a home loan but took them 1 month to assess.No help on the phone line either just fake promises.please ignore them

Mummy C
Mummy CSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would have given 0 if it was an option.

Customer service appalling, poor information, incorrect information on set up.
Finance approval time is a minimum of 4 weeks
No follow up from branch
Only number available is 13 number so long phone wait time to get any level of assistance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
harbour-bay
harbour-bay

Terrible customer service!

I enquired with Suncorp about refinancing my loan, it took several emails, documents and communication from me to get it actually processed only to be told that the interest rate they will be offering me is 5.3%!! I asked why and the home loan "expert" went on a 2 week holiday. Spoke to someone else who didn't apologise when I said I was extremely unhappy with the service I had received. Then they backed up the first Suncorp staff member. Their website says refinancing at a rate of 2.39%. What a joke! Don't go with them!!!!!

Alpesh
AlpeshSydney, NSW

Worst bank I ever seen

You can't trust them. I have doubt about their existence. They haven't followed single commitment they made to me or advertised online in last 15 days. In 99% cases bank rejects customer application,I am so frustrated I have rejected them. Either they do not have enough money or something wrong going on. I have registered complain but not expecting in improvement. Three times they said, "We will contact you within 24 to 48 hours. They never get back to me. So guys do not believe or trust them.

Blythe
Blythe

Terrible Customer Service and Process

We were unable to have our pre approval renewed and it took a over 3 weeks of us chasing for this to be confirmed.
We then reapplied and after two months waiting for an outcome we were told they wouldn’t renew our approval. I understand this can happen however there was no follow up or communication with us, no call back (even though I had called once a week or more requesting communication and an update) no follow ups and also no call or communication from the person reviewing the loan application and crunching numbers. A stressful waist of time and discussing customer service and process.
Our experience when we initially applied was great. Our need to reapply as time had lapsed on the first pre approval was dismal experience.

Mick Dobee
Mick DobeeSydney, NSW

Absolutely pathetic customer service and app.

Token app not working properly. Had to reset 3 times. Each time took me about 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Support.
Half the time on the phone, customer support couldn't not stop telling me that I am yelling. I was not yelling. She was merely a self entitled princes.
The app is extremely unfriendly. Stay away from suncorp. Can't wait to move from here.

So frustrated with suncorp

Suncorp took forever to reach unconditional approval. Even after that, they made the same mistake on the credit loan contract twice, requiring my broker to ask them to ammend it twice.

Disorganised

Tried to go through Suncorp for a home loan but after spending 20mins online entering financial details I was linked with a mobile lending specialist who wouldnt reply to emails or get in contact, then tried to go through the phone approval process who said they wouldnt have any of the information I already provided a if I went through them instead. Stark contrast from preapproval with the big 4 banks who must want the customers a bit more.

Application Process

Their construction loan is terrible

We have already had the land loan and just need to add on the construction loan. But Suncorp construction loan takes so long! Now we have already wasted three weeks waiting!
I told them that if it takes that long, our builder may charge us delay fee. They dont care.
I suggest if you are trying to apply the construction loan, DO NOT APPLY Suncorp. You will be waiting for so long.
I think I just made a terrible decision that gone with Suncorp Bank.
Both me and my partner are full time employees, our first house, we have 20% deposit. I think our case is the simplest case in Suncorp. If ours takes this long, I dont know how Suncorp is going to deal with other completed situations.

Dismal

Offered a low rate then ratcheted it up as fast as they could. Charged fees they were not supposed to and has taken them ages to correct it. Dragged out the re-finance process with another bank for as long as they could to maximise their profit at my expense. What a dismal performance....

Amarnath Pentapati
Amarnath PentapatiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suncorp Home loan

I have been with Suncorp bank for almost 5 years now. Recently I applied for a new home construction loan. I think the time for getting building approvals from council is much faster than Suncorp home loan approval process..
Suncorp should be geared up to compete with new technology banks coming into market.

Kal