Suncorp Home Loans

1.5

harbour-bay

harbour-bay

Terrible customer service!

I enquired with Suncorp about refinancing my loan, it took several emails, documents and communication from me to get it actually processed only to be told that the interest rate they will be offering me is 5.3%!! I asked why and the home loan "expert" went on a 2 week holiday. Spoke to someone else who didn't apologise when I said I was extremely unhappy with the service I had received. Then they backed up the first Suncorp staff member. Their website says refinancing at a rate of 2.39%. What a joke! Don't go with them!!!!!

Alpesh

AlpeshSydney, NSW

Worst bank I ever seen

You can't trust them. I have doubt about their existence. They haven't followed single commitment they made to me or advertised online in last 15 days. In 99% cases bank rejects customer application,I am so frustrated I have rejected them. Either they do not have enough money or something wrong going on. I have registered complain but not expecting in improvement. Three times they said, "We will contact you within 24 to 48 hours. They never get back to me. So guys do not believe or trust them.

Blythe

Blythe

Terrible Customer Service and Process

We were unable to have our pre approval renewed and it took a over 3 weeks of us chasing for this to be confirmed.
We then reapplied and after two months waiting for an outcome we were told they wouldn’t renew our approval. I understand this can happen however there was no follow up or communication with us, no call back (even though I had called once a week or more requesting communication and an update) no follow ups and also no call or communication from the person reviewing the loan application and crunching numbers. A stressful waist of time and discussing customer service and process.
Our experience when we initially applied was great. Our need to reapply as time had lapsed on the first pre approval was dismal experience.

Mick Dobee

Mick DobeeSydney, NSW

Absolutely pathetic customer service and app.

Token app not working properly. Had to reset 3 times. Each time took me about 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Support.
Half the time on the phone, customer support couldn't not stop telling me that I am yelling. I was not yelling. She was merely a self entitled princes.
The app is extremely unfriendly. Stay away from suncorp. Can't wait to move from here.

Loan Start DateMarch 2017
Loan used forSecond Home

So frustrated with suncorp

Suncorp took forever to reach unconditional approval. Even after that, they made the same mistake on the credit loan contract twice, requiring my broker to ask them to ammend it twice.

Disorganised

Tried to go through Suncorp for a home loan but after spending 20mins online entering financial details I was linked with a mobile lending specialist who wouldnt reply to emails or get in contact, then tried to go through the phone approval process who said they wouldnt have any of the information I already provided a if I went through them instead. Stark contrast from preapproval with the big 4 banks who must want the customers a bit more.

Application Process

Their construction loan is terrible

We have already had the land loan and just need to add on the construction loan. But Suncorp construction loan takes so long! Now we have already wasted three weeks waiting!
I told them that if it takes that long, our builder may charge us delay fee. They dont care.
I suggest if you are trying to apply the construction loan, DO NOT APPLY Suncorp. You will be waiting for so long.
I think I just made a terrible decision that gone with Suncorp Bank.
Both me and my partner are full time employees, our first house, we have 20% deposit. I think our case is the simplest case in Suncorp. If ours takes this long, I dont know how Suncorp is going to deal with other completed situations.

Loan TypeSplit

Dismal

Offered a low rate then ratcheted it up as fast as they could. Charged fees they were not supposed to and has taken them ages to correct it. Dragged out the re-finance process with another bank for as long as they could to maximise their profit at my expense. What a dismal performance....

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Loan used forInvestment Property
Amarnath Pentapati

Amarnath PentapatiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suncorp Home loan

I have been with Suncorp bank for almost 5 years now. Recently I applied for a new home construction loan. I think the time for getting building approvals from council is much faster than Suncorp home loan approval process..
Suncorp should be geared up to compete with new technology banks coming into market.

OilzzzBrisbane

Terrible - didn't process loans

Kim

Kim

Great Lender Augustine Disano

The end to end loan process with Suncorp was good, although it was the service from the mobile lender Augustine that made all the difference. I'd recommended him to others!

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless Product, would not pass full rate cut instead surprise rate increases

I have been with Suncorp for over 3 years. I had 3 surprise rate increases which I had to chase up with them, but now when all the banks are passing on decent rate cuts ( even top 4 passing the full rate cuts at least once) but these guys have been holding 0.06 of both the cuts so far. I am on 3.61% where other lenders offering rates as low as 2.89%. Now as this is getting pathetic as their phone lines have to wait of over 60 mins. I am switching to Athena and just can not wait to say thanks but no thanks to Suncorp.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
emma

emmaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst bank ever

I have wasted a month waiting for suncorp to process my refinance with no response. The loan was pre-approved, finances all good, 70% LVR loan and nothing. Now I am losing money having rolled over with my current loan and been charged the annual fee that I was trying to get out of. No apology from Suncorp. They have great rates but they are absolutely useless.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
waynes daughter

waynes daughterbrisbane

Rude mobile lender

Rude mobile lender named [name removed] Brisbane Queensland. Useless service! Terrible communication. Waste of time. Changing to another bank! Don't waste your time on clowns. Shocking !
Do not recommend at all!

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Loan used forRenovation
Emma Gadsby

Emma GadsbyAU

Fantastic service

Just sold a previous house with one of the big four banks and wasn’t sure how to go about everything and if I was set to buy a new property. I went to the face to face meeting and we discussed my position and I was stepped through how to reach my goal, what needed to be saved, how to step up Suncorp accounts etc. Then I went off and everything was done easily over email, even the applications. My questions answered quickly, everything explained and the loan rates very competitive. Now after following the instructions my loan has now been approved without fuss and I couldn’t be happier.

Loan used forSecond Home

parv

parvVictoria

Pathetic Customer Service

Their Service is Awful in all areas, No respect to clients
The Loan Application Delayed by the months and no unsatisfactory replies from
I urge the new customers please avoid these frauds

Loan Start DateApril 2019

They use a low teaser rate and increase it by 0.20% after a few months

Got my home loan with Suncorp at 3.69% and 3 months later they increased it to 3.8% and 3 months later again to 3.9%. Moved to UBank where my current rate is 3.59%. The advertised rate in Suncorp continues to be 3.69%. You’re better off going strait o UBank as the 3.59 does not change and to finish your loan with Suncorp you’ll face refinancing costs of at least 350+189=$539 plus wasted time and a period with the higher rate of 3.9%

Jash

JashSydney

Failed in basic lending process

Awful!! Zero star

Jacques B

Jacques BPerth

Terrible service and care factor is 0

The lack of service and care factor at the loan dept is unbelievable. I have now been waiting for more than 9 days since my application was approved. No one communicates to me or cares. The waiting times every day this week that I have called have been more than 30 minutes and when you get through every one say they will call back which they don’t. General response is that I have to wait for 3-5 business days as they are understaffed and busier than normal apparently. If I got the finance from the dealer then it would have been 2 days. What a joke!