Suncorp Home Loans

Suncorp Home Loans

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (7) · Split (1) · Fixed Rate (1) · Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for:
    • First Home (3)
    • Refinancing (2)
    • Second Home (2)
    • Renovation (1)
    • Investment Property (1)
  • Loan Term29.25 years (4)
  • Online Tools

Mick Dobee

Mick DobeeSydney, NSW

Absolutely pathetic customer service and app.

Token app not working properly. Had to reset 3 times. Each time took me about 30 minutes on the phone with Customer Support.
Half the time on the phone, customer support couldn't not stop telling me that I am yelling. I was not yelling. She was merely a self entitled princes.
The app is extremely unfriendly. Stay away from suncorp. Can't wait to move from here.

Loan Start DateMarch 2017
Loan used for:Second Home

So frustrated with suncorp

Suncorp took forever to reach unconditional approval. Even after that, they made the same mistake on the credit loan contract twice, requiring my broker to ask them to ammend it twice.

Disorganised

Tried to go through Suncorp for a home loan but after spending 20mins online entering financial details I was linked with a mobile lending specialist who wouldnt reply to emails or get in contact, then tried to go through the phone approval process who said they wouldnt have any of the information I already provided a if I went through them instead. Stark contrast from preapproval with the big 4 banks who must want the customers a bit more.

Application Process

Their construction loan is terrible

We have already had the land loan and just need to add on the construction loan. But Suncorp construction loan takes so long! Now we have already wasted three weeks waiting!
I told them that if it takes that long, our builder may charge us delay fee. They dont care.
I suggest if you are trying to apply the construction loan, DO NOT APPLY Suncorp. You will be waiting for so long.
I think I just made a terrible decision that gone with Suncorp Bank.
Both me and my partner are full time employees, our first house, we have 20% deposit. I think our case is the simplest case in Suncorp. If ours takes this long, I dont know how Suncorp is going to deal with other completed situations.

Loan TypeSplit

Dismal

Offered a low rate then ratcheted it up as fast as they could. Charged fees they were not supposed to and has taken them ages to correct it. Dragged out the re-finance process with another bank for as long as they could to maximise their profit at my expense. What a dismal performance....

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Loan used for:Investment Property

Amarnath Pentapati

Amarnath PentapatiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suncorp Home loan

I have been with Suncorp bank for almost 5 years now. Recently I applied for a new home construction loan. I think the time for getting building approvals from council is much faster than Suncorp home loan approval process..
Suncorp should be geared up to compete with new technology banks coming into market.

OilzzzBrisbane

Terrible - didn't process loans

Kim

Kim

Great Lender Augustine Disano

The end to end loan process with Suncorp was good, although it was the service from the mobile lender Augustine that made all the difference. I'd recommended him to others!

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless Product, would not pass full rate cut instead surprise rate increases

I have been with Suncorp for over 3 years. I had 3 surprise rate increases which I had to chase up with them, but now when all the banks are passing on decent rate cuts ( even top 4 passing the full rate cuts at least once) but these guys have been holding 0.06 of both the cuts so far. I am on 3.61% where other lenders offering rates as low as 2.89%. Now as this is getting pathetic as their phone lines have to wait of over 60 mins. I am switching to Athena and just can not wait to say thanks but no thanks to Suncorp.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
emma

emmaSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst bank ever

I have wasted a month waiting for suncorp to process my refinance with no response. The loan was pre-approved, finances all good, 70% LVR loan and nothing. Now I am losing money having rolled over with my current loan and been charged the annual fee that I was trying to get out of. No apology from Suncorp. They have great rates but they are absolutely useless.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:Refinancing

waynes daughter

waynes daughterbrisbane

Rude mobile lender

Rude mobile lender named [name removed] Brisbane Queensland. Useless service! Terrible communication. Waste of time. Changing to another bank! Don't waste your time on clowns. Shocking !
Do not recommend at all!

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Loan used for:Renovation

Emma Gadsby

Emma GadsbyAU

Fantastic service

Just sold a previous house with one of the big four banks and wasn’t sure how to go about everything and if I was set to buy a new property. I went to the face to face meeting and we discussed my position and I was stepped through how to reach my goal, what needed to be saved, how to step up Suncorp accounts etc. Then I went off and everything was done easily over email, even the applications. My questions answered quickly, everything explained and the loan rates very competitive. Now after following the instructions my loan has now been approved without fuss and I couldn’t be happier.

Loan used for:Second Home

parv

parvVictoria

Pathetic Customer Service

Their Service is Awful in all areas, No respect to clients
The Loan Application Delayed by the months and no unsatisfactory replies from
I urge the new customers please avoid these frauds

Loan Start DateApril 2019
Loan used for:Refinancing

They use a low teaser rate and increase it by 0.20% after a few months

Got my home loan with Suncorp at 3.69% and 3 months later they increased it to 3.8% and 3 months later again to 3.9%. Moved to UBank where my current rate is 3.59%. The advertised rate in Suncorp continues to be 3.69%. You’re better off going strait o UBank as the 3.59 does not change and to finish your loan with Suncorp you’ll face refinancing costs of at least 350+189=$539 plus wasted time and a period with the higher rate of 3.9%

Jash

JashSydney

Failed in basic lending process

Awful!! Zero star

Jacques B

Jacques BPerth

Terrible service and care factor is 0

The lack of service and care factor at the loan dept is unbelievable. I have now been waiting for more than 9 days since my application was approved. No one communicates to me or cares. The waiting times every day this week that I have called have been more than 30 minutes and when you get through every one say they will call back which they don’t. General response is that I have to wait for 3-5 business days as they are understaffed and busier than normal apparently. If I got the finance from the dealer then it would have been 2 days. What a joke!

Senthil

SenthilSydney, NSW

Terrible

I am pretty sure i am atleast on an above average pay. Suncorp declined my pre-approval saying i have another personal loan so not good enough to borrow. The big 4 were more than happy to lend me around 500K mark with the same data. Atleast they should have had the courtesy to say Suncorp cannot lend the loan. Not any other bank. Would never go here anyway for a loan. Plus your interest rates were also higher compared to other bigger banks.

Bad at keeping in touch

Worst Experience Ever

Similar views to all the other poor people who have experienced terrible customer service. We have had such a terrible and stressful experience too. Multiple delays, no communication, promise of deadlines which they failed to meet...and so on and so on. Basically my 31yr old partner had one grey hair from the date of contract, by the time we settled he had turned fully grey. Wouldn’t wish the stress on anyone. For my first home it’s been a shocking experience.