Suncorp Motor Insurance

Suncorp Motor Insurance

So relieved I'm insured with suncorp

Suncorp have been great to deal with. Under my new for old policy I get my brand new car in a few days with hire car up until I get it. Everything explained to me when I took out the policy has been honoured without any problems

Car ModelNissan Pathfinder R52
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Expensive. Website is close to useless regarding self service.

I needed to update my residential address with Suncorp. So I decided to login. Being the first time, I registered my email to create an account. Then attempted to add my policy number. I got an error saying the information does not match their records. I checked the policy number and its correct, and i used the same email as i get Suncorp policy updates on. Website Chat feature is useless as there is no chat support for this area. I sent a message through the website, it says "we'll respond ASAP". Its been days now. Doesn't sound so 'ASAP'.

Also could not find anywhere to add/change my address. Reason why I chose Suncorp is because being a mature and more expensive company I thought your services and systems would be speedy, convenient and capable, hence the expensive pricing. Expensive but inconvenient is what this is.

Update: password reset email takes years to arrive. Took at least 3 minutes. Usually a password reset is required for access at the time. Waiting for minutes is just ridiculous.

I'm seriously considering switching at policy renewal. Do i really have to call to add my policy to my account and to update my address? Its 2019 now.

Update: can'not even log into website anymore. Slacking on up-time Suncorp. I've have some sort of issue with the system each time I've tried using it. These things matter in this day and age.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMercedes-Benz-AMG-C63
Claim MadeNo

If I could give 0 stars I would. Very disgusting from suncorp

I had a accident with my car which I was at fault it's been 2months and 6 days and still dealing with the claim. They are doing investigation on me. Why? I really don't know. Is because they think I'm a fraud or trying to do something stupid I'm not sure? . I've provided all information that they have asked which I have nothing to hide. I've been interviewed with a corporate investigator aswell. Now they are doing a forensic analyst on my car.. Why am I being targeted for I have no idea?. I have no criminal history or anything. Still dealing with this claim. Accidents do happen and I'm constantly going forward and back with the investigation team. This is very poor from there behalf And I'm the one who is dealing with all the headache . Do not get insurance with suncorp.

Car ModelFord Mondeo
Claim DateFebruary 2019

The customer does NOT come first!

I have lifetime new for old cover for my 6 month old car. Major damage caused in recent hail storm. They refuse to honor the lifetime new for old. Twice now!! Repair time keeps being extended and now looking at possibly May before car is repaired!! I didn’t spend $40k for my car to be totally rebuilt. They’ve had it since December. Stayed loyal to Suncorp for 7 years. No advantage for loyalty these days. Policy is a joke.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018

CTP CLAIMS - Customer service and understanding, a refreshing experience

Suncorp i just want to give your company in particular your ctp insurance claims section a 10/10. I am so so very touched by the actions of the Brisbane branch and i cannot express my gratitude enough. I know there are always negative stories about insurers but i just want to thank suncorp from the bottom of my heart and gibe credit where it is due. You have made something heartbreaking a little bit easier, it is appreciated beyond any words.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Insurance always has surprises and frustrations.

Our car was a write off due to another driver crossing the centre line and slamming into our car. The payout figure was paid within 10 days which was excellent.
However 2 points I was not aware of were. 1 when the car is a write off the insurance company hand in the plates and receive the refund in the registration. 2 Although we had UNLIMITED hire car the second they pay out they want the hire car back. From the time they officially told us the car was a write off to the time they paid out was a few days so you are left with no car. Just points to be aware of when buying any car insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019

What a con

My Sister in law received $50.00 for each car that was insured by Suncorp CTP. I called Suncorp because i wanted the deal also and was informed that after I payed the registration on my cars it would all go through. Surprise surprise, after paying the rego and nothing was received I called Suncorp again who informed me that the promotion was only for those who received the letter and I would not be eligible.(remember that i had called Suncorp prior to confirm) I think its about time that these sort of companies should be held responsible for telling anything to get money from people.You lost me Suncorp.

Exceptional customer service

I was just blown off by the customer service I experienced after a car hit kangaroo accident at night time. Very prompt to arrange every needed service and the way of communication just melted me away. Hats off to the entire customer service team. My 3 month old new car was written off and replaced by a brand new car. My color of choice was not available initially. But Suncorp waited until my preferred color was imported and arranged rental car service for the whole period. Amazing service. Would highly recommend Suncorp Car Insurance.

If I could give no stars I would

13 years a customer and the treatment from Suncorp was appalling. The car accident wasn’t our fault but Suncorp made the whole experience awful. Do not insure with them!!!

Good Service and Replacment work good quality

Had a replacement windscreen done, lodged online claim and was phoned within an hour and was organized for the next morning to have it replaced onsite. No Issues had and happy with the work.

Excellent service

I have been with Suncorp now for about 5 years. I recently had to put in a claim on my car that was damaged in an accident an subsequently caught fire. They were brilliant from the 1st call to lodge a claim to the assessor calling me to confirm car was a total loss and that I would receive my agreed value that car was insured for. Within 4 working days I had received the payment. Thanks Suncorp

Disgusting

Terrible service, continuous mistakes made by the staff and they don't pay out on claims. They increased our premium when told it was permanently located at a holiday park as it was deemed a higher risk and then at claim time didn't know the address the van was located. The caravan was 2 years old we experienced a series of severe storms and given its a holiday van and don't see it everyday didn't know which storm had caused damage leading to a leak that did a lot of damage to our caravan. Suncorp refused our claim even in review because we didn't know which storm did the damage and couldn't prove that "a tree fell on the caravan". We were honest in our explanation and to be refused due to 'wear and tear' on a Caravan that was not even three years old was ludicrous. We are now working with the ombudsman to resolve this as Suncorp will not reconsider. The customer service was terrible the entire process as for the premiums they charge you would hope for better. I would caution anyone considering Suncorp or current Suncorp customers to move elsewhere.

Excellent customer service

Have been with suncorp for 15 years..This is the first time i made a claim..From the first day..I received the best customer service support and within 4 days they made paid back the money as my ute was writeoff..
Keep up the good work.

Absolutely disgusting.

Biggest scammers in Australia, insurance fraud is their game and they know how to manipulate your story, I had a claim made against me and they tried charging me over $3000 for a rear bumper bar that is only worth $208.65 from Toyota, and couldn't explain to me where the other $2800 had come from.

I even asked for the financial hardship forms as I truly am struggling, they blatantly disregarded my application even though I have no job and do no receive government payments.

So far so good

Cheap price, much less than the alternatives. Went for full comprehensive with low fees higher excess. Found quite a large scratch across 2 panels of car a few weeks back and the claim went through quite smoothly. I didn't get a replacement car but they paid for taxi to and from the workshop. The call centres are local and very friendly.

Insurance claim madeYes

Large increase in policy despite no claims

I received a rude shock to find my policy had increase by over 15% (more than $110) despite no claims and my car being worth less given it is a year older. No explanation was able to be provided except that apparently there was a discount when I applied because I was a new customer. Clearly Suncorp don’t respect customer loyalty and are just chasing the new customer and could care less about retaining current customers. As a side point, be careful with your privacy. Suncorp sent my policy to an old salary packing company I no longer use, despite updating them a year ago with my correct email address.

Insurance claim madeNo

Sorry, wrong place, please remove!

My home loan with Suncorp. This year they tried to call me several times to sell their insurance. But the sales used my home address as my insured address, I just found out when I did the tax return for my investment property. I just want to ask them, do you buy the landlord insurance for your residential property? They want to charge me $35 for changing address. I said please cancel the insurance due to the unprofessional service. They cancelled it and charge me $33 for Cancellation. So unhappy conversation and I will never use any product from them! ()

Insurance claim madeNo

Would highly recommend Suncorp. Cannot fault them.

I've held policies with Suncorp for 2 and a half years. Recently someone hit the back of my car. Suncorp were very easy to deal with, repairs were arranged immediately and I'm truly impressed with their services and the turn over. Friendly staff, very understanding and compassionate. Would recommend Suncorp to everyone i know.

Horrible customer relation service

I am with Suncorp vehicle insurance for almost two years now. I have my home insurance with Suncorp and my home loan is also with Suncorp too. Presently I have an active vehicle insurance claim for very minor accident. I have given my car on September 21st. On September 28th I already informed Suncorp that I would be travelling overseas 7th October for a month time. They said, I should be getting my car back before that. When I couldn’t get any recent update about my car, I called Suncorp this morning and they kept me on hold for a long time and came back to say that my car is expected to be ready by 8th October. I told them that I already informed them before that I will be travelling overseas and I won’t be in Australia on 8th October and if they can assist me in getting the car a bit early so that I can collect my car before I travel. I even told them that I do have my home insurance & home loan along with Suncorp vehicle insurance. I just requested for a help that if they can give my car repaired by 7th. However, I got a unique reply from the Suncorp customer care team i.e. “having more insurance doesn’t mean whatever you can ask that you want”. I just need their cooperation to get my car a day early pretty much. Gone further & called customer complaint relation manager, but it seems to get my car ready one day earlier was a big deal for Suncorp. The answer was “A big no”. The Suncorp team member attitude never seems like friendly or cooperative. Suncorp, definitely I can guarantee you that you are losing one of your customer and that is not only for car insurance, but my home & content as well eventually. Also, I will never suggest / recommend Suncorp for your pathetic service to any of my friends or known people. The lady ([name removed]) on phone was so rude too. This is definitely not a service that a customer expect.

Insurance claim madeYes

Claims knocked back on minor technicality

My son has had insurance with Suncorp almost 3 years never claimed, first time he has claimed gets knocked back because did not update details on insurance. However they happy to charge him highest premiums and promptly deduct insurance from his account but when comes to claim find any excuse to not resolve his claim!!! Would not recommend this insurance company. Exploit young individuals!

Insurance claim madeYes

Although Suncorp offer lifetime guarantee from a legal point of view who are the ones that have to honour it who being the repair shop or the insurance company and in the end who wares the bill for rerepairs

If you have comprehensive advantages and need a windscreen replaced (first one this year) do I still have to ring Suncorp or can I just give the windscreen people my insurance policy number?
I've been in this situation and found that by calling the Suncorp insurance line and going through their phone prompts, if you only have damage to your windscreen (i.e. no other panel damage as part of a larger claim), your call gets routed to the windscreen people (O'Brien) and they handle it.

Am just wondering if this advanced car insurance is worth it compared to what you can pay with other insurance. Has anyone every received a free car rental if they have an accident?
Sorry I haven't needed to or heard of anyone recieving any free car while their car gets fixed.Nope.. if you're with Suncorp or GIO good luck. they say they'll give you this and that.. but once they sucker you into signing up or moving over you'll get nothing back.. Only wish you don't have a car accident, if you do I can guarantee you they'll say your car is a write off. RACV is better. Suncorp and GIO are the one and the same businessI was offered free car when my car was damaged or for repair under my insurance with GIO. Signed up all happy and when the time came, I got peanuts.. lol Seriously. Nothing. They give you excuses like we don't have a vehicle at the moment or that you have to be living x Kms from the service station. etc etc..

Similar listings