Suncorp Motor Insurance
See the Best Car Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Suncorp

• 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (15)
    • 3+ months (18)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (39) · No (17)

Sandy Newman
Sandy Newman South East Queensland, QLD

On hold for 1.5 hours (so far!) to talk to claims…HOW DISGUSTING

Worst service imaginable - makes Centrelink and Telstra look like saints !! Avoid avoid avoid this insurance company at all costs and choose a company that will value your loyalty and money as clearly this company is all about profits and nothing about service. Shame on the recoveries/specialist team.

Leon
LeonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Suncorp forces the plaintiff to break the law

Forced the person P plater to lie to get hired car so they didn’t have to pay additional fee. Totally breaking the agreement and law. Also forcing the plaintiff to call up everyday to extend the car for one day. They’ve called Suncorp over 6 times now with 1 hour wait. The plaintiff came to my house and threatened my wife and my kids. I’ll never go with Suncorp ever again.

Terrible assistance

Terrible assistance from them, car was a ride off and I had no criminal history involving fraud but because I even had a criminal history they refused to fix my car or pay me to get a new one.

Warwick W.
Warwick W.

Absolutely disappointing

Been with Suncorp for years never had a claim in house our home insurance they certainly don't reward loyal customer they keep putting my insurance up minimum $200 every year I'm currently moving over to anther insurance company

Frustrated customer
Frustrated customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor communication, lack professionalism and empathy

Purchased a brand new car and the dealer had a deal with Suncorp so seemed like the logical choice. I was rear ended and took 5 calls to seperate call operators for them to clarify more information that I had already given them. Clearly don’t communicate between themselves. Then had another accident of my own fault and was accused of lying in my report. Will have to take this further to AFCA. Very disappointed in their service.

Most difficult company to deal with

This is the worst insurance company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Understand that should you ever need to engage with them it is a very unpleasant experience. I had an accident which wasn't my fault and have been on hold for a total of over 5 hours to sort it out.

Chris1011
Chris1011Queensland

Suncorp have been efficient and done the job.

I have, unfortunately, had 3 claims for car damage over last 18 months. First, someone tried to move into my lane while I was still in it, second, someone backed into my car when parked, 3rd. Car was hit from behind after merging, and written off! Suncorp immediately organized hire cars and repairs and tows. Really recommend them . Now bought another car and definitely will insure with Suncorp.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Kirri H.
Kirri H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would not recommend

Very expensive premiums and poor communication. Don’t expect to speak with a Suncorp representative by phone without waiting on hold for of 45 mins. Their claims process is not well communicated nor transparent.

Jo F.
Jo F.Far North Queensland, QLD

Will be Changing Insurance companies!

Setting up policy was easy, of course they want your money.
I bought a brand new car - someone side swiped it within 8 days! Claim was accepted and everything seemed ok. Unfortunately Suncorp only have one repairer they use in Cairns, so my repair is booked in for 5 MONTHS TIME!!! They have admitted the repair itself will only take 3 days but can't squeeze me in.
I have now been waiting on the phone to Suncorp for 2.5 hours to discuss it. Now I have been CUT OFF!!!
Once this is over I will be changing insurance companies.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

AbbeyR
AbbeyRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Seriously impressed!

I was rear ended last week (other party at fault) and Suncorp were incredible to deal with. They were efficient in processing my claim, booking my car in nearby to be assessed, organised a rental car and were happy to provide a SUV at my request and very easy to deal with regarding replacing my children's car seats. Everything has been seamless. The only minor thing is the wait time to get through to someone on the phone was about 45mins each time I called but that's expected with the floods etc happening at the moment ☺️ Now that I have my claim in I'm able to do everything online so I don't need to worry about holding anymore.

Suncorp do not cancel policies when asked. I had to ring multiple times and they can't even apologies for staff error.

Crap insurance. Money Hungary. Rude staff. Inexperienced staff. Did not cancel policy when ask Multiple times. Crap insurance company car are rubbish and so rude can't even do a job

Shocking customer service

Where do I start I changed from Nrma to Suncorp for my car insurance because it was cheaper now I know why the customer service is absolutely shocking on multiple occasions I have realty with them they are rude , arrogant and definitely not here to hear your side of the story as a consumer I’m moving back to Nrma definitely not worth it I would rather pay more but have a great customer experience and service

Jayce L.
Jayce L.Sydney, NSW

No problems until simple request

Ozzy
OzzyHobart, TAS

Brilliant, will stay!

I crashed my ute last year. I know you hear all these horror stories of insurers trying every way possible to get out of a claim. The only question Suncorp were interested in however was “are you ok? Do you need any help?” From that point they sorted us a tow truck and a ride back to town. Gave us the option of repair or a pay out and never gave us any problems. Really happy with them. We had been about to leave for a cheaper quote but this incident made us stay!

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stolen vehicle paid out at $30,000 less than Second-hand market value.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

MARGO X.
MARGO X.asked
Motor Insurance

Why is it that every single Car Insurance company including you Suncorp have shocking bad reviews pages of unhappy complaining customers from the cheap insurance to expensive so are they all wrong are these customers all complaining about nothing? I have yet to find an insurance company with "rave reviews" so who do I choose? You Suncorp? You tell me. . .

Unhappy customerasked
Motor Insurance

When are you going to stop ripping people off and start upholding you promises! Shame on you!

Unhappy customer

Suncorp and their companies with insurance rip offs.

charlie s
charlie sasked

is my car still covered rego number is 401yoa

Fired Up
Fired Up

Why not call the company and ASK?

See all Suncorp Motor Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Suncorp representatives

Suncorp Motor Insurance

Compare all 4 Suncorp Motor Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Health, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and TravelHealth, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party Property DamageThird Party, Fire and TheftCompulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip)
UnderwriterAAIAAIAAIAAI
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess IncludedNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerAllowedAllowedAllowedNot Applicable
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Applicable

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $1,000Included up to $1,000Not IncludedNot Applicable
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedIncludedNot Applicable
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Applicable

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $1,000Not IncludedIncluded up to $1,000Not Applicable
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Not Applicable

Lock and Key ReplacementIncluded up to $1,500Included up to $1,500Not IncludedNot Applicable
Transit Cover Not Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Applicable
Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded up to $750Not IncludedIncluded up to $750Not Applicable
New-for-old Car Replacement

If your car has been stolen or damaged in an incident in the period of insurance and we have agreed to pay your claim as a total loss, we will replace your car, if:

• you are the first registered owner of your car or you purchased your car as an ex demonstration model from a licensed motor dealer who was the first registered owner of the car; and

• the loss or damage to your car occurred less than 2 years from the date of original registration of your car; and

• anyone who financed your car provides us with written consent to us settling your claim in accordance with this additional feature

Not Included

Not Included

Not Applicable

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $1,000 per incidentIncluded up to $1,000 per incidentNot IncludedNot Applicable
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not IncludedIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000Not Applicable
Accidental Loss or Damage