Three Years with Suncorp

I have been three years with Suncorp. Started with vehicle insurance and then added home and content insurance later. Felt the price was good for the services the options they offer. Customer service has been good and quick to respond for quotes and renewals.

Car ModelHolden Captiva CG Active
Claim MadeNo

Suncorp motor insurance uses after market parts in other words cheap stuff.

Read your policy before joining with them.
Because they don't use proper genuine parts to replace the damage. They use after market parts or in other words cheap materials. On top of that they will only fix the major stuff the rest is not there problem. They will rush the job
they wont have to pay the overwrite fee.
Don't care about quality finishing they do cheap as possible.

I got my brand new car and the cheapest insurance I could find being under 25 was Suncorp insurance.
( what a mistake, regrets and I learnt my lesson)

anyways few years down the track, when I actually need the insurance after a car accident they are not that helpful. First of all the communication is weak and not very helpful, I mean some of them are nice but really depends who you get.

My car got transferred to three different repair shop. The last workshop fixed my car, but didn't clean the shattered glasses properly. Found more starches on my car, overspray dots of white paints on the car. according to one lady is not their job to clean broken glasses. So returning the car in the safe to use or how the car was before the accident is not on their list.

There's no point having insurance provider if they quality and safety is not their priority what's the point of having insurance if they only fix 40% of the car and do a rushed job. why bother staring the job if that's all you going to fix.

They rushed the entire job without letting me choose the repair shop. According to them they have over 500 repair shops to choose from
they try to keep it cheap as possible, the longevity of the car is questioned with cheap materials. if you are ever get into a accident and they are your provider do a face to face assessment with the assessor. and insist on being there.

Suncorp claim app is never updated. so you waiting for the assessors opinions and judgements if the cars is safe or not but because the app tells you that they are still waiting on stage 1 of 4 of the claim but get confusing messages from repair shop that its nearly fixed.

claim officer don't really do a proper investigation.

the experience with them for me was horrible now I am looking for a new company. I wouldn't join them honestly having them as a insurance is a waste.

OVERALL 1 OUT OF 5
1 because there are SOME nice customer service ladies and men.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes

insurance company not to deal with ever

Dont use this insurance as they are completely hopeless and lier. They come up multiple excuse to make pay you extra. Every time they say different things and speak different things to get money

Car ModelMazda BT-50
Claim ApprovedNo

Trying to stop them taking money after car sold.

Tried to call Suncorp from Brazil and of course to cancel insurance you cant do online typical sold my car they still taking out 100$ month. If they dont stop i have federal police that will stop them. Crap

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelVolvo S80 Mk.2 (2007-2016)
Claim MadeNo

Choose another insurance company!!!!!!

Insurance companies may be ok until you want to make a claim. I hit a roo, made a claim and 3 weeks after they haven't done anything about it. Is it a right off or repairable? If its repairable, it will be another 3 weeks of not having a vehicle. Don't insure with them!!!!!

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claim DateJuly 2019

Poor Insurance Provider .. When You Claim

After having my car stolen .. Suncorp made me jump through hoops for my money ..
Delayed the claim.. Had to make contact with them Constantly..
At the end I had to pay out my full 12 month insurance ..
Most Insurance companies give a credit on cancelled insurance ..
After more than 30 years insurance with them ..
I will also be taking all my money out of there bank
I will not deal with them again
Bad Insurance Company . The fact they dont respond to reviews.. Says it all

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

It should be called Suncrap Insurance...Absolutely disappointing & time wasting !!!

I had a no fault claim with suncorp and this was an absolute stuff up one after another by their rude call centre staff, Panel beaters who couldn't fix the car after taking multiple times, Car hire people constant harassment and threatening to take money from the deposit. Spoke to Customer relations still not fixed. from past 3 months. Logged an AFCA complaint but still not interested to resolve it. Absolutely waste of time and money, Not even worth 1 star..Crap service !!!

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Suncorp is 68% owned by the Qld Govt. Default 'No service' from a Govt department is standard practise.

Suncorp is a Government run entity. They trade under more than a dozen names, so it looks like theres competition in a free market...there is no competition. Dont be surprised if you come away disappointed.
They dont pay on flood claim if I live at the bottom of a hill & 3 metres of flood water came through my property, destroying my yard, plumbing, pool filters & pool. The cost of repairs in excess of $20 thousand. They have recently taken to cancelling my bank statements, without notifying me or giving me an option. I go to the Suncorp bank & ask for the printout & get charged $3.
This year, they charged me $395 to renew my Mortgage for another year. I never had this happen in 30 years. My Mortgage interest rate is double what is advertised as the going rate for a Mortgage.
I went to NAB for my banking with no hidden charges.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim ApprovedNo

Don’t waste your money Suncorp are not a good insurance company in my opinion

My car was stolen 3 weeks ago, I reported it to my insurance company straight away to start with suncorp were quite helpful they ordered me a loan car, then after two days my car was recovered in Townsville with quite a lot of damage, that was three weeks ago, my damaged car has been sitting in the crash repairers compound since them it’s only just had its mechanical check and the quote submitted to Suncorp, the damage accessed at almost Nineteen thousand dollars with a couple of other problems still to be accessed, this car should have been written off but Suncorp elected the cheaper option I’m far from impressed with Suncorp insurance and once y car is fixed I’ll be canceling my policy and moving to a quality insurance company, I have found that Suncorp insurance don’t keep their clients informed during the claim process,

August 22nd 2019 Update: Repairs and time frame

My near new Kia Sorento V6 was stolen in townsville on the 15th June 2019 it had only done 7 thousand Ks, my car was recovered by the Townsville police on the 17th June 2019 with approximately 21K of damage, of that 21K of damage it had 6k of mechanical issues also needed 4 brand new Tyers, as I am a TPI pensioners with multiple orthopaedic problems I really rely on my car, so I made it clear from the start of the repair process that I wasn’t happy with it being repaired, as I have videos of my car being and bush bashed around Townsville streets and bush area’s thanks to a Townsville crime watch site on Facebook, as I said they have now had my car for over two months and today I get a text from the body repairer, saying they have just got my vehicle back from the mechanical repairer and that it had now joined the queue for its repairs, I was phoned by someone at Suncorp two weeks ago he told me he thought two months was a little to long, and he would find out what the hold up was and a time frame when my car would be finished, and he would personally ring the repairer every couple of days to find out the progress, today was the first contact I have had with the repairer for three weeks, the guy that rang me from Suncorp was named [name removed] I think he was some sort of manager don’t really know, but I thought he told me all I needed to know,but all they really tell you is 99% of crap just to keep you happy, I have just renewed my insurance only because I haven’t Got my car back as yet , but when I do suncorp can stick their policy where it fits they are by far the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with it will be back to RACQ for me, out of score of 1-10 I think 1 is being generous, Mick Townsville

Car ModelKia Sorento
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Read above claim resolution time 1-2 months what a joke both the repairer and suncorp have told heaps of porky pies regarding the completion time for repairs to my vehicle, 3 months on I’ve lost count of how many promised completion dates I’ve had from both parties they have all come and gone and I’m still none the wiser when I’ll get my car back, every time I get a completion date it never materialise’s just lame excuses, like from the repairer oh I didn’t realise how big the paint job was ? Well you should have you accessed it and you have had it for 3 months already, before anybody waist’s their money come and see me and I’ll show all the reports I have. Mick 0427286428

Very disappointed in Suncorp

I insured a new car with Suncorp 5 years ago for just under $600/yr. Recently changed to an updated new version of the same car and they increased the premium to over $1200/yr. An increase over 5 year of 100%.
I averaged 12,000kms/yr and house the vehicle in my unit car port in a retirement village. No claims and regular DD payments. What are these people up to. Of course I'll be walking away.
My feeling? As an old age pensioner I believe Suncorp hope I won't notice the increase so why not give it a try. I know they'd reduce the premium if I complained but also believe they don't deserve my business. Have started comparison quotes. My first one came in at under $800/yr. or $400 (30%) less than Suncorp. I'll also be looking at others.
My suggestions.....don't trust any insurance company. Check, compare, challenge and change....frequently if necessary. Customer loyalty doesn't work any more.

Claim MadeNo

Try to make you look like a criminal!

Its been 2mths of a car insurance claim that still hasn’t been finalised. My car caught fire and was written off. My husband and I have been interviewed over the phone by investigations and had an investigator interview us at our home. Suncorp are very good at trying to avoid paying out and making their customers look like they’ve committed fraud. I’ve never had any issues with previous companies, am a rating 1 driver and have no criminal history or done anything wrong, same goes for hubby.
Ridiculous amount of time it’s taken and added unnecessary stress. Even last week with all the information they’ve been given, they still believe something is missing. More than happy to take your money but in reverse they’ll do anything not to give back. Track your claim online is useless. I constantly have to call them.
SAVE YOURSELVES AND FIND A BETTER INSURER!!!!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Pretty good!

Never had to use claim service with any other insurance company, but then I was unlucky enough to have my car window smash by god knows who tried to break into my car. Had to pay the excess since there was no witness or camera around, but that's just the standard I guess. Claim was pretty painless, even got additional rental car days because it couldn't get fixed on time and additional taxi fare because some warranty works need to be done after. I chose the repair company, so I really couldn't blame Suncorp for all the warranty work I had to do after the repair...as an insurance company, they have been very helpful throughout.

Car ModelMazda 3 BL
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJuly 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Thieves that only work for themselves!

This company is the worst! I was the victim of a malicious attack on my vehicle with a crazy man and a shopping trolley, he rammed my car for no reason just because he has a sad life. Everything was caught on CCTV, video recording of a witness and photos taken at the scene of the crime, I provided everything that would win the case for me. Suncorp lied to me, saying they would take him to court and that they had a phone recording of him admitting fault, then they called me and changed there mind about taking him to court 3 months later. Suncorp put me through a lot of heart ache and false hope. They are liars and thieves and they only care about taking your money. They are happy to lie to me over the phone even though I provided the CCTV footage. Even though I would have won the case in court easily and got my $850 excess fee back, there was nothing in it for them that's why they didn't even bother. these people are rotten, I warn you not to go with them, they won't look after you at all, good luck and please choose a different car insurance company to go with.

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

It pays to shop for a policy

So after my insurance went up after i moved house i decided to do a comparison on policy/price. I came up with a saving of $48 a month. I spoke to suncorp and they couldnt match it or even come close. The company i chose asks more questions such as age, all drivers ages and a variety of k's traveled per year. Suncorp could do a lot better.

Car ModelJaguar xj
Claim MadeNo

So relieved I'm insured with suncorp

Suncorp have been great to deal with. Under my new for old policy I get my brand new car in a few days with hire car up until I get it. Everything explained to me when I took out the policy has been honoured without any problems

Car ModelNissan Pathfinder R52
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Expensive. Website is close to useless regarding self service.

I needed to update my residential address with Suncorp. So I decided to login. Being the first time, I registered my email to create an account. Then attempted to add my policy number. I got an error saying the information does not match their records. I checked the policy number and its correct, and i used the same email as i get Suncorp policy updates on. Website Chat feature is useless as there is no chat support for this area. I sent a message through the website, it says "we'll respond ASAP". Its been days now. Doesn't sound so 'ASAP'.

Also could not find anywhere to add/change my address. Reason why I chose Suncorp is because being a mature and more expensive company I thought your services and systems would be speedy, convenient and capable, hence the expensive pricing. Expensive but inconvenient is what this is.

Update: password reset email takes years to arrive. Took at least 3 minutes. Usually a password reset is required for access at the time. Waiting for minutes is just ridiculous.

I'm seriously considering switching at policy renewal. Do i really have to call to add my policy to my account and to update my address? Its 2019 now.

Update: can'not even log into website anymore. Slacking on up-time Suncorp. I've have some sort of issue with the system each time I've tried using it. These things matter in this day and age.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMercedes-Benz-AMG-C63

If I could give 0 stars I would. Very disgusting from suncorp

I had a accident with my car which I was at fault it's been 2months and 6 days and still dealing with the claim. They are doing investigation on me. Why? I really don't know. Is because they think I'm a fraud or trying to do something stupid I'm not sure? . I've provided all information that they have asked which I have nothing to hide. I've been interviewed with a corporate investigator aswell. Now they are doing a forensic analyst on my car.. Why am I being targeted for I have no idea?. I have no criminal history or anything. Still dealing with this claim. Accidents do happen and I'm constantly going forward and back with the investigation team. This is very poor from there behalf And I'm the one who is dealing with all the headache . Do not get insurance with suncorp.

Car ModelFord Mondeo
Claim DateFebruary 2019

The customer does NOT come first!

I have lifetime new for old cover for my 6 month old car. Major damage caused in recent hail storm. They refuse to honor the lifetime new for old. Twice now!! Repair time keeps being extended and now looking at possibly May before car is repaired!! I didn’t spend $40k for my car to be totally rebuilt. They’ve had it since December. Stayed loyal to Suncorp for 7 years. No advantage for loyalty these days. Policy is a joke.

Car ModelSubaru Forester
Claim DateDecember 2018

CTP CLAIMS - Customer service and understanding, a refreshing experience

Suncorp i just want to give your company in particular your ctp insurance claims section a 10/10. I am so so very touched by the actions of the Brisbane branch and i cannot express my gratitude enough. I know there are always negative stories about insurers but i just want to thank suncorp from the bottom of my heart and gibe credit where it is due. You have made something heartbreaking a little bit easier, it is appreciated beyond any words.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Insurance always has surprises and frustrations.

Our car was a write off due to another driver crossing the centre line and slamming into our car. The payout figure was paid within 10 days which was excellent.
However 2 points I was not aware of were. 1 when the car is a write off the insurance company hand in the plates and receive the refund in the registration. 2 Although we had UNLIMITED hire car the second they pay out they want the hire car back. From the time they officially told us the car was a write off to the time they paid out was a few days so you are left with no car. Just points to be aware of when buying any car insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks