Sunglass Hut

Amazing Service!!!!

I absolutely love Sunglass Hut!!! Every store I’ve been to has had the most amazing helpful staff. They aren’t pushy and ACTUALLY want to help you not just pressure you into buying. I’ve had a bit of everything including Prada, Rayban, Michael Kors and Tiffany. I’ve only ever had a minor issue with one pair and they were able to swap it over. So good! Highly recommend!!!!

I Wouldn't Go Anywhere Else!!!!!!

Staff were amazing, Service was amazing, Product is amazing!!! There's a lot of bad reviews on here but it kind of seems like people just want something for free. I've had actual warranty issues before and the staff were lovely and swapped it over for me, and I've had non warranty issues happen and I've happily paid the 50% to get a new pair. Wouldn't go anywhere else!!!!

Store LocationBrisbane

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible Customer Service. Tried to contact them at least 5 times with no response.
I returned a pair of Prada Sunglasses as per their returns policy and they refuse to give me my refund!
I will never shop there again, they are so rude and do not know the definition of 'Customer Service;'!

Nice staff!

Staff at the Garden City store were very kind and were able to help me with my sunglasses. I was covered by the warranty and got a new pair of glasses.

Store LocationWatertown

Sunglass Hut

Stuff at Burwood store refused to repair or replace a pair of $400 sunglasses, bought only 3 months ago (the arm was wobbly and then just fell off). But since I cotacted their head office, the manager there was very helpful and has since provided a replacement.

Store LocationBurwood

Can't get a replacement part

After approx. five months of purchasing an awesome pair of Oakley's one of the nose pads (the things that protect your nose) fell out and was lost. Sunglass Hut would not provide me with one and I was told to buy one from Oakleys, who also don't sell them.

Sunglass Hut's customer service team are disinterested in the fact that I basically cannot wear the sunnies. I am happy to buy the replacement part they have no interest in helping me.

Assured Quality FAIL!!!

I purchased a pair of Ray Bans for $250 in June 2018. On the first wear they slipped off and the frames broke. I visited the Booragoon WA store with the broken sunglasses and proof of purchase. Instore i was advised by the sales girl that there must be a weak point in the frames for them to have broken so easily. In my opinion, this situation qualifies for the 24mth replacement/refund policy but the sales girl only offered me the 50% off a second pair option. I declined the offer as $375 overall for a pair of basic Raybans is crap. I returned home, called the customer service line hoping for better service but was told again (in an incredibly rude manner), that my only option is the 50% off a replacement pair. I tried to dispute this but I could literally hear her eyes rolling on the other end of the line, she did not want to deal with me. I declared defeat and purchased a new pair of RayBans, this time with the aluminium frame (much more durable apparently) in September 2018 while they had their Spring promo on. In December, a screw in the frame has come loose and now the lense is nearly falling out of the frames. They are now unwearable. $505 spent and no sunglasses to show for it. After my first experience with Sunglass Hut and their "Assured Quality" trade in option...or lack thereof...i'm really wary of even approaching them about my latest issue. Such an unsatisfying experience.
Will not be recommending anyone shop here anytime soon.
Furious, frustrated and squinty as hell.

Hi K, Thanks for contacting Sunglass Hut. Please send us your order number and contact number and our customer care team will be in contact to assist with your sunglasses. Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass HutHi Charmaine, thank you for your message. I will send through all details to Customer Care. I hope to hear from someone soon to resolve this issue. Kat M

Disgraceful customer service

I’m having a disgraceful customer experience with this company. I returned a number of sunglasses as per the 30 day change of mind policy. For some reason they’ve only refunded one and are too incompetent to issue refunds for the others. I’ve called once and emailed twice and they still haven’t processed the refunds. Don’t bother advertising “free and easy returns” when they’re extremely difficult!

Hi David, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us your order number and we can investigate this for you? Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass Hut

Chadstone Service WOW on Boxing Day!!!

I went to Chadstone on Boxing day already not looking forward to it and really wanted some sunglasses that I wanted a few months ago. I noticed the line and thought nothing of it as everyone would probably have one on Boxing Day. Then within a few minutes everyone noticed the power had gone in certain stores and Sunglass Hut was one of them. I was near Chanel and they shut their doors which really concerned me if Sunglass ut was doing the same. But WOW! within seconds a lady come to each of us and told us what was happening and that the store will remain open, they could still process sales but could only have one customer per staff member as the store was dark. Then no joke within 3 min the same lady came around offering us all chocolates and apologising and hat it wouldn't be much longer. We all started chatting away and where so impressed and then we made our way in and all up 5 min wait. At this stage I didn't even notice the lights I was served by a very lovely man who went above and beyond, found me my pair and as I walked out the power came on which everyone started to cheer, even the customers. I was so impressed the way the team handled this and decided to write a review as I just got back from QLD and with no issues or one of the most crazy days in the year the store in Pac Fair and city was so different. No help and no care.

Hi Lucy, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Great to hear you had such an amazing experience in store and we can't wait to see you again :) Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass Hut

Worst experience ever

I bought a pair of versace sunglass in discount for 259 $. After 6 months the glasses start to flake. And now after a year and 3 months, I cannot wear it anymore.

Hi Faria, thanks for contacting Sunglass Hut. If your sunglasses are defective within 24 months of purchase, just bring them back to a Sunglass Hut store along with proof of purchase (ie: your receipt), and we'll replace them or give you a refund.Unfortunately, we don't offer spare parts or repair services. If it is not clear whether the fault is the result of a defect or misuse, it may be necessary for the item to be returned to the manufacturer for assessment to determine whether or not you are entitled to a replacement or refund. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass HutHi Charmaine, Thank you so much for your help. It seems that it was a manufacturer problem. so they weren't able to find the same pair for me, and I got a refund.Hi Faria, that's great. Unfortunately when that item is no longer in stock we aren't able to get a replacement. However I am sure we will have something similar if you are still looking for your perfect pair. Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass Hut

Rubbish product, no after care customer service.

Absolute rubbish and no after sales customer care. Do not shop there.
I bought a pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses duty free from Melbourne airport for $134.00. retail about $175.00. wore them for one week and arm snapped. Got back to Adelaide and went into sunglasses hut in Myer building. Told by [name removed] that no manager on and to go to Rundle Mall store where a manager was on. Went to Rundle Mall store was told no manager on and can't do anything to help. Went back to Myer building Sunglass Hut and was told by [name removed] that they broke because i had been wearing them on my head. Wow, I've had multiple sunglasses over the years which i have worn on my head and have never snapped. [name removed] smirked the whole time and at one time i thought she was going to start laughing her head off. She obviously thought it was hilarious that i had been ripped off. She refused to help in anyway and i had to ask her several times at what days her manager would be in store. She finally gave me some dates which are in the working week when I'm at work.
Will never shop there again. In the past have bought sunglasses from Myer for about $50.00 and had one pair replaced out of warranty for wear over the top of the rim.

Hi Susanne, thanks for contacting Sunglass Hut. I apologise for the experience you've had with us. Please know that your feedback has been forwarded on. If your sunglasses are defective within 24 months of purchase, just bring them back to a Sunglass Hut store along with proof of purchase (ie: your receipt), and we'll replace them or give you a refund.Unfortunately, we don't offer spare parts or repair services. If it is not clear whether the fault is the result of a defect or misuse, it may be necessary for the item to be returned to the manufacturer for assessment to determine whether or not you are entitled to a replacement or refund. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass HutThanks Charmaine, i have managed to get my sunglasses replaced, however i have had to pay $41.00 back in tax because I originally bought them duty free from Melbourne airport. I am relieved though that I have a pair of sunglasses now that fit properly and I can wear.

Never shopping anywhere else

My beautiful prada sunglasses I wore for almost a season broke. A critical piece broke. I had enjoyed them for so long I thought I had a slim chance of asking for a repair. I took them back to where I bought them (sungasshut) hoping for a repair. But alas a spare part nor replacement could not be found. I was offered a new pair of anything in store to the same value and my long term relationship with prada gave way to Maui Jim WOW. The water has never looked the same. It was so easy. My new glasses are amazing. I won’t buy anywhere else again. No reciept. I lost that ages ago. They had my details on file.

Hi Diana, Thanks so much for your lovely feedback :) Happy to help out! Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass Hut

Customer feedback

This feedback is for one of the great staff members from sunglass hut parramatta store the young lady’s name was Hannah who helped. This young lady had incredible customer service skills and made me have a wonderful experience where I did not want to leave the store my husband had to Force me out. The store was great but this worker truly worked from the heart. Made me feel so comfortable very hard to find people who can, make you feel so great. Thanks sunglass hut parramatta for the best experience and thanks to the young lady

Hi Sandy, Thanks so much for your lovely feedback :) We'll forward this feedback on to the store. Thanks, Charmaine @ Sunglass Hut

Did not open on time

I am sitting and waiting here to open sunglass hut it is 10:30 now and it was supposed to be open by 10:00. It's dfo south wharf location. I don't know if this outlet is even important but still giving it a thought that it's still closed. Hopefully the condition get better soon

Too much trouble to be helpful.

Today I visited, sunglass hut at Harbour Town, Gold Coast. There were 2 reasons for my visit, firstly, to ask about a repair for a pair of Prada sunglasses bought from another store and secondly, to purchase a pair of sunglasses. Upon entering the store with my husband we were warmly greeted, I produced my Prada sunglasses that needed a replacement nose pad. I was told to take them to the octomatists a few stores along. End of conversation. I got the impression the sales assistants wanted us to leave to store. However, I began trying on various sunglasses and was given an opinion by my husband, as to what suited best. I can honestly say that I have never been so utterly and contemptuously ignored before in any shop. I needed to ask the prices on a few pairs because they did not have any prices on them and that was the only help I was given. The older of the two assistants eventually became more friendly when I got my cash out to make my purchase. I have been a loyal customer for many years and this is the first time I’ve had shabby service.

Over charged

Glasses were $244.00. Got $50.00 off as a special. So cost me $194.00 found out they are $175 on sunglasses huts web site. I have contacted them with no responce. Can't be bothered driving back for $20.00 but will never buy from them again or recommend them.

2 phone calls, 2 emails, 2 weeks later & I’m still waiting!

Bought 2 pairs of sunglasses online & 2 seems to be the dreaded number...2 weeks ago, 2 phone calls later & 2 emails & I still don’t have the sunglasses.

They were happy to take payment same day but the only thing they keep asking, after I had to make contact due to the absence of delivery, was if I would still like the delivery??

Twice I’ve said yes & twice they’ve come back & stated there’s been a fault in their system & would I still like the items I’ve purchased? Seriously!?! 2 weeks later still waiting, despite the confirmation email stating 3-5 business days

Hi Jess, We appreciate your feedback and apologise for the delay in your order. Are you able to please send through your email and/or phone number via private message and I will escalate this issue? Kind Regards, Charmaine Sunglass Hut Team

Faulty Rayban Lens

On 11/1/2018 I purchased an expensive pair of Ray Bans ($239.15). Two weeks later I noticed a crack on the left side of the glasses near the screw/rim. I had been particularly careful with my glasses, keeping them in the case etc I returned to the Sunglasses Hut in Chadstone with my receipt and was told there was nothing they could do as I must have put pressure on the glasses and damaged them and all they could offer was 50% off the price of a new pair within the year of purchase . I was so disappointed but didn't think or know I could take it any further or look up Reviews on customer service here . So I continued to wear my glasses and last week the lens popped out as a screw fell off .So I went back to the same store and was told by a sales assistant that she would see if they had any replacement parts and proceeded to attempt to replace the screw. I was told for the first time that the lenses were plastic not glass too.She then said the hole was too big for the screw to fit into but had actually dropped the screw and told me to rather try an OPSM store as they may have the correct screw /parts as Sunglasses Hut don't have a repair service to send my glasses to. She, along with another store assistant also said that all they could offer was 50% off on a new pair.
I went to an independent optomotrist store who stock Ray Bans,and they said they could easily fix the glasses for a small fee but suggested we contact Luxxottica as we should be able to have the glasses repaired and should've done that in the first instance when they cracked after 2 weeks of wearing them as it was well within our warranty period.So that is my next step-!!
I have worn Raybans for 30 years with no complaints ,but after this experience I am not sure if I would purchase another pair!!
POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUNGLASSES HUT!!!!

$250 OAKLEY RUBBISH LASTED 4 WEEKS

Bought a pair of Oakley Sunglasses with "New Lightweight Wooden Frame" Lens popped in first week, found frame was not "New Lightweight Wooden Frame" as I was told but cheap plasticky rubbish. Lenses became scratched and cloudy when following best practice and storing them in the supplied Bag and cleaning with cotton wool balls. When I returned to Sunglass Hut, I was advised to use them for a year then buy a new pair at half price subsidised by Oakley. Honestly, my $8 safety glasses purchased from Bunnings on the way home a far superior. Never again..

Hi Bruce, We appreciate your feedback and apologise for the delay in your order. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Are you able to please send through your email and/or phone number via private message and I will escalate this issue? Kind Regards, Charmaine Sunglass Hut Teambruce.turner@westnet.com.au

Disappointing

Purchased some tinted blue Arnette Griptpe Sunglasses from Sunglass Hut, Highpoint West for my son @ $140, within a few days somehow they received a small scratch to the tint on the lens, he was very careful with them, went all the way back apparently they could not retint or repair the scratch, there was apparently no cover for accidental scratches, nor could provide any helpful service or advice as to how they could possibly scratch so easily, not happy. The only resolve was that I pay an extra $70 half of the price to obtain a brand new pair.

Hi Suzanne, We appreciate your feedback and apologise for the delay in your order. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Are you able to please send through your email and/or phone number via private message and I will escalate this issue? Kind Regards, Charmaine Sunglass Hut Team