Jackie

JackieHobart, TAS

Cruise cover

Our travel agent booked our travel insurance for our cruise though suresave we took the higher policy with zero excess. We missed 2 ports on our cruise. We joined a Facebook page before leaving on our cruise on our return a lot of fellow passengers were discusseing that they claimed between $50 and $100 per person per port unfortunately suresave does not cover this. And if we had of took insurance with one of these other companies we would have save between $20 to $30 dollars and would have able to claim missed ports. If cruising look around and compare

DestinationAustralia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo

Mark Phillips

Mark PhillipsQueensland

Going downhill past

I've used this company on and off for nearly 30 years. Their service is failing spectacularly at present. Instead of fixing my renewal with the correct policy (advised 3 weeks after being charged) they've spent 4 months delaying and not dealing with the problem. Now refusing to cancel the wrongly charged for policy.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimOther

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message to request some more information so I can look into this for you.

Mark B

Mark BIllawarra, NSW

Their policy seems to be "Deny Everything". Terrible company

My son broke his collarbone while snow skiing in Japan. Sure Save have continued to deny our claim. Each time we send through the relevant documents Sure Save find another reason for us to re-send the same documents and more reasons not to pay the claim.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message to gather some more details so I can escalate your claim.

Diannah J

Diannah JSouth East Queensland, QLD

No communication and lots of excuses from Suresave

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2018

Hi Dianna,
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message to gather some more details from you so I can look into it further.

Steven C

Steven CPerth, WA

No compassion, no service, unreliable .... watch out when claiming!

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

Hi Steven,
I'm very sorry to hear about your parents' experience. I'll send you a private message to gather some more details.

Worst experience ever

This is the first time I’ve used Sure Save and will never use them again. Injured my hip coming down a few stairs after staying at a hotel in London Victoria. Saw a private Specialist and emailed them 3 letters from him outlining the investigations and treatment needed. Initially they agreed to the MRI and follow up. However, they changed their mind and attempted to make me travel against medical advice. Obviously I refused. They never come back to you when they say they will. It’s now delayed my trip home and treatment. All they seem concerned about is the cost of scans and not treating the individual with dignity.

Heather

HeatherHobart, TAS

Poor company

Customer E.SureSave

Hi Heather, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I will send you a private message to gather your policy details so I can escalate your claim.

JackGold Coast

Read the 92 pages of the PDS prior to taking out the insurance.

Jack

I have received a response from cerebus today it appears they are going to pay most of the claim. I have heard nothing about a medical claim on the trip.

Jack

The claim has now been resolved with Sure Save We are still waiting for payment from Veuling Airlines for refund of fares etc from Palma to Barcelona.

merilynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible - don't touch them

Worst Claims Experience Ever

Be aware - should you make a claim there claims side Cerberus, will do everything in their power to frustrate you so you end up not bothering. They are incompetent and use delaying tactics to continually muck you around. I would suggest there are much better insurers you can use.

Tanya

TanyaKarratha

Still waiting for my claim to be finalised after 3 months

The support I received while in hospital over seas was A+ .. trying to claim the last of my medical and accommodation expenses since I’ve been back is terrible .. I send emails and keep receiving the same auto email back stating they will get back to me ...after posting on here this was resolved within 3 days thank you.

Insurance claim madeYes

Claim underpaid despite policy wording covering full claim

It has taken over a month and many phone calls and emails to finally have this settled. I bought a policy to cover my travel to Nepal, including trekking up to 6000m, unlimited medical costs and unlimited medical evacuation costs. After a severe medical episode I had to be airlifted by helicopter off a mountain and Sure Save deemed this as a cancellation fee and underpaid my claim by thousands. Having bought a policy with unlimited medical evacuation costs I felt this was fraudulent for Sure Save to initially underpay my claim. This has since been rectified but with no explanation, no apology. I have vented on social media, told friends/family and told the travel agent who recommended Sure Save of this ordeal. Will not use them again.

Jessica W.SureSave
Louj
Louj

I have responded

SophcMelbourne

Worse experience ever. I would give them no stars if I could

After more emails and confirmation explaining what happened over and over... they still can’t get it right.
I have never had such a bad experience with any company before. I’m still trying to get what I’m owed. They treat you like a lying criminal!

Sophc

The hospital and doctor costs from USA have not been finalised... so claim has not been finalised, even if you’ve handed it over to someone else

Alison D.SureSave

Hi Sophc, I can confirm the USA bills have been finalised as well.

Thanks,
Elenor

cathy

cathymelbourne

Hassle free claim

I had a fall and broke my arm two weeks before I was due to go overseas. The claiming process was very easy.
Nine days after receiving my claim they sent me an email stating that my claim was approved.
I travel often and from now on will only use this travel insurance, hopefully will never need to claim again.

SueDMelbourne

Terrible company, terrible service, terrible claim process. DO NOT USE!

Andy

AndyNewcastle

Good to know this is happening in the background

Good value
Nil excess option great in case
Didn't need to claim but happy with all
Will be using again on my next trips I am working on and happy to continue

Wally

WallySydney

A good policy.

Set up by travel agent. Everything was done over the phone, no trouble. I always have travel insurance when I travel. I would use SureSave again when I go cruising. Thanks,

Kim

KimMaitland NSW

Peace of Mind

We always take a policy out when we travel just to have 'holiday peace of mind' in the event something does in fact go wrong.
Our Travel Agent sets it all up for us, normally when we are making our booking, so it is not forgotten.
Touch wood, we have never had to make that dreaded phone call to Customer Support.
Our next two holidays are booked, and our SureSave Travel Insurance Policies are already in place!

Alison D.SureSave

Wouldn't leave town without travel insurance

The policy I purchased was relatively inexpensive - no doubt price was driven by destination and duration. Over the years I have had a number of Sure Save policies but have never had to claim so cannot comment on the aspect of Sure Save.

Alison D.SureSave

Hi CatherineOz, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it. Great to hear you found our policy to be competitive for your trip, always terrific to hear from a repeat customer!

Elenor, Customer Experience
www.suresave.com.au

A very reassurring product

It's great to know that if anything happens it will be taken care of. Policy was easily set up and whilst I didn't need to make a claim on this trip; on my last one I did and it was resolved well.

Port S.

Port S.asked

Live in Australia, about to go on a 7 day fishing trip, will be on the mothership each night, during the day going on smaller boats to fish rivers/creeks in the Kimberley. Have selected "Australian Waters". My question is, will this still cover us when we get off the vessel on dry land ?
E.g. Medical evac if required ?

Hi there,

Yes you would be covered for medical evacuation if you call our Emergency Assistance team.

Avr

Avrasked

I was about to purchase the ultimate cover for a Nepal Trek until I read Louj's review below. I am now seeking alternative quotes. Would you please explain why Sure Save took so long to settle his claim? Are there any hidden clauses that Sure Save uses to deny claims in circumstances described by Louj?

Jack

Any settlement is probably subject to the way the insurance company interprets the policy. As I stated earlier read the 92 pages of the PDS very carefully and think of all possibilities arising from that situation. If necessary obtain clarification in writing from the insurer.

Hi Avr,

Unfortunately this was a case of human error which resulted in the claim being underpaid. The customer alerted us to the error 2 days after the claim was settled, after which the claims officer immediately put in request to have this rectified. The full payment to the customer was processed within 5 working days as it needed to be approved by their supervisor and go through the payment process.

We understand that this is not an ideal situation and apologise sincerely to the customer that they had a negative experience. However please rest assured this was human error and not an issue with the coverage included in the customer's plan.

We hope you have an amazing time in Nepal!

Taffy

Taffyasked

Is the Age requirement, 80 . based on date cover taken out .age during travel. i.e turn 81 during travel

Alison D.SureSave

There’s no age-limit for our Comprehensive international and Domestic plans. However, if you are 81 or over, we will ask you some questions about your health and lifestyle at the time you buy your policy and then determine whether we will offer you cover and on what terms.

You will need to enter the age you are when you buy the policy. It does not matter if you have a birthday before departure or within the trip.

Get an answer from our members and SureSave representatives

SureSave Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

SureSave Travel Insurance - Annual Frequent Traveller

No reviews
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 787 3761300 787 3761300 787 3761300 787 376
Email Address info@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.auinfo@suresave.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNo
UnderwriterXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SEXL Insurance Company SE
Maximum Age Covered 111 years old76 years old111 years old76 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$10,000$10,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000Not IncludedNot Included$6,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of Income$2,000Not IncludedNot Included$10,400
Permanent Disability$12,500Not IncludedNot Included$12,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage $500 for over 12 hours$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card Fraud$2,000$1,000$2,000$250
Travel Documents / Passport $2,000UnlimitedNot Included$2,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)$4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)$4,000 (Laptops, Notebooks, Tablets, Cameras)$4,000 (laptops, notebooks, tablets, cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $12,000$3,000$4,000Included