Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Customer Portal

Just signed up with Tango Energy, very happy with the process good customer service and rates. As we have a solar system installed I monitor our power consumption and solar credit carefully. Very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional.

Electricity retailer par excellence

best company to have as your retail electricity seller. the best. they stick to what they promise. which is pretty big. No nonsense rates and fancy discount schemes that hide real costs. easy simple and the cheapest by long shot in the market. just go with them blindly dont even think about it.

Best Rates and Great Service

Got a call 4 months back to switch to Tango from their Sales rep and as he explained that their is no discount but great rates, that attracted me to listen him further. I got great solar buy back rates. Looking forward for Tango to offer Gas soon too. Recommended many of my mates and all of them are happy with the switch to Tango.

Great to be with Tango!

Very happy with Tango rates and services... Would recommend anyone...no one could beat there simple and great rates on the current market. No dramas with pay on time discounts and all.. simple.. Keep up the good service! Would love to collect Gas in future if they do provide..thank you Tango

ServicesElectricity

Good straight up energy provider, no bull

Been with Tango now for two years, nine months ago the bills stopped, fortunately I know about when they're all due, rang Tango and they said "oh we've sent it are you sure it's not in your junk folder" haven't got it I said, can you send it again. They did and I received this one OK, downside was it was due in 2 days, I asked for a week extension and was told I'd have to discuss this with their credit department. Bad customer service when I rang chasing a bill that I obviously didn't get! under the circumstances I would have thought an extra 7 days would have been fair particularily as we are aged pensioners. Tango suggested they change billing to another email address, I did and we are still getting our bills!! This tells me there was a glitch in their system.

Saving Money.

Have been using Tango for 8 months now,and have been saving about $30 a month,mainly because of off peak rates which Lumo did not offer me and said if I wanted them I should have asked.No discount pay on time gentle reminder if late,not often and can monitor usage daily,up front with information at sign up.

Basic Company Gets Job Done, But

When I first signed up the operator provided incorrect details on the plan. Since I was familiar with the proper plan I queried her, she corrected the information and thanked me. Months later I discovered all my contact details were not correctly entered. The web portal shows use and billing and site information, but neither shows nor allows updating personal details (eg phones, payment details) and how to update automatic payment details is not obvious. One way is via a payment screen that does an immediate payment; not sure if the support staff can do it for 'next time' since I have not had to change it yet. I find the customer facing 'online support systems' very basic. That being written the call-in support is there, rates are sharp, and I recommend them noting they are owned by a Chinese company where profits ultimately flow.

Pretty good

Been with Pacific Hydro now Tango for over two years now and no problems. Really good simple rates, small increase at end of contract period and local call center. connecting solar was easy and quick.

Really great service

So my meter number did not align correctly with the property (not Tango''s fault) and consequently I had connected the wrong meter. Tango corrected this and connected the power the same day, so it was excellent service. Thanks!

Once good now not good

I am an electricity customer who has been with this company since 2015. ( recommended to another paying customer as well). They have made mistakes--record keeping wrong---- and accusing me of failing to do something.. They -- just now ---had to admit they sent out nothing by mail and had my details re my plan wrong, and, when I was on the verge of changing to another company they offered a sweetener that i appreciated ....until i found out other companies offer this item for free---- so they offer me nothing to make up for the misery that they caused. I see ageism here as they would not listen staring at my birth date ---i wonder.

Rocky Start with Tango

We switched from DODO to Tango a few months ago, it has been a rocky journey so far. It seems every invoice they send me has an overdue amount, and they never send me the original bill. I pay all my bills on-time, Tango is the only company that consistently send me bills only when they are overdue. Hopefully it gets better from here, otherwise I'll probably switch to another company with more consistent billing. However if they do improve, I will amend my review to a higher rating.

ServicesElectricity

Good customer service, unbeatable rates, no problems at all

Tango is awesome as far as an energy provider goes. No lock in contract, good customer service, simple payment and billing procedures, the lot! We've been with Tango for a year and couldn't be happier.

ServicesElectricity

They have a low price that stays low

Some companies set a low price initially for electricity then it goes up fast. Tango haven't done that after a year or two. Their call centre based in Melbourne is good too.

ServicesElectricity

Great customer service and competitive rates

Signed up to Tango after getting gouged by globird and their bad service.

Sign up via phone only was fine with me and the customer service was excellent and was made very easy to swap over to Tango.

I was signed up to the Home eSelect plan which is cheap for me and my rates are locked in for 2 years, so no nasty price rises until that time is up which is great.

All my bills so far have been cheap so i could'nt be happier!
On direct debit which make things easy for me and bills are sent via email.

Tango have great customer service and their call centre is in Melbourne which is a bonus!

Would recommend Tango to anyone.

ServicesElectricity

Needs a website for signup

The signup is a little painful as it can't be done on a website. However, the customer service reps were very patient and eventually it got done. Very competitive pricing, bills are simple and clear, payment through Bpay no problems. Recommended.

ServicesElectricity

Awesome and no drama energy provider

Changed my energy provider from AGL. The rates are so competitive that I cant believe im paying soooo much lesser. Fixed rate for 2 yrs from the date you sign up. No surprises or unnecessary discounts. No drama. Got prompt reply and support whenever needed. Keep up with the good work!

So far so good

Competitive rates. Prompt and helpful responses to my email queries. All good so far.
For some unknown reason, despite their being the best deal I could find, the Victorian Government comparison website didn't list Tango as an option for me. Its only thanks to a family member I heard of them.

No nonsense, no bull****

No qualms here. Tango have been great to deal with, an absolute god send compared to other electricity companies. I wish they offered gas too!
No hesitation in recommending them to family and friends.

ServicesElectricity

Recently joined, good so far

Are electricity companies and retailers the work of the devil? Many, including me, would think so. Anyway, we recently switched to Tango Energy. Why?

1 .. Unlike nearly every other power retailer I contacted, the Tango representative actually answered my emailed questions by return email i.e. in writing. And the answers provided were actually relevant to the questions.
2 .. Even taking into account the sign-on bonuses etc of other companies (are you reading this AGL and Powershop) the Tango rates, and consequently our 5 Day TOU electricity bill, were significantly cheaper with Tango compared to the various other retailers.
3 .. The rates are supposedly (see later for why I use supposedly) fixed for 2 years and they provide a signed (by both their representative and myself) 'agreement' stipulating this.
4 .. There is no requirement to sign up for direct-debit.
5 .. There are no early exit fees or conditions.

So why not 5 stars?

In the Tango Energy Market Agreement and Disclosure statements there are the following clauses ..

3.2 Varying the charges
(a) We may vary the Charges at any time by notice to you. The notice may be by a message on
your bill.

Varying prices and charges
The tariff, fees and charges specified in the Electricity Plan may be varied, as outlined in the Market
Agreement Terms, including but not limited to where there is a change in the costs of supplying You
with electricity, or the actual cost is, or becomes, greater than the costs TE estimated they would be.

Event though the Tango representative stated that these are standard just-in-case clauses, I would interpret these as indicating that they could change the 'supposedly' fixed rates.
We'll cross that particular bridge if and when we come to it.

Easy to swap. Cheap rates

Swapped from a more expensive competitor on advice of vic govt compare website.
Rates are around 50% cheaper than my old retailers base rates(before their pay on time discount)
I now don’t have to worry about pay on time discounts as tango don’t have them.
Very easy to swap. A simple phone call and it was all done in about 10 mins.
Swap over took approx 15 days from call to connection.
Call centre is Geelong based, so no calls to India either.

ServicesElectricity

I note that one customer says "very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional" Being a future solar power customer and wanting to watch the useage etc, what does Barry mean? Does it mean you can't monitor it yet through Tango? Wendy
Hi Wendy, They have fixed that part of the portal so you can monitor you power usage and the amount of solar that you feed back into the system. They probably have the best customer service you are likely to come across, most helpful. They are a no frills company with very competitive rates.

does tango provide gas connection as well?
Hi Pret, Not sure I did read on a Google search that they will at some stage. The best thing is to give them a ring o 1800 010 648, the good thing about this is they are in Victoria, not some far flung country who knows where.Hi pret they don’t have a gas connection at the moment. I just moved to globird energy which I found the cheapest and had a good rating on product review give them a call till tango sort it out and come in the gas marketThe switch on site from Victorian government is very good at this if you want an impartial list of retailers and plans

Had never had problem with Tango for 2 years.