Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

Brand Manager for Tango Electricity? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
Tania G.
Tania G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money hungry!

unhappy
unhappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Australian owned

Was with Tango until prices went up then on questioning they advised they were owned by Pacific Hydro Australia which sounded ok but then found they are 100% Chinese owned. So went for Aussie owned

Mikey
MikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

*WARNING* Illegal Practices

Tenant moved out. Paid final bill and for electricity to be disconnected. Final invoice & proof of payment provided.
Electricity was disconnected.
Tango Energy now sending demand letters for electricity provided during the disconnection period.
There was no electricity provided (it was disconnected), nor was there any new contract.
Have contacted the Ombudsman was told they are breaking the law. Will submit all info to Ombudsman.

Dave
DaveNortheast, VIC

Price Increases !!!

I was reading an article saying how electricity prices have fallen during 2020, so I checked my Tango bill ... I nearly fell over .. they have put our price up from 26c/kw to 30c/kw (peak) and 13 to 20c/kw off peak !! That is 15% increase in the peak and 50% increase in the offpeak !

Judging by other comments here, this is how they operate, get you in low and then quietly increase price. I am so cranky, I am so sick of being ripped of by companies like this.

TimC
TimCCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No special promotion or lower rates for Time of Use

IF Tango wants cheaper rates for Single or Flex rates then , Please warning to Time of Use Tariff dont Join with them.... Tango is not Cheapest any more Thanks to Chinese company.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Nick R.
Nick R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another Chinese owned energy company.

Another Chinese owned energy company. Let keep Australian power & gas in Australian hands. Momentum, globird or red energy all the way. They increased their rates hugely last year making them more expensive than aussie ones anyone

Lisa M.
Lisa M.Western District, VIC

Outstanding Customer Service

After being a loyal Origin customer for 10+ years, I moved to Tango Energy based on great prices and good online reviews. From my first phonecall, to every phonecall subsequent, I have spoken to friendly professional, local staff who have taken time to listen and help. When my credit card number changed, they proactively telephoned me. When my tariff changed recently, they took the time to explain the reasons and talk me through my options. While they may not be the cheapest provider (although not far off), their customer service is outstanding and worth paying a little extra for.

Not a good system or customer service

As good as their electricity rates might be, the customer service is not good at all, they dont email ur invoices on time always delayed, i left and came back to tango, turns out they opened two accounts for me so i had to pay 2 “final bills” and they confused me so much.

Nurspc
Nurspc

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching

balrat
balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unexplained Price Hike!

I have been very happy with Tango - but the recent price increase in the the off-peak rate from 13.2c Kwh to17.82c Kwh - a whopping 34% increase, has left me bemused and annoyed. The supply charge and peak hour usage rates have increased but only marginally. Yet again I have to go through that tedious process of comparing suppliers - I would rather stick with Tango but inexplicable rate increases like this don't encourage loyalty!

ServicesElectricity
GOOSE
GOOSEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Expensive no solar discount

I changed my power from lumo to tango and had solar fitted before i went with tango put on my roof and was told it was all connected so i got my first quarter 3 months bill i was charged full bill more than lumo called ombudsman tango called but sent another bill with an extra $70 on it said new charges but does not say what for i said what about my solar they said was not connected but i sent the paper work with the date on it saying it was connected we have a smart meter why do i have solar power is not connected will never use Tango again

Amarjeet
AmarjeetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Too expensive

Worst experience with it!!! My bill is 3 times higher than last energy provider.
It is horrible experience with them it's better to find someone different energy provider. Customer
service is totally frustrating.

Truth teller
Truth tellerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BEWARE! Breach of privacy and credit practices!

Tango energy engages in ruthless and underhanded privacy violations where your Information is sold to third parties. They breach credit compliance practices and abusive privilege when you agree to their terms & conditions. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Rad W.
Rad W.Victoria

Sloppy and disorganised, they will cost you money

So I signed on for a monthly plan, my bill was issued 3 monthly, when i called to resolve this they told me it was fine, it never was. I called several times and still got the same response until i switched to another plan.

Now they have reissued a bill, okay fine. But at the same time they have issued a new bill, which includes the old bill, as well as inaccurate gst charge (concerning) that is too low. And their website says a different amount due for the reissued bill.
They are unprofessional, not worth the hassle at all. I will be paying the fee and jumping to somewhere else.

Deeman88
Deeman88Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the cheapest anymore but still very competitive rates

I was really happy with Pacific Hydro (Tango Electricity previous name) for the past few years until they changed to Tango, there was been constant rate rises and there was another one only a month ago. Pacific Hydro had 24 month contracts where you can guarantee there wouldn't be any price hikes during that time. But Tango Energy does month to month contracts so prices can go up at anytime but they let me know the month before about a rate rise which was nice of them to give me a heads up.

Read more reviews - page 2