Tango Electricity

• Rates and Fees
Lisa M.

Lisa M.Western District, VIC

Outstanding Customer Service

After being a loyal Origin customer for 10+ years, I moved to Tango Energy based on great prices and good online reviews. From my first phonecall, to every phonecall subsequent, I have spoken to friendly professional, local staff who have taken time to listen and help. When my credit card number changed, they proactively telephoned me. When my tariff changed recently, they took the time to explain the reasons and talk me through my options. While they may not be the cheapest provider (although not far off), their customer service is outstanding and worth paying a little extra for.

ServicesElectricity

Not a good system or customer service

As good as their electricity rates might be, the customer service is not good at all, they dont email ur invoices on time always delayed, i left and came back to tango, turns out they opened two accounts for me so i had to pay 2 “final bills” and they confused me so much.

Nurspc

Nurspc

Unexplained price increase!!

Price increased after 12 months by around 20-25% which from someone who pays 2.5-3k per year is huge. Rang up customer service and no one offered any deals and just didn't give a hoot (poor customer service). They basically wanted me to leave. So I will be switching

balrat

balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unexplained Price Hike!

I have been very happy with Tango - but the recent price increase in the the off-peak rate from 13.2c Kwh to17.82c Kwh - a whopping 34% increase, has left me bemused and annoyed. The supply charge and peak hour usage rates have increased but only marginally. Yet again I have to go through that tedious process of comparing suppliers - I would rather stick with Tango but inexplicable rate increases like this don't encourage loyalty!

GOOSE

GOOSEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Expensive no solar discount

I changed my power from lumo to tango and had solar fitted before i went with tango put on my roof and was told it was all connected so i got my first quarter 3 months bill i was charged full bill more than lumo called ombudsman tango called but sent another bill with an extra $70 on it said new charges but does not say what for i said what about my solar they said was not connected but i sent the paper work with the date on it saying it was connected we have a smart meter why do i have solar power is not connected will never use Tango again

Amarjeet

AmarjeetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Too expensive

Worst experience with it!!! My bill is 3 times higher than last energy provider.
It is horrible experience with them it's better to find someone different energy provider. Customer
service is totally frustrating.

Truth teller

Truth tellerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

BEWARE! Breach of privacy and credit practices!

Tango energy engages in ruthless and underhanded privacy violations where your Information is sold to third parties. They breach credit compliance practices and abusive privilege when you agree to their terms & conditions. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Rad W.

Rad W.Victoria

Sloppy and disorganised, they will cost you money

So I signed on for a monthly plan, my bill was issued 3 monthly, when i called to resolve this they told me it was fine, it never was. I called several times and still got the same response until i switched to another plan.

Now they have reissued a bill, okay fine. But at the same time they have issued a new bill, which includes the old bill, as well as inaccurate gst charge (concerning) that is too low. And their website says a different amount due for the reissued bill.
They are unprofessional, not worth the hassle at all. I will be paying the fee and jumping to somewhere else.

Deeman88

Deeman88Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the cheapest anymore but still very competitive rates

I was really happy with Pacific Hydro (Tango Electricity previous name) for the past few years until they changed to Tango, there was been constant rate rises and there was another one only a month ago. Pacific Hydro had 24 month contracts where you can guarantee there wouldn't be any price hikes during that time. But Tango Energy does month to month contracts so prices can go up at anytime but they let me know the month before about a rate rise which was nice of them to give me a heads up.

Rory McGinty

Rory McGintyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This Company is Chinese owned.

There are many Australian owned energy providers that should be considered before this one.
I have found Momentum energy really good to deal with & my energy bills are lower than the ones I’d get when I was with Origin.

MARIO

MARIOmelbourne

STAY AWAY....

STAY AWAY....The most unprofessional company I’ve ever had to deal with .
They could not give a .....
...TANGO if you want to continue losing more customers...keep Lisa employed with your company.

Aqib

AqibGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

probably the worst customer service experience i ever had in my life.
Every department give you misleading false information just to sell you high cost energy plan.
Cheap rates but if you ever have to interact with their customer support team then GOODLUCK!

G_S_S

G_S_S

Good rates, great service

Been with Tango for residential electricity in Vic for about 12 months having come across from a large market player. The switch process was easy, with good communication throughout.
Whilst larger providers have apps for payments, usage, etc, Tango has same functionality just via a web browser. The only improvement would be to allow viewing of hourly usage not just 24 hour periods.

Given electricity is electricity, the key is how do they respond if you have an issue. Well, my experience has been great. Had to contact them with an issue not caused by them and the service was faultless. Eased my concerns. I know this review sounds glowing but Tango seem to be pretty good so far.

Short Changed

Short ChangedGippsland, VIC

Price rise during corona virus?

Received Tango email ...14 days notice of price rise. Extremely inept decision to increase pricing in middle of shutdown /job losses /pandemic. But $$$ come first I guess. Shame. Clearly loyalty counts for little in today's world.

FONG

FONGAustralia

Great and simple rate

I have been using Tango for 2 years without price increase. Recently we received email advising the rate will increase but when we rang them up, they introduce another great plan to us. I would advise other customers try to check Tango website and tried to ring them up, they can always advise a very good rate. Don't stop using Tango by just receiving the rate increase email !!

Rosemary N

Rosemary NAU

Raise price exactly after one year for no reason

Switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my rate 25% during a very difficult time when we are all facing a pandemic. Disgusting behaviour. I will switch to another one.

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

From Rooster to Feather Duster

I switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my bill by 23%. There are cheaper retailers, so I'm switching.
This is similar behaviour to my previous electricity retailer.
Seems you have to switch retailers each year or less to avoid being ripped off.

standupforyrrights

standupforyrrightsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price Gouge

In Victoria, Tango Energy have this month increased our power rate from 17.85c to 25.74c. A clear 44% price gouge. When asked why they are now one of the middle to most expensive, from being cheapest, they cannot explain. Slow replies even after complaint thru EWOV ombudsman

paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Thayyil V