2Tango Energy

146 reviews · Statistics

34% · 5092 · 63%
Easy to switch to
No lock-in contracts
Customers not always notified of plan changes
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

MCC
MCCVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

credit dept staffs are no knowledgeable

I have received the confirmation of claim (fund assistance), and called the dept to settle the fund to my bill many times, the staff said will do it, but never done it. Do know what is wrong with the dept, seems very mess and staff can not do the work. Hopeless! Show details

Vvv
VvvVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

geelong
geelongVICSouthwest, VIC

Too many steps to move house, so cancelled

I had Gas with Tango and Elec with EA.
less than 1 min to move address with EA all online.
Tango.. no ability to use an app or website to move address, so had to call then protracted hold, then transferred then held in useless conversation, then told to wait for further voice transcript transition (to then likely start protracted set up with new address). Stuff that I cancelled the plan instead, signed up with EA (again online) - no issues/delays and EA price matched (better rates found on gov compare site). Show details
casper_juz
casper_juz23 posts

Closed my account, zero authority, then telling me they will disconnect even through transfer to new retailer happening

I initiated a transfer to new retailer for gas - Tango have stuffed it around so much - they closed the account then sent bill, 7 days later I get a letter telling me that they will start disconnection - my new retailer is slow in getting transfer done (but has 20 days) - compliant in for Tango - they called today - missed them because of work, called back - why are you calling over and over. Then they call back stating we have scheduled a call I ask for when - no it's just been scheduled for them to call you - what the vrap, a scheduled call means scheduled not just someones to do list. Show details
Tony D
Tony DAU35 posts

A shadow of what Tango used to be

I used to be a customer when Tango were competitive.

I recently got fooled believing Tango's radio adds about cheap electricity. I did a quote and Tango are so out of touch with electricity pricing it's pathetic.

Simply performing an energy comparison on the Vic government energy compare website. Results show Tango are no where near the first few pages of results. No one scrolls that deep into the results to see electricity prices that are a joke.

Lastly, you can thank Tango for the low solar FIT pricing we are seeing. They have been lobbying the essential services commission to lower FIT pricing for a while now.

Tango, what happened to you? Show details

hokianga
hokiangaVICGippsland, VIC69 posts

Disappointed with Tango since I changed to a different plan with them

I have been with Tango for around 10 months now and in July changed to a different plan with them. However, they continued to charge me at the old plan rate, I sent a number of emails 9/8/23, 29/8/23, 25/9/23 and then also rang them 26/9/23 the operator assured me it would be recitified. I have just checked my online account 9/10/23 to see that yet again they have issued a bill charging under the older more expensive plan. I have rung them again and they have apologised, said they would give me a fifty dollar credit, and the matter would be escalated. I will edit this review when the issue is resolved. Show details
Matt
MattVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor processes for solar install

We had a good run with Tango, until we installed solar. They really dropped the ball when it came to switching over (took 3 weeks for them to respond to our installer), and even when raising the issues they didn't seem to care or own any responsibility for their failure in the process. Goodbye Tango, we're gonna try Nectr who seem to have better energy rates and reviews! Show details
Manny A.
Manny A.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Tango is a Scam! Avoid

Scam Don't Go for their Gimmick of Low Prices. We made the mistake of getting into Tango Energy.We were changed Exuberantly High charges for last 2 months. We are Going back to Energy Australia. Good Bye Scammer Tango Show details
Dissatisfied
Dissatisfied2 posts

Beware, scam company

Tango is seemingly sending out scam correspondence at the moment, falsely advising consumers with different providers that Tango has infact been providing free electricity and their power will be shut off if they don't make an account with Tango and pay them. Avoid at all costs this company and this scam. Show details

Bill
BillAshfield30 posts

Wow! Just wow

Get the first bill and Tango trying to claim I've used 900kw in a single month (that's what I use per quarter ... in winter). Noted "estimated" reading for start reading. Called them. The customer service agent insisted I go and read my meter. I kept asking her "how does that address the estimated reading you used". She just dug her heels in. Have escalated this to the energy and water ombudsman. Tango is trash. Show details
Dina R
Dina RVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

After 1 year with them, they increased the cost drastically with nearly 200 bucks extra

My gas bill went from 400 something to 625, and even though I decided to opt out once I got the email of the price change( before imposing the new tariff), I still had to pay that price hike for 1 month before the new company took over as you have to wait for the meter reading. A total rip off! Show details
Anonymous.76212 posts

Mostly excellent experience with Tango for electricity & gas. I can't understand why there are so many bad reviews

* We had a mostly excellent experience with Tango for electricity & gas . I can not understand why there are so many bad reviews.
*Draw backs: Tango does not have very long opening hours, and can take a long time to answer your phone call, which could be a serious issue, if you are time poor, and you need to contact them.
* One year, they did not tell us our plan had ended, then charged us a higher rate, which was not meant to happen, but my experience with Tango has been mostly excellent.
* We have been charged low cost rates for gas and electricity. Show details
Truthsayer
TruthsayerNSWIllawarra, NSW13 posts

John H.
John H.VICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Once good, now they suck

I was getting 10.4 c/kwh
Today I get an email stating next month they're dropping it down to 6.7 c/kwh
Using the excuse that it's because the new minimum is 4.9c/kwh
Feed in tariff should be based on the wholesale price of electricity to make it fair.
After all, electricity suppliers also charge more for "green" plans. Show details
Kristina
KristinaNew South Wales3 posts

Julie
Julie

I am now with Tango and upon sign up the fact sheet gives a price for peak and controlled load, why don’t I get the controlled load price at all, why give a fact sheet with the peak and off peak prices. I’m not at all happy.

Anonymous.762

If you have an off peak on peak meter, you will be charged on peak off peak. ... Sorry, I cannot answer your question. Ask the Tango staff, please ring them.

Anonymous.762

Julie, If you have solar, off peak and on peak is usually the default plan, unless you tell them otherwise. You probably need to ring Tango to change to a cheaper plan.

Craig
Craig

How did they sign me up and cancel my existing provider - without my consent? Then when I emailed to cancel TANGO - I rec an auto reply saying they would get back to me in 5 days - then 2 weeks later they send me "welcome as a new customer" - almost impossible to get in contact with. Absolute cowboys.

bodo
bodo

What is the expiry date for the "Solar Saver"plan starting 17.10.22 ?

About Tango Energy

Launched in 2012, Tango Energy is an energy retailer servicing Victoria. The provider advertises itself as offering low-cost energy plans that support the Australian renewable energy industry.

Tango Energy is backed by Pacific Hydro Australia, an Australian renewable energy player. The company offers energy plans for residential, small business, and commercial and industrial energy plans. There aren’t any lock-in contracts for any of their plans.

The retailer also organises solar installations and solar energy plans. You can also take advantage of solar feed-in tariffs if your solar panels produce more energy than you use.

What have reviewers thought of Tango Energy so far?

Reviews of Tango Energy were mixed. Among positive reviews, reviewers liked the easy, smooth sign up process. They said that it was simple to switch from another provider.

Among negative reviews, some customers said that they weren’t kept in the loop with changes to their plan, with some saying they didn’t receive any notice when their billing cycle was changed from quarterly to monthly.

Customer service received mixed reviews, with some people saying they could get ahold of someone on the phone very quickly, and others saying that they had to go out of their way to get their questions answered.

CategoryEnergy Providers

Kleenheat
Energy Locals
Globird Energy
CovaU

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now