Tango Electricity

3.7

• Rates and Fees
Deeman88

Deeman88Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the cheapest anymore..

I was really happy with Pacific Hydro (Tango Electricity previous name) for the past few years until they changed to Tango, there was been constant price rises and there was another one only a month ago. If you cared for your customers, you would have a price freeze especially during these tough times. Pacific Hydro had 24 month contracts where you can guarantee there wouldn't be any price hikes during that time. But Tango Energy does month to month contracts so they can do whatever they want. I highly recommend you to shop around because choosing this company

Rory McGinty

Rory McGintyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This Company is Chinese owned.

There are many Australian owned energy providers that should be considered before this one.
I have found Momentum energy really good to deal with & my energy bills are lower than the ones I’d get when I was with Origin.

MARIO

MARIOmelbourne

STAY AWAY....

STAY AWAY....The most unprofessional company I’ve ever had to deal with .
They could not give a .....
...TANGO if you want to continue losing more customers...keep Lisa employed with your company.

Aqib

AqibGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

probably the worst customer service experience i ever had in my life.
Every department give you misleading false information just to sell you high cost energy plan.
Cheap rates but if you ever have to interact with their customer support team then GOODLUCK!

G_S_S

G_S_S

Good rates, great service

Been with Tango for residential electricity in Vic for about 12 months having come across from a large market player. The switch process was easy, with good communication throughout.
Whilst larger providers have apps for payments, usage, etc, Tango has same functionality just via a web browser. The only improvement would be to allow viewing of hourly usage not just 24 hour periods.

Given electricity is electricity, the key is how do they respond if you have an issue. Well, my experience has been great. Had to contact them with an issue not caused by them and the service was faultless. Eased my concerns. I know this review sounds glowing but Tango seem to be pretty good so far.

Short Changed

Short ChangedGippsland, VIC

Price rise during corona virus?

Received Tango email ...14 days notice of price rise. Extremely inept decision to increase pricing in middle of shutdown /job losses /pandemic. But $$$ come first I guess. Shame. Clearly loyalty counts for little in today's world.

FONG

FONGAustralia

Great and simple rate

I have been using Tango for 2 years without price increase. Recently we received email advising the rate will increase but when we rang them up, they introduce another great plan to us. I would advise other customers try to check Tango website and tried to ring them up, they can always advise a very good rate. Don't stop using Tango by just receiving the rate increase email !!

Rosemary N

Rosemary NAU

Raise price exactly after one year for no reason

Switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my rate 25% during a very difficult time when we are all facing a pandemic. Disgusting behaviour. I will switch to another one.

SilverGhost

SilverGhost

From Rooster to Feather Duster

I switched to Tango electricity a year ago. They've just sent me an email with new rates which would increase my bill by 23%. There are cheaper retailers, so I'm switching.
This is similar behaviour to my previous electricity retailer.
Seems you have to switch retailers each year or less to avoid being ripped off.

standupforyrrights

standupforyrrightsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Price Gouge

In Victoria, Tango Energy have this month increased our power rate from 17.85c to 25.74c. A clear 44% price gouge. When asked why they are now one of the middle to most expensive, from being cheapest, they cannot explain. Slow replies even after complaint thru EWOV ombudsman

paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Thayyil V

Thayyil VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Annoyed And Disappointed

Jonathan L.

Jonathan L.The Mallee, VIC

Great customer service, big savings on my bill

Very friendly staff helped me with my problems straight away, I have saved $200 on my first bill unlike AGL and power direct. Happy I joined Tango energy would definitely recommend them

Unhappy User

Unhappy UserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest Foreign Owned Electricity Supplier

Been a customer for nearly 3 years
Last Sept they sent an email advising of a 35% increase and said if we didn’t respond the increase would be enacted. I did not respond as silence does not mean consent in any contractual matter. They slipped the increase through last month. I have objected and their approach is to hide behind an agreement I never agreed to. Foreign owned so value leaves Aust. Go elsewhere .....I am

Oz

OzBraddon 2612, ACT

26 Minutes to Answer Phone. Do not bother with this business

Rented in Melbourne for 2 years.
Zero problems with sign up to new electricity service 2 years ago. Zero issues with supply.
Called to cancel today
26 minutes in call queue before I speak to actual person.
Not acceptable
Take your business elsewhere

Find out how Tango Electricity compares to other Energy Providers

Worst Industry - I was sold a service by Tango that cost me a lot more than my previous provider Momentum

Michael

MichaelAU

Very good company - much better than the major companies

Carmelo S.

Carmelo S.Victoria, Australia

No nonsense electricity

Cheapest electricity retailer. No nonsense with discounts or pay on time offers. Offers only one rate and it is the cheapest one out there. Great customer service over the phone and in my experience have been serviced by a customer representative in less then 10 minutes. Certainly will be going cross to them when the start offering gas.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Anonymous762

Anonymous762Victoria

My Experience with Tango is amazing so far. I have just signed up with them.

BarryVictoria, 3201

Customer Portal

Just signed up with Tango Energy, very happy with the process good customer service and rates. As we have a solar system installed I monitor our power consumption and solar credit carefully. Very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

JOHN B.

JOHN B.asked

when will you also supply gas to Victoria?

Helen

Helenasked

When were your rates last changed and when are they likely to change again

paul e

Hi Helen. The rates will increase. As mine now have. Tango are no longer cheap. They increase at the end of your term. I will now be moving to Elysian Energy. Rated 1, for price. I was going to be on about 21c kwh, incl gst, but can get that down to 19c kwh, with Elysian Energy. Just check Tango's current rates. You have to keep an eye on it, as it always changes.

Wendy

Wendyasked

I note that one customer says "very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional"
Being a future solar power customer and wanting to watch the useage etc, what does Barry mean? Does it mean you can't monitor it yet through Tango? Wendy

Hi Wendy,
They have fixed that part of the portal so you can monitor you power usage and the amount of solar that you feed back into the system. They probably have the best customer service you are likely to come across, most helpful. They are a no frills company with very competitive rates.