Tango Electricity

Tango Electricity

• Rates and Fees

paul eMELBOURNE

RATE INCREASE

I to have received an email with price increase notice. Not happy. They will lose me as a cust. I have already looked elsewhere, and have found cheaper rates. They are only cheap until the rate increase kicks in. They were cheap but not anymore. You have to stay on top of it, as who the cheapest is, is always changing. I refer to Canstar site, which is very good at listing the cheapest in order. I now see that Elysian Energy is now rated no 1, and they will be my new provider. Bye bye Tango.

Thayyil V

Thayyil VGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Annoyed And Disappointed

Jonathan L.

Jonathan L.The Mallee, VIC

Great customer service, big savings on my bill

Very friendly staff helped me with my problems straight away, I have saved $200 on my first bill unlike AGL and power direct. Happy I joined Tango energy would definitely recommend them

YIM

YIMAustralia

Excellent rate and customer services

We have been with Tango for 2 years. Couldn't be more happier. Rate is the cheapest in our eastern suburb. Customer services is great they respond to my enquiry on the day.

Unhappy User

Unhappy UserGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dishonest Foreign Owned Electricity Supplier

Been a customer for nearly 3 years
Last Sept they sent an email advising of a 35% increase and said if we didn’t respond the increase would be enacted. I did not respond as silence does not mean consent in any contractual matter. They slipped the increase through last month. I have objected and their approach is to hide behind an agreement I never agreed to. Foreign owned so value leaves Aust. Go elsewhere .....I am

Oz

OzPerth, WA

26 Minutes to Answer Phone. Do not bother with this business

Rented in Melbourne for 2 years.
Zero problems with sign up to new electricity service 2 years ago. Zero issues with supply.
Called to cancel today
26 minutes in call queue before I speak to actual person.
Not acceptable
Take your business elsewhere

ServicesElectricity

Worst Industry - I was sold a service by Tango that cost me a lot more than my previous provider Momentum

Michael

MichaelAU

Very good company - much better than the major companies

Carmelo S.

Carmelo S.Victoria, Australia

No nonsense electricity

Cheapest electricity retailer. No nonsense with discounts or pay on time offers. Offers only one rate and it is the cheapest one out there. Great customer service over the phone and in my experience have been serviced by a customer representative in less then 10 minutes. Certainly will be going cross to them when the start offering gas.

Anonymous762

Anonymous762Victoria

My Experience with Tango is amazing so far. I have just signed up with them.

My Experience with Tango is great so far. I have just signed up with them. I have not yet received a bill from them. The staff were polite, happy, considerate and kind to me on the phone. It was easy to join up. I found that there are usually long waiting times when you ring to speak with them, unless you ring in the morning. Tango have a low cost fixed 12 month contract. I found that Tango had better customer service and prices than Origin energy. I would like to see Tango develop more green plans to help the planet. I am not getting any type of reward for writing this review.

BarryVictoria, 3201

Customer Portal

Just signed up with Tango Energy, very happy with the process good customer service and rates. As we have a solar system installed I monitor our power consumption and solar credit carefully. Very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional.

Avi

AviMelbourne

Electricity retailer par excellence

best company to have as your retail electricity seller. the best. they stick to what they promise. which is pretty big. No nonsense rates and fancy discount schemes that hide real costs. easy simple and the cheapest by long shot in the market. just go with them blindly dont even think about it.

Faran Q.

Faran Q.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Rates and Great Service

Got a call 4 months back to switch to Tango from their Sales rep and as he explained that their is no discount but great rates, that attracted me to listen him further. I got great solar buy back rates. Looking forward for Tango to offer Gas soon too. Recommended many of my mates and all of them are happy with the switch to Tango.

Angelo39

Angelo39Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great to be with Tango!

Very happy with Tango rates and services... Would recommend anyone...no one could beat there simple and great rates on the current market. No dramas with pay on time discounts and all.. simple.. Keep up the good service! Would love to collect Gas in future if they do provide..thank you Tango

suziq

suziqBendigo

Good straight up energy provider, no bull

Jimb

JimbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Saving Money.

Have been using Tango for 8 months now,and have been saving about $30 a month,mainly because of off peak rates which Lumo did not offer me and said if I wanted them I should have asked.No discount pay on time gentle reminder if late,not often and can monitor usage daily,up front with information at sign up.

beebeegee

beebeegeeMelbourne, Vic

Basic Company Gets Job Done, But

Pretty good

Been with Pacific Hydro now Tango for over two years now and no problems. Really good simple rates, small increase at end of contract period and local call center. connecting solar was easy and quick.

phil C

phil CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really great service

So my meter number did not align correctly with the property (not Tango''s fault) and consequently I had connected the wrong meter. Tango corrected this and connected the power the same day, so it was excellent service. Thanks!

Brenn

Brenndont have facebook

Once good now not good

I am an electricity customer who has been with this company since 2015. ( recommended to another paying customer as well). They have made mistakes--record keeping wrong---- and accusing me of failing to do something.. They -- just now ---had to admit they sent out nothing by mail and had my details re my plan wrong, and, when I was on the verge of changing to another company they offered a sweetener that i appreciated ....until i found out other companies offer this item for free---- so they offer me nothing to make up for the misery that they caused. I see ageism here as they would not listen staring at my birth date ---i wonder.

JOHN B.

JOHN B.asked

when will you also supply gas to Victoria?

Helen

Helenasked

When were your rates last changed and when are they likely to change again

paul e

Hi Helen. The rates will increase. As mine now have. Tango are no longer cheap. They increase at the end of your term. I will now be moving to Elysian Energy. Rated 1, for price. I was going to be on about 21c kwh, incl gst, but can get that down to 19c kwh, with Elysian Energy. Just check Tango's current rates. You have to keep an eye on it, as it always changes.

Wendy

Wendyasked

I note that one customer says "very disappointed that there customer portal is not fully functional"
Being a future solar power customer and wanting to watch the useage etc, what does Barry mean? Does it mean you can't monitor it yet through Tango? Wendy

Hi Wendy,
They have fixed that part of the portal so you can monitor you power usage and the amount of solar that you feed back into the system. They probably have the best customer service you are likely to come across, most helpful. They are a no frills company with very competitive rates.

Get an answer from our members and Tango Electricity representatives