Techrific Australia

Techrific Australia

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (11)
Romil S.

Romil S.Sydney, NSW

NOT GENUINE

Don't trust this company they are fake. Ordered a phone in November still not dispatched and had mail them 20times but no reply.
Stay away from this company.

Disappointed customer

Disappointed customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves selling faulty goods

Purchased Samsung galaxy S9. Ex demo so expected it wouldn't be perfect.
6 months and 2 weeks later the earpiece stopped working and the battery stopped holding charge. Scumbags happily offered to charge me to fix it as it was out of warranty.
Spend double the money and get a new one - it will last longer than buying junk from these thieves

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S9
SSC

SSCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Deceptive Conduct! Listed as Digital Store on Kogan. BEWARE NEVER DO BUSINESS!

This company has a few businesses & ALL have been connected to DECEPTIVE CONDUCT & BREAKING CONSUMER LAW! They're well known as Digital Store Abn 82150976471 Laverton Vic 3028 on Kogan. BUYER BEWARE. They advertise as genuine brands but supply generic cheap rubbish brands.Their customer service is non existent & they make it difficult for you to get a refund. Kogan escalation team is also useless. Report this business to ACCC & Consumer Complaints so they'll be fined, lose merchant functions & close down.

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Techrific Australia compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Julie

Julie

MISLEADING

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 32GB
Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Unreliable and untrustworthy

I purchased 2 phones from mydeals through this supplier. One was posted on time the other took 3 weeks and was the wrong one. They then refused to come up with a suitable compromise and would only respond to emails once in 24 hrs as a way to delay. Would never deal with this company again and would suggest others look for better alternative.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 32GB
Christie

ChristieSydney, NSW

Faulty IPad

Hi purchased an iPad through the company about three months ago.

The battery doesn’t work so the iPad only works when it is plugged in. If the iPad is not plugged in works for a couple of minutes and then shuts down.

Apparently the iPad was a demo model in excellent condition ha ha!

I wish I had read these reviews before I purchased this item.

I’ve emailed them but after reading these reviews it seems unlikely that I will receive any assistance.

I could have paid another three hundred dollars and bought a brand new iPad that actually worked.

GamerBajanYT

GamerBajanYTSydney, NSW

Still unsure

I bought a demo iphone 8plus, it came with scratches on the back, very bad accessories the features included: apple headphones, and such but only came with the phone and a knock off apple charger. And the phone had 88% battery health My other iphone 6plus have been used for more than 3 years and still 100% battery health. And the phone freezes consistently after 3 days. But they replied to my email quickly, I am asking for a refund or a fix on the consistently freezing screen. I bought 5 years of warranty

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 Plus 256GB

Refused Warranty

Ordered a X demo iPhone 7 through Kogan. Was good for about two months. Then had major hardware issues which was confirmed by Apple Australia. Had written documents to confirm this fact. Because of a small crack in the screen they refused warranty. Went straight to Kogan and PayPal. And lots of emails later Kogan refunded our money. Never deal with his company.
Kogan should not deal with them either. Be Very wary Kogan is a platform for bad companies.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 128GB
Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerHunter Region, NSW

Terrible customer service...use another seller...do yourself a favour buy elsewhere!!!

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 64GB

Kleeee

KleeeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Customer Service Ever

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7
Ellie

EllieSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They operate under several names!

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Do not, under any circumstances by anything from this company!

Worst customer service I have ever encountered and the products are faulty and they are liars and each email contradicts the previous one! Have been emailing back and forth for nearly 3 months trying to sort out the issue and they are utterly USELESS!

Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy S8

Do not buy from this company

I bought two phones from this company. One phone had to go back for repair under warranty (at my expense). It took five weeks to return after complaining to zip-pay. When the product was finally returned, they'd sent it back with no sim and no case. This put me out of pocket not just for the month long plan I'd paid for, but also a new sim and new case. They won't give you any phone number for customer service and make every excuse not to answer direct questions like, where's my phone? When is my phone being returned? I can't begin to describe the painful process. Never ever again

Product Purchased2 phones
Clare M.

Clare M.Unincorporated, VIC

Do Not Buy From This Company

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 7 128GB

Techrific ALL GOOD

I just wanted to write a quick review because I was very impressed with the customer service , Replies and the product came on time and it's totally Perfect. I panicked when I saw those Google reviews but I was impressed and I got my NEW PHONE and it's ALL GOOD.

Luke

LukeWimmera, VIC

Better than my previous phone

Just received the Samsung S8 which I bought few days ago.
Everything looks good and as a demo phone it is in very good condition.

Very satisfied with the purchase, even better than my broken S8 I bought from Samsung a year ago.

Terrible experience

I ordered and paid for brand new Iphone 7 Plus, instead I've received damaged phone that looks dirty in a generic box. Took me over two weeks to send the phone back with more that a dozen emails to get my refund. They failed to provide me with any explanation on to why they sent me a damaged phone in the first place. Instead they tried to convince me to keep the phone and give me free accessories. I refused. I managed to buy a much better model brand new phone in the BOX from JB HIFI by just paying very little extra, more importantly, i have peace of mind. I do NOT recommend this company. You can't even call them, they have no phone number, you have no choice but to communicate with them via email!! only!! and good luck.

KAREN

KARENGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Happy

Great online shop, product was cheap, genuine and shipping time is alsi very good. My phone received within 2 days only. It still in very good condition.
Could not be happier.
Thank you.

Peter L

Peter LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great price

Just had an issue with the phone not working properly. I then contacted Techrific to verify that authenticity of the iPhone as I only purchased it late last year, which they confirmed everything and I can even take the phone to Apple, so I did. Apple assessed the phone and to my surprise they gave me a new replacement as it is under Apple warranty. Very pleased with the service and for the price paid which is less than most other retailers.
Very happy.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 8 64GB
CASEY

CASEYSydney, NSW

No dramas

Ordered an Samsung Galaxy S8 because my old S5 was at its last leg. Great service, no dramas at all.
Shipping status were updated promptly along the way and delivered safely with Australia Post.
Thinking of updating my partners phone in near future and will surely look for them again.

Sniff my soppy B.

Sniff my soppy B.asked

is this reliable

steve

NO! from all my experience ( and others I had contact with) with these scammers emails and endless stalling delay tactics. If you go ahead and buy from them and you did read all the posts? well its all on you.

Go read up on "Catchdeal too" They are the same mob also Google the name and read up on the ACCC enforcements and note the date stamps and then look at all the posts scene then! Notice anything?

You will just end up with a second hand old phone that some one else no longer wanted for that reason.

Google China refurbished phones! notice anything?

I won all my costs back through my Bank and legal challenge as they were never going to refund otherwise, and the best part I got a big QQ after my Bank did a charge back ROLF.

You will never get a Australian Brand name warranty with the phone as it is not a Australian model. You will be stuck with their so called useless warranty, meaning you will have to sort your own problem out LMFO. GOOD LUCK!!

Cliffton V.
Cliffton V.

Plz don’t buy from them do your self a favour and go somewhere else! You will be far more happy!

solraiderasked

sorry to ask this
but is catch deal same company
as catch...it's just odd
people complain about techriffic catch deal goes down then catch company selling from hong kong/china...anyone thinks its tcf in a different format...any help on this please

Ange
Ange

Techrific and catchdeals are both owned by the same man from Hong Kong, however, he resides in Australia. The accc has Placed an undertaking on his company. Techrific has traded since 2005, catchdeals since 2015, if you google Hendryk Wijaya (the owner) and accc or techrific you should find the accc court document .

solraider

sincere thank you ange for reply
..very much appreciated.

steve

Online electronics retailers, BXT International Ltd (BecexTech) and TCF Global Ltd (which operates Techrific and CatchDeal) have admitted to contravening the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and provided court-enforceable undertakings to the ACCC.

Nadine

Nadineasked

Hi all, my dad purchased a phone off these guys and it gave him an electric shock before falling apart. Long story short we have been to NCAT and won but they havent paid up, we are considering lodging with Victorian courts and sending a sheriff to enforce the order from NSw but tgis will cost a bit of money (around $300) has anyone done this and been successful? Is it worth spending more money on this?

steve

They are in China, good luck as they violate Australian consumer law and I have seen your problem before. In Australia it is illegal to sell electrical goods that were put into the rubbish cause of potential problems like yours. Buying second hand electrical items from overseas is full of issues. One is dose the item meet Australian standards? short answer NO. To find this look for the Australian standards sticker on the electrical item, then you have your answer. Check the ACCC web sight and follow the links to these and more questions buying second hand electrical items from overseas!

steve

DOC]Brus Australia Pty Ltd, trading as 'Techrific' and Hendrik Wijaya ...

steve

For Australian network check this if and when you find an issue with these phones. As I did when it was not working. https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/Will-my-phone-work-in-Australia-carrier-network-frequencies

How can I find a trustworthy supplier? catchdeal / Techrific and all the other alias names by this mob scammers matches this post so well. They will never pay you as Australian law has no jurisdiction in CHINA. The sheriff is not going to travel to China. They have no address location here in Australia where they are here in person.

Get an answer from our members and Techrific Australia representatives