Ted's Cameras

Great service, fast delivery!

The person on live chat was very helpful and answered all my questions
Ordered on the weekend, picked up in store on Monday
Fast friendly service, and the lens comes with an Australian warranty

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Excellent service at the Camberwell store!!!

I bought a camera last year, and it got damaged by water. I went to the Camberwell (Melbourne) shop where I had bought the camera, and received very good advice on a new camera. I purchased it, but after using it for a day I decided this was not the best fit for my needs,. I went back, and the person in charge at Camberwell (I think his name was Frank) made all the arrangement so that I could exchange it for another one. I found this truly outstanding. All staff in this shop are consistently welcoming and helpful.

Such helpful staff!

As newbies to the camera game, we really appreciated the time taken by staff to explain various equipment to us. They were very knowledgeable and listened carefully to all our questions. We are delighted with the camera we purchased and have been so pleased with the photo quality on recent outings

Wonderful store

Beautiful showroom, easy to navigate, with friendly & helpful staff. All up, an extremely pleasant shopping experience that I have no hesitation recommending to anyone else. Well done, folks - I'll be back.

Extremely happy

Very quick from ordering to getting it in the mail and a very reasonable price, extremely happy with both online and In shop experience and they gave some great money saving advice

Product PurchasedCannon camera Accessories

Best customer service, good prices

Went in December last year to purchase a lens, staff were very helpful and even saved me money by mentioning the Tourist Refund Scheme for an overseas trip I had at the time. I always buy my photo prints from Ted's, they do a really good job for a good price with Club Ted discount

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Great sales team and friendly, knowledgeable service

I bought a Fujifilm X100F and was very impressed by the service Ted's provided. The sales team is really knowledgeable and provided great service. They know cameras and know photography, and were able to discuss many options for my camera.

Product PurchasedFujifilm X100F

Professional friendly service.

I dealt with Teds for insurance replacement equipment. The process was handled With complete transparency. The store in the Brisbane CBD had everything in stock and it was great to take it all home on the day.

Amazing service and Friendly staff

I have brought a couple of big purchases from teds over the years I have always been able to get a great deal and the staff are super knowledgable and can help with anything

Disappointed

Bad service , they treated me like i am not paying LOL will never back . I dont mind to walk far to find other place . I came here coz so convienence location but OMG the service was so poor .

Hi Keneta, Our apologies for your in-store experience If you could let us know the details, we'd be happy to look into it for you web@teds.com.au

Never get a response

Their website says you can call them or submit online to have a trade-in quotes. I called them and was informed to submit it online or go to local stores (i wasted time calling them). I submitted online (took photos, add description and etc). I got a confirmation email. After 5 days of no response, I sent a follow up email, called them and was advised that someone will reply.... But never get a response at all. It has been a month.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Blueno, We're sorry to hear about your online experience If you can let us know your name and email, we'd be happy to look up your trade-in request for you

Perfect service

On the 11 April 2019 I sought help at Teds Highpoint to download some photos.
This proved very difficult because of my inadequate mobile but Natisah's patience and expertise made this possible. I walked out feeling grateful and very happy.
G. Swann

Pitt Street staff

Went into the Pitt street store, was ignored by all staff who did not greet me or ask if I needed help despite me hanging around the Nikon camera section for 20 minutes. Obviously I'm not there to stare at the cameras through the glass. Nobody came over despite there being several staff members who were free. It's like they don't want to make sales, I was absolutely ready to buy if I had been assisted with what I was looking for.

Hi AT, Our apologies for your in-store experience If you could let us know what time and date this occurred, we'd be happy to look into it for you web@teds.com.au

Still waiting for refund

Had to get a refund through my bank account. Was told I would receive it in 24 hours still waiting 3 days later I find this unacceptable as staff at Marion store lied to me.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Trevor, we apologise about your experience. Unfortunately due to the processing of some banks, it can take up to two weeks for the money to be received. We apologise about the miss communication. If you would like to tell us more about your experience, please contact our customer service team via web@teds.com.au

The best bag for cameras

On Saturday 15th September 2018 I bought a Manfrotto NX Bodypack Sling Bag Navy for $49.95 from the Camberwell Store so I can protect my Panasonic HC-VX985 4K Video Camera from being dropped, scratched and scraped.

Zero ... that’s it

Abysmal. That’s the best I say. To say I am appalled is an understatement. The sexual innuendo just makes me ill. Staff sniggering. Was it my accent? If i wanted that type of abuse, well I didn’t.

Hi Annie, Our apologies for your in-store experience If you could let us know the details and where this happened, we'd be happy to look into it for you web@teds.com.auWhat .... after 3 months??? I think you are wasting my time.Hi Annie, we do appologise about the delay. We would like to look into this further for you. Please contact us on web@teds.com.au, we promise to make a more speedy response to you.

Useless customer service and sales team

Let's be honest, if you work in the online customer service section of TEDS. How hard is it to do your only job and reply to enquiries? Obviously the employees find it hard of because they don't reply.

Message 1, 2 & 3 - Same copied and pasted message asking for an approx release date for the Sony a6400 as I leave for holiday in 2 weeks and wanted to purchase for the trip.

> A week goes by after sending above 3 copied and pasted questions off the online chat form.

Message 4 sent at 11PM - "Could you possibly reply to my last message or is too hard for you, should I call someone who knows how to do their job"

> Finally get reply at 8:30AM next morning answering my question with Sony's possible ETA.

Legit, was that 14 word email that hard to send that I had to email you 3 times then again asking you to actually reply? No, it wasn't. How do you hire someone so incompetent? Do you just run interviews and make sure you choose the most useless applicant knowing your management role isn't in danger?

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Andrew, Our apologies for your online experience If you could let us know your email address and the date this occured, we'd be happy to look into it for you web@teds.com.au

Do not purchase from Ted’s online!

If you don’t have the stock, don’t process the order!! I was not told online that the items I needed were out of stock yet you took my payment instead of letting me get what I needed from another stockist. I was told it would be ready to pick up in store within 2 days and only after I sent an enquiry was I sent a text saying it will be 7-10 days. I needed those items for a job hence opting to pickup in store. I could’ve got it quicker from Canon myself. I value my professionalism and now I will look like the incompetent one with my client.
Absolutely appalling.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Blast, Our apologies for your in-store experience If you could let us know your order number, we'd be happy to look into it for you web@teds.com.au

One on one training with Tim at Chadstone

I have just bought an updated camera with the help of Tim at Chadstone. I decided I would like some one on one training as there were many more features to this canon GX1. I went into chadstone today to get some fabulous tips to help me improve my skills. I met with Tim who was fantastic and so helpful. I highly recommend having a session.

DO NOT use the Online store

I wish that I had read the other negative reviews before placing my order. Unfortunately, I placed an order and paid for a lens on the 19 December. As it had not arrived by 1 Jan, I sent a message, only to be told that they are out of stock (Thanks Ted - Not a good idea to take a customers money if you don't have stock - in case you didn't know. Please fix your system.)

Hi Paul, Sorry for the mix-up with your order. We are currently updating our stock system to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future If you need any further assistance with your order, we'd be happy to help web@teds.com.au