Telstra Mobile

Telstra Mobile

Katie
KatieCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible service thats progressively worse!

2 years ago they switched my phones and lost my data. 5 days/8 reps, major stuffed around. Accepted tablet plan, rejected phone. 20 years of 2Xplans. Great credit rating. AVOID!

Alex L.
Alex L.South East Queensland, QLD

Used deception to move my plan to higher one and refused to cancel contract even though I never agreed to it

Telstra called me saying I "Had to" move over to the NBN but that it wasn't going to effect my plan or payments and everything would stay the same. Next minute, new plan and much higher bill. Asked numerous times for proof that I had agreed to this and they couldn't show me anything but refused to reduce my bills or revert me to my previous plan. Gave up after spending hours and hours on the phone to somebody on the other side of the world who couldn't give a rats about me, my internet or my finances. So strange there is such a disconnect between the adverts you see and the real service you receive . Funny thing is, they don't care about yours or my opinion's and are happy to break the law thinking they are above it. Go elsewhere!

Terrible customer service, Want to force a Disabled person to go to store to fix a Billing problem created by there App

Tried to change our plan via there APP as requested. Changed 1 phone and not the other, Now they are billing excess data charges, 7 hours on the phone in total over 2 days, transferred 6 times and the last person told me that we need a new sim card. Twice I was told that the only way they could help was for me to travel into a Telstra store. This would involve a 2 hour trip each way, in my current state that would not be feasible. Still no resolution.

Balance
BalanceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

if I could rate lower I would!!

Telstra is appalling!! who are these people, are they running a business??
0 customer service, 8 months of pain and it still isnt over, I have a complaints manager and connection manager and apparently my NBN connection is being fast tracked!! I would hate to see the service if it wasnt fast tracked.
Being a business this is wasting my time and the phone being cut off is a massive interruption to my business and detremental as clients think we have closed .
I cant express how frustrating this is, and no resolution in sight!
go with any other provider!!

J costello
J costelloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Billing

Telstra now debits your bank acc no bill they send an invoice so new phone you must make payment to up front then monthly but no bill they just take from your acc you can’t pay with the cards you want to pay with even with acc they debit not like before everything in one bill now multiple invoices no warning you have to remember the day money comes out they took my money and sent invoice after the fact

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
John L.
John L.

Stay clear from this company

Such a great company, highly recommend these clowns, I cancelled my contract, return phone, they owe me $604.95, and they are still taking out the $104 monthly fee, bloody criminals

JENNIFER
JENNIFERSouth East Queensland, QLD

Revolting company. Don’t Believe The Gold Member Hype!!!!!!

Gold member via prepaid- spent over $5000 in 2020 alone, going through extreme financial distress as of late- single mother, flood affected home, income reduced due to this, you ask Telstra for some help and compassion to help with data so I can work and homeschool, it’s like taking blood from a stone- spent 19 HOURS on chat one day just to receive 30GB, they acted like I was asking for their first born! No compassion or empathy for a very long term customer, well over 15 years of handing over hundreds of thousands of dollars and to be told to “go somewhere else” if I don’t want their business is appalling. Choose any company but this one! You’ve been warned!

wayne
wayneperth

Terrible customer service

Had an NBN installation booked for this morning 0800 - 12 PM

Rang Telstra customer service at 1045 and was told they tech would be contacting me shortly.

Received a text at 1125 cancelling the appointment and rescheduled for 6 days later!

Rang Telstra customer services, spoke to someone called 'Addi' who was most unhelpful and rude, refused to escalate this and refused to put me through to his supervisor. He just wanted to blame 'the NBN company'. Understand this Addi, I pay Telstra not the NBN company, it is up to YOU to follow it up with them.

So a day booked off work for no reason, now I have to book another with possibly the same outcome.

This really isn't good enough.

Mel B.
Mel B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst why is customer experience so terrible.

Needed a simple business to personal account change. Filled in the paper work two months ago didn't hear anything. Went back to the store filled in the change of ownership paper work again. Telstra called me to say the forms were to investigate whether I had an existing personal Telstra account and since I don't only the store can change it. There was a box on the form that asked me that. Did you really need a whole form to investigate?? The store knew that I didn't have an existing personal account so why the run around. Worst experience ever. So glad I won't be a Telstra customer after this. Going with circle telco instead. I encourage everyone to look elsewhere.

Poor OVER RESOURCED WITH AI

testra with the AI when calling i super annoying my 18gb data consumed on a thin air when i call the help line the AI answers taking me in circles....can we please speak to an agent straight away when we call

Bert
BertIllawarra, NSW

Telstra Shop in Mittagong NSW

Last week I arranged to have my land line disconnected and my communication requirements changed to
Wireless Broadband.
Micheal at the Mittagong Telstra Shop arranged this for me in a very professional and pleasant manner. The transition from land line to Telstra Mobile Broadband works perfectly for me.

Its good to have a new Telstra Tower in our village of Bundanoon and a Telstra shop in Mittagong to help Telstra customers.

Bert.

Mingsho N.
Mingsho N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service. Don't expect anything

- Worst customer service compared to Vodafone or optus
- After being unable to explain properly of a resolution regarding account transfer, they asked me to use the chat bot in their website.

Kieran
KieranSydney, NSW

Telstra Change of Ownership

Katie
KatieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Telstra disconnection as billing stuck in the past

My sister's phone has just been disconnected, without warning, because Telstra cannot email her a bill and insist business bills must be sent by snail mail. It's 2021 and all our other utility bills and things of importance are sent to us by email. It is very ironic coming from a telecommunications company that they can't seem use their own system to send an SMS or email to customers if a bill is overdue! She's a doctor and needs the phone reconnected immediately.

CDM
CDM

The worst customer service in the world.

The ONLY reason to be on Telstra is if you absolutely need the coverage as I do. Otherwise they should be avoided at all costs. Even if their plans were free they would still be too expensive given the absolutely appalling customer service. Unfortunately I have been a Telstra customer for about 20 years. I have tried other networks however sadly they just don't have the coverage I need. I cannot emphasise enough how absolutely pathetic and hopeless their customer service is. NOTHING ever gets resolved. Even the simplest of tasks like a plan change takes days of messaging and multiple phone calls and they still get it wrong.