ADSL, NBN, Cable, Mobile Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (167) · No (341)

Fahad Y

Fahad YAU

Disgraceful Customer Service

I have never been happy with the service and decided to move away from Telstra. Unfortunately I had a credit of $42 which I have been asking for a refund for months and Telstra never did the refund. I had to make an Ombudsman complaint around this behavior. I truly believe they will be holding money for many customers like me to make sure they have good numbers for their EOFY reports. Being a public listed company this is such a shameful act and must be investigated

Bruce A.

Bruce A.Sydney, NSW

Good Service

Mark M.

Mark M.AU

Review

Been with Telstra nbn since 2015 good so far we use tp link deco for our internet speeds are good and fast download speeds are good and uploading speeds are slow but okay
Had a few dropouts on iPhone 12 Pro since we use a Tp link deco Unit

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Telstra Broadband (BigPond) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Narender S.

Narender S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not worth the money. Customer service is horrible and has no idea whats happening and what to do.

We have been with telstra for years now. Every time we have had an issue its been a disaster from customer service point of view . This time, Our internet has been down for 6 days and we have been told to do every troubleshooting under the sun for hours only to later tell us that our service is barred due to non payment ( which is not the case ) . We have been asked to wait 2 hr to resume the services ( repeatedly) but it hasnt solved. Time to switch to a different hopefully abetter provider ( all due to their unprofessional customer service ) . Being one of the major telecommunications in the country, they could have easily afford a call center in Australia.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgraceful

A car has crashed into our house ripping out wires no landline no internet Telstra says NBN issue NBN says Telstra's issue. The people of the property are elderly and don't have a mob pH.. their landline is all they have .it's day 4 and still no pH no way of making and receiving calls . No way of calling for help .
Seriously if the electrician plumber water gas maintenace attended why can't a telecommunications company attend.
Just pathetic service

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
andymaladonis

andymaladonis

unstable connection

Horrible NBN service.. keeps dropping out ..My old ADSL service was 100 times better even though the speeds were more slower....It took them 4 weeks to send a modem....should of went with another provider that has better reviews.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Tobi

TobiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Telstra refuse to cancel the service at our old address.

anm

anm

Unsolicited plan change

wade

wadeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unstable internet, unstable router and cannot find a human in Telstra for help

Service is terrible

Constant dropouts. This week I have spent more than 20 hours communicating with Telstra if you can call it communication. There is no personal connection and no one refers to the previous notes - I get asked the same questions and get told to do the same things all with the assurance that they will fix it. On Friday they put a stability module on my profile and “guaranteed” it would not dropout. Needless to say the guarantee was as good as their service - useless. Today I have been communicating for 7 hours and at least 4 different people.

Jenna

Jennamelbourne

Slow NBN

My Telstra NBN connection varies. Over the past week my UpLoad Speed varies - 18.5 / 7.6 / 18.5 and my Down Load Speed varies - 7.9 / 1.1 / 6.7 After having phoned Telstra which went to an overseas call centre I had no real assistance. Sometimes the modem simply switches off. I have had to make a complaint to the Telecommunications Department which I did last week. I have had no contact from Telstra since that complaint. I now find in order to have Fibre to the home I have to pay a substanial fee to see if they can perform that task.

KTP

KTPSydney, NSW

Seems to be impossible to get through over the phone

Trying to get a quote for a new connection in a rural part of nsw is impossible, believe it or not …
… caling Telstra on 132200 and get to the sales department does not work (anymore), instead Telstra pushes you to use their online portal, pretending they have sent you a link, which they did not … total customer turn off.
Looks like they do not need any business anymore?

Adequate SpeedsNo
wintergiles

wintergiles

a physical embodiment of failure

- can't solve problems
- can't refund
- over bills
- randomly bills you for devices you don't own
- trips over it's own feet when doing anything
- wastes more time than their service is worth
- vastly inferior to two paper cups tied together with string, and having two people on either end yelling "Zero" and "One" at each other.

Connection TypeI don't know
Josie D.

Josie D.

Terrible customer service/ Billing Practices

Marci

MarciSydney, NSW

I had better internet with dial up... After 40 years I'm walking away from Telstra

Adrienne

Adrienneasked

Mobile Broadband

Could people here who have moved from Telstra to another provider, please indicate which provider you have moved to ? Due to NBN copper issues, I want to go 5G, but am absolutely terrified of Telstra. Thanks in advance.

02tet

02tetasked

Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Today received 4 calls from “Telstra Technical Support”, all Indians, all major call centres as evidenced by the background noise, all wanting access to my computer for various reasons, all giving employee numbers when asked, and all bogus. These are major call centres bases in India whose business model is scamming Australians out of their money. They go so far as to give out their phone number to call to check their employee number. To try and call a real Telstra number to check will take 20 minutes minimum, assuming you get through at all. It’s been going on for years and Telstra in my opinion is complicit by allowing it to continue and do nothing about it. How many more Australians will be scammed by these criminal enterprises while Telstra sits by with their thumb up their bum is anyone’s guess. Maybe some of the corporate bonuses should be skimmed off and given to the people that have been scammed out of their life savings. My question is why don’t Telstra and or NBN have a dedicated line that you can call to check an employee number without having to trawl through 20min of robocalls to talk to a real person? Even then unless you’re calling to sign up or buy something they’re from India or the Philippines . Pathetic, one of the reasons Telstra will never get my business and one reason why they have a rating of 1.7 out of 5

John N.

John N.asked

Mobile Broadband

Impossible to speak to a human being at Telstra. No help whatsoever.

See all Telstra Broadband (BigPond) questions

Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Compare all 6 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)
Standard Monthly Price $75.00$80.00$100.00
Typical Evening Download Speed 25.0 Mbps50.0 Mbps100.0 Mbps
Max Download Speed 25 Mbps50 Mbps100 Mbps
Max Upload Speed 5 Mbps20 Mbps20 Mbps
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNMobile Broadband
Packages AvailableBundleBundleBundle
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimitedUnlimited
Compare all 6 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Other Internet Service Providers