Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

NBN, Cable, 5G Home Internet (See All)
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Telstra? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Adequate Speeds Yes (165) · No (307)

Had enough
Had enoughCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Fed up with terrible service and the Telstra/NBN blame game

I have been a loyal Telstra customer for over 15 years. Since being switched to NBN my internet service has been terrible. Unreliable, constantly switching to 4G backup (which is often so slow that I can't download emails, let alone stream videos). Despite countless hours 'troubleshooting' and communicating with Telstra "support", not to mention at least 4 visits from NBN technicians, still no joy. Both parties blame the other - the latest from Telstra is that it is an NBN issue that isn't due to be fixed in my (capital city) location until November 2023. Doesn't stop Telstra continuing to bill me each month in the mean time. They've lost me as a customer.

Jesse
JesseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Long term Telstra customer

Overall service with Telstra has been good, however, their customer support and billing cycle service are often very poor. Not sure why you need to switch providers or make a complaint for Telstra to change their tune and correct billing issues within minutes. Should be a straight forward and easy process in the first place.

Will not connect to my Windows10 computer.

I signed up with telstra one month ago. They just send me the 2nd modem. Just like the 1st one it will not connect to my windows 10 laptop. The laptop has no problem connecting to wifi at work or anywhere.
Waiting times for tech help is never less than 40min. The tech guys have no answer. There are forums on the internet complaining about this problem. Telstra is clueless
The app is also of no help after days of typing and relying to there questions i for no solution the app is a waste of time. I'm now looking for another ISP provider. It takes far less time to get a new ISP than making one phone call to telstra.

Morticia
MorticiaIllawarra, NSW

Horrible company no compassion for customer

They are now saying all customers must pay by auto pay (direct debit) as it’s best for customer what rubbish more like best for company what about our older generation who like to pay bill as they can

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Telstra Broadband (BigPond) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Shar
Shar

NO support for decade long customers

kathleen.wesley.7
kathleen.wesley.7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I can live without Testra.

Terrible overall
Over-priced and very expensive
Slow
Unhelpful customer service staff.
Wait times of 4 hours +
Runaway as fast as you can
Just a money grab
Fat cats at the top they don't care about there customers

trash dont buy from telstra

Scam it's mostly around 1 mbps instead of 50 mbps don't give telstra your money customer service is also trash they sent us a smart modem because our internet wasn't working and as expected the new one was even worse. Screw telstra

Kaden
Kaden

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection
Nick W
Nick W

Very poor

WHD
WHDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless most times - keeps freezing!

Simply freezes on my Apple 12 mobile and can take 10-20 seconds before it recovers before freezing again!!! This happens at all times of the day, so related to peak office hours etc etc

Start DateDecember 2015

Demi-Lee M.
Demi-Lee M.Perth, WA

Business plan, constant drop outs, technicians never show

It was fine until you have issues - drop outs constantly our NBN is not usable for more than 10 minutes without dropping out, we have been on the phone 5+ times trouble shooting and scheduled a technician twice and they haven’t showed when I’ve waited home, said it’s due to no issue on their end so they cancelled coming but yet I’ve been through all trouble shooting with them and it’s unexplainable - we are moving provider when we pay top dollar on a business plan. Also promised call backs to cover our excess data on our phone plans due to hot spotting our business laptops to them and no return calls, always having to chase them up for hours at a time on the phone.

Kris Booth
Kris BoothMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusting customer service

Unable to contact yelstra at all. Tried using the app and goes well up until they tell you they will ring back. Tried using the chat and it doesnt work. Tried calling the local store in Elizabeth no answer. Absolutly disgusting considering its a telecomunivations company. Next stop the ombudsman.

Nick
Nick

Poor correspondence

Transferred our nbn to our new address after we checked and were told it was available on the 28/03/22, still no nbn but running the modem on 4g it is very intermittent and internet runs out then we must wait for it to reboot ,we are paying for a unlimited plan at a 50 speed wich we are nowhere getting , today spent at least five ours communicating with six so called colleagues wich could not understand that the nbn needs to connect our line, very poor communication between telsra colleagues

Rabs210
Rabs210Array

Worst company I’ve ever dealt with

After being forced to migrate from a perfectly functional cable internet service to NBN, Telstra sought to increase my fees and halve my connection speeds.

Then, without notice, they cancelled my internet connection during the NBN provisioning process. I’ve now been without connection for five days and been required to resubmit orders, even though my bill was fully paid.

Several phone calls and countless service messages to offshore teams and billing departments. The result? Limbo. Avoid this company if you value your sanity.

Chen L.
Chen L.Sydney, NSW

internet shut down

very bad service extremely bad service shut down my internet with paid bill?
Keep send me new bills and shut me down without nothing. Forcing me to get new contract with debit
I never miss bills. I have been use T for many years. I will never ever come back!

typical customer
typical customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

On going problem for months from sign up until now

Wrong information provided from the sign ups in regards to what service is available at my residence. It took a almost a month and dozen of calls to get internet going. I wish i could go to other provider but my location is only served by Telstra. And then they charge me hundreds of dollars extra in the first bill. I dispute the charge. seemingly sorted. but the next month those amount still come up as overdue. no apologies or compensation from them either. Avoid them if you can. they are not cheap either

Melissa
Melissaasked
Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

$60 per month plan but each monthly bill is coming in with an extra $5 added to it and making the bill $65 per month and then when you ring up to query it because it's not the right price they say, Oh guess what your eligible for a $5 a month discount ???? Does anyone else find this happening to their bills and does anyone else think they are hoping to get the extra $5 a month out of us and hope we wont contest it ?? Just curious.

Kent and M.asked
NBN

I've been with Telstra for years but I keep getting random dropouts (which they vehemently deny - apparently it is interference from my end). I would like to change to another provider. But will this fix the dropouts? or is it an NBN infrastructure issue?

Nathan
Nathan

Have you tried a new router one not provided Telstra ?

Kent and M.

No but it's a Good idea. Thanks for that.

Jane J.
Jane J.asked
Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Does Telstra have to let me know if they have exactly the same package as I am on but for a cheaper price?

Greg
Greg

I don't really know but somehow I doubt it.

See all Telstra Broadband (BigPond) questions

Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Compare all 7 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)
Standard Monthly Price $80.00$95.00$110.00$140.00
Typical Evening Download Speed 25Mbps50Mbps100Mbps250Mbps
Promotional Offer

3 months BINGE Standard subscription available to Telstra customers who are NEW to BINGE with a consumer post-paid mobile or home internet plan. Redeem by 30 June 2022. Must redeem via BINGE or on a Telstra TV. BINGE Standard monthly fees (currently $14/month) apply after offer period ends unless changed or cancelled. Requires internet and compatible device.

Get Device Protect (helps defend against cyber threats with access to the complete Security Suite from Trend Micro™) offer for first 2 months. Pay 10/month after the first 2 months offer. The Two months is redeemable ONCE per account. Available to NEW Telstra consumer post-paid mobile or internet customers. App download required.

12 months Disney+ is included when you sign up or another eligible new plan. Offer ends 28 March, redeem by 31 May. Roll onto month-to-month subscription, currently $11.99/month after 12 months. Cancel anytime. New and returning Disney+ subscribers only.

Max Upload Speed 5 Mbps20 Mbps20 Mbps25 Mbps
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBN
Packages AvailableBundleBundleBundleBundle
ContractSet PeriodSet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period
Data AllowanceUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Max Download Speed 25 Mbps50 Mbps100 Mbps250 Mbps
Compare all 7 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)