ADSL, NBN, Cable, Mobile Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (167) · No (339)

THD

THDSydney, NSW

Very Bad customer support,

Very Bad customer service.
Tried calling Telstra at least 10 times, but you always get directed to their apps.
I then decided that I wanted to cancel my connection with Telstra. Calling the 1300 doesn’t allow, keep getting directed to the apps which also don’t allow.

They are over relying on automated systems that have led me to have very bad customer experience.

Start DateJanuary 2019
POC

POCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Change-over to Telstra NBN connection

Been with Telstra for years on landline, cable connection & 3 mobile phones. Signed up to NBN through Telstra shop ... easy said the Telstra guy. Changed over the equipment & had problems .... rang the help line .... lady was absolutely useless .... eventually worked it out ourselves. Connection successful ... snike all round. 2 days later ... no internet connection ... easy phone Telstra for help. As if , 4 calls to help line ... 40 minutes wait time each time then eventually hung up .... disgusting. Even weirder some calls to Telstra gave message “Telstra having technical issues & phone another day”. Reminded me of the bad old Telstra from 20 years ago & early internet days .... hopeless.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJanuary 2021

Terrible Customer Service

Start DateJuly 2020
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Telstra Broadband (BigPond) compares to other Internet Service Providers

The worst technical support I've ever recieved

Been calling them a past month now, and they promised me to call me back multiple times, but they never did. I had to them multiple times and was put on hold for over multiple hours. I swear in my time spend holding was around 24 hrs. Furthermore, I have to repeat everything I've told the previous consultant every time I was on the phone.

Start DateNovember 2011
Hoomaan

HoomaanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst service ever!

I was with Telstra for 8 months,
- Service quality compared to the amount of money that we pay for it is terrible!
- After I end my contract they asked me to pay for Modem, which was not part of our contract and I had to send the hard copy of my contract to convince them I don't have to pay for it.
- They send me monthly bills even after I finish the contract!

Start DateJune 2020
Adequate SpeedsYes
Contract Type6-month contract

No service provided

no phone line or internet since December. Every call is taken by someone who cannot provide IT support. You are referred to someone "level 2" who never calls back promised

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
ahegazi

ahegaziSydney, NSW

Fees for no service

It took one hour waiting for someone to respond.
Then it took 3 hours texting to tell me to restart the mode.
At the end of three hours: here is your ticket number, we will be in touch soon. can I help you with something else?
Guess what, they increased the monthly fees too :D

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateMarch 2018
Vinnie

Vinnie Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad online service

Been given the run around for three weeks just trying to activate my upgrade from nbn25 to nbn50. Messaged with 5 diffeerent ppl so far and having to explain five times and promised each time the upgrade will be activated within 24 hours and that nothing happening for three weeks. Time to change provider.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateOctober 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Bob Warburton

Bob WarburtonMildura

Telstra Job Criteria

No mail box access for more than 5 weeks now. Lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman and some days alter got a phone call from "[name removed]" who hung up 10 seconds into the conversation. I would really love to see what the criteria is for getting a Job at Telstra especially middle and senior Management. Can only imagine that it would contain at least some of the following criteria: No Dymanic's ,unable to think for yourself, Ear's painted on your head, at the very least some minor form of mental impairment, ability to be Arrogant and rude, the ability to speak any language except English, and be resident in any 3rd world country. Seriously you have to wonder how these people even find their way to work each day.

Arslan Raza

Arslan RazaSydney, NSW

The worst customer support experience ever.

I was a telstra customer to around two years and there was not a single intances where my query would have been solved in a day or two. Its always numerous back to back calls to their support team (which I really think needs some serious training) and would successfully fail to resolve any issues.

I am done with this sh!77y service now.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Wolfy

WolfyCentral West, NSW

Disgraceful service with multiple lies.

Connection TypeWireless
Gibbo

GibboBywong

Telstra Webmail is hopeless

Start DateJanuary 2005
Ali

AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer service ever

The worst customer service ever, I've been trying to cancel my service since nearly one year; as I've moved from my old address, but i can't reach them by the phone or internet, and they still sending me bills !!! Why I've to pay bills when i don't use the service anymore ?? i don't know what to do really ...

Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Since being (No option) converted to Telstra NBN my service is 200% slower and continually DROPS OUT!!! maybe I should look elsewhere, Telstra NBN is an absolute nightmare, does the right hand know what the left hand is doing NO NO I am also located less than 200 mtrs from a Telstra Exchange

Start DateNovember 2020
ARV

ARVGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Go for telstra only if you DONT have any other provider in the area !!

Start DateDecember 2020

Im so over Telstra

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Never been through such a crap show

Let me be very clear when I say this, telstra is THE WORST ISP you could ever choose, been trying to fix our connection with the for over 3 weeks and they have no clue what they are doing, changing to a new ISP was quicker and easier than waiting for telstra to fix their screw up

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Customer service and internet speed

Telstra internet speed is terrible and also their customer service,
They used to be really good until early 2018 but they are the worst after that.
I have NBN 100 but most of the time my download speed is about 40 Mbps.
always trying to chat with Codi and it takes 6-7 hours to chat with a technician and they saying they will check everything and getting back to me about 2-3 hours, not happy at all.

Steve F.

Steve F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a joke

mhuddart

mhuddartSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would give no stars if I could

I have had days of speeds less than 1 Mbps and days of working with Telstra support. When you start to make progress on resolving the issue they then hand you off to a new person who starts the process from scratch. Today I started at 9am, it is now 8pm and I just got transferred to a new person who has started the process from the beginning again.

Start DateJuly 2018

Adrienne

Adrienneasked

Mobile Broadband

Could people here who have moved from Telstra to another provider, please indicate which provider you have moved to ? Due to NBN copper issues, I want to go 5G, but am absolutely terrified of Telstra. Thanks in advance.

02tet

02tetasked

Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Today received 4 calls from “Telstra Technical Support”, all Indians, all major call centres as evidenced by the background noise, all wanting access to my computer for various reasons, all giving employee numbers when asked, and all bogus. These are major call centres bases in India whose business model is scamming Australians out of their money. They go so far as to give out their phone number to call to check their employee number. To try and call a real Telstra number to check will take 20 minutes minimum, assuming you get through at all. It’s been going on for years and Telstra in my opinion is complicit by allowing it to continue and do nothing about it. How many more Australians will be scammed by these criminal enterprises while Telstra sits by with their thumb up their bum is anyone’s guess. Maybe some of the corporate bonuses should be skimmed off and given to the people that have been scammed out of their life savings. My question is why don’t Telstra and or NBN have a dedicated line that you can call to check an employee number without having to trawl through 20min of robocalls to talk to a real person? Even then unless you’re calling to sign up or buy something they’re from India or the Philippines . Pathetic, one of the reasons Telstra will never get my business and one reason why they have a rating of 1.7 out of 5

John N.

John N.asked

Mobile Broadband

Impossible to speak to a human being at Telstra. No help whatsoever.

Compare all 5 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)
Standard Monthly Price A$75.00A$90.00

Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimited
NBN Speed Tier 25/550/20
Max Download Speed 25 Mbps50 Mbps
Max Upload Speed 5 Mbps20 Mbps
Compare all 5 Telstra Broadband (BigPond)

Other Internet Service Providers