1.7

1,103 reviews
Blake Heath
Blake HeathAU9 posts
  NBN 50/20

Excellent Service For Many Years - Expensive Though And Lack of Loyalty Discounts

Fantastic reliability for many years on my FTTN connection. Speed is always faster than the minimum expected for my contract - even in the evenings. Telstra does not offer loyalty discounts, even for customers of decades standing like me. That is poor. I don't want points to buy things, I just want plain and simple discounts. However, from a reliability stand point, I'd give my FTTN connection 9.5/10 over many years now. I always turn off my modem during close thunderstorms and replace my modem about every two to three years for reliability of connection. Customer service is fine although I've rarely had to call. Show details
Samantha L.
Samantha L.
  NBN 100/20

Telstra is a terrible provider, don’t sign up!

Telstra is absolutely terrible with internet service and especially customer service. Their staff are not educated enough about general timeframes of getting a potential resolution. They have had my fault case open for 3 business days with no call back to let me know what’s going on and I have no internet, I was told 24 hours.
When you call back they say it’s been escalated to level 2 and there is nothing we can do. I even find their mobile reception is terrible and drops out too. I joined mid April and I’m leaving already.
Would not recommend them at all!!! Show details
Yu O.
Yu O.
  NBN 25/5

Bad quality of the Telstra service

Telstra has to be the worst provider of services. They booked me a technician three times and as soon as the booking was done they cancelled it. I called to seek technical support but four so-called technicians didn't solve my problem until I solved it myself. I said to the last one that it actually should be me to get paid for solving the technical issues, not him. If there is a zero to give, I'm more than happy to give it to Telstra! I'm considering leaving. [Yes, I have experienced dropouts for days] Show details
Hannah
HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD
  NBN 25/5

Unreliable service and horrible customer service

Absolutely the worst customer service I think I have ever experienced. My internet is unreliable and will frequently go into a "backup sim mode". This mode is slow and doesn't allow for continuous internet connection, meaning it does not support any operations required to work from home. When customer services and faults teams are contacted no one is able to help and I have been left in a constant cycle of online holds and unresponsive online texting teams. Just so poor, especially considering Telstra has just recently increased pricing for this service. I do not recommend this service to anyone. Show details
Alfred AA
A satisfied senior6 posts
Elvis L
Elvis LMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  NBN 250/25

Satisfied customer for superfast NBN tier

Yes, it is more expensive, BUT I've tried all the cheaper brands, and nothing compares to Tesltra's services. The only complaint to not get a 5-star review is the customer support. Very poor, just like everyone else in the telecommunications sector. Still, happy customer while the service works as advertised :) best speeds 270/25 approx. Show details
Anon
LeoSydney, NSW24 posts
Crouch123
Crouch123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Telstra is the best

I just changed from Dodo back to Telstra. The difference is irrefutable in terms of reliability, speed and performance. Whilst Telstra is more expensive compared to many of the other providers, you do get what you pay for. I don’t believe, having had a poor experience with budget providers due to frequent dropping out and very slow speeds even on a higher tier plan, that I will ever change from Telstra. Their communication seems to have improved since I last used their services as I got regular emails to confirm delivery of the router and to confirm when my connection was ready. The set up is also very easy, literally plug and play. I should have never left in the first place! Show details
Pidgie57 posts
  NBN

NBN upgrade experience

I registered for the free Telstra NBN upgrade fibre to the premises. Massive mistake. I have been left with no internet and after two hours on the phone with Telstra they can't fix it. The day started at 8am. It took 6 hours to install the NBN box followed by 2 hours of complaints to Telstra. No internet. Don't do it. You won't get the promised connection.
Pidgie

I have received a message from Telstra asking for $425 for the free upgrade.

lifebeinit
lifebeinitCentral Queensland, QLD4 posts
  NBN 100/20

Worst experience with Telstra and nbn

Trying to get nbn installed and up and running from Telstra and nbn service man what a circus absolute joke every person I spoke to was foreign and hard to understand in the end I got everything installed after a month of back and forth and in the end I gave up told them to stick it as it was all to hard as they kept calling and booking appointments to get the job done and it was already done two weeks before hand from the last foreign contractor they sent around as they had no idea what was going on so in the end I told them to stop calling and forget about the service I ordered and I will stay with adsl and find a different provider as they were all so unprofessional side show never again with Telstra or there nbn provider… Show details

Noelaw
Noelaw · NBN

Just transferred from FTTN to FTTP and received a new Telstra modem and purchased a $140 per month business package promising 100 download. Never get more than 50-70 and test day and night. Always get told it is working at Telstra end so what does anyong suggest. Just using a Dell desk top for my business.

Kent and M. · NBN

I've been with Telstra for years but I keep getting random dropouts (which they vehemently deny - apparently it is interference from my end). I would like to change to another provider. But will this fix the dropouts? or is it an NBN infrastructure issue?

Nathan
Nathan

Have you tried a new router one not provided Telstra ?

Kent and M.

No but it's a Good idea. Thanks for that.

Cma C.
Cma C. · NBN

Can you please give some information about telstra nbn package with connection charge.. how much have to pay to connect

Vashta
Vashta
tassie.on.mainland
tassie.on.mainland

I recently moved from Telstra to AussieBroadband. No regrets and first rate service and internet speed after 3 weeks.

Brad
Brad
See all Telstra Broadband NBN questions

Compare all Telstra Broadband (BigPond) listings
Standard Monthly Price $95$80$110
Typical Evening Download Speed 50Mbps25Mbps100Mbps
Promotional Offer

3 months BINGE Standard subscription available to Telstra customers who are NEW to BINGE with a consumer post-paid mobile or home internet plan. Redeem by 30 June 2022. Must redeem via BINGE or on a Telstra TV. BINGE Standard monthly fees (currently $14/month) apply after offer period ends unless changed or cancelled. Requires internet and compatible device.

Get Device Protect (helps defend against cyber threats with access to the complete Security Suite from Trend Micro™) offer for first 2 months. Pay 10/month after the first 2 months offer. The Two months is redeemable ONCE per account. Available to NEW Telstra consumer post-paid mobile or internet customers. App download required.

12 months Disney+ is included when you sign up or another eligible new plan. Offer ends 28 March, redeem by 31 May. Roll onto month-to-month subscription, currently $11.99/month after 12 months. Cancel anytime. New and returning Disney+ subscribers only.

Max Upload Speed 20 Mbps5 Mbps20 Mbps