1.4

1.5

Yu O.
Yu O.
  NBN 25/5

Bad quality of the Telstra service

Telstra has to be the worst provider of services. They booked me a technician three times and as soon as the booking was done they cancelled it. I called to seek technical support but four so-called technicians didn't solve my problem until I solved it myself. I said to the last one that it actually should be me to get paid for solving the technical issues, not him. If there is a zero to give, I'm more than happy to give it to Telstra! I'm considering leaving. [Yes, I have experienced dropouts for days] Show details
Hannah
HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD
  NBN 25/5

Unreliable service and horrible customer service

Absolutely the worst customer service I think I have ever experienced. My internet is unreliable and will frequently go into a "backup sim mode". This mode is slow and doesn't allow for continuous internet connection, meaning it does not support any operations required to work from home. When customer services and faults teams are contacted no one is able to help and I have been left in a constant cycle of online holds and unresponsive online texting teams. Just so poor, especially considering Telstra has just recently increased pricing for this service. I do not recommend this service to anyone. Show details
A satisfied senior
A satisfied senior6 posts
Chuckles
Chuckles13 posts
trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC458 posts
  Verified NBN 25/5

The best plan for NBN

On Friday 10th November 2023 I decided to go for the Basic $85 Plan so I could get unlimited calls and data because I wasn't happy with Optus outage on Wednesday 8th November 2023. Show details
Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts
Raf
RafSydney, NSW
  NBN 25/5

Customer service is a terrible experience

Unfortunately, we don't have a decent customer service anymore. We are paying for that and should be polite and trained to solve our problems, not to give us more stress and be rude.
They give the option to move to a better company that can provide better service. Show details
John Jones
John JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

NBN is Garbage with Telstra

NBN constantly cutting out, not connecting then the back up 4g was just as bad.

Would not suggest this product to anyone.

You pay for a service you expect that service to work. Show details

tebbusc
tebbuscSydney Surrounds, NSW

All good until it's not

No problems for 2 years but the past 4 months nothing but problems. Now out of the blue no NBN why because they canceled it. Supposed to cancel my wifi booster that I never received but they kept charging me for but instead canceled my NBN. Talking to customer support for over an hour before I gave up, they were trying to verify my account even though I provided my account number. Looks like they did me a favour. As it says in the header once you have a problem it's a problem for life. So like cancer cut it off and try someone else. Show details
CarlPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
  NBN 25/5

This is basically a scam

I’ve had to turn off my Wi-Fi from my phone just to write this review. This Internet is so bad.
This Internet won’t even run Netflix without pausing, and in peak hour, you won’t even be able to open a website. I’ve tried to make a complaint, however, the call centre is not open on weekends, it sends you a link to the MyTelstra app, which the Internet is not fast enough to open before it times out. Sign up to this if you want to experience the nostalgia of dial up Internet. If only I could give zero stars! Show details
Emm
EmmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts

Don’t go with Telstra

Don’t go with telstra it took them 4 months to connect to me to my home that had nbn installed already and i have had problems with internet dropping out and modem did a software update and for some reason and internet did not work i had to reset the telstra modem gen 2 to fix the problem too expensive and not worth it and i had signed up for 25/5 and now its changed to 25/4
And now i don’t receive payment receipts emailed to me like i did before and i only have 1 nbn phone socket and there are issues with the app and numbers that you ring on your home phone does not appear on the bill DONT GO WITH TELSTRA GO WITH Aussie Broadband they have much better service then telstra and better customer service and i have never had a issue with them Show details
dahemmi
dahemmiSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts
Not happy
Not happySydney, NSW
  NBN 25/5

They bill you even they don’t provide the service

Useless. Have been connected nbn since April 21 , service was not connected properly and I have been using 4G backup data . Called customer service multiple times and every time they asked me to reset modem , unplug cable, replyg cable. And I asked to get a refund and all they said was they would fix the technical issue and gave me refund. Nothing happened ! I am sick if this company. Show details
Mittie
Mittie

Not a fan

Internet is good customer service and everything else is terrible, Telstra wont listen and don't follow through with anything after chatting to them. I would not recommend and I will be using any other provider from now on... Show details
Garry
Garry2 posts
  Verified NBN 25/5

No questions yet. Read all questions about Telstra Broadband (BigPond).

Compare all Telstra Broadband (BigPond) listings
Standard Monthly Price $80$95$110
Typical Evening Download Speed 25Mbps50Mbps100Mbps
Promotional Offer

3 months BINGE Standard subscription available to Telstra customers who are NEW to BINGE with a consumer post-paid mobile or home internet plan. Redeem by 30 June 2022. Must redeem via BINGE or on a Telstra TV. BINGE Standard monthly fees (currently $14/month) apply after offer period ends unless changed or cancelled. Requires internet and compatible device.

Get Device Protect (helps defend against cyber threats with access to the complete Security Suite from Trend Micro™) offer for first 2 months. Pay 10/month after the first 2 months offer. The Two months is redeemable ONCE per account. Available to NEW Telstra consumer post-paid mobile or internet customers. App download required.

12 months Disney+ is included when you sign up or another eligible new plan. Offer ends 28 March, redeem by 31 May. Roll onto month-to-month subscription, currently $11.99/month after 12 months. Cancel anytime. New and returning Disney+ subscribers only.

Max Upload Speed 5 Mbps20 Mbps20 Mbps