The Bicycle Store

The Bicycle Store

bigdog

bigdogSydney, NSW

Don't believe the bad reviews

I tried to cancel my purchase of 4 tyres after reading the reviews, they were so bad. I even tried to get my bank to block the sale. Thank goodness none of my negative hopes were achieved. Within two working days Aust. Post contacted me saying they had picked up the parcel. It was delivered three days later. The goods were exactly what I ordered, and the correct quantity. Super service. My experience encourages me to recommend this company without any reservations. Try for yourself.

Sherridan

SherridanMelbourne

Fabulous.

Great company that I have made two purchases from. Superb timely service with fabulous products. Love their Cruzee balance bikes.

Glenn

GlennGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst company ever do not buy from them

Worst company ever, Do don’t buy from them they don’t read emails, bad customer service have no phone number and address and keep your postage costs after there mistake

Naomi

NaomiCentral Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed with the after care customer service

Great, prompt delivery, however I returned the product as it was not suitable. It was sent with a tracking number, showing It has been delivered and I sent multiple emails, with not even one response of acknowledgement. No refund as of yet on a big ticket Item. Very disappointed!

Not Recommended- Stay Away

Nick

NickSydney Surrounds, NSW

Zero communication after I got wrong product sent

Purchased a helmet and knee pads, and arrived in a respectable timeframe. However they sent me the wrong knee pads which are no good to me. No phone number to call to rectify the situation. Their website states they endeavour to reply to emails within 24 hours, but sometimes can take 48 hours. I have emailed them twice, and still no word from them after over a week. Not confident it will be any time soon after reading these reviews either. Will keep trying...frustrating!

Cruiser

Cruiser

Easy online order with quick delivery

I ordered a tyre & tube online & received it 5 days later interstate durin this pandemic. Can't complain about that kind of service. Well done.

Dud site

After lodging an order on an apparently professional site and paying... nothing happens. Then an apology and an offer that you can't accept. Avoid. I'm off to PayPal dispute resolution centre.

Dhanu

DhanuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer Service

1) 28th September - Placed an order for 2 tires via their website
2) 29th September - Didn't receive and invoice so I emailed them on . Then they send me an email with the invoice attached.
3) 30th September - Emailed them and asked when they will be able to ship my tires. They reply with generic email saying order has not left warehouse and are going to investigate the issue.
4) 3rd October - Still no response. So I raise a paypal dispute and ask for a refund.
5) 5th October - I get my money back via paypal. Also they respond that they don't have item in stock

Benjamin K.

Benjamin K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2nd review update

well well my items arrived 18/9 from placing order on 7/9 but missing 1 item yep now i have to follow up and play the email game. They've responded within 48hrs, requested photos of invoice and the product with the the missing item, so sent through just that but the invoice i took a photo of is the one from my account but thats not what they want they want, they want the one that came with the package, Ah sorry guys you never sent an invoice with the package that's 2 fails on you. Quite obviously a badly setup buisness and just poorly run, when it's over i'm done with this joint.

Very good service

After placing my first ever order with this site and not receiving an sipping update after 48hrs I searched for some reviews some of which as per them below do not paint such a great image of this business and I thigh WTH but I must say I flicked them and email they responded within a couple of hours with tracking info and goods arrived in a reasonable time frame given the current national delays due to covid restrictions exacerbating Aus post back log so my experience was very positive.

Website not updated, no return comms, no phone number to call

Placed order 2/9, they responded from a 'no reply' email address on the 3rd stating some shoes weren't available, all OK but I responded to their Gmail acc on the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of Sep and have heard nothing back, all for a $560 order. Two other shops I ordered from delivered two to three days later. Am still down $560 after raising a Paypal complaint and MasterCard dispute so now I cant get anything, will never use them again.

Ben

BenEyre Peninsula, SA

Very happy a job well done

I felt the need to add my review after placing an order and reading the reviews online I was a little skeptical about my order. This is what happened, placed the order on 8th September, shipping information received on the 9th September and kept updated until delivery which was the 14th of September (2 days were the weekend aswell). Overall very happy with the experience and the product was excellently priced, great quality, free shipping and received packaged very well for transit what more could you ask for.
I feel too much is focused on the negative these days so very happy to put a good news story out there.

Great service and would be happy to buy from again.

Products out of stock, not the best communication

Ordered an item and when i hadn't recieved any shipping info a week later i contacted them to see what was happening. Informed me that the item wasnt in stock and to pick another color, i did, which i was then informed a couple of days later was also out of stock. Not a big deal but communication could have been better and more accurate listings on website.

Troy

TroyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Caution on Click and collect service Carnegie

Called from outside store to arrange pick up at 1123 hrs. Advised could only pick up at 1145 hrs due to restrictions on customers is store. Process of clock collect was not explained. To note there were No customers in store at 1123 and were there any cars parked outside to suggest otherwise. I returned at 1145 only for staff member to walk to door and hand product to me. Completely unnecessary waste of everyone’s time.

Bluest Blue Box

Bluest Blue BoxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So bad! Read the reviews before you purchase!

Excellent customer service

Great customer service from Liz, insanely good prices, stocked up big time and even got a gift voucher included for store credit as a thank you for my patience. Will be shopping here again soon!

OllieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sent wrong product

bought a number of items. One was a lock. They sent the wrong one (cheaper one) as they didn't have the other in stock, didn't even bother to adjust the invoice and was charged for the more expensive one. I requested a return and refund. After 3 days a return "sticker" was emailed as they only offered a 30% refund if I kept the inferior lock. I packaged it at my own cost and broke isolation to return it on the day. I emailed them asking when my refund will be issued with no response. A number of emails have been sent so far and still no response.
Other items they sent were as advertised and what i ordered. Initial correspondence for advice was prompt and polite.
Maybe next time I'll ask advise from them then buy elsewhere.

Ollie

Edit. Refund and apology has now been made.

Scammed ! Would not recommended.

I bought a set of brake levers offthem(the shimano blr400s) and it’s been over a month now and I never got my item. They haven’t replied to my emails.. so unfortunate. They were $90 and they never refunded the money. I wouldn’t risk even attempting to purchase anything- there are other great Australia bike shops online.

L Ml

L MlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid at all costs

Orders take long, and customer service is terrible. They don’t even have a contact number for your queries. You want status updates or you want to cancel your order? You’ll have to wait for a week then before they read your emails. Better online shops are available. This store does not want your business.

Hayden F.

Hayden F.asked

I have just purchased a fox proframe mips helmet. I have just read the reviews and I was wondering if I willl I still receive it and if the product was actually still available.

Tom P.
Tom P.

Did you get it?

Greg Nasked

Hi.I purchased items over a week ago and there's been no shipping information supplied as yet.I got an email saying that they should have left,but the nothing else.I would like my items sent ASAP or a full unconditional refund.
How do I get this

Barry P.
Barry P.

Good luck, that is all I can say. The majority of my email went unanswered. That said I got an email today (five weeks later) saying shipped. My guess is that their stuff comes from overseas and hence the wait. You will get an Australai post notice when they ship. GL

Greg N

Thanks for filling me with confidence.

Ray F.asked

Not getting any response from them , how do i get my money back ? . Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Daniela
Daniela

I've also only had trouble with them. Sorry this has happened to you as well, mate.
All we can do is warn others of this awful business.

Ray F.

Update bicycle store & velogear have same address in breaside victoria .

Hi Ray, lodge formal complaints with ACCC, Fair Trading and depending on how you paid, request a refund or lodge a card dispute. They are full blown scammers and need to be shut down. If people keep just walking away because "it's too hard" they will continue to get away with this. I am taking them down!

CategoryOnline Shops and Bike Shops