The Book Depository

The Book Depository

Refine and Restore

Rachel C. Swanson's Refine and Restore is a must read. It is about being Refined and following a process of being totally Restored. Expressed tangibly through authenticity and brutal honesty, the author presents truths that encourage the reader to face challenges and be restored.

No books delivered

I ordered books worth over $400 and they have not arrived. It seems their response is a generic one, telling me to speak to the Post Office. Do not use them. I am no struggling to get a refund.

Randall K.

Randall K.South East Queensland, QLD

One of my favourite online bookstores

Still waiting for my purchase

Ethan.M

Ethan.MNortheast, VIC

My experience with book depository

Bad Service

ordered two books one arrived. Second one did not arrive. Sent them emails and still no replay.Will never order from this company again. Dont waste your money buy somewhere else.

Ubique

UbiqueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Takes order, waits a week, then cancels without reason

Lost my return and refused refund

I accidentally bought a CD audiobook from these con artists 2 months ago. I returned it 6 weeks ago. They are claiming they never received it and refusing a refund. I don’t believe they never received it - I think they’ve lost it.

So I spent $35 on a CD audio book I never wanted and can’t even play. I followed their instructions and sent back the item costing a further $10. They now claim they haven’t received it. I just don’t believe them. I will never buy from these guys again.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Got what I wanted

I didn't hear much about my order from Book Depository after a few days so thought I would check some reviews online. When I saw all the poor reviews on Product Review I thought I'd just wasted my money. But then I got an email saying it was on it's way and lo and behold there it was in my mailbox. So pretty satisfied since I got what I wanted.

Perfect, fast shipping, neatly packaged.

Great prices with an unlimited range of books. Extremely fast shipping to Australia with neat packaging. Good.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

customer service is close to non-existent

Ordered a book on the 6th of September, and it “was despatched” a day or two after. It has never arrived. Have made several, possibly close to ten attempts to contact them. I had received one reply, asking if the address was correct. I confirmed and have heard nothing back. I have since requested an Australia Post tracking number as my local depot has no record of a package arriving. There is no reply. I have now requested for a refund and vow never to use book Depository again.

They have been good in the past, but I am assuming a corporate structure has ruined a once great alternative to Amazon.

Maybe I might go back to buying from booktopia.

Anyway, look elsewhere for your books!

Helen

HelenSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

A great company to deal with.

Fantastic range of books to choose from at good prices.
I have ordered many times and have received the books promptly and always the correct books.
Couldn't find a better company.
Highly recommend.

Deborah

DeborahAlice Springs, NT

what a joke

ordered books for my grandsons birthday on the 17th of August. Nothing. Emailed several times nothing done very poor, dont waste your money with these guys! How can you expect to remain a viable business operating this way.

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

I ordered a box-set online and received it in a timely fashion. When I opened the books, I noticed on one of back pages of one of the books had a tear. I wasn't worried about this but thought I would contact them to give them a heads up in case it was a manufacturing issue and to be ware. The lady I communicated with via email was lovely and helpful. I sent them in a photo as requested and let them know I was just giving them a heads up. They ended up kindly sending me out a new set of books free of charge which also arrived quickly. I have and will continue to purchase from The Book Depository online and suggest them to my friends and fam.

Faith

Faith

This company sucks

I ordered a book, it's been a month and they still have not sent it to me yet. Not only has my book not been sent yet, but they did not even answer my email asking them why.

Bad customer Service - do not use

After paying for a book and waiting for a year they send my order to a wrong address and then ask me to wait for three months to refund my money, till book hopefully turns back!!! ??? Go to booktopia !

JulieGippsland, VIC

Do not use this company

Ordered 2 books August 15th, took 5 days to dispatch and still no delivery. 3 emails and 1 useless response. Now referred to Paypal and have to wait till 7th October !!

Julie

Today a refund has been issued, not sure if Paypal or this review prompted a response and action, but I'm grateful not to have lost my money.

Old guy

Old guy

Poor/not contactable service/does not accept order email address

When I put my order in I thought it was an Australian company. It appears to be owned now by Amazon who hit my card with an International fee. The item should have been 3 to 4 days delivery. It is now 9 days and NO contact can be made.

Julia

JuliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very slow delivery!

Purchased several books. Delivery estimated to be 5-7 days. Took nearly 4 weeks to arrive. When I contacted Book Depository for an explanation they advised I contact my "local delivery service".
I won't use them again.

P.Foley

P.FoleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Book not received and no help from the company about what will happen next.

Order a book and was advised that it was shipped on the 30th August. Still to receive it. It took 5 emails before they would even respond. They just wanted verification of the address I have given it to them three times but now the 14th September and no book and no answers. Looking at previous reviews it would appear that this is the disappointing standard of service from this company.