The Book Depository

The Book Depository

• Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Alison

AlisonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

6 weeks post ordering and still hasn't arrived

I ordered a book on 2 December and expected it by 17 December. It didn't arrive and I contacted them. They supposedly sent another one but it hasn't arrived either.

Terrible experience. No product received yet after 1.5 months

I placed an order on 29 November but did not receive it until today. More than 7 weeks! The customer service personnel refused to provide any help for tracking my order.

Brendon

BrendonPerth, WA

Horrendous

Order was placed through Amazon on 17 December. Order was due to arrive on 8 January. When checking the order status, the book hasn’t even been shipped. I wish I had of checked the reviews first!

TMarshall

TMarshallSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unacceptable delivery time

3 weeks to receive book shipped from Australia to Australia! Was meant to be an xmas gift but didn’t arrive in time so had to buy something else. Should have purchased from local store instead. Will never return to Book Depositary

TricaFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrible service, no product eventuated

I ordered a book that was alleged to be available in Australia. Fifteen working days later I enquired to find it was late coming from the UK. I never received it in time before the intended recipient left town to relocate, and when I suggested that a refund and a re-order of the book (for me to post forwards at my own expense) would be a suitable resolution was ignored.

Cazza

Cazza

Okay, but slow shipping

'Book Depository' isn't bad, just slow. I've had to wait 2-3 months at least four times. Aside from that though I've had all orders delivered even if they are late, so there's that.

Used to be good

Delivery and dispatch time is too slow now. Used to be a reliable service but Im still waiting on a Christmas order I placed in November. Customer service is appalling now too. Will not use again, plenty of other operators out there.

Lyoness

LyonessSydney, NSW

Not bad, but used to be much better.

Alissa

Alissa

Great books and customer service

I've only had good customer service from Book Depository. I agree, don't trust the time frames for deliver and I think they need to change these so customers don't get disappointed. I ordered 2 books for gifts and neither arrived for the occasions, despite allowing plenty of delivery time, Book depository helped me out when the orders didn't arrive.

Renata

RenataSydney, NSW

BEWARE - this place has turned shonky

Ordered six books for over A$200 on 6 November and they were, apparently, all shipped a few days later. Yet, only two arrived. When queried after four weeks, they first tried to pin it on me by suggesting that the address was wrong. When that does didn't fly, they suggested that the parcel was at the post office. When that turned out to be a dud, they suggested I should keep waiting for the order to arrive. When I requested a refund, they said they had resent the books. That was two weeks ago and, again, no delivery.
This place used to be good but has turned shonky. BEWARE.

Kitty

KittySydney Surrounds, NSW

HORRIBLE!!!!!!

Caroline

Caroline

Cancelled half order (first book of a series of 3) and refuses refund

Book depository the treatment off your customers is terrible. After a two week delay in dispatching my order despite an apparent 3 day dispatch time and no communication of this delay. They have sent two books of the three i ordered and cancelled the other order without my permission. The book they cancelled is the first book in the series of three... rending the other two books useless. Ive requested a full refund for all the books because i cant use the other two books without the first, they have refused and had the cheek to only offer me 10 percent off a future order. What about my almost 50 dollars?
The handling of my complaint has not been good and full of false promises and im still left without a christmas present for my daughter

Worst business I have encountered so far

Received multiple items that were damaged and had to send in a claim. They offer a small 20% discount to try save cost, however, just ask for your money back or a replacement and they will give it to you. This is because it is the law. Takes for ever for the books to arrive. I have also never wrote an online review of a company before since it is mostly a waste of time but I took the time to do it this time since I have never been so disappointed in my life.

Megs

Megs

Terrible

I ordered books for Christmas presents as it was stated on the website dispatch within Aus within 4 days.
It's now been 12 days I emailed BD for an update just to be told that they have none in stock and trying to find the books I ordered from another supplier? If I hadn't of emailed I would still be waiting hoping I'll receive the books I ordered prior to Christmas.
There customer service is terrible, they false advertise on there website.
Don't order from this online shop because you'll never receive your order.

Satisfactory

I ordered a book from the UK to Australia. While I was waiting, I read the reviews and was pretty skeptical about it being delivered on time, or rather, even being delivered at all. However, I got my book in 10 working days, though they had mentioned 5-8 working days.
The quality of the book and the customer service is great. On the eighth day, when I told them I hadn't received my book, they offered to send me a replacement copy, but fortunately I got my book on the tenth day. I would recommend this website if you are in no hurry to get your book.
Good luck ! :)

They lost my book. Australia Post went out of their way to help me find my book but BD didn't try and didn't care. They have my money. I have no book.

Dani H.

Dani H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not trust on the delivery time

Website say 5-8 days delivery. I have requested almost a month ago to have on time for my holidays and they just place the order today and of course is not gonna work for me :(
Poor customer service as well

Pisces

PiscesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

If you are from Australia and ordering from the UK, it takes about 5-8 days to have your books shipped to your after its dispatcheted. It has been way past that the 8 day mark and nothing has come to me. Dont bother ordering from..unless you like your money to go waste, then go right ahead ..

Pros : The availability of books
Cons : Shipping, delivery and customer service.

Overall rating : 0.5/10

RGM

RGM

Prices, delivery times and service are not great

The biggest issue with BD is that compared to Amazon or any other big player, they fail to deliver on any front. Orders take days and weeks to process, delivery itself is several weeks, so you could be waiting month or more to get your book. As prices are not the cheapest, there is no real reason to use BD - Amazon way better.

David Canberra

David CanberraCanberra

Poor quality control, slow customer service

I ordered an expensive book 2 months ago and it arrived in a damaged condition. It looked like used shop stock and plastic wrapped it because the cover was a bit ripped, but under plastic.
Since then Ive been following up, but they just say theyre processing their response to my complaint. Im about ready to claim on my credit card insurance.

I find it puzzling that its owned by amazon, who are usually OK. It puts me off the whole company.