Dhanveer Gill

Dhanveer GillPerth, WA

Not enough practical and Tutors are useless

I am doing Xero Certificate and advance course, there is lack of practical exercises and if you try to work on yourself. tutors are not really helpful, they want to know which part of course it is and they start reading the theory on relevant page(which I can do myself). I feel tutors don't have enough knowledge of software to become tutors.

Lauren C.

Lauren C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good if you learn best by theory

WitchyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

MYOB course

I completed the advanced MYOB course. It was very expensive for the level of support and notably, the lack of practical exercises. My biggest disappointment is that it cost $25 for a professional certificate. Yes you can print one out, (it looks cheap) however considering the cost of the course, a professional certificate should be posted out to you. I have never had to pay for quality printed certificate, diploma or degree at TAFE or University.

Witchy

You never gave an answer regarding the cost of the certificate - $25 each so for the advanced certificate MYOB it is $75. Has this changed or is your response just lip service?

The learning materials were perfectly made.

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Thank you so much for your awesome review Aniko - we would be very grateful if you can also please review us on TrustPiliot here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/evaluate/careeracademy.co.nz?stars=5

Aniko
Aniko

TrustPiliot review is done. :)

I Loved it!

I have just finished all the assignments to the Certificate in Accounting course. I loved the entire process and could not wait to start a new module every week. I found the course very easy to follow. I am excited to start the advanced certificate in Accounting. I know i'm going to love it!
Heidi

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Heidi - we would be very grateful if you can also please review us on TrustPiliot here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/evaluate/careeracademy.co.nz?stars=5

Sarah

SarahNew South Wales

Awful - not enough support

Never finished the course because the content didnt make any sense half the time, I was constantly having to google the answer or find information elsewhere because it was so poorly written, Takes at least 24h to get any kind of assistance and most of the time the response given wasn't even helpful and then it would take another 24h to get another response. How on earth am I meant to complete a course that doesn't make sense with no assistance. Extremly frustrated, and a huge waste of my money, absolutely wouldn't recommend

annie

annieADELAIDE

Looking forward to enrollment in new course

I was very happy with my experience with C.A. I had to extend course due to illness and tutors supportive during this time. Was disappointed to find out almost at completion that the course was no longer an Advanced Diploma...I realise other institutions also had to make changes in accreditation but would fee for course be the same

MichelleC

MichelleCIllawarra, NSW

MYOB course is amazing

I have just finished my test in MYOB and loved the course, modules easy to navigate through and the units were fantastic. The quizzes and exams were at the level I would expect thankyou.

Loved my AAT Bookkeeping Course so far

I am really enjoying my course so far. The modules are very understandable and the tutors are amazing. Eddie Callahan thank you so much for all the motivation you have given me so far. I look forward to many more modules to come.

My Experience with the MYOB AccountRight Bookkeeping Course

I enjoyed the course units and the assigned reading material for the MYOB AccountRight course but it must only have been an introduction as only basic tutoring was provided when there were obviously many more features involved in the trial software. (This was not clarified anywhere in the course, nor does the certificate on completion mention the level of competency.) I felt that I would have benefited greatly from more practical exercises to complete in the trial software we were given to use. There wasn't even a practical test at the end to see if we could reconcile the books successfully.

chris61c

chris61cHobart, TAS

Course syllabus was excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and the feedback from the tutor was great! The course I did was an Advanced Certificate in MYOB and the quizzes and exams were just right for that level of training Thanks Career Academy I will be back for more!

Payment Plan - Pathetic Communication

L Anderson

L AndersonGold coast

This is amazing

Very satisfied, I would love to do another course with career academy. As I learnt and finished my certificates in a short amount of time.

Zoe RihariSouth East Queensland, QLD

Apparently have debit in another country

Daniel H.The Career Academy

We are happy to advise, that this has now since been rectified, and Zoe is now enrolled with us here at the Career Academy, Thank you so much for your patience Zoe, and were happy we were able to resolve this issue.

The Career Academy Global.

Roofas01

Roofas01Rutherford

Xero Course

The course is quite hard to interpret as it is all online and no teaching as such. So is hard to grip hold of

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Hi Roofas01, Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Our tutors are always here to assist you, if there is any issues you may encounter, Please dont hesitate to utilize them as much as possible. Always here to help.

Really Good

The content of the course was really good and feedback from the tutors/assessors was really helpful. One thing I wasn't aware of prior to enrolling was that I would be required to download two software programs (free trial). Would 10/10 recommend anyone doing online courses. Definitely worth it!!! Can't hurt to give it a go people :)

(My course was the 'Advanced MYOB' Certification.)

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Thank you so much for your awesum feedback, Glad you got the student experience from our tutors. We wish you all the best.

Great way to learn!

I enjoyed my courses. They were easily set up and tasks were esily understand. I loved that you had write a lot about your own words, using your own experience and a same time it was challenging and interesting.
All included information and material was important and useful.
It is great way to fit studies with your busy life and same time feel the rewarding and ask help if needed.
Only thing that I also found and that is mentioned above, it took couple of days to get the grades or response when needed.
Over all 5+

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Lilly!

ROW

ROWBathurst

Maybe not for me.

Irene M

Irene MCaboolture

Not for everyone!

I love my course and would recommend it to people who want to make a difference to others, if they have some medical knowledge and academic writing experience.
If you need help you need to allow up to a week to get a reply, which I find quite disappointing at times. I have to agree with some students that the course content can be quite confronting for some beginners - I would suggest adding recommendations on some subject knowledge before doing the course if necessary for some.

Just under a month into my course and I'm really enjoying it.
Easy online access, comprehensive course material, prompt response from 'help team' not to mention such constructive and encouraging feedback on assessments.
I'm able to maintain my busy family and work life while studying. A bit of a mishap regarding payment plan setup, otherwise great experience so far and I'm looking forward to wonderful end results!

horsey

horseyasked

How successful are people when they have finish a course with Career Academy are they guaranteed a job and is Career Academy recognise in every Australian state?

Daniel H.The Career Academy

Thanks for your question Horsey. We recently ran a survey with our graduates and 83% of our graduates said that The Career Academy improved their prospects of getting a new job or promotion. Yes, our courses are recognised in Australia, and Internationally. Please phone us on 1800 837 550 and we can discuss this further with you now.

Augustine Lokea

Augustine Lokeaasked

At the end of the course I did " MYOB AccountRight"I was congratulated a certificate was issued. I had few messages and a link as well. The link was for some career group or association but I missed to join the group. Can that link be send to me again?

Hi Augustine,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Congratulations on completing your course, that's an amazing achievement, and you should be very proud.

I believe this is in regards to your free 12 month ICB Membership, I have forwarded this through to our Memberships team, they will register you and then send a confirmation email.

Please don't hesitate to contact us, if you need anything further.

Have a lovely day.

Sofia

Sofiaasked

Hi academy team,

I recently saw some reviews regarding about the diploma and I'm just confused... because before I enrolled into the diploma of psychology and counselling course I was told that this is a diploma but the reviews I've seen that they've said they didn't receive a diploma that they were told but instead they received an advance certificate. I would like to know the truth behind this because I wouldn't be happy if this happens to me also, I only enrolled into this course because I was told it is a diploma. I've also sent an email got no response back so called today about the issue but she couldn't solve the problem for me and said i will talk to the head office. I am very disappointed!!! If I knew that I am being lied to I wouldn't of enrolled into this course.

Daniel
Daniel

Hi Sophia,
Thank you for your question. I have spoken to our Student Services team to try and figure out what has happened. I do apologise for the inconvenience and the miscommunication with your course advisor and do understand your frustration.
To explain, amendments were made to the TEQSA Act 2017 on the 29th August 2017 which were put in place in March 2018. This required education providers operating in Australia to take immediate action and change the name of their Diploma courses. This change was beyond our control as a result of the legislation amendment. We were required by law to change your course from “Diploma” to “Advanced Certificate”. All students (including you) were contacted in March to advise you of this change.
Please be advised Sofia, that your course content has not and will not change. It is simply the name of the course which has changed. We apologise again for any inconvenience caused and our student services team will also contact you directly about this.
Kind regards, Daniel

tezza
tezza

Actually the law came into place in 2011 not 2018 as they claimed. Only RTOs and Higher Education Providers were legally allowed to use the word Diploma. You should ask for a full refund as you were wrongly sold the course under false pretenses. The only thing that changed in 2018 was that TESQA was able to enforce it.

Get an answer from our members and The Career Academy representatives